12Next >
3310 41 2019-11-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AlanHd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

I'm super confused and would like some clarification from someone from DJI, in the past 24 hrs people have been saying they have a new version of the Mimo app for android that cures the random disconects but for myself and many others this does not show in the play store, yet the IOS app which was working has been updated on the apple store in the last day or so.
What's going on are us android users the black sheep of the family.
2019-11-12
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

They said it was "rolling out" - I don't know whether the Play Store actually has the ability to progressively roll out an update on some basis so that not everyone updates at once, but I can imagine they might want to do such a thing to ensure the fix for current problems does work "in the field" with early updaters before it goes out to everyone.  That's not an uncommon technique in respect of other things that get updated.
2019-11-12
Use props
Krause31
lvl.4
Flight distance : 598990 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hello,
I understood that only IOS owners got an update for the mimo app.

best regards...markus
2019-11-12
Use props
nostromito
lvl.2
Spain

You've got to be kidding me!!!

It turns out that all the problems we have Android users, and the update comes before the users of IOS ..., incomprehensible!!!

The contempt of DJI, to Android users acquires colossal dimensions.

Never more DJI!!!, never more!!!
2019-11-12
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
United Kingdom

The Update has just shown up for me now in the UK
2019-11-12
Use props
nostromito
lvl.2
Spain

AlanHd Posted at 11-12 04:00
The Update has just shown up for me now in the UK

Could you report if the bluetooh problem has been solved? When you try it, of course!

Greetings!
2019-11-12
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
United Kingdom

nostromito Posted at 11-12 04:54
Could you report if the bluetooh problem has been solved? When you try it, of course!

Greetings!

Just tried it with two recordings and had no disconects at all.
2019-11-12
Use props
Aitor Donostia
lvl.2
Spain

Where did you download the update? in the Play Store? BecauseI don't see any update

Thanks!
2019-11-12
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Aitor Donostia Posted at 11-12 06:08
Where did you download the update? in the Play Store? BecauseI don't see any update

Thanks!

Yeah it showed up on the App Store, I kept checking and it wouldn’t show an update, dunno if it’s relevant but I went to the App Store via a browser page and when it redirected me back to the app the update was there. Probably just coincidence.
2019-11-12
Use props
Rob.01A
lvl.4
Flight distance : 128888 ft
Netherlands

1 . Remove old Mimo app on your phone and delete DJI folder.
2. Just go to the play store via your browser and hit the Install, make sure login and select your device.

2019-11-12
Use props
Aitor Donostia
lvl.2
Spain

Rob.01A Posted at 11-12 08:18
1 . Remove old Mimo app on your phone and delete DJI folder.
2. Just go to the play store via your browser and hit the Install, make sure login and select your device.

I just did what you said but the Mimo app keeps crashing in my Galaxy S9+. This is an absolute tease.
I will never buy again a DJI product. Never again.
2019-11-12
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Aitor Donostia Posted at 11-12 09:42
I just did what you said but the Mimo app keeps crashing in my Galaxy S9+. This is an absolute tease.
I will never buy again a DJI product. Never again.

Sounds like you still haven’t got the update, what’s your app version
2019-11-12
Use props
Aitor Donostia
lvl.2
Spain

AlanHd Posted at 11-12 09:52
Sounds like you still haven’t got the update, what’s your app version

It says V1.2.6(45313)
2019-11-12
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Yeah that’s still the old version, the one that fixes the issues is 1.2.8. For some reason it’s taking ages for some people to see it on the play store.
2019-11-12
Use props
Aitor Donostia
lvl.2
Spain

AlanHd Posted at 11-12 10:06
Yeah that’s still the old version, the one that fixes the issues is 1.2.8. For some reason it’s taking ages for some people to see it on the play store.

Ok. It seems that I will have to wait then.
Thank you
2019-11-12
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

im an android user and im just now seeing this thread. I just went to the play store and 1.2.8 is there.if you don't see it yet its not DJIs issue.

2019-11-12
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
United Kingdom

marctronixx Posted at 11-12 10:50
im an android user and im just now seeing this thread. I just went to the play store and 1.2.8 is there.if you don't see it yet its not DJIs issue.

The biggest issue for me was the lack of official information from DJI, how hard would it have been to say it’s been released to GooGle, instead the most we could get was it’s coming soon, then reports of people saying they had a update. It creates uncertainty .
2019-11-12
Use props
BoonFire
lvl.3
Flight distance : 199367 ft
Russia

Hello! Today I received my osmo mobile 3, I have a Samsung note 9 smartphone. Application by, application version 1.2.6. There is a problem closing the application. Will version 1.2.8 appear in just a few days?
2019-11-12
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
United Kingdom

BoonFire Posted at 11-12 11:46
Hello! Today I received my osmo mobile 3, I have a Samsung note 9 smartphone. Application by, application version 1.2.6. There is a problem closing the application. Will version 1.2.8 appear in just a few days?

1.2.8 will fix your issue and has been released to the play store, your just going to have to keep checking to see if it’s available I’m afraid unless you have auto update on 8n the play store.
2019-11-12
Use props
nostromito
lvl.2
Spain

I'm just like you, with the same version.

I just did the thing of unlabel the app, I deleted everything related to DJI from my mobile, I installed DJI Mimo Play Store through the browser, dated November 11, and is still 1.2.6 (45313)

I don't understand anything!!!
2019-11-12
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
United Kingdom

nostromito Posted at 11-12 13:21
I'm just like you, with the same version.

I just did the thing of unlabel the app, I deleted everything related to DJI from my mobile, I installed DJI Mimo Play Store through the browser, dated November 11, and is still 1.2.6 (45313)

For some reason the play store is taking ages to show the update, even people in the same region are having different results, it’s a case of just keep checking I’m afraid.
2019-11-12
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

See second post - it's "rolling out" which implies  that the release is progressive rather than instantly available to everyone.  Frustrating though it might be to users, with everyone criticising DJI for the problem in the first place (which in fact may not have been their problem if it was a security update on the Android side) coupled with everyone wanting the fix as soon as possible, they may have decided to release it quick but roll it out progressively,  so if users of all the myriad phones out there say there's still a problem, or a worse problem, they can halt the release.  I feel a bit sympathetic to DJI here as whatever they do, they're going to get the blame whether it's actually their fault or not.
2019-11-12
Use props
Aitor Donostia
lvl.2
Spain

Could someone please post the new apk somewhere?
2019-11-13
Use props
FatherOfMayhem3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 380548 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Enough, it doesnt take days to release globally, please at least update the Osmo download so we can choose to install this ourself via the APK
2019-11-13
Use props
nostromito
lvl.2
Spain

Has anyone with Android had their app updated?

If so, what version is it?

Could someone share the apk, for the poor who have not yet received it?

Thanks and greetings!
2019-11-13
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

On DJI's download page the app description says "Android 7 and above" - could this be why some people are not seeing it in the Store - have they changed the Android version it works with??
2019-11-13
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
United Kingdom

nostromito Posted at 11-13 12:43
Has anyone with Android had their app updated?

If so, what version is it?

Sent you a PM
2019-11-13
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
United Kingdom

FatherOfMayhem3 Posted at 11-13 11:43
Enough, it doesnt take days to release globally, please at least update the Osmo download so we can choose to install this ourself via the APK

Sent you a PM
2019-11-13
Use props
Aitor Donostia
lvl.2
Spain

What about the rest of us?
2019-11-13
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Aitor Donostia Posted at 11-13 12:59
What about the rest of us?

I sent you a PM before
2019-11-13
Use props
HaroldPL
New

Poland

AlanHd Posted at 11-13 13:01
I sent you a PM before

do you have APK? Can you also send it to me?
2019-11-13
Use props
nostromito
lvl.2
Spain

At last! My Osmo 3 is now up and running.
I just recorded a 5 minute Hyperlapse and it hasn't disconnected...

Very, very much thanks!
2019-11-13
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
United Kingdom

nostromito Posted at 11-13 14:00
At last! My Osmo 3 is now up and running.
I just recorded a 5 minute Hyperlapse and it hasn't disconnected...

No problem your the second to report that the APK is working so if anyones interested send me a pm
2019-11-13
Use props
nostromito
lvl.2
Spain

This morning I had a conversation in the DJI support chat, in which I had to put up with being lied to and put off, precisely on the subject of the update.

I expounded to him that in the forum there were users who referred an update of the app with version 1.2.8, and that it had not reached all of us.
After a while of consultation, told me that there was no such update, to which I replied that he was lying to me, as the forum was talking about it.

In the end I thanked him for nothing and left the chat ...

DJI behaves in a tremendously opaque way with users, especially if we have Android devices, which seems to hinder them.

A strange way to attract potential customers...
2019-11-13
Use props
Muller
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9478 ft
Poland

Hello, could someone honor me with version 1.2.8 greetings
2019-11-13
Use props
Krause31
lvl.4
Flight distance : 598990 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hello,
this morning i got the android mimo update to version 1.2.8 from the play store!

best regards...markus
2019-11-13
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Muller Posted at 11-13 17:25
Hello, could someone honor me with version 1.2.8 greetings

Sent you a pm
2019-11-14
Use props
Muller
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9478 ft
Poland

finally it works has 1.2.8 and no problems at all DJI behaves strangely soft but it is officially not hopefully such behavior would not translate into mavic 2 pro.
2019-11-14
Use props
HenryT
lvl.1
Singapore

I updated it to 1.2.8 and I have to say, I am fairly disappointed the UltraWide angle option for the Note 10+ isn't there yet...

Was really hoping that a flagship phone would be on the top of the list of phones to support all cameras on the MIMO app. Are there plans to allow us usage of those cameras soon?
2019-11-14
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

What other apps do support that option, apart from the Note 10+ native app?  Not all phone feaures are accessible by app developers.
2019-11-14
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules