Dji digital FPV Googles AV-IN issues
18570 20 2019-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Marc Schneider
lvl.1

Germany

Hi Community,

I'm getting really frustrated - the last weeks I have tested various AV receivers without success.
The cables were also replaced each time to rule out a defect.
I didn't make any modifications on the googles!

Tested on Goggles Firmware: v01.00.00.00, v01.00.01.00

On active AV-IN connection my Googles:
- freezes
- restarting
- extremely flickering (super poor image quality)

I tested the AV-In with these receivers:
- Crazepony-UK FXT FX888R FPV RX Receiver
- RD40 FPV Receiver
- GANA 1080P HDMI2AV Converter (with HDMI IN from my PC-Workstation w.d. resolutions)

Cables:
- av 2.5mm to 3.5 mm jack cable
- av 3.5mm jack to chinch

No success. I have no idea what's wrong - maybe my googles are broken?

DJI digital FPV Googles AV IN

DJI digital FPV Googles AV IN

AV IN Standard

AV IN Standard

AV IN best quality due flickering

AV IN best quality due flickering
2019-11-13
Use props
Anton Hermawan
New

Indonesia

Yes, I have exactly same issue with my clearview racing. I used clearview racing and attach using brand new av cable but no luck. When i tried plug in to my HDO its totally normal. Not sure whats wrong
2019-11-16
Use props
Marc Schneider
lvl.1

Germany

What the Hell ...

A 3.5 mm AV Jack is splitted in 4 parts: Ground, Left Audio, Right Audio, Video

If you unplug only ground, you'll get a fantastic AV Video:

It's super freaky! :-S
2019-11-17
Use props
djiuser_svTsi9rtdUUm
lvl.3

Austria

Marc Schneider Posted at 11-17 11:05
What the Hell ...

You have the wrong aux kabel. The same thing happens on every goggle with the wrong channels on the goggles
2019-11-18
Use props
Marc Schneider
lvl.1

Germany

djiuser_svTsi9rtdUUm Posted at 11-18 01:18
You have the wrong aux kabel. The same thing happens on every goggle with the wrong channels on the goggles

Thank you for the feedback. I have already tested many cable configurations - all have ground at the end. But for my understanding the googles also require the av in signal at the end.

I can modify/cut the cable and connect video and ground but thats a ugly game.

Can you tell me which cable you can use? Do you have a link to the cable?
2019-11-18
Use props
djiuser_svTsi9rtdUUm
lvl.3

Austria

Marc Schneider Posted at 11-18 06:30
Thank you for the feedback. I have already tested many cable configurations - all have ground at the end. But for my understanding the googles also require the av in signal at the end.

I can modify/cut the cable and connect video and ground but thats a ugly game.

mhh i build it myself from a cinch audio/video kabel (Not Audio AUX!) there its should be correct. Otherwise you have to solder one.
2019-11-18
Use props
Marc Schneider
lvl.1

Germany

djiuser_svTsi9rtdUUm Posted at 11-18 06:58
mhh i build it myself from a cinch audio/video kabel (Not Audio AUX!) there its should be correct. Otherwise you have to solder one.

I also used a video cable like this:

But I have to connct ground and av signal. The "standard" cable does not work without customization.

Can you tell me how you adjusted your cable or if it worked for you without adjustment?

What is your AV source? Can you post a picture please?
2019-11-18
Use props
JchgMad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3238 ft
Spain

this
https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B06Y42LBWW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2019-11-18
Use props
Marc Schneider
lvl.1

Germany

JchgMad Posted at 11-18 11:03
this
https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B06Y42LBWW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This cable wouldn't work for me without changing the pin layout.

Anyway, many thanks for the help!
2019-11-19
Use props
djiuser_svTsi9rtdUUm
lvl.3

Austria

Marc Schneider Posted at 11-19 00:39
This cable wouldn't work for me without changing the pin layout.

Anyway, many thanks for the help!

it seams the pin connector is to short . When I get home i will take a photo of mine
2019-11-19
Use props
fans37c8c2e6
lvl.2

South Korea

Marc Schneider Posted at 11-17 11:05
What the Hell ...

I am using this like this I thought only my connector was the problem. Others were also having the same problem!
2019-11-23
Use props
Marc Schneider
lvl.1

Switzerland

fans37c8c2e6 Posted at 11-23 07:43
I am using this like this I thought only my connector was the problem. Others were also having the same problem!

You can cut the cable and connect ground from the google with video from the source. That's it. Ugly but it works.
2019-12-5
Use props
Invi7
lvl.1

Malaysia

Lol ,why not just swap the Pin(Red or White) and plug it into Av (Yellow) . in my case is just use Red cable and plug in Yellow slot.
2019-12-31
Use props
djiuser_JYL2zU1Uq674
New

Germany

My Googles do not react to any av Input and i am using the right Cable.
I have no idea what the Problem is.
Pls Help me.
2020-1-10
Use props
Kreeze
lvl.4

United States

djiuser_JYL2zU1Uq674 Posted at 1-10 10:59
Pls Help me.

Are you on the latest firmware? There is a known bug where the AV input does not show up. To fix it, change your display scaling around until it works. I changed my display scaling from 100% to 50, which did nothing, and then to 60 which made it work. After it worked I changed it back to 100% and it's worked ever since. You'll need to go into the display settings of the goggles to change it.
2020-1-10
Use props
djiuser_HIVLDaY9aeUN
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_JYL2zU1Uq674 Posted at 1-10 10:59
Pls Help me.

I have the exact same issue.
2020-1-13
Use props
fanse36f050f
lvl.1
United States

It seems the av port is only compatible with external rc receivers like fatshark goggles, so  this might work:

Fat Shark AV Cable RCA to 4p Prong 3m:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LMJQHOG/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2020-9-3
Use props
fans3dc89abd
lvl.2
United States

SOLVED for ground stations!  

I am using a triversity TriplePlay ground station which has a Video out cable with a yellow RCA video connector.  Using a  3.5mm to RCA  cable (link below) but connecting the yellow video RCA connector from the ground station to the red (audio right) RCA connector on the cable provided the correct video connection to the DJI FPV V2 goggles.  The fit to the goggles was tight since the plastic around the 3.5mm plug is large diameter.  I shaved the plastic down with a pocket knife to make it go in easier.  I am still debating about cutting off the 2 unused wires to make the cable lighter.  I checked the cable with an ohmmeter.  Ground is closest to the plug base and the DJI video connection is the next ring up (the ring connected to the red plug).  Other 3.5mm to RCA cables might also work and not need to be trimmed.  However, I did notice that some of the other 3.5mm plugs were not all the same length.  This one measures about 17mm while some other 3.5mm connectors, my headphones for example, are only about 14mm long.  My setup also required an RCA female through to bridge the 2 RCA male connectors.

WindSwallow 5FT Gold Plated 3.5 mm to RCA AV Camcorder Video Cable,3.5mm Male to 3RCA Male Plug Stereo Audio Video AUX Cable for TV, TV Box, Home Theater / 3.5 Straight to 3 RCA

https://www.amazon.com/3-5mm-Audio-Video-Stereo-Theater/dp/B08BNC5FKW/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=WindSwallow+5FT+Gold+Plated+3.5+mm+to+RCA+AV+Camcorder+Video+Cable%2C3.5mm+Male+to+3RCA+Male+Plug+Stereo+Audio+Video+AUX+Cable+for+TV%2C+TV+Box%2C+Home+Theater+%2F+3.5+Straight+to+3+RCA&qid=1637623766&qsid=136-4632249-2256149&sr=8-1&sres=B08BNC5FKW%2CB08V1SV8BL%2CB096DVP5Z6%2CB07ZKPJMYN%2CB092VVR7M8%2CB092VKJVJN%2CB0957DDZK9%2CB08GK689GH%2CB098NSKK75%2CB08GFHKVB3%2CB095BT3J6Z%2CB079DDX1N9%2CB08BNL7K9R%2CB06XKMBB9L%2CB07D8M5DML%2CB08F3F9F66&srpt=ELECTRONIC_CABLE

RCA Female to Female coupler
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B071FB7D4C?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details
2021-11-22
Use props
sharkeagle
lvl.1

France

Bonjour j’ai brancher cette écran à la prise jack directement dans les lunettes mais pas de vidéo sur l’écran comment pourrais-je faire pour diffuser la vidéo du drone sur un cette écran externe. Merci

Hello I plugged this screen into the jack directly in the glasses but no video on the screen how could I do to broadcast the video of the drone on this external screen.  Thank you
image.jpg
2022-1-20
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

sharkeagle Posted at 1-20 03:39
Bonjour j’ai brancher cette écran à la prise jack directement dans les lunettes mais pas de vidéo sur l’écran comment pourrais-je faire pour diffuser la vidéo du drone sur un cette écran externe. Merci

Hello I plugged this screen into the jack directly in the glasses but no video on the screen how could I do to broadcast the video of the drone on this external screen.  Thank you

"how could I do to broadcast the video of the drone on this external screen."

The goggles have a Video IN only.

There are ways to get video out using the USB connection but you need a special app to make this work. (Video over USB.) You can not directly connect an analog video screen to goggles.
2022-3-15
Use props
Kipper1974
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Duane Degn Posted at 2022-3-15 18:31
"how could I do to broadcast the video of the drone on this external screen."

The goggles have a Video IN only.

If it's an analog AV input into the goggles then all they're doing is using a Y cable, so the cable will take an analog source and provide two analog outputs, one to the goggles and one to an external screen.   The BDI Adapter V2 comes with a Y cable to allow you to attach it to a ground station.
2023-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules