Mavic Air - Sealed in Box - Filled with Junk - The Perfect Crime?
1648 10 2019-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans80dd7017
lvl.1
United States

Hello,

I received a Mavic Air today from Vertigo Drones. The exterior packaging was secure and intact. The plastic wrap was intact and the seal was unbroken on the box top.
When I opened the box, I found a shirt, a sweater and a T-shirt ( all SM - I am XXL) with two  blown Pahntom 4 batteries wrapped in the T-shirt.

Needless to say I was shocked and perturbed. Mostly perpexed at how someone could pull off an undetctable crime like this.

I have contacted Vrtigo with the details including a video and lots and lots of photos.

My question is: Could you please check the serial number please to see if someone had previously registered the drone or if it was stolen in packing or shipping and the crooks put materials inside that weighed the same amounty as the Mavic Air.

The serial number on the box is OK1UF6200E002D .

Thank you. I had ordered another drone from Vertiigo 8 weeks ago, paid for it and they were unable to fill the order. They coinvinced me to accpet the Mavic Air as a substitute. Something appears to be rotten in Denmark.
2019-11-13
Use props
fans80dd7017
lvl.1
United States

Sorry for the typos. Thge system prevents edits after 2 minutes.
2019-11-13
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

That's terrible, the moderator could help you with the serial number check.
2019-11-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Darn.
That is not nice.
Thanks for the tip!
And hope you get it sorted out.
2019-11-14
Use props
fans80dd7017
lvl.1
United States

So far no word from the moderator or anyone at DJI. I am working with vertigo to get to the bottom of it now. They are being terrific by the way.

Thank you for all your kind comments. I appreciate it
2019-11-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

fans80dd7017 Posted at 11-14 10:39
So far no word from the moderator or anyone at DJI. I am working with vertigo to get to the bottom of it now. They are being terrific by the way.

Thank you for all your kind comments. I appreciate it

My pleasure!
2019-11-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we are terribly sorry to hear your experience, upon checking the serial number you provided, if you change the first letter to the number 0, it has been activated a week ago.
Please confirm with your seller of what happened and ask for the replacement, if there is anything we can help you, please let us know.
2019-11-15
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

So, if your dealer takes this info "it has been activated a week ago" from here, or even tries to confirm that with DJI Europe, that lets you "of the hook", at least.
And they may have a customer, who did order it and also did send it back, last week!
On top, that person needs to have a Phantom, huu?

Oh:
To "The Perfect Crime?"

Without activating it, perhaps!

2019-11-15
Use props
Zubayer.Khan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 770272 ft
Bangladesh

this is pathetic, this should not be
2019-11-18
Use props
Tye
lvl.1

United States

This is terrible...I guess the dealer looked at the seal on the returned box and thought it was good. These thiefs are getting good at the deception. Hopefully this individual will be caught by the dealer....
2019-11-19
Use props
Dorset_Horn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 93379 ft
United Kingdom

Any update on this?
2019-12-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules