Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Mini Release Notes (11/11/2019)
123Next >
11164 81 2019-11-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview
  • Date: 2019.11.11
  • Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0200
  • Remote Controller: v01.00.0200
  • DJI Fly App iOS: V1.0.2
  • DJI Fly App Android: V1.0.1

What’s New?  
  • Added support for QuickShots in all flight modes, and increases flight stability.
  • Optimized the 2.7K video shooting experience, and optimized video recording quality.
  • Optimized image distortion to give images a more natural appearance.
  • Updated the image preview function to a full screen view with a default image size of 16:9.
  • Fixed shooting-related issues, including problems with no sound during shooting.
  • Optimized image transmission quality to ensure sharper preview images in environments with signal interference, and optimized nighttime image transmission quality to ensure clearer preview images.
  • Decreased pairing time for a more optimal user experience.
  • Added flight safety features for the Japanese version of Mavic Mini when the aircraft is taking off in low- or extremely low-temperature environments, and optimized the Return to Home function when flying in strong winds (fly with caution and reduce altitude as required).
  • Optimized gimbal performance.
  • Increased the speed of GPS signal searching.
  • Optimized the aircraft’s performance in high altitude environments (fly with caution).
  • Added LED prompts for when errors are detected with the charging equipment during charging (slow blinking), and LED charging prompts for indicating the type of charging in progress: rapid blinking for fast charging, and slow blinking regular charging.

Notes:­­
  • Note that the update may reset various main controller settings, such as the RTH altitude and the maximum flight distance, to default settings. Before updating, take note of your preferred DJI Fly settings, and readjust them after the update.
  • If the update fails, restart aircraft, remote controller, and DJI Fly or DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic, and retry.

2019-11-11
Use props
dronespilot
Captain
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank you! Please consider adding the manual mode for video
2019-11-11
Use props
SpinRush_C1
lvl.1
Japan

Added flight safety features for the Japanese version of Mavic Mini when the aircraft is taking off in low- or extremely low-temperature environments, and optimized the Return to Home function when flying in strong winds (fly with caution and reduce altitude as required).

I'm purchasing the Japanese version.  Where are the details for this?
2019-11-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the info!
2019-11-11
Use props
sleepingfish
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3685922 ft
  • >>>
Japan

ナイス!
2019-11-12
Use props
fansd77831df
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21549 ft
Portugal

Thanks.
My fly app don’t have any content in the “book” icon, in the upper right side. Just say “soon” in Everyday tab.

Sending a pic (Portuguese).

Thanks
2019-11-12
Use props
Smark
Captain
Flight distance : 80089 ft
United States

Thank you!
2019-11-12
Use props
JodyB
Captain
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the share!! Thank you so much!
2019-11-12
Use props
Juliflash
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2923 ft

Spain

JodyB Posted at 11-12 07:28
Thanks for the share!! Thank you so much!

Super cool, cant wait for more updates...
Check this out:
2019-11-12
Use props
JodyB
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Juliflash Posted at 11-12 07:40
Super cool, cant wait for more updates...
Check this out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcIxD3dj3VQ

That's awesome!! Hopefully a sign of good things to come!!
2019-11-12
Use props
Juliflash
Second Officer

Spain

JodyB Posted at 11-12 07:44
That's awesome!! Hopefully a sign of good things to come!!

Yeah I' m hoping for Raw photo and manual video... now seems much more possible!!
2019-11-12
Use props
JodyB
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Juliflash Posted at 11-12 07:46
Yeah I' m hoping for Raw photo and manual video... now seems much more possible!!

I'm pretty sure that either or both of those are a real possibility for this drone. That and a form of active track. Active track is something I'd love to see on the MM. I'm just now getting into the photography thing, so the RAW and manual video, I'd love to see it, but that would be something I would have to play with to be able to use at this point, LOL
2019-11-12
Use props
Juliflash
Second Officer

Spain

JodyB Posted at 11-12 07:49
I'm pretty sure that either or both of those are a real possibility for this drone. That and a form of active track. Active track is something I'd love to see on the MM. I'm just now getting into the photography thing, so the RAW and manual video, I'd love to see it, but that would be something I would have to play with to be able to use at this point, LOL

Yeah I would like some sort of active track too, maybe more risky for beginners, but RAW and manual video (bracketing would be awesome too but can be done manually) are kind of important for me, and they don't ask for "increased" power, just allow to set WB, saturation, sharpness, shutter speed and ISO... it would be a very usable tool in more demanding shots.
I'm a photographer myself so welcome to the club!!
2019-11-12
Use props
djicheaha
Captain
Flight distance : 2957598 ft
  • >>>
United States

Happy to see improvements right away. As we begin flying our personal MM, we can make suggestions and hope for the best. RAW and manual video, active track and so forth.
2019-11-12
Use props
Juliflash
Second Officer

Spain

djicheaha Posted at 11-12 08:13
Happy to see improvements right away. As we begin flying our personal MM, we can make suggestions and hope for the best. RAW and manual video, active track and so forth.

Agreed, very positive to see an upgrade so soon.
I guess they will have soooo much flying info from users that the firmware will be  fine tuned nicely.
2019-11-12
Use props
JodyB
Captain
  • >>>
United States

djicheaha Posted at 11-12 08:13

Absolutely. It's exciting to see that DJI is active on improvements this quick.
2019-11-12
Use props
KREMi
Captain
  • >>>
Poland

lets wait for updates with some new modes/unlocks
2019-11-12
Use props
djiuser_CjRRJa5IUh2m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 105180 ft
Finland

Before adding new functions PLEASE DJI UPDATE THE APP TO WORK WITH MORE DEVICES!!!
2019-11-12
Use props
Cepheroh
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1691959 ft

Singapore

When can we have manual mode for Video?
2019-11-13
Use props
Udo13
First Officer
Flight distance : 257188 ft
Germany

Cepheroh Posted at 11-13 01:20
When can we have manual mode for Video?

We hope, in the next FW-Update!
2019-11-13
Use props
fans652d5e63
lvl.3
Canada

PLEASE make the mavic mini compatible with the dji goggles.
2019-11-13
Use props
MatthewW28
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11460925 ft
United States

I love my Mavic Mini and only flew it for 5 minutes at 50ft.
2019-11-14
Use props
PercyJackson
lvl.1
Flight distance : 266 ft
Bulgaria

New functions is great, thank you guys, but PLEASE make DJI-FLY app compatible with 32bit OS. this incompatibility make many people unhappy.
2019-11-14
Use props
djiuser_zSymHkL4NBMk
lvl.1

France

PercyJackson Posted at 11-14 06:56
New functions is great, thank you guys, but PLEASE make DJI-FLY app compatible with 32bit OS. this incompatibility make many people unhappy.

Agreed... please, DJI, do something about it...

Even if you don't plan on releasing a 32-bit app, we'd be happy to have the official word, so we know if it is worth waiting or not...
2019-11-14
Use props
djiuser_brWnIjCfMqXR
lvl.3
Flight distance : 57428 ft
Netherlands

Please add active track for the mini this is almost industry standard and yet its not on the mini. Also some form of log file for video and manual would be nice. Same with raw for photo.
2019-11-14
Use props
Juliflash
Second Officer

Spain

Yeah they need to look in to what is causing so many modern devices, not being eble to use the FLY app, something for such a wide range of users has to.
2019-11-14
Use props
DiwellingtonPhT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8284 ft
Italy

Will you improve the Video aspect with a firmware to have ISO and shutter speed in manual video mode ?)
Tx
2019-11-14
Use props
Cdpils
lvl.3
Flight distance : 24948 ft
Germany

djiuser_brWnIjCfMqXR Posted at 11-14 09:00
Please add active track for the mini this is almost industry standard and yet its not on the mini. Also some form of log file for video and manual would be nice. Same with raw for photo.

Yes, definitely active track needs to be added. Hyperlapse would be nice too
2019-11-14
Use props
Cdpils
lvl.3
Flight distance : 24948 ft
Germany

Definitely active track needs to be added. Hyperlapse would be nice too
2019-11-14
Use props
Cookster670
First Officer
Australia

Feature Requests:
-Active Track
- Panorama Photos

2019-11-15
Use props
cylstudio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 375046 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Feature Requests:
- AEB Photo mode
- Panorama Photos
- Manual video Settings (WB, Shutters, Aperture, ISO)
- Active track

2019-11-15
Use props
fansd255dd1c
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14708 ft
Slovakia

Hi guys, is it possible to implement button to somehow disable charging from conmtroller to mobile phone ?
2019-11-16
Use props
fansd255dd1c
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14708 ft
Slovakia

Hi guys, is it possible to implement button to somehow disable charging from conmtroller to mobile phone ?
I am using Mavic Mini with Xiaomi MI 9T. I own fly more combo ( so extra batteries).
Everytime I start DJI Fly app, it starts charging my phone from the controller battery over cable.
Is there a way how to just transfer data without charging ?
Otherwise no matter I have 3 batteries, my controller will discharge faster.
This is crazy!
Appreciate any help.
2019-11-16
Use props
Abastros
lvl.1

United States

Got to fly it for the first time today, excellent first experience!
2019-11-16
Use props
P3Sdestroyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1811322 ft
South Africa

fansd255dd1c Posted at 11-16 12:45
I am using Mavic Mini with Xiaomi MI 9T. I own fly more combo ( so extra batteries).
Everytime I start DJI Fly app, it starts charging my phone from the controller battery over cable.

Check the other posts there has been details posted about Android phones charging when plugged into the controller
2019-11-17
Use props
TheCameraGuy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

I flew in  side my apartment.  Well done and the 2.7K was great looking. I’m glad I bought it.

Anyone want a 4 battery Mavic Pro, never an accident. Best offer. Has all sorts of accessories, multi charger too. DJI sling bag included
2019-11-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

TheCameraGuy Posted at 11-17 09:14
I flew in  side my apartment.  Well done and the 2.7K was great looking. I’m glad I bought it.

Anyone want a 4 battery Mavic Pro, never an accident. Best offer. Has all sorts of accessories, multi charger too. DJI sling bag included

Original mavic great drone , hard to know what it’s worth possibly $600 with the extras , hope you get a quick sale, I don’t think I’ll ever sell mine.
2019-11-17
Use props
djiuser_lqtsIzGBodtp
New

Is the remote control of the mavic mini compatible with dji flight simulator?
2019-11-18
Use props
vivi86
New
Spain

The DJI Lovers needs the Active Track for Mavic Mini, i have 3 mavic and it is the most used fly mode, so we hope in the next firmware release to have it :-)
2019-11-19
Use props
djiuser_9YDUGHlRbIdD
lvl.4
United States

While reading the Sales information I came across " When flying while not logged into a DJI account, the flight altitude will be limited to 30 m, and the flight distance will be limited to 50 m." Where I fly there is no 4G/3G or WiFi, why are you doing this?
2019-11-19
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules