Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI fly app not installing
12Next >
35360 55 2019-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
emaneg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1591 ft
Italy

Dear Sirs, I've just bought a Mavic Mini and nI've tried to install the Fly app on my samsung cell phone (Android 7.0)
What should I do? Any new release of the app?
Thanks
2019-11-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. We highly recommend using the application with our compatible devices to prevent problem when downloading, as well as to ensure the stability of the app. Please refer to the screenshot below for recommended devices. Thank you for your support.

2019-11-13
Use props
emaneg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1591 ft
Italy

Thanks. You understand I'm not going to buy a new cell phone just to fly your drone. Have you any plan to extend the compatibility to other cell phone models, or should I give back my mavic mini drone to the seller and ask to be refunded?
2019-11-13
Use props
SupCarlos
First Officer
Flight distance : 1454193 ft
  • >>>
United States

Refund!!!!!
2019-11-13
Use props
JaydenB
New
Malta

I have the same problem, hope they update their supported devices, I have Xiaomi Redmi S2.
2019-11-13
Use props
Alamoflyer
lvl.1

United States

JaydenB Posted at 11-13 12:45
I have the same problem, hope they update their supported devices, I have Xiaomi Redmi S2.

Maybe an Android 9 bug? I have LG Xpression Plus 2  - Android 9, ARM 8 core cpu. App not installed error.

I like how the advanced technology of Google's android gives us nice detailed errors to help fix the problem (Sarcasm cause it's 2019.. it's Android 9 and its been so dumbed down it can't give me an error code or message).
2019-11-15
Use props
rickthephotog
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 11-13 08:15
Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. We highly recommend using the application with our compatible devices to prevent problem when downloading, as well as to ensure the stability of the app. Please refer to the screenshot below for recommended devices. Thank you for your support.

[view_image]

I have the same problem and my phone IS on the list of devices. I have an S7.
2019-11-30
Use props
rickthephotog
lvl.1
United States

Alamoflyer Posted at 11-15 14:40
Maybe an Android 9 bug? I have LG Xpression Plus 2  - Android 9, ARM 8 core cpu. App not installed error.

I like how the advanced technology of Google's android gives us nice detailed errors to help fix the problem (Sarcasm cause it's 2019.. it's Android 9 and its been so dumbed down it can't give me an error code or message).

Not to mention that the app is not in the app store, needs to be downloaded from somewhere else, manually installed, and security turned off on the phone so it will install. I'm sure that the error is because the install procedure is sketchy and conflicting with Android 9 security.
2019-11-30
Use props
P4P+
lvl.4
United States

Same. I just ordered the Mini. I tried installing the DJI Fly app and got the 'Your device isn't compatible with this version' message. I think I still have time to cancel my order.

Update: Oh I am so glad I tried installing the software before receiving the Mini. The cancelation went through.

2019-12-1
Use props
Jadee Borinaga
New

Philippines

I just bought a new android phone Huawei Y6 Pro 2019 because it is cheap and will be use  only for Mavic mini... But the problem is I cannot install the app.. The phone is on android 9.. I tried installing it on other android phone with android 6 and 7 and still the same..... I feel it is just a waste of money buying the mini.... Please DJI fix this problem I will not buy an expensive phone just for your cheap drone.....
2019-12-29
Use props
djiuser_kGTtPkgkqBXa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 78799 ft
United States

Dji fly app also can not install on both of my Samsung Galaxy A10e and Motorola g6 play....just hopping dji will help fix issue sooner
2020-1-4
Use props
djiuser_HBBiMs8o3Y2b
New
Flight distance : 574 ft
Norway

DJI Tony Posted at 2019-11-13 08:15

[view_image]

I own the first telephone on the Android list. Samsung S10+ And it won't let me install the Fly app as it shuld. When can I expect to fly my now 2 month old drone??
2020-1-7
Use props
djiuser_HBBiMs8o3Y2b
New
Flight distance : 574 ft
Norway

I am still waiting to fly my drone. Dji Mavic Mini. I really don't understand how a brand new telephone, Samsung S10+  won't work against a brand new drone. Can you please give me an expectation on when it will work? All I been getting is sorry and look into the page from time to time. I'm not trying to be rude or anything. But, you are a big company, and I'm sure you have some control over your different divisions. Time schedules and such. Are we talking about months?
2020-1-7
Use props
djiuser_K0SAwP18NQ85
New

Canada

[view_image]
So what can I do with my brand new mavic mini that I can't fly because I don't have a compatible phone? Can I return it to you, because the store I bought it from won't take the return? Or am I out $500?
2020-2-5
Use props
fans3078e08b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3885 ft
Netherlands

This is soooo bad. All my DJI drones so far worked with my NVIDIA SHIELD K1 Android 7.
Now I wanted the DJI MINI for a nice price, BUT I HAVE TO BUY A NEW PHONE/TABLET TOO!!
Come on, no way, no business DJI.
PLAESE make an app that is as good as and compatible as the GO4.
The bad compatibility will cost you many customers and I wait / cancel before buying the Mini.
Hopeful many other companies will jump in the <250 gram drone market.

Get to work DJI. This is just stupid, sorry.

And don't bother me with technical excuses, of course it can work on a little bit older devices.

Gosh, glad I first tried installing the app before ordering. No money wasted.
I really do have some hope DJI comes to it's senses, I like their drones ... once the software works.
2020-2-11
Use props
djiuser_h2wEPFv5G2Gr
lvl.1
Canada

I also am having issues. Not with the app not installing, but it won't update to the latest version 1.08. It's stuck at 1.03, and says I'm up to date when I check for updates in the app.
I am running a new Samsung A70. I upgraded just recently, and am not in a position, or wanting to keep buying a new phone just to update. Seems to operate ok, cept for the updating.
Would be nice if you could show include this Android device/phone.
Thanks
2020-4-16
Use props
SouleQ
New

South Africa

RETURNING THE DRONE SORRY
2020-6-22
Use props
new user2
lvl.1

United States

[view_image]

this is so damn Unaceptable.  I have a samsung tablet best buy sold me that I cant use because the cables are too short.  An LG the cables are too short and My A10 samsung phone wont install the app.  I just wanted to use the drone. even bought a new tablet for it.  what a waste of a day and sooo disappointing.  Now I have to go beg for my money back
2020-9-6
Use props
JonPierre
New

United States

An Android Samsung 11 same problem can't install dji fly app
2020-12-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

JonPierre Posted at 12-14 16:06
An Android Samsung 11 same problem can't install dji fly app

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please refer to the DJI Fly app product page for information regarding compatibility with specific devices: https://www.dji.com/dji-fly, to ensure stability and compatibility, it is recommended to try the mobile device on the list, thanks.
2020-12-14
Use props
Mr.Bean
New

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-14 19:00
Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please refer to the DJI Fly app product page for information regarding compatibility with specific devices: https://www.dji.com/dji-fly, to ensure stability and compatibility, it is recommended to try the mobile device on the list, thanks.

And I have a J7.

Sooo, Had to return the Drone.

You people need to get your stuff in order.
2020-12-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Mr.Bean Posted at 12-25 13:34
And I have a J7.

Sooo, Had to return the Drone.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. To ensure stability and compatibility, it is recommended to try the mobile device on the list. By the way, we'll also forward your request to the corresponding team, and support for additional devices available as testing and development continues. Thanks for your kind understanding.
2020-12-28
Use props
Bobs DJ1 drone
New

United Kingdom

[view_image]

Hi Joe I have a Honor pro only 12 months old but I cant fully download DJ1 Fly app and also firmwaredownloading logo just keeps revolving for hours with completiting any advice or help as I have bought a new DJ1 mavic mini and cant wait to fly this little beauty :-)
2021-1-10
Use props
djiuser_HdcWep5wxXYi
New

United States

Same thing with me. I ordered a mini 2 and I either have to return it or buy a new phone, which I don't want to do. All the other dji software works on my S5. Could you guys at dji put this a little higher on your priority list? Thanks.
2021-1-27
Use props
gstudio
lvl.1
Flight distance : 165528 ft
Italy

I am embarrassed for DJI, it is unacceptable behavior for an important company.
I bought the Mini seven months ago and to date my Xiaomi Mi9 does not appear in compatible devices. But where has it ever been seen that an app is designed to support only a few devices? It is incomprehensible! Furthermore, the Mi8, the Mi10, the Mi9T seem to be supported. What has the Mi9 that doesn't suit you? It's a top series smarthphone like Mi8 and Mi10, it's not a Lite version.

I find even the support answers to these issues are embarrassing, there is no justification for having a list of compatible devices. It's accettable for old smartphone or low perfomance hardware, but not for a top series.

I have the DJI Go4 because I also use the Spark. I tryied also to install the DJI Fly from the PlayStore but it tells me that it is already installed (but is the DJI Go4 is installed, not DJI Fly). If I try to install the APK it fails, I don't know if it's the DJI Go4 installed the problem (it could be) or for the incompatibility.

I'm not a programmer and I don't have to worry about it, it's a problem that DJI has to worry about because I bought the Mavic Mini, paid for it, and trusted a company that more than a year after the launch of the Mini  is not clear why it does not solve all these problems, why does not eliminate all the restrictions imposed on this drone.

You must have respect for your customers, all the people who contribute to keeping the company alive with their purchases.

It is shameful to hide behind a list of compatible devices without trying to solve the reported problems. But do you think a person buys a new smartphone because the DJI Fly is not compatible? Honestly, I would like an honest answer .....

I can fly with the MINI thanks to an alternative app, but obviously with limited functions.
I am very disappointed with DJI.

I bought a Spark and then the Mini, but given the way things are going, I will no longer buy DJI products and I invite other users to follow the advice.

2021-1-28
Use props
nutz245gmail.com
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44688 ft
United States

[view_image]

Today (3-27-21) I tried to install the DJI Fly app on my Samsung A11 and it will not install.  This is completely unacceptable, DJI!  You really need to get your shYt together!
2021-3-27
Use props
Fburke
lvl.1
United States

DJI fLY APP WILL NOT INSTALL

I just bought the DJI Mini 2 after not being able to update my Mavic Pro. Now I can't get the DJI fly to install on my NEW table. I had a piece of junk Amazon Fire that would not let you install any apps except for the Amazon store apps. So now, I have a tablet with Android 10 GO and it will not install the DJI fly app. DJI this is unacceptable. I starting to think people might starting looking for a different company when wanting to purchase a drone.  I have a couple of threads on my updating issues with my Mavic Pro and no response but send it to us if we can't fix it but it to a new one.

2021-3-28
Use props
Doug Casada-photography
New

United States

rickthephotog Posted at 2019-11-30 12:47
I have the same problem and my phone IS on the list of devices. I have an S7.

So is there a fix for this problem? I notice there was no reply to this post. I'm also having trouble with not being able to install the app, and I'm also using a Samsung S7, which IS on the list of approved devices.  So, what gives? DJI, how do I fly your drone?
2021-4-13
Use props
fegato
lvl.1
Flight distance : 251886 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I have a Galaxy S8 Active, it's the SAME phone as Galaxy S8, just a bit better, it doesn't make any sense that the app refuses to install...
2021-4-27
Use props
MoTv
New

Italy

I bought the drone, and today i realize that my phone is not compatible.

THIS IS A S**IT TREATMENT FROM DJI TO THE USERS, I AM OBBLIGATED TO CHOOSE A DEVICE FROM THEIR LIST OR IT WILL NOT WORK.

TOMORROW I WILL RETURN THE DRONE BACK AND TAKE MY MONEY BACK.
2021-5-4
Use props
roncoinc
lvl.1

United States

dammit !!  spend a thousand dollars on a toy and now havta spend another $1K  for a phone to use it  !!  ??
2021-5-5
Use props
djiuser_NKxzSlyxSLN2
New

United States

Hope they Expand their Compatibility, I have a Samsung Galaxy A20. Dissapointed.
2021-5-15
Use props
djiuser_mEI4Ty2ZTpx0
New

United States

[view_image]

I am using android 10 on my phone and it won't download I don't want to but I new phone it's the Samsung galaxy ao1
2021-5-18
Use props
djiuser_mEI4Ty2ZTpx0
New

United States

[view_image]

I am using android 10 on my phone and it won't download I don't want to but I new phone it's the Samsung galaxy ao1
2021-5-18
Use props
vadimbo
lvl.1

Finland

So I bought recently a Mini 2 and I installed the DJI Fly App successfully on my Samsung S8 (compatible device). Of course, I had to enable the installation of the app from other sources (other than Play Store, why it's not on the play store btw?).  

Anyway, now, when I start the DJI Fly App, it tells me that there is a new software update and offers to download it. After downloading and pressing the Install button, it ends up saying: App not installed.

And then every time I start the DJI Fly App it offers again and again to update the software? Why is that?  Now the Samsung S8 is not compatible anymore?
2021-5-25
Use props
vadimbo
lvl.1

Finland

..... posted twice by mistake....
2021-5-25
Use props
Matt McGyver
New

Canada

It is now July 2021 and this still isn't fixed.
I have to shut my security settings off and download from a separate source, the app isn't even in the Play store yet?
This is unacceptable for a company that relies on smart phones to pilot their drones propertly
2021-7-29
Use props
Christopher Micah Gowing
New

United Kingdom

Matt McGyver Posted at 7-29 09:50
It is now July 2021 and this still isn't fixed.
I have to shut my security settings off and download from a separate source, the app isn't even in the Play store yet?
This is unacceptable for a company that relies on smart phones to pilot their drones propertly

I purchases dji mino 2....app wont download so have taken it back and got a refund quicker than i got it. Will never buy their product again after all the hassel its caused.....dont buy the dji until you have the Dji fly app....or it wont work
2021-8-6
Use props
djiuser_uIy9R0PmuNUX
New

United States

I just received my DJI mini SE and cannot download the app on my phone and then in trying to figure out how to get to work find this thread and realize I'm out $500 drone that I'll never be able to fly because it seems to me even people with compatible phones and people that buy tablets that are on the list have no luck in getting the app to download. I wonder if there is a way to sue for a scam like this because I have an Android 10 system and it won't work
2021-9-13
Use props
djiuser_uIy9R0PmuNUX
New

United States

I'm reading through comments for years!! What is the deal ??
2021-9-13
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules