Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Mini Release Notes (11/11/2019)
123Next >
11168 81 2019-11-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_9YDUGHlRbIdD
lvl.4
United States

fansd255dd1c Posted at 11-16 12:45
Hi guys, is it possible to implement button to somehow disable charging from conmtroller to mobile phone ?
I am using Mavic Mini with Xiaomi MI 9T. I own fly more combo ( so extra batteries).
Everytime I start DJI Fly app, it starts charging my phone from the controller battery over cable.

I ran into this issue with a Mavic 2 Zoom, RC charges phone/tablet. I added a batter pack (two 16850) that plugs into the micro USB RC connector and use the center USB type A connector for the tablet. The battery pack charges the controller while the controller charges the the phone/tablet. DJI is Apple centric, they don't understand USB protocol.

Does the Mavic Mini RC have a USB type A connector or is there only one connector? If there is only one USB connector on the Mavic Mini RC you will have to cut the 5 Volt wire in the cable -
2019-11-19
Use props
djiuser_9YDUGHlRbIdD
lvl.4
United States

My DJI Goggles RE work with 5.8Ghz transceivers from everyone, will they work with the Mavic Mini and if not why not?
(Still waiting on a firmware update on the Goggles RE to make them work with the Mavic 2!)
2019-11-19
Use props
romolo8
lvl.1
  • >>>
Italy

add pano mode
2019-11-19
Use props
frggr
New

Czechia

Why not add to your notes that the App is only compatible with about 7 Android phones?
2019-11-22
Use props
JodyB
Captain
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_9YDUGHlRbIdD Posted at 11-19 08:18
While reading the Sales information I came across " When flying while not logged into a DJI account, the flight altitude will be limited to 30 m, and the flight distance will be limited to 50 m." Where I fly there is no 4G/3G or WiFi, why are you doing this?

It just says while not logged into a dji account. If your logged in, it should still work if you have a connection to a router or cell data service.
2019-11-22
Use props
powerlordUK
lvl.1

United Kingdom

can someone test  the need for live data connection ? if that's the case that's pretty terrible - not something I noticed either.

I too fly in the highlands of scotland sometimes - there is no cellular network. Or rural spain - the same. My mavic pro works fine (no maps obviously)

Are they really saying in that situation, or, so when you are abroad and don't want to end up paying a fortune in roaming charges, that you can't effectively use the mini (i definitely count it being tethered to a 50m radius as rendering it next to useless)
2019-11-22
Use props
Elsmeghead
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3421503 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI just need to fix the RTH Altitude setting bug now, where it keeps displaying 49.2ft after closing and reopening the Fly app, instead of memorising and displaying the height that the user sets it to (which still remains when flying, just doesn't display it. I ran tests and it still returns at the previous manually entered height even though the setting display still shows 49.2ft)
2019-11-22
Use props
Uptowndisco
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7394987 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

powerlordUK Posted at 11-22 11:20
can someone test  the need for live data connection ? if that's the case that's pretty terrible - not something I noticed either.

I too fly in the highlands of scotland sometimes - there is no cellular network. Or rural spain - the same. My mavic pro works fine (no maps obviously)

I live in Scotland and fly in the areas you mentioned , you do not need a Live Data connection , so long as you have previously logged into the DJI Fly app and use the app connected to the phone when you do fly.
2019-11-22
Use props
Elsmeghead
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_9YDUGHlRbIdD Posted at 11-19 08:27
I ran into this issue with a Mavic 2 Zoom, RC charges phone/tablet. I added a batter pack (two 16850) that plugs into the micro USB RC connector and use the center USB type A connector for the tablet. The battery pack charges the controller while the controller charges the the phone/tablet. DJI is Apple centric, they don't understand USB protocol.

Does the Mavic Mini RC have a USB type A connector or is there only one connector? If there is only one USB connector on the Mavic Mini RC you will have to cut the 5 Volt wire in the cable -

This is only an issue with Android devices. iOS users get 4.5hrs from the controller battery as it doesn't charge the ios mobile device. Android devices will automatically charge from the controller so will only get 100 minutes from it if the device's battery is low.
Better off using an Apple device.
2019-11-22
Use props
Elsmeghead
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Uptowndisco Posted at 11-22 14:31
I live in Scotland and fly in the areas you mentioned , you do not need a Live Data connection , so long as you have previously logged into the DJI Fly app and use the app connected to the phone when you do fly.

You see this same "non issue" question every time DJI release a new drone.
2019-11-22
Use props
Elsmeghead
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

frggr Posted at 11-22 04:43
Why not add to your notes that the App is only compatible with about 7 Android phones?

A few more than 7... and you can add iPad Mini2 to the ios list too. The menus aren't quite optimised for the ipad mini2 but the Camera View and Editor are useable.
2019-11-22
Use props
Cdpils
lvl.3
Flight distance : 24948 ft
Germany

Add ActiveTrack please
2019-11-23
Use props
BobB
Captain
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Loved the 2 little people sitting on top of the MM in this video
2019-11-23
Use props
Lolik12345
lvl.4
Flight distance : 256493 ft
  • >>>
Israel

Firmware 01.00.200 zero distance never takeoff after activation forced to update.
be carefull with transmission channel change mannualy there are 2 modes  AUTO and Manual Channel select option . if you change to highest channel, Wifi communication will restart remote will disconnect and never be able to connect back .  link or relink (paring) Remote to Aircraft will not work any more .
This is a HIdden Bug that kills your Mavic mini.

this happend to me  and got new Mavic Mini from Dji customer service, but as I didnt know what was the cause to the problem i made this change on the New Mavic mini again
and surprize!  this Mavic Mini died also.
i hope that DJi will solve this soon
So on this sunday i will go back with my 2nd dead Mavic Mini to Diji custumer Service and try to simulate same problem at Dji service Lab.

Please if any one alse faced this BUG let me know in comments.........

2019-11-23
Use props
mjordan79
lvl.1
Italy

Hope it will expanded in functionality! Lack of active track is preventing me from buying it.
2019-11-23
Use props
fans4c61d0f6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16355 ft
Switzerland

hi I have this problem with the three batteries I got this error and the drone didn't.  he heard commands thankfully and landed alone without damage that can be done with this problem ps the wind was not strong
8DD01B58-8EC3-4649-AD2D-908B2B81ECD0.png
2019-11-23
Use props
Romeo Loh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39649 ft
Singapore

Recalibrated my mavic mini controller once. Now it keeps beeping. Everytime re calibrate the beeping stops. But when i off and on it again, the beeping comes back. And drone stabilisation is very bad. Anyone can help ?
2019-11-26
Use props
Romeo Loh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39649 ft
Singapore

Recalibrated my mavic mini controller once. Now it keeps beeping. Everytime re calibrate the beeping stops. But when i off and on it again, the beeping comes back. And drone stabilisation is very bad. Anyone can help ?
2019-11-26
Use props
DroneVideoGuy
lvl.1

Canada

So tempted to buy this one! It's like the perfect drone.
2019-11-26
Use props
djiuser_cyLLQ80fTkfn
lvl.1

United States

I was really displeased to find out my Motorola X4 would not work with the Mini. I had bought a Fellow I had to return and was told by DJI that the other app for the Mini is compatible. Its not. Please fix your platforms you're going to have a lot of returns after Christmas as there is nothing on the package that CLEARLY STATES what phones and Android version 6-9 compatible. FIX THIS
Supported devices
Android Version V 1.0.2
Requires Android 6.0 or above not 10
Compatible with Samsung Galaxy S10+, Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S9+, Samsung Galaxy S9 , Samsung Galaxy S8+, Samsung Galaxy S8, Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, Samsung Galaxy S7, Samsung Galaxy S6, Samsung Galaxy Note9, Samsung Galaxy Note8, HUAWEI P30 Pro, HUAWEI P30, HUAWEI P20, HUAWEI P10, HUAWEI Mate 20 Pro, HUAWEI Mate 10, HUAWEI nova 5, HUAWEI nova 4, HUAWEI nova 3e, HUAWEI nova 2, Honor 8X, Honor V10, Honor 9, Honor 20 Pro, Honor Magic 2, Mi 8, Mi MIX 2S, Mi MIX 2, Redmi Note 5, OPPO Find X, OPPO R15, vivo NEX, vivo
2019-11-28
Use props
djiuser_cyLLQ80fTkfn
lvl.1

United States

DO NOT BUY IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER PHONE BESIDES AN IPHONE OR SAMSUNG. OTHER PHONES ARE NOT SUPPORTED PROPERLY. GOOGLE IT AND DO YOUR RESEARCH. JUST TRYING TO SAVE SOME HEADACHES. Here is the screen you will see on unsupported devices. I already went through this. Sorry please fix this problem
2019-11-28
Use props
djiuser_cyLLQ80fTkfn
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_cyLLQ80fTkfn Posted at 11-28 08:26
DO NOT BUY IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER PHONE BESIDES AN IPHONE OR SAMSUNG. OTHER PHONES ARE NOT SUPPORTED PROPERLY. GOOGLE IT AND DO YOUR RESEARCH. JUST TRYING TO SAVE SOME HEADACHES. Here is the screen you will see on unsupported devices. I already went through this. Sorry please fix this problem

Screenshot_20191123-074142.png
2019-11-28
Use props
djiuser_cyLLQ80fTkfn
lvl.1

United States

Elsmeghead Posted at 11-22 14:37
This is only an issue with Android devices. iOS users get 4.5hrs from the controller battery as it doesn't charge the ios mobile device. Android devices will automatically charge from the controller so will only get 100 minutes from it if the device's battery is low.
Better off using an Apple device.

Don't buy if you have an unsupported device....so that leaves only apple
2019-11-28
Use props
djiuser_cyLLQ80fTkfn
lvl.1

United States

dronespilot Posted at 11-11 20:10
Thank you! Please consider adding the manual mode for video

Just added a bunch of updates but still doesn't support most Android phones. If your phone updates to Android version 10 or if you have a phone other than apple or Samsung Galaxy this is what you get. Do your research before you buy. It's to bad because they have amazing products. At least make another remote with a built in screen. I have a Android phone that's a year old and doesn't work with the different apps for the magic mini and the tello. I've tested both. Really disappointed
2019-11-28
Use props
Stefan Malloch
lvl.3
Canada

Getting "Max Power Reached Warning" .. drone drops quite a bit and wont maintain altitude. Anyone else having these issues?
2019-11-29
Use props
Stefan Malloch
lvl.3
Canada

Lol yes please indeed. Also, enable 4k video!
2019-11-29
Use props
P4P+
lvl.4
United States

I think DJI is going to have to make a dedicated video device for this drone to insure that it works.
2019-12-1
Use props
P4P+
lvl.4
United States

vivi86 Posted at 11-19 00:26
The DJI Lovers needs the Active Track for Mavic Mini, i have 3 mavic and it is the most used fly mode, so we hope in the next firmware release to have it :-)

The Mini will never have Active Track. The hardware to do so would add too much weight.
2019-12-1
Use props
siowxsen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1952359 ft
Malaysia

Keep pop up this error after perform multiple times IMU calibration.
2019-12-2
Use props
lilnitsch
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I would also like to see the adding the manual mode for video & panoramic photos
2019-12-2
Use props
lilnitsch
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

lilnitsch Posted at 12-2 08:19
I would also like to see the adding the manual mode for video & panoramic photos

A native iPad version of the the Fly app would also be nice to take advantage of the larger screen size
2019-12-2
Use props
lilnitsch
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Elsmeghead Posted at 11-22 14:09
DJI just need to fix the RTH Altitude setting bug now, where it keeps displaying 49.2ft after closing and reopening the Fly app, instead of memorising and displaying the height that the user sets it to (which still remains when flying, just doesn't display it. I ran tests and it still returns at the previous manually entered height even though the setting display still shows 49.2ft)

This was addressed with a firmware update recently
2019-12-2
Use props
lilnitsch
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DroneVideoGuy Posted at 11-26 16:16
So tempted to buy this one! It's like the perfect drone.

It's a great little drone ~ I have added it to my fleet. It has pretty decent range, I have easily seen twice the distance I can get out of the Spark in real world flying. I bought this as a "b" / Travel drone just on it's size alone. Flight time I am seeing about 25 minutes in cold temperatures
2019-12-2
Use props
djiuser_9WviaV57uTrt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11772 ft

United Kingdom

Mavic mini a joke they lied to to buy a product 4km on box lucky to get 300meters
2019-12-2
Use props
djiuser_VMFknVRjIoEQ
New
New Zealand

Hey, someone knows how to do tracking flight in Mavic mini I want the drone to follow me on my bike!
2019-12-3
Use props
djiuser_8E1xGB8XlalX
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36929 ft
United Kingdom

P4P+ Posted at 12-1 12:34
The Mini will never have Active Track. The hardware to do so would add too much weight.

you say that but it will track you if you move during quickshots... so it must it is capable on some level
2019-12-3
Use props
Paul Atkin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36962 ft
United States

Please communicate to the team that it is really important to add back to the DJI Fly application the basic capability to perform at least the 'Super Resolution' panorama mode quick shot - as it is the most common and popular method to make an acceptable photos from the small 12mp sensor.

It is also absolutely incomprehensible why there is no capability to save DNG raw files on Mavic Mini. it does not need any additional computing power or effort, just make a checkbox somewhere to tick so it wold save JPGs and DNGs together.

As of active track, etc. - it is understood that for marketing reasons it will not be done,  but not to have a basic capability to shoot panoramas with this drone is ridiculous.  It has all required hardware to be able to perform those functions, or at least shoot a series of files and save them into folders, so they could be stitched together later.

Last biggest grief i have - developers MUST figure it out how to prevent drain of the remote battery when customers use Android phones with DJI remote. By default it activates USB connection that charges Android phone from the remote and it drains almost whole remote controller battery in 30min. it is totally unacceptable and was ignored by DJi for quite a while, for no good reason at all. set the USB connection  type properly in the code when it pairs with the phone to avoid charging, it is not difficult to fix!
2019-12-3
Use props
Paul Atkin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36962 ft
United States

P3Sdestroyer Posted at 11-17 07:05
Check the other posts there has been details posted about Android phones charging when plugged into the controller

> has been details posted about Android phones charging when plugged into the controller

it does not work. developer mode switch is not helping on majority of the phones. it has to be set properly  in the code itself, not on the phone side.
2019-12-3
Use props
Ramacher
lvl.1

United States

Can we please get the full release notes for  V01.00.0300 that was released today?
Screenshot_20191203-221423.png
Screenshot_20191203-222248.png
2019-12-4
Use props
djiuser_p0zH54hqAQHW
New

Australia

Thanks for that
2019-12-9
Use props
123Next >
Advanced