3018 23 2019-11-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ian in London
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Despite ordering my combo 3 minutes before the official launch time, my order is still stuck on 'Processing'.  But in the UK, Argos have now got the combo in stock.  So another DJI direct order cancelled and I'm picking it up in 20 mins.

When will DJI ever get their act together for shipping new product launches?  This is no different to the original Mavic Pro!

Cheers
Ian

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/4566155

2019-11-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice
2019-11-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I mean, that it is in store.
Not nice that DJI is late with their own store.
2019-11-12
Use props
Spud211
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks for posting this - just cancelled my amazon order and got one reserved at my local argos now, picking up at lunchtime

Exciting times...had an order with DJI but cancelled due to the silly shipping times...then amazon, who failed to ship it on time...now at least with Argos it's confirmed stock :!
2019-11-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

New video later today then?
2019-11-12
Use props
Ian in London
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 11-12 02:18
New video later today then?

Maybe not today....   At my day-job being a Suit in the City!  But defo by the weekend!  

Ian
2019-11-12
Use props
BobB
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Ian you have had time by now so how do you like the bird? I know you have opened the box lol
Edit:
Nevemind your playing suit today lol
2019-11-12
Use props
DarrenG
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Thank you!  I had a pre-order with AmazonUK , supposed to be delivered today, still said due today despite not having shipped and when I queried it an hour ago they apologised and said it would be 10 Dec as stock of the combo had not been received. Have just ordered from Argos and it'll be here this evening
2019-11-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I agree this situation is not on particularly to those who are the first to put their money down,

However it is a bit different than launch of MP1, that drone was in all cases first sold and delivered to those who purchased directly, the problem was it was delayed by 3 months for initial buyers.

With spark, mavic air, M2 all these craft buyers on the website received before or on the day of retail sales.
But Osmo pocket , Osmo action and now Mavic Mini we have seen those who purchased on day of release being left out in the cold, I think this is the new trend, there was a time when dji promised those who paid first got their drones first but this has now changed .
2019-11-12
Use props
cylstudio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 375046 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for the info, just ordered and collected!!!
2019-11-12
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just checked Argos ( Yeovil ) and it is available to click and collect in 5 minutes. Still not tempted to buy one at the moment.
2019-11-12
Use props
Juliflash
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2923 ft

Spain

Nice, happy for you, I used to live  near an Argos in Brighton... now I have to wait... Spain seems out of stock everywhere.
2019-11-12
Use props
djiuser_6skJaeLno6Ca
lvl.3
Flight distance : 21316 ft
United Kingdom

That’s good news! I wish they had some stock of the Mavic 2 zoom, been waiting ages, seems a lot of places have no stock, I guess everything takes a step back and they put all their effort into the new product getting out.
2019-11-12
Use props
petek9
New

United Kingdom

For the others who got one from Argos today - did you get the FCC or CE model of the mavic mini? i.e. what does it identify as when you connect to your phone - a MT1SS5 (FCC) or MT1SD25 (CE), and do you have 2.4ghz mode available?

Mine was an FCC model but with CE remote (despite UK packaging) - trying to work out if this is just my issue or one with all of Argos' stock
2019-11-12
Use props
Ian in London
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

petek9 Posted at 11-12 13:07
For the others who got one from Argos today - did you get the FCC or CE model of the mavic mini? i.e. what does it identify as when you connect to your phone - a MT1SS5 (FCC) or MT1SD25 (CE), and do you have 2.4ghz mode available?

Mine was an FCC model but with CE remote (despite UK packaging) - trying to work out if this is just my issue or one with all of Argos' stock

The one I got from Argos has CE on the remote but did state "adapting the transmission  to comply with local laws and regulations".  So even if you have the FCC one, looks like it will downgrade the transmission as it does on the Air and Pro.
I do have 2.4 Ghz
2019-11-16
Use props
Steve_G
New
United Kingdom

Ian in London Posted at 11-16 11:07
The one I got from Argos has CE on the remote but did state "adapting the transmission  to comply with local laws and regulations".  So even if you have the FCC one, looks like it will downgrade the transmission as it does on the Air and Pro.
I do have 2.4 Ghz

Ian, I'm very much a newbie, two days, two flights newbie! I picked my mini from Argos last Thursday up here in Ayrshire. Whats the difference from FCC and CE.  It would appear mine is on on channel 5.8.  Good or bad?
2019-11-16
Use props
Ian in London
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Steve_G Posted at 11-16 14:16
Ian, I'm very much a newbie, two days, two flights newbie! I picked my mini from Argos last Thursday up here in Ayrshire. Whats the difference from FCC and CE.  It would appear mine is on on channel 5.8.  Good or bad?

It's a difference in the transmission power based on US or EU regulations.  EU restricts transmission power so you don't get as much range....
2019-11-17
Use props
*DM*
Second Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

Mavic57pro2 Posted at 11-12 07:18
Just checked Argos ( Yeovil ) and it is available to click and collect in 5 minutes. Still not tempted to buy one at the moment.

If you have an M2P why would you?
2019-11-17
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

*DM* Posted at 11-17 02:00

No idea why anyone would if they have a M2P. Extra batteries to mange is one reason I don't need more than one drone, that's why I sold my faithful Mavic 1.
2019-11-18
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

*DM* Posted at 11-17 02:00

No idea why anyone would if they have a M2P. Extra batteries to mange is one reason I don't need more than one drone, that's why I sold my faithful Mavic 1.
2019-11-18
Use props
Juliflash
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2923 ft

Spain

Mavic57pro2 Posted at 11-18 09:34
No idea why anyone would if they have a M2P. Extra batteries to mange is one reason I don't need more than one drone, that's why I sold my faithful Mavic 1.

Well having a M2P doens´t mean the MINI is useless, it takes less space, you can fly in other areas where a heavier drone may have restrictions, and also is much cheaper to replace than the M2P...
I´m planning on getting one once I´m experienced enough and I get my pilot license, but for peronal use or as a backup I won´t get rig of the MINI, it makes total sense.
2019-11-18
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tempting mate, very tempting
2019-11-18
Use props
Ian in London
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No idea why anyone would if they have a M2P. Extra batteries to mange is one reason I don't need more than one drone, that's why I sold my faithful Mavic 1.

A back up drone is useful!  I had to buy a second Mavic Pro when mine developed a fault at the start of a  US road trip.  Now I always take a spare drone when I'im doing a big trip and until now it was the Air; from now on it will be the Mini.
2019-11-20
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well having got over 12 drones and 220 RC Aircraft I would say why wouldn't you...…..   Live life don't let it pass you by
2019-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules