10694 62 2019-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

To any moderator who drops in here, could you please forward the information from this thread to the appropriate department at dji, and if you could please find out fo us if dji will be releasing SDK for Mavic Mini Soon. Look forward to hearing from you and  Thank you from all here on this thread.

The mavic mini would be a great option for use with litchi, 1 I think litchi May be able to add Active Track and two the long battery life is very conjusive to litchi mission flying, I emailed litchi and they haven't had access to SDK for Mavic Mini yet from dji, but if they do they will make it compatible, so just post here if you would like the litchi option and hopefully dji will release the necessary to make it happen .

A74B6F7F-68A0-4A32-922E-2A47414F8754.jpeg
655F62F0-8461-4730-A351-261F58741D49.jpeg
2019-11-13
Use props
BobB
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

ya they don't know what DJI is thinking. If they don't soon we will get hit with a bunch of threads asking why DJI won't release the info and threats etc
2019-11-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United States

BobB Posted at 11-13 05:36
ya they don't know what DJI is thinking. If they don't soon we will get hit with a bunch of threads asking why DJI won't release the info and threats etc

I wonder if DJI moderators here know if they will release an SDK for it?
2019-11-13
Use props
davidms
lvl.4
Flight distance : 428186 ft
Canada

Would love to use litchi with the mini! I use it on my mavic pro and it’s a life saver!  
2019-11-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing this information with our valued DJI Forum members. For a friendly reminder, we always recommend using our official app as using third-party software may affect the warranty of your unit.  Thank you for understanding.
2019-11-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

davidms Posted at 11-13 06:16
Would love to use litchi with the mini! I use it on my mavic pro and it’s a life saver!

Litchi would be great with MM.
2019-11-13
Use props
dok
lvl.1

Germany

dEar DJI, if your apps do not work for us I AM WILLING TO LOOSE ANY WARRANTY to make your wunderfull products as good as they can be. For me it´s only about using VR-goggle-flying  (which litchi offers ) that I have done before buying goggles for my mavic platinium which are so impressive that I do NOT wanna fly any other than that with any of your devices. but as long as you do not offer/announce the connectivity inbetween mavic mini and your superp goggles buying the mavic mini will become an option if litchi with its VR-option is available...
AND ANOTHER TIME me and probably a whole bunch of enthusiasts like me (we love your drones , as they offer stuff u won´t find anywhere else) know that your products are reliable BUT WE -like you- WANT TO MAKE THE BEST OUT OF IT and do NOT CARE ABOUT LOOSING WARRANTY.... but it´s also crystalsky...sorry crystal clear that we would appreciate to get everything from you....
thank you for your understanding and time to read all that posts here
2019-11-13
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi, for a friendly reminder, please release the MM SDK.  Thank you kindly.
2019-11-13
Use props
Euande
lvl.2
Australia

I'll add my request here too. Please release support for the Mini in the SDK.

The SDK has enabled a whole eco-system of useful extra functionality for DJI's products. Leaving the Mini out in the cold would really reduce it's usefulness and would fragment DJI's product lineup. This is especially true as the Mini is branded as a "Mavic" device.
2019-11-16
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Me also I would love to be able to use Litchi with my Mavic Mini
2019-11-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Interesting.
So DJI still needs to add the mini in the dev kit.
2019-11-17
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

+1 for that
2019-11-18
Use props
Juliflash
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2923 ft

Spain

Yes please release SDK so users can unlock full potential.
2019-11-18
Use props
sonique6784
lvl.2
Flight distance : 63314 ft
Australia

Developer SDK for 3rd-party is a must for Mavic Mini. the Official software is a bit limited, specially missing Active Track.
Which I don't understand given you can do spiral, orbit etc, which uses active track technology.
2019-11-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

sonique6784 Posted at 11-18 03:40
Developer SDK for 3rd-party is a must for Mavic Mini. the Official software is a bit limited, specially missing Active Track.
Which I don't understand given you can do spiral, orbit etc, which uses active track technology.

With the SDK this would be great for mapping flights too.
2019-11-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

sonique6784 Posted at 11-18 03:40

Not knowing how the system works, I’m not sure if AT can be made available (maybe a Christmas present lol) but litchi have been known to introduce similar to other craft when it wasn’t available on dji go 4 , so who knows maybe AT and waypoint missions with litchi .
2019-11-18
Use props
Lifescanner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3091 ft
Germany

If DJI makes it possible and the Mini works with Litchi, this is for me a reason to buy the little Drone.
+1 for Mini SDK.
2019-11-20
Use props
JohnK48
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311020 ft
United States

SDK for mini sounds like a good idea. I would even be interested in it myself. +1.
2019-11-20
Use props
fans370c26fa
lvl.3
Flight distance : 88629 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was able to get live video feed from Mavic Mini in my custom app. I just unboxed and activated it using DJI fly and using MSDK for iOS I got it to work. A few minutes later when I switched back to DJI fly it locked the drone as it discovered a fw release and since then SDK is broken and the drone shows up as phantom professional in the SDK. If there’s a way to downgrade the fw, I can try the SDK again. Hope someone finds this useful
2019-11-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fans370c26fa Posted at 11-21 06:40
I was able to get live video feed from Mavic Mini in my custom app. I just unboxed and activated it using DJI fly and using MSDK for iOS I got it to work. A few minutes later when I switched back to DJI fly it locked the drone as it discovered a fw release and since then SDK is broken and the drone shows up as phantom professional in the SDK. If there’s a way to downgrade the fw, I can try the SDK again. Hope someone finds this useful

Can it be downgraded on dji assistant, I’m not sure if it’s available on assistant yet, you should be able to do a factory reset .
2019-11-21
Use props
fans370c26fa
lvl.3
Flight distance : 88629 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-21 06:54
Can it be downgraded on dji assistant, I’m not sure if it’s available on assistant yet, you should be able to do a factory reset .

Already tried that, no go
2019-11-21
Use props
Blithe74
lvl.3
Flight distance : 254367 ft
Russia

DJI Tony Posted at 11-13 08:25
Hi, thanks for sharing this information with our valued DJI Forum members. For a friendly reminder, we always recommend using our official app as using third-party software may affect the warranty of your unit.  Thank you for understanding.

Hi!
Thank you for responding. But DJI themselves make sure people look for third-party apps. You have deliberately disabled the functions Active track, flight on points, gestures, etc. Mavic Mini and its computing power allow to do it. I agree that a drone without sensors can crash into an obstacle and fall. Who prevents you from writing a warning "do not fly in the forest, but fly in open areas" and declare a waiver of responsibility. Who need, he without these functions will be able to break the drone.
2019-11-22
Use props
sonique6784
lvl.2
Australia

Blithe74 Posted at 11-22 00:17
Hi!
Thank you for responding. But DJI themselves make sure people look for third-party apps. You have deliberately disabled the functions Active track, flight on points, gestures, etc. Mavic Mini and its computing power allow to do it. I agree that a drone without sensors can crash into an obstacle and fall. Who prevents you from writing a warning "do not fly in the forest, but fly in open areas" and declare a waiver of responsibility. Who need, he without these functions will be able to break the drone.

Agree with you. It feels like DJI didn't include AT because of obstacles avoidance missing. However, I don't think it's much safer with Orbit, Dronies...
To me it's more to create some sort of separation within DJI models (ie: if you want AT you have to pay a higher price tag)
2019-11-30
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

We need SDK specially for missions.
2019-12-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

InspektorGadjet Posted at 12-1 04:54
We need SDK specially for missions.

I think the more we pester the better chance we can get dji to release sdk.
2019-12-1
Use props
BobB
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

We want the SDK. We want the SDK. We want the SDK. We want the SDK. We want the SDK. We want the SDK. We want the SDK. We want the SDK. We want the SDK. We want the SDK. We want the SDK. We want the SDK. We want the SDK. We want the SDK.

I'm not so sure this will help to tell you the truth.
2019-12-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

BobB Posted at 12-1 06:05
We want the SDK. We want the SDK. We want the SDK. We want the SDK. We want the SDK. We want the SDK. We want the SDK. We want the SDK. We want the SDK. We want the SDK. We want the SDK. We want the SDK. We want the SDK. We want the SDK.

I'm not so sure this will help to tell you the truth.

Might be overkill
2019-12-1
Use props
lifeisfun
lvl.4
Canada

I disagree
WE WANT SDK
2019-12-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

lifeisfun Posted at 12-1 07:42
I disagree
WE WANT SDK

Yes now maybe a moderator may come here and tell us that will relay our thoughts to dji engineering or whom ever decides to release SDK.
Maybe I should change heading from time to time to try get their attention, I’ll do that .
2019-12-1
Use props
sonique6784
lvl.2
Australia

This thread is asking the question directly: https://forum.dji.com/thread-202650-1-1.html
2019-12-3
Use props
Blithe74
lvl.3
Flight distance : 254367 ft
Russia

sonique6784 Posted at 12-3 03:31
This thread is asking the question directly: https://forum.dji.com/thread-202650-1-1.html

We want the SDK. We want the SDK. We want the SDK. We want the SDK. We want the SDK. We want the SDK. We want the SDK. We want the SDK. We want the SDK. We want the SDK. We want the SDK. We want the SDK. We want the SDK. We want the SDK         Tooo!   
2019-12-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Sooooooonnnnnnnn,
2019-12-7
Use props
Padme
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35384 ft
Hungary

"We always recommend that you use our official application as a friendly reminder as the use of third-party software may affect the warranty of this unit."

The Litchi using the Dji Go. Litchi doesn't work without Dji GO. So we don't actually use the Dji drone without the Dji application. Because we wouldn't know... (Sorry for my bad english)
I have many friends who do not buy Dji Mavic mini because there is no Litchi support. They are not going to buy more expensive drone. I hope I was quite clear. ;). Have a good flying!

2019-12-8
Use props
dvr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 207579 ft
India

For a noob, can someone explain what the Litchi app adds with regard to functionality?
2019-12-9
Use props
fans1646dc8a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3179 ft
United States

We want the SDK.
2019-12-9
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

dvr Posted at 12-9 06:00
For a noob, can someone explain what the Litchi app adds with regard to functionality?

Basically allows things like flight plans, you can say in the map, go from point A to point B or a more elaborate route.
You can also "scan" areas, you set up the perimeter of lat say a plot of land, and a route is calculated like a grid, so the drone flies by himslelf taking pictures that you can then stich to create a super high resolution image.
Other things that can be done are 360 panoramas, AEB where drone takes several pictures withdifferent exposures and then you merge them for a HDR image.
List goes on but you get the idea.
2019-12-10
Use props
djiuser_1lSxe7dOjQKC
New

Canada

We Definitely Need the SDK. !!

The functionality is so much greater with the SDK.   Like all th4e posts have said.   Litchi. VR goggles.  External displays.
2019-12-10
Use props
djiuser_1lSxe7dOjQKC
New

Canada

InspektorGadjet Posted at 12-10 03:15
Basically allows things like flight plans, you can say in the map, go from point A to point B or a more elaborate route.
You can also "scan" areas, you set up the perimeter of lat say a plot of land, and a route is calculated like a grid, so the drone flies by himslelf taking pictures that you can then stich to create a super high resolution image.
Other things that can be done are 360 panoramas, AEB where drone takes several pictures withdifferent exposures and then you merge them for a HDR image.

Search for the flylitchi site, all those are flights done with litchi
2019-12-10
Use props
mwinschel
New
United States

DJI please release what is needed for Litchi to be incorporated.  This is my second drone purchased from you (previously  phantom 3 pro) and I fly missions almost exclusively because they can do it much better than I can.  So excited to have a drone I dont need a suitcase to travel with....I cant wait to get out and fly it more....need support for SDK though.   You will sell so many more .
2019-12-11
Use props
djiuser_rndFyoAavbC7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 532028 ft
United Kingdom

Please release the sdk
2019-12-13
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now