Missing the controller cable noodles?
2488 12 2019-11-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
monkeyseemonkey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4347 ft
United Kingdom

It seems that DJI didn't deem it necessary to include the little cable noodles that hold the cable end in the slot on the controller at the phone end... Unless I'm looking in the wrong place? My Mavic Air had them (one per cable-lightning, USB micro and USB-C) but in the Fly More Combo pictures for the MM they're not shown and I haven't found any in the box. For such a silly little part they were really useful! It also seems like the controller has the required detail in the slots to accept them so it seems strange to ommit them!

I guess I'll try and get some 3D printed as it definitely speeds up cable connection when getting ready to fly.
2019-11-12
Use props
monkeyseemonkey
lvl.2
United Kingdom

These things:

2019-11-12
Use props
BobB
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

1st i have read this problem. So do you have any in another box from another drone to use?
2019-11-12
Use props
monkeyseemonkey
lvl.2
United Kingdom

BobB Posted at 11-12 10:45
1st i have read this problem. So do you have any in another box from another drone to use?

Unfortunately I've sold my Mavic Air with all those bits so don't have any spares. Should be able to CAD something up and 3D print it at work. There's not much to them but they are useful!
2019-11-12
Use props
monkeyseemonkey
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Here we go! That's better...

2019-11-13
Use props
hubster5
lvl.1
United States

Confirming there were none in my box either (from Best Buy - Fly More Kit)... I looked on the "in the box" parts list and I couldn't find them listed....  although the docs were so small it gave me a headache trying to read them.
2019-11-13
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

What exactly is the purpose of those? Do they just provide extra support for the cables?
2019-11-13
Use props
hubster5
lvl.1
United States

JodyB Posted at 11-13 07:43
What exactly is the purpose of those? Do they just provide extra support for the cables?

they lock the end of the cable so the phone has something solid to push against while installing, while still allowing the phone to slide up and back the range of the slot.  Not required, just convenient (I think).
2019-11-13
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

hubster5 Posted at 11-13 07:47
they lock the end of the cable so the phone has something solid to push against while installing, while still allowing the phone to slide up and back the range of the slot.  Not required, just convenient (I think).

Sounds like it would be more convenient. If someone is 3d printing these things, they might of just found a new source of income selling them. Of course if they were interested in doing something like that.
2019-11-13
Use props
monkeyseemonkey
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I'll stick the CAD on Thingiverse tomorrow for anyone who has access to a 3D printer and if anyone in the UK needs some I'll make some to sell for the price of postage if it's of interest.
Edit: Note that at the moment this is only for the Micro USB option. The Mavic Air came with 3 noodles, one for each cable so I assume they're each slightly different. I'll have a look at the USB-C and Lightening cables tomorrow and create models for each.
2019-11-13
Use props
monkeyseemonkey
lvl.2
United Kingdom

hubster5 Posted at 11-13 07:47

Exactly that. Make life much easier when connecting your phone to the controller.
2019-11-13
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JodyB Posted at 2019-11-13 07:43

They are called sliders and enable the lightning/USB connector to move up and down more easily in the RC without it popping out - so pleased the new MA2 RC has done away with that design.
2020-11-3
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

i took one off the MP kit i had and it fits the MM rc just fine
2020-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now