DJI Fly app not compatible
104003 282 2019-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Bmv3OHpbaa5u
New

Mexico

Sorry to say but Dji has only bad excuses they should simply support 32 bit, it works on iPhone 5s which has les performance than The J8
Google does not end 32 bit, just all New Apps must support 64bit, 32bit can continúe
2019-12-12
Use props
JHa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 99797 ft
Czechia

KlooGee Posted at 12-12 20:32
The other interesting thing to add to this discussion is that people for years have been complaining about Go 4 being bloated and out of date and DJI needs to do something about it.  Now DJI has done something about it and is headed in a new direction and now a different set of people are upset.  You win some, you lose some, but you can never get 100%

What done DJI about it? Less features, same size, worse compatibility. Where are benefits for customers? If DJI Go is bad, then DJI Fly is worst. Compare ratings on Google Play.
2019-12-12
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_Bmv3OHpbaa5u Posted at 12-12 20:35
Sorry to say but Dji has only bad excuses they should simply support 32 bit, it works on iPhone 5s which has les performance than The J8
Google does not end 32 bit, just all New Apps must support 64bit, 32bit can continúe

Firstly, it is ridiculous that any phone manufacturer is still making devices in 2019 that are 32-bit.  That is just silly and short sighted.  

Secondly, have a look at my previous post about potential business decisions.  Its expensive and time consuming to support multiple versions of the same app.  Its easy to look at something from a single perspective.  Running a business there are quite often times when hard decisions need to be made.  

Maybe DJI will hear people's feedback like yours and change course!?  Or maybe they will plow ahead like Apple did.  
2019-12-12
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

JHa Posted at 12-12 21:28
What done DJI about it? Less features, same size, worse compatibility. Where are benefits for customers? If DJI Go is bad, then DJI Fly is worst. Compare ratings on Google Play.

Its a brand new app currently designed for an entry level drone.  I wouldn't expect it to have as many or more features at this point.  However, building it as a native 64-bit app without having to design around 32 bit workarounds will allow it to be more future proof.  

Will it end up better than Go 4?  Dunno, but like I said, from a business perspective, I can see why they may have went down that path.  Hopefully they didn't miscalculate and upset too many potential customers.
2019-12-12
Use props
JHa
lvl.4
Czechia

KlooGee Posted at 12-12 21:50
Its a brand new app currently designed for an entry level drone.  I wouldn't expect it to have as many or more features at this point.  However, building it as a native 64-bit app without having to design around 32 bit workarounds will allow it to be more future proof.  

Will it end up better than Go 4?  Dunno, but like I said, from a business perspective, I can see why they may have went down that path.  Hopefully they didn't miscalculate and upset too many potential customers.

64-bit only app for entry level drones is nonsense at this time. Especially if this is "unknown" phone parameter and in drone specs is nothing about it.  It can be acceptable only for professional drones with special features. I understand that Android is moving from 32 to 64bit, but now is only in adding 64bit support phase. IMHO hypothetical benefits of only 64-bit app are irrelevant for this app at this time. What in this application would be worse if it supported 32-bit? IMHO almost nothing, only a little bigger size.
2019-12-12
Use props
Moccaz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 807247 ft
Italy

The question 64 or 32 bit  is only one of the proof thet the app was developed bad and in a rush.
For exemple at this time the app does not start also on Samsung s10 with android 10 that is one of the device present in the official  compatibility list of dji.
If this is the cure They use to develop a mass product app i think we have big problem in future with this drone
2019-12-12
Use props
Gu5s
lvl.3
Flight distance : 284728 ft
Czechia

In this day and time, there are no "workarounds" when compiling 32/64 bit app, it is virtually a single click.
You don't write 32 / 64 bit source code, you write a high-level uniform code and the compiler will take care of the implementation to specified those devices.

Also manufacturers now don't make 32bit phones - they build phones mostly on 64bit SoCs, but they put 32bit Android OS, because they could not be bothered and no user really cared either... Well users complaining here do care now. (I bought a new phone, to replace my 1yo old, just to fly mini)
2019-12-13
Use props
JHa
lvl.4
Czechia

Gu5s Posted at 12-13 00:25
In this day and time, there are no "workarounds" when compiling 32/64 bit app, it is virtually a single click.
You don't write 32 / 64 bit source code, you write a high-level uniform code and the compiler will take care of the implementation to specified those devices.

Theoretically it is possible write high optimised code direct in 32/64 bit assembler, but it's about two variants small code pieces in app kernel.
2019-12-13
Use props
Akirasho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1622238 ft
United States

As has been noted,  I bought a Mini with out a clear understand of phone compatibly.   So I have decided to "upgrate" my 2 month old Samgung J3 (new to me) to a Galaxy S7 (on the list).  I am "caving" the personal issues.  I will report back the results,  good, bad, or a wash!

Hoping to return HERE as a PILOT in a about 7 days!
2019-12-13
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

It just seems to me that some folks are taking this to extreme. Really, by today's technological standards, there really shouldn't be a 32-bit version of anything (hardware or software wise). But given the way things are, it is what it is today. There are companies that are using 32-bit as a way to sell cheaper to it's consumers and that leads companies like Google to try and come up with a way to start a transition away from 32-bit. DJI is no exception. If they choose to never publish a 32-bit version of DJI Fly, that is there choice. They have to start somewhere and there will be upset customers. They expect and know it's going to happen. They are probably gauging the customer backlash with this very Mavic Mini project. While it is possible they may yet publish a 32-bit version and I hope that they change there mind  and do, it is quite possible that they may not. They may stand there ground and say from this point forward, 64-bit is it. But one thing I wish they would do if they decide 64-bit is going to be the path, make a public statement as such. I'm not going to get on my soap box and preach one way or the other. I myself was a victim of this. I had three tablets that I was planning on using for my MM and couldn't because they were all three 32 bit so I understand all to well the consumer side of this topic. I also understand the business side of it as well.
2019-12-13
Use props
JHa
lvl.4
Czechia

JodyB Posted at 12-13 23:36
It just seems to me that some folks are taking this to extreme. Really, by today's technological standards, there really shouldn't be a 32-bit version of anything (hardware or software wise). But given the way things are, it is what it is today. There are companies that are using 32-bit as a way to sell cheaper to it's consumers and that leads companies like Google to try and come up with a way to start a transition away from 32-bit. DJI is no exception. If they choose to never publish a 32-bit version of DJI Fly, that is there choice. They have to start somewhere and there will be upset customers. They expect and know it's going to happen. They are probably gauging the customer backlash with this very Mavic Mini project. While it is possible they may yet publish a 32-bit version and I hope that they change there mind  and do, it is quite possible that they may not. They may stand there ground and say from this point forward, 64-bit is it. But one thing I wish they would do if they decide 64-bit is going to be the path, make a public statement as such. I'm not going to get on my soap box and preach one way or the other. I myself was a victim of this. I had three tablets that I was planning on using for my MM and couldn't because they were all three 32 bit so I understand all to well the consumer side of this topic. I also understand the business side of it as well.

If you want respect today's standards, you must respect whole ecosystem. You can't say, we have 64bit CPU, we build only 64bit sw, if today's standard on android is 32/64bit sw on 64bit hw and migration from 32bit to 64 bit is only in "you must add 64bit sw version for android 9 and later" phase. Yes, this is DJIs decision, but it is a mistake.
2019-12-14
Use props
Minnesota
lvl.4
United States

I've compiled a list of Android phones, not on DJI's current list, that people are reporting run DJI FLY successfully.  That list has 16 phones.
I've compiled a list of Android phones, not on DJI's current list, that people are reporting DO NOT run DJI FLY successfully.  That list has 29 phones.  
2019-12-14
Use props
JHa
lvl.4
Czechia

Minnesota Posted at 12-14 01:27
I've compiled a list of Android phones, not on DJI's current list, that people are reporting run DJI FLY successfully.  That list has 16 phones.
I've compiled a list of Android phones, not on DJI's current list, that people are reporting DO NOT run DJI FLY successfully.  That list has 29 phones.

Motorola Moto Z2 Play - not compatible
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 - compatible
btw both almost the same hw, moto is newer.
2019-12-14
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

I'm using my girl friends iPhone 6 plus, but my trusty iPhone 5S works perfectly fine, is the first 64bit iOS phone, not being listed is annoying, if it works, it works.
Waiting to see the compatible list grow to buy a phone exclusively for the mini, far from ideal.
Not here to debate 32 vs 64 bit architecture, but dropping support for DJI googles, crystal sky and smart controller... just for the 32 bit Android... seems awkward.
2019-12-14
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

JHa Posted at 12-14 00:57
If you want respect today's standards, you must respect whole ecosystem. You can't say, we have 64bit CPU, we build only 64bit sw, if today's standard on android is 32/64bit sw on 64bit hw and migration from 32bit to 64 bit is only in "you must add 64bit sw version for android 9 and later" phase. Yes, this is DJIs decision, but it is a mistake.

They can should they choose to go only 64-bit. Just because it happens to have made a victim of you and myself included doesn't mean they can't. I also did say that they needed to make a statement to customers of such if that is what they are going to do. And yes, google is transitioning to 64-bit only by making it a requirement that all new apps must also include 64-bit as well as 32-bit. Just a little further down the road, and they will drop the 32-bit part of that equation. It's just a matter of time. I have a broader view than what you do my friend.
2019-12-14
Use props
JHa
lvl.4
Czechia

JodyB Posted at 12-14 05:06
They can should they choose to go only 64-bit. Just because it happens to have made a victim of you and myself included doesn't mean they can't. I also did say that they needed to make a statement to customers of such if that is what they are going to do. And yes, google is transitioning to 64-bit only by making it a requirement that all new apps must also include 64-bit as well as 32-bit. Just a little further down the road, and they will drop the 32-bit part of that equation. It's just a matter of time. I have a broader view than what you do my friend.

It's just a matter of time, it's OK,  but not today.  BTW Mavic Mini specs are still without 64bit system requirement. Only requirement is Android 6 or later. DJI made wrong decision and It does not correctly inform customers about it. This requirement today's for entry level product needs big red alert in product description and on the box. MM Specs: "Required Operating System: iOS v10.0 or later Android v6.0 or later" - insufficient information. Information on more compatible DJI Go web page: Compatible with the Mavic Series - not true, Information in Google Play: " DJI GO 4.0 has been optimized for all of DJI's latest products" - not true. I regret the people who open MM at Christmas and find they have incompatible device.
2019-12-14
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

JHa Posted at 12-14 06:30
It's just a matter of time, it's OK,  but not today.  BTW Mavic Mini specs are still without 64bit system requirement. Only requirement is Android 6 or later. DJI made wrong decision and It does not correctly inform customers about it. This requirement today's for entry level product needs big red alert in product description and on the box. MM Specs: "Required Operating System: iOS v10.0 or later Android v6.0 or later" - insufficient information. Information on more compatible DJI Go web page: Compatible with the Mavic Series - not true, Information in Google Play: " DJI GO 4.0 has been optimized for all of DJI's latest products" - not true. I regret the people who open MM at Christmas and find they have incompatible device.

We don't get to be the ones that say they made the wrong decision. DJI does. And if you actually took the time to read my post, I did say that if they are going that route, they should make a statement as such. I read the specs and know full well what it says. Entry level has nothing to do with 32-bit or 64-bit for that matter. Just because it doesn't fit yours or my criteria doesn't make it so. They have advertised the fact that the app that works with the Mavic Mini is only the DJI Fly app. TRUE. Also has been stated that DJI Go 4 will not work with Mavic Mini, TRUE. Again, folks getting frustrated, understandable. There is a right way and a wrong way to voice our opinions. Not like 2 year old tantrums. In all my posts regarding this topic, I've always said DJI SHOULD MAKE A STATEMENT IF THEY ARE GOING ONLY 64-BIT.  Your enemy is not me or anyone normal person on this forum.
2019-12-14
Use props
JHa
lvl.4
Czechia

JodyB Posted at 12-14 06:39
We don't get to be the ones that say they made the wrong decision. DJI does. And if you actually took the time to read my post, I did say that if they are going that route, they should make a statement as such. I read the specs and know full well what it says. Entry level has nothing to do with 32-bit or 64-bit for that matter. Just because it doesn't fit yours or my criteria doesn't make it so. They have advertised the fact that the app that works with the Mavic Mini is only the DJI Fly app. TRUE. Also has been stated that DJI Go 4 will not work with Mavic Mini, TRUE. Again, folks getting frustrated, understandable. There is a right way and a wrong way to voice our opinions. Not like 2 year old tantrums. In all my posts regarding this topic, I've always said DJI SHOULD MAKE A STATEMENT IF THEY ARE GOING ONLY 64-BIT.  Your enemy is not me or anyone normal person on this forum.

You are wrong. Read https://www.dji.com/cz/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4 "Compatible with the Mavic Series", nothing about not supporting mini. Read https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dji.go.v4 "for all of DJI's latest products" nothing about not supporting mini. Read https://www.dji.com/cz/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly nothing about 64bit. Read information on box, nothing about 64bit. Information about new DJI Fly app for Mini says nothing about not supporting Mini in DJI Go. Especcialy if in DJI Go is info about support Mavic serie. Simple formal logic. If you want ignore 32bit phones today, you must have good information about it, especcialy if it is entry level for beginers with common devices. Information somewhere in forum are irelevant for almost all customers, it must be in official specs and on the box. There is nothing about it.
2019-12-14
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Good luck with trying to force your point. It isn’t working. I know what I’ve read and I am not wrong. It does not say anything about supporting it if you go to the mavic mini page, it plainly says DJI fly app is the app to use, not go 4. Sorry you can’t say I’m wrong any longer. And your still ignoring my entire post. Only taking parts of it to suite your needs. Simple formal logic dictates that is you want information about a product, go to that products web page to get it. I knew prior to purchasing my mini that it would use the DJI fly app and not the go 4 app. As for the 64-bit issue, I have made myself very clear where I stand on it and I'm not waisting anymore time on it. Myself or any single person can make DJI or any other company by itself to do anything they don't want to do. No matter how badly we may want it. If it's something we as a drone community wants, then we need to come together in the appropriate way and let our united voices be heard.
2019-12-14
Use props
keepcoding
New
Switzerland

themich0r Posted at 12-11 00:55
Can anyone confirm that DJI Fly runs either on a Samsung Galaxy A40 or Xiomi Mi 9 SE ?

I can confirm that the Xiaomi Mi 9 SE works with the DJI Fly App!
2019-12-15
Use props
HeirFlick
lvl.2

United Kingdom

djiuser_qFIZfpYASMlv Posted at 12-10 20:41
Return it like everyone else.

I bet Parrot are wondering why the Anafi sales are going through the roof.
2019-12-17
Use props
HeirFlick
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Moccaz Posted at 12-12 23:34
The question 64 or 32 bit  is only one of the proof thet the app was developed bad and in a rush.
For exemple at this time the app does not start also on Samsung s10 with android 10 that is one of the device present in the official  compatibility list of dji.
If this is the cure They use to develop a mass product app i think we have big problem in future with this drone

It has failed on a number of different devices that are on the list. I am told in certain parts of the world 64 bit is fitted to the phones but they have to run 32 bit just to add to the phones that are on the list but are failing with the firmware updates. This Fly App is begining to be a bit of a Turkey.
2019-12-17
Use props
Akirasho
lvl.4
United States

Bad omen...  phone arriving one day late...  The Universe does not me to have/fly a drone!  Old man grumble!

I hope I don't cross thread a self sealing stem bolt!
2019-12-17
Use props
djiuser_dX6gmoxd6VTk
New

Australia

I have just bought a Sumsung 8 with Andriod 9 and 64 bit os and the app will still not load. It says it does not suit my device. Can anyone offer a suggestion
2019-12-18
Use props
djiuser_dX6gmoxd6VTk
New

Australia

Sorry it is a Samsung Galaxy Tab A  with Android 9 and 64 bit os
2019-12-18
Use props
emaneg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1591 ft
Italy

I can confirm that the Xiaomi redmi note 7 works with the DJI Fly App!
2019-12-18
Use props
tonygoesglobal
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41227 ft
Georgia

Has anyone tried the Mavic Mini with the Nokia 6.1? The app has downloaded, opens and I can go through the menus. Does that mean it should work?
2019-12-19
Use props
djiuser_KNWrg8BjhZ4g
New
Flight distance : 4862 ft
Indonesia

I am a Xiaomi Mi 8 user (entered in the compatible device list) with Android 9. Dji fly app can be installed but there are some menus not available. Options for 'quick shot' are missing, camera settings and video recording are also missing so I can't choose HD / 2.7K or framerate . I already used the updated firmware. What's the solution?
2019-12-19
Use props
tonygoesglobal
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41227 ft
Georgia

Today I used the Mavic Mini with the Nokia 6.1 (not on the list) running Android 9. Latest version firmware on the drone and the controller. It's my first drone but everything seemed to work smoothly.
2019-12-22
Use props
Akirasho
lvl.4
United States

Wish me luck.  DJI Fly is installed on Samsung S7.  Will try to fly after checklist...
2019-12-22
Use props
Akirasho
lvl.4
United States

Finally....  AIRBORNE!!!!

Brief hover test in living room... spin some wings on me (after an additional $160 USD)
Unseasonally warm here... outside, and a bit of peace for the dog!

Experiments!!!!
2019-12-22
Use props
fansef4ae8a7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 19885 ft
United States

djiuser_dX6gmoxd6VTk Posted at 12-18 05:41
Sorry it is a Samsung Galaxy Tab A  with Android 9 and 64 bit os

The Galaxy Tab is not on the compatible list.
2019-12-22
Use props
fansef4ae8a7
lvl.4
United States

Moccaz Posted at 12-12 23:34
The question 64 or 32 bit  is only one of the proof thet the app was developed bad and in a rush.
For exemple at this time the app does not start also on Samsung s10 with android 10 that is one of the device present in the official  compatibility list of dji.

The app runs on my wife's S10.
2019-12-22
Use props
fansef4ae8a7
lvl.4
United States

JHa Posted at 12-14 00:57
If you want respect today's standards, you must respect whole ecosystem. You can't say, we have 64bit CPU, we build only 64bit sw, if today's standard on android is 32/64bit sw on 64bit hw and migration from 32bit to 64 bit is only in "you must add 64bit sw version for android 9 and later" phase. Yes, this is DJIs decision, but it is a mistake.

I have encountered plenty of software that won't run on a 32bit Windows machine.

You can still have a 32 bit operating system but at some point a software or hardware manufacturer has to leave some systems behind.
2019-12-22
Use props
Crash&Burn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116043 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_s2H4LN64ALq7 Posted at 11-22 21:58
Maybe if we can get this issue out there more people will return or cancel their orders and DJI will actually care enough to release the apk for a third party app or fix the app they have.  I have posted on a few drone based subreddits as well as a review on Best Buy warning people.  It turns out basically only the high end major android models run 64 bit android.  The cheaper phones seem to have 32bit on 64bit hardware

DJI will not start caring, just ask anyone with a $1000 CrystalSky !
2019-12-22
Use props
HeirFlick
lvl.2

United Kingdom

If you read this properly most phones are built with 64bit but the cell provider runs 32 bit. Its the generalisation by DJI that certain phones are compatible. They are not. It depends where you live what version of that phone you have and were sold and what the cell supplier provides for its service. That is why with 32 bit it covers all countries and all suppliers. My two phones in the UK are different if I bought them in Germany or Australia even though they are the same model.
2019-12-23
Use props
ted6
lvl.2

United States

Just got a brand new DAVIC mini for Xmas.  I'm new to the drone world. Wife got me the drone without checking compatible device list. I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 T813 that I want to use with the unit. All research seems to indicate that this tablet is not "officially" compatible. The tablet is running Android 7.0. CPU is 64 bit. I don't know if the OS is 64 bit. I figured out that I need DJI Fly, so I downloaded it and installed. The app seems to run as far as I can go. App fired up and forced me to create an account and agree to TOS, allowing DJI to use my data in various ways. Next step in the app is to connect to the Mini. I did not go that far because the Mini is still in the sealed box. I don't want to tear open the box, because then the return may be more of a problem! I would like some kind of reasonably good probability that I can use the tablet before tearing into the box. First thing I did was go on this other website that has huge list of compatible devices for DJI. (Phantom) What the heck is going on here??? It looks like compatibility hell. The list fails to identify what it is that makes a certain device compatible or not. Is it the Android version issue? Is it the OS 32 vs 64 bit thing? Is it the USB issues?? Is the huge list just a proxy for device USB bandwidth? Is the Fly app always on the verge of running out of bandwidth? Does DJI write software that bypasses API calls and goes right to the hardware, creating widespread compatibility issues? Unreal.

Apparently DJI GO 4 works with the Samsung S2. Why does DJI have 2 apps? Why not 1 app to "rule them all"? I'm very frustrated by this product so far, it's been a headache before I even open the box.
2019-12-26
Use props
IndyRick
lvl.2

United States

ted6 Posted at 12-26 07:28
Just got a brand new DAVIC mini for Xmas.  I'm new to the drone world. Wife got me the drone without checking compatible device list. I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 T813 that I want to use with the unit. All research seems to indicate that this tablet is not "officially" compatible. The tablet is running Android 7.0. CPU is 64 bit. I don't know if the OS is 64 bit. I figured out that I need DJI Fly, so I downloaded it and installed. The app seems to run as far as I can go. App fired up and forced me to create an account and agree to TOS, allowing DJI to use my data in various ways. Next step in the app is to connect to the Mini. I did not go that far because the Mini is still in the sealed box. I don't want to tear open the box, because then the return may be more of a problem! I would like some kind of reasonably good probability that I can use the tablet before tearing into the box. First thing I did was go on this other website that has huge list of compatible devices for DJI. (Phantom) What the heck is going on here??? It looks like compatibility hell. The list fails to identify what it is that makes a certain device compatible or not. Is it the Android version issue? Is it the OS 32 vs 64 bit thing? Is it the USB issues?? Is the huge list just a proxy for device USB bandwidth? Is the Fly app always on the verge of running out of bandwidth? Does DJI write software that bypasses API calls and goes right to the hardware, creating widespread compatibility issues? Unreal.

Apparently DJI GO 4 works with the Samsung S2. Why does DJI have 2 apps? Why not 1 app to "rule them all"? I'm very frustrated by this product so far, it's been a headache before I even open the box.

Hi ted6,

You're going to have to unbox the MM.  Your device requires the controller to connect to the powered-up drone.  If you got Fly loaded and running g, you will likely be able to connect and fly.
2019-12-26
Use props
Eswanddy Johan
New

Malaysia

I am using samsung s10+. The apps working perfectly before but after i update my phone suddenly the apps seems cannot be operate at all. Already uninstall and re install back the apps but nothing happen.why?
2019-12-26
Use props
nic160
lvl.1

United States

I just wanted to let DJI know, I'm/was another customer who received the mavic mini for Christmas. I was mislead when you said android 6.0, as i have on my note 4, I opened the box to discover my wife spent
$500.00 on a plastic brick. I feel DJI was very misleading about this. Your sales people in retail don't even know you can't use these devices to control the drones. Really ??? So lets say best case scenario i had an extra $1000.00 to buy an Iphone and i did to use my plastic brick. Now I find out you cannot buy extra batteries for this device because once again DJI CANNOT GET THEIR ACT TOGETHER..... This device was doomed from the beginning. Thank you DJI for making my wife's purse lighter $500.00 you thieves.  
2019-12-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules