Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Error - 30168 - Insufficient Power
123Next >
15106 111 2019-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gocougs
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2241375 ft
United States

I received this error today while flying through all three of my batteries. No matter what the battery percentage was Be it full near 90% or low around 30%. I would see this error when flying at approximately four throttle in any direction.

The error pops up so briefly and when you’re flying at speed and altitude that you cannot check it while flying. The only way I could see what the error actually was was to review my telematics play back after the flight ended - which clearly shows the error and error code.

I was able to clear the error every time by lowering the throttle a little bit and then I was able to continue flying. I brought each of the three batteries down to about 15% without any flight issues, so no overall drone problems.
2019-11-13
Use props
Gocougs
lvl.3
United States

That should’ve read full throttle in any direction; but I can’t edit my post
2019-11-13
Use props
WSUPolar
lvl.3
United States

So no one else has received this error?

Or is it just not a significant issue?
2019-11-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, I am sorry to know that your DJI Mavic Mini is having issues during flight. There are two scenarios that would trigger this prompt. First, the aircraft might be flying with full power under the sport mode against the wind direction. Second, the aircraft might be flying with full power with propeller guards installed. Rest assured, this message is considered as normal and we will optimize this app prompt in the future. Thank you for understanding.
2019-11-14
Use props
nik1975
First Officer
Flight distance : 6300833 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

The same Problem..... and no sport mode ....and not so funny because i cant change the battery
20191114_204133.jpg
2019-11-14
Use props
KREMi
Captain
  • >>>
Poland

I wonder what brand/spec cells are inside this inteligent battery... we only know 2x2400mah -  any1 saw some vid/photo with opened mini battery?
2019-11-14
Use props
WSUPolar
lvl.3
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-14 11:35
Hi, I am sorry to know that your DJI Mavic Mini is having issues during flight. There are two scenarios that would trigger this prompt. First, the aircraft might be flying with full power under the sport mode against the wind direction. Second, the aircraft might be flying with full power with propeller guards installed. Rest assured, this message is considered as normal and we will optimize this app prompt in the future. Thank you for understanding.

Thank you - we all have heard of Phantoms losing power mid flight and dropping out of the sky, when they go low voltage. This is what I was fearing when I saw that error - A low voltage situation causing the drone to lose power/reboot mid flight.

I also was flying on a low wind day outside with no prop guards installed, just the bare drone.
2019-11-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I have seen that error in one of the earlier video's that was posted.
Very briefly popped up.
2019-11-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

WSUPolar Posted at 11-14 18:20
Thank you - we all have heard of Phantoms losing power mid flight and dropping out of the sky, when they go low voltage. This is what I was fearing when I saw that error - A low voltage situation causing the drone to lose power/reboot mid flight.

I also was flying on a low wind day outside with no prop guards installed, just the bare drone.

Hi, Thank you for the given update. I understand that you are concerned about the battery status of you DJI Mavic Mini. For us to better assists you, kindly please provide a sample video of the said issue. Thank you for your understanding.
2019-11-15
Use props
WSUPolar
lvl.3
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-15 15:50
Hi, Thank you for the given update. I understand that you are concerned about the battery status of you DJI Mavic Mini. For us to better assists you, kindly please provide a sample video of the said issue. Thank you for your understanding.

I don’t screen record my phone - but here are two replay images from my flight today at a park where I can fly quite easily. Again wind was quite calm to non existent and no prop guards were installed.
DB1B7F15-2A64-46BA-B9FB-DB9A7CF01BA6.png
DF0E8A44-C44D-46E6-A409-D00CB663B8D7.png
2019-11-15
Use props
WSUPolar
lvl.3
United States

WSUPolar Posted at 11-15 17:01
I don’t screen record my phone - but here are two replay images from my flight today at a park where I can fly quite easily. Again wind was quite calm to non existent and no prop guards were installed.[Image]

I can repeat this with all three of my batteries - so it’s not tied to one specific  battery.
2019-11-15
Use props
Cookster670
First Officer
Australia

I’m getting that too.    I’ve I’ve seen someone else here is getting it.  So it seems to me a common issue.  Doesn’t seem to affect anything, but it’s annoyingl.
2019-11-17
Use props
Mullheliflier
Captain
Flight distance : 12305135 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It appeared briefly on mine today. It was fairly windy, so that might have been the cause. The only other issues I have seen with mine are that it started descending on its own yesterday and today it suddenly stopped like its big brothers do when collision avoidance is activated.
2019-11-17
Use props
moshea
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49488 ft
United Kingdom

2019-11-17
Use props
Bigplumbs
Captain
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have been getting it as well but it seemed fine in flight
2019-11-17
Use props
WSUPolar
lvl.3
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 11-17 10:07
I have been getting it as well but it seemed fine in flight

Agreed- fine in flight. But it’s just one voltage drop away from losing power completely; that’s why I’ve brought this up.

Another flight at the same park - I find it funny how the banner is “pre flight check” when the drone is already in flight.
DE89ABC4-88CE-4F2D-B962-CC3B4DA92B94.png
2019-11-17
Use props
djiuser_fdDPzc7vb6iW
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6749 ft
United States

I have the same issue - And my drone crash in the water  - I think its due to this issue
2019-11-18
Use props
djiuser_MUZc68UBWDOM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 291129 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-15 15:50

Hi.  I having the same problem, the drone stops responding and immediately fell into the ground, strange because 1st day was OK and there was some update, and since this I can't fly I can’t trust.  I tried with different batteries also controler and phone ( iphone XS )  full charged, the effect was the same.
2019-11-19
Use props
mrbubbels
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45978 ft
Germany

I do get the same message almost every flight. "Insufficient Power"
Its not windy at all. Mostly i get it in sports mode going full throttle in any direction. same as the OP. I hope its just a software bug.
If the drone happens to lose power mid flight ill be disappointed with dji. its my first drone.
2019-11-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_MUZc68UBWDOM Posted at 11-19 12:38
Hi.  I having the same problem, the drone stops responding and immediately fell into the ground, strange because 1st day was OK and there was some update, and since this I can't fly I can’t trust.  I tried with different batteries also controler and phone ( iphone XS )  full charged, the effect was the same.

Hi, I am sorry to know about this unfortunate incident that happened with your DJI Mavic Mini. I would recommend you to contact our support team to start up a ticket at ( https://repair.dji.com/repair/index ). We have the professional team who would do their best to  assists you with regards to this matter. We hope to hear from you as soon as possible for a swift resolution. Thank you.
2019-11-19
Use props
WSUPolar
lvl.3
United States

djiuser_fdDPzc7vb6iW Posted at 11-18 17:18
I have the same issue - And my drone crash in the water  - I think its due to this issue

Share your flight logs - should help to determine if that was the cause.
2019-11-19
Use props
Cookster670
First Officer
Australia

Getting an error message is one thing, but having it drop from the sky (presumably as it’s a voltage limit) is a real concern.  I fly over water regularly and it’s hard enough to retrieve a drone on land but over water makes it impossible.     Hopefully you guys get onto this one asap and release a fix
2019-11-19
Use props
fliptwister
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22516 ft
United States

Add me to list of people with this issue. I flew my first flight today and half of it was in P (position) mode and half in S (sport). I never had issue in P mode but several times in S mode I got the "Aircraft power insufficient" message. Wind was only 3 mph and I did not have on propeller guards. This did not appear to have any affect on the drone itself thankfully. It appeared top fly normal when I got these notifications.

In a post on another forum: "According to DJI this is a message in response to tilt angle and nothing to do with actual battery draw etc." Obviously I have no idea if this is valid.  

The good news is that other than this issue I love the drone. I'm coming from a Spark and I'm loving the 3 axis gimbal and the battery time. The drone also flies great. The 2.7k video looks great as do the pictures.

DJI needs to address this issue. Obviously it is not related to wind, propeller guards, battery, or battery level for many of us. My concern is that this is not happening to everyone so this appears to be isolated to a select number of drones. It would seem that more people would be having this issue if it was software/firmware related. If my drone is defective I want a new one.

Here is screenshot of my flight with notification:
2019-11-19
Use props
Menek
lvl.1
Flight distance : 291129 ft
United Kingdom

Hi.
I just let you know I have emailed to the support and they responded:  ( so fingers cross for quick updates )
(DJI Support)
11月21日 CST01:18

Dear Mariusz,

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

We appreciate your time for sending an email to us and let me assist you with your concern.

Upon looking at your concern, I've already coordinated this to our engineers for them to check.

Please kindly wait for the feedback.

Thank you for understanding and for choosing DJI.
Best Regards,
Emman

DJI Support
2019-11-20
Use props
djiuser_h7z7t3kVdRyx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 681073 ft
Germany

The same problem
2019-11-22
Use props
WSUPolar
lvl.3
United States

At this point I’ve flown 7 complete batteries through my Mini

This is annoying but not game breaking on my Drone.

Please do address this in the next update DJI.
2019-11-22
Use props
Uptowndisco
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7394987 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

might never get fixed , the Inspire 1 has has the same issue since release , DJI slowed down the max flight speed to try and rectify but never fully fixed it , it still today gets the message that it is reducing flight speed to the motors to try and reduce power when in fast flight.
2019-11-22
Use props
WSUPolar
lvl.3
United States

Went out over Lake Washington today - needless to say I’m unconcerned at this point.
E978D535-9AD9-4F62-96F8-BAAD7C45E08A.png
2019-11-22
Use props
Elsmeghead
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3421503 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KREMi Posted at 11-14 12:10
I wonder what brand/spec cells are inside this inteligent battery... we only know 2x2400mah -  any1 saw some vid/photo with opened mini battery?

2019-11-22
Use props
Elsmeghead
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3421503 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KREMi Posted at 11-14 12:10
I wonder what brand/spec cells are inside this inteligent battery... we only know 2x2400mah -  any1 saw some vid/photo with opened mini battery?

Vaping batteries!
2019-11-22
Use props
djiuser_of4QI41NHDEN
New

South Africa

So I used to get the normal insufficient power message like everyone else, but today I got this disturbing error message. Aircraft max Power load reached. Wtf? Has anyone had this message yet? So concerning.
2019-11-25
Use props
djiuser_of4QI41NHDEN
New

South Africa

2019-11-25
Use props
djiuser_MQP2vxOTHcEh
New

United States

I've received the same message warning today while flying and was told that it just means the motors can’t spin any faster when at full throttle forward and upwards with the Mavic Mini
Screenshot_20191125-134335.jpg
2019-11-25
Use props
Sys_Admin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1094311 ft
United Kingdom

So on my 5th outing with the Mavic Mini I am now getting "Aircraft power insufficient. Fly with caution. Code 30168" alerts when flying.
Battery was fully charged and it was happening shortly after take off. I always fully charge and let it run down properly. Its only been a handful of flights.
I didn't fly far as I was really worried about this. Now I am a bit scared to fly again. If this drops out the sky then who's fault is it? Will DJI replace a crashed drone?
Also the range on the CE (UK/EU) version is terrible.

2019-11-28
Use props
shaab
lvl.1
Flight distance : 149518 ft
Germany

I'm not sure, but I think this message appears when the mavic is using all its power to fight the wind, or going full speed and there's no more power to keep it 100% stable.
This would explain it's not battery related.
2019-11-28
Use props
WSUPolar
lvl.3
United States

Well again - this doesn’t seem to be an issue - at least for me. Still get the occasional power alert issue - but no drops.

Logged a five mile flight today - on a single battery. As well I reached 4,000’ away w/o issue on a flight.
6B576128-9758-4508-8D7F-EDF5ED502E85.jpeg
D971B6A7-7BE7-4241-86BD-A0F96BD564A6.jpeg
2019-11-28
Use props
djiuser_SIL5e6l0LP4a
New
Flight distance : 1405600 ft
United States

I just got a Mavic mini and I constantly get this error code. I can feel the loss of power every time I get it. And I get it literally every time I use sport mode. And every time I want a vertically ascend. I'm not at all pleased with the mavic mini
Screenshot_20191129-145610.jpg
2019-11-29
Use props
WooZie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4485558 ft
Romania

guys, all of you think that is not a big issue until you will have a fall off the sky like my drone, i always had this message even indoor in hover mode, so that is a big issue not "nothing" as you think
2019-11-29
Use props
StefanMalloch
lvl.3
Canada

I'm having the same issue. Drone drops in altitude when the alert comes on. Concerning.
2019-11-29
Use props
WooZie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4485558 ft
Romania

mine dropped from 70m, it is made little pieces
2019-11-29
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now