controller gets discharged by android smartphone
1821 12 2019-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
newi77
lvl.2

Hi,

i read that the controller gets discharged by (every?) android smartphone ?
@DJI Support - is that an intended behavior ?
How long lasts the battery of the controller when it get discharged by the smartphone ?

seems there is no workaround / solution since months / years(?) for this behavior

it doesn't make a lot a sense to have 3-4 batterys for the drone and after 2 the controller is empty ..

Thanks
regards
2019-11-13
Use props
BobB
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

yup it's android
2019-11-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United States

The controller automatically charges the phone when you use Android,  on  iphone you can turn this off as the hardware is better.
2019-11-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your feeback .It was related the android system and hardware.The Android phone needs on-going 500mA to maintain the USB connection, so there is no option for the Android device to disable the Charging mode. Hope that this would clarify your query.
2019-11-13
Use props
hedac
lvl.4
Spain

Very sad. I was thinking to buy the Mavic mini. But I already experienced this issue with the osmo pocket, which kills the battery super fast.
2019-11-13
Use props
newi77
lvl.2

Austria

hedac Posted at 11-13 08:51
Very sad. I was thinking to buy the Mavic mini. But I already experienced this issue with the osmo pocket, which kills the battery super fast.

but the problem should have all vendors ? (.. if you have to use the smartphone as screen)
2019-11-13
Use props
Bob-Mavic Pro Platinum
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Sure something you have to give thought about when buying Phone or Tablet.  The damned hard part is - just how the hell do you find out if a certain device will discharge your Aircraft Remote Controller - BEFORE - you make the purchase?  The listing Dji Moderators come up with now and then,  helps somewhat, but to my knowledge, is not updated on a regular basis. I do think that would be a nice feature for this forum.  We shall see.
2019-11-13
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nothing new about this Android quirk, it's the operating software by Google. Plenty of advice how to mitigate about this, fully charge your phone before flying, you should then be able to fly 3 batteries with ease.
2019-11-13
Use props
Ron V
New
Flight distance : 142549 ft
Netherlands

I use now for 2 years a Mavic Pro and the controller together with a Sony Xperia smartphone or Medion tablet.
indeed the red charging light in the phone or tablet lights.
I can use the controller for more than 2 hours , so the charging gives me no problem in use.

2019-11-21
Use props
MatthewW28
lvl.3
Flight distance : 11460925 ft
United States

Yep, listed time for Android is I think 1.5 hours on the spec page while it is 4 hours for iPhone.
2019-11-21
Use props
djiuser_GoFYHdDaJh8U
lvl.1
United States

I believe you can change the settings of the battery mode on androids to save more battery with the power mode to either high performance, optimized, medium power and maximum power save.  I havent got my MM yet so i havent check out all the modes yet.  This is on a samsung note 8.
2019-11-22
Use props
Juju2b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 94150 ft
France

Having the same problem here... that's so fuc... up !! how come a brand new drone from one of the leader in the drone market can still have this kind of problem not fixed.
it's my very first drone and it doesn't show a very good feeling of quality so far. (having also a battery dead after firmware update error code 30074...)
2019-11-22
Use props
Juju2b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 94150 ft
France

Having the same problem here... that's so fuc... up !! how come a brand new drone from one of the leader in the drone market can still have this kind of problem not fixed.
it's my very first drone and it doesn't show a very good feeling of quality so far. (having also a battery dead after firmware update error code 30074...)
2019-11-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules