Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Fly App for Mavic Mini Force Closes on Android
5043 16 2019-11-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KryptosXLayer2
lvl.1

United States

On my personal phone, a Samsung Note10+, the DJI Fly app works beautifully, no errors or issues whatsoever.  On a backup Chinese Android phone from Doogee (it has a 5,000mAh battery and runs Android 7.0 with 4GB of RAM), the app loads and goes through everything except when I ask it to View Camera after connecting to the drone.  It doesn't help that I've had to use multiple different USB cables to try and get it working, but hopefully they all aren't charge only cables.  When attempting to View Camera without it being connected (which works just fine on my Note10+ to adjust camera settings and other safety features), I still get the force close from the app, so I'm thinking it isn't an issue with the cables as much as it is something the phone or app doesn't like.

I have tried wiping the app data and cache for it, and also reinstalling the app itself, no luck at all.  The Doogee would work so much better for use in the controller than my overly large Samsung, but if I can't get it to work, I don't have much of an option at this point.  Has anyone else experienced this and solved it?  Does DJI have any input as to what I need to do to get it working?  Thanks in advance!
2019-11-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, I am sorry for the trouble that the DJI Fly has caused. Thank you for the information that you have provided. As of the moment the Samsung S10+ is not  yet tested to work properly with the DJI Mavic Mini and with the DJI Fly application. On the other with regards to the Doogee mobile device. There is a possibility that the Doogee device will be able to work on the DJI Mavic MIni and with the DJI Fly application. However, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI Mavic Mini. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic Mini. Thank you for your understanding and support.

2019-11-12
Use props
djiuser_f1qEQatHsKbC
lvl.1

Portugal

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-12 15:59
Hi, I am sorry for the trouble that the DJI Fly has caused. Thank you for the information that you have provided. As of the moment the Samsung S10+ is not  yet tested to work properly with the DJI Mavic Mini and with the DJI Fly application. On the other with regards to the Doogee mobile device. There is a possibility that the Doogee device will be able to work on the DJI Mavic MIni and with the DJI Fly application. However, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI Mavic Mini. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic Mini. Thank you for your understanding and support.

[view_image]

I have a similar situation - I have 2 phones, a Moto G 5 Plus and a Guophone 6800. The Fly app won't install on the Moto G, and crashes on the Guophone. I don't want to spend another €200 or so on a phone - I'd prefer to return the drone until such time as the drone works with the phones I have. I don't think this is unreasonable since DJI did not make it clear that the Mini only works with a limited set of phones. Should I just contact my retailer to do the return?
2019-11-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_f1qEQatHsKbC Posted at 11-14 15:34
I have a similar situation - I have 2 phones, a Moto G 5 Plus and a Guophone 6800. The Fly app won't install on the Moto G, and crashes on the Guophone. I don't want to spend another €200 or so on a phone - I'd prefer to return the drone until such time as the drone works with the phones I have. I don't think this is unreasonable since DJI did not make it clear that the Mini only works with a limited set of phones. Should I just contact my retailer to do the return?

Hi. Thank you for your respond, I am sorry for the trouble, With regard the compatibility issue with Moto G 5 Plus, Guophone 6800 they are not yet tested to work with the DJI Fly however rest assured that we are still conducting test for multiple devices to be added on the compatible device list for the DJI Mavic Mini. Thank you for your understanding.
2019-11-14
Use props
Bogarncz
lvl.1
Czechia

I wanted to buy some cheap phone to go along with the controller, this bugs me that I might buy a phone that won't work with it.
2019-11-19
Use props
djiuser_hSzKC1McIHUb
New

Lithuania

It doesn't work with my Samsung S10+. App keeps crashing. And it is really bad because I've missed all holiday shots. And the purpose of buying it was holiday shots.
What now should I do. I'm not going to buy new phone because the company can't figure out what to do with the app so it could work with s10+.
At the beginning it worked but right before new year it started to crash. I even reset my phone. But it didn't helped. What to do?
2020-1-2
Use props
Kakemanx
lvl.1

Norway

Same here... it was working early december on my galaxy s10+ (android 10), now it is force closing every time.. i have tried reinstalling and empty data buffer...
NOT WORKING!!... DJI You need to fix this!!.. i'm leving for Canada in 14 days, and this drone was bought for this reason alone!!!
2020-1-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Kakemanx Posted at 1-4 21:01
Same here... it was working early december on my galaxy s10+ (android 10), now it is force closing every time.. i have tried reinstalling and empty data buffer...
NOT WORKING!!... DJI You need to fix this!!.. i'm leving for Canada in 14 days, and this drone was bought for this reason alone!!!

We apologize for any inconvenience caused. For phones with an Exynos processor developed by Samsung, the DJI Fly app cannot be run normally. This issue is caused by the incompatibility between the DJI Fly app and the Android 10 operating system run by the Samsung S10+ (Exynos). We have already worked on this issue with Samsung, and have figured out the cause of this issue. We will fix this issue in late January. Appreciate your patience.
2020-1-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_hSzKC1McIHUb Posted at 1-2 14:10
It doesn't work with my Samsung S10+. App keeps crashing. And it is really bad because I've missed all holiday shots. And the purpose of buying it was holiday shots.
What now should I do. I'm not going to buy new phone because the company can't figure out what to do with the app so it could work with s10+.
At the beginning it worked but right before new year it started to crash. I even reset my phone. But it didn't helped. What to do?

Sorry for the inconvenience caused, please refer to my post in 8#, we will get it solved in late January, appreciate your patience.
2020-1-5
Use props
assorium
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33730 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Fix ASAP. Can't use a drone on my Galaxy Note 10+. Wth, I bought peace of crap that can't fly. And why did you make another app? What was wrong with Go app?
2020-1-6
Use props
djiuser_bR28iOq6CA47
Flight distance : 167726 ft
Ukraine

assorium Posted at 1-6 08:11
Fix ASAP. Can't use a drone on my Galaxy Note 10+. Wth, I bought peace of crap that can't fly. And why did you make another app? What was wrong with Go app?

Try now.

Launched the app successfully today with my S10+ Exynos. Also tried to fly the Mavic Mini. Successfull. Still a little bit scary that there may some issues though.

Waiting for DJI to post some official update.
2020-1-8
Use props
djiuser_hSzKC1McIHUb
New

Lithuania

Nope. Samsung S10+ still no work.
2020-1-13
Use props
blameonyou
New
Germany

hey, i bought a phone ZTE Blade A602 for my Mavic Air and use it with DJI Go app without problems. Now, i have the Mavic Mini and the software is incompatible and i need a new phone? Why. I am disappointed with the software. The software works on my LG V30 with Lineageos 16. On my Sony Xperia X Compact its installed, but the USB pluged in and the phone show me the USB on, off, on, off, on ,off and so on....
My LG is my daily driver, therefore i bought the ZTE... Why cannot use DJI Go App? Whats the matter with the DJI Software engineers?
2020-1-20
Use props
Espace2020
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11119 ft
Switzerland

hello everyone;)

DJi Fly App

Indeed from the purchase of the product I also noted these "concerns" of compatibility under Android
What and surprising that other applications that you have developed (or another competitor) install and work even on an "old Galaxy S5" for example.
How long will users have to wait to at least hope to use an "old" Smartphone?
Honestly I wonder if I will not return this drone (within 30 days) ... which however is stable in flight gives a good FHD Image

If it is necessary to invest in a recent and dedicated "expensive" smarphone only to use this drone? It is not fun. I say that because if the smarphone must be charged to 100% before taking off, it is better because the remote control recharges it during the flight and consequently the autonomy of the whole degrades relatively quickly ...
I think you should understand why your other apps work better compared to Dji Fly App

Sincerely
JFR;)
2020-2-19
Use props
djiuser_Dj8CPLgjYh4U
lvl.1
Flight distance : 208100 ft
Malaysia

my google pixel 2 dji fly apps for mavic mini can't be use..always crash everytime i try to connect with the drone..what should i do?
2020-6-14
Use props
Umar6
New

Indonesia

Same me too.. After a few weeks not in use mavic mini I can not use, because dji app can not be used force close.. Please give instructions to fix it... Thank
2021-3-19
Use props
Umar6
New

Indonesia

Same I also experienced the same thing.. Dji app cannot be used.. Force close
2021-3-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules