DJI Fly app not compatible
103986 282 2019-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BorisTheSpider
lvl.1
United States

You guys are mad that you had no way of knowing ahead of time whether your device would work with DJI Fly. That's infuriating, for sure. In my case, my device (LG G6) is listed as a recommended device and doesn't work right. I have to use a silly workaround to get it to stay connected. I'm hoping upgrading to Android 9 (currently 8) will help, but I don't want to try it only to find out it made it worse or something. I have seen a single report that it does work, but I was hoping for that to be corroborated by at least one other personal experience.

On that note - for anyone listing devices that aren't on the list and either work or don't work, please list which version of Android the device runs. Ideally, try it with different versions. I have a hunch that it matters. Like the LG G6, maybe it works fine on Android 7 and 9, but not 8.
2020-1-5
Use props
BorisTheSpider
lvl.1
United States

BorisTheSpider Posted at 1-5 18:33
You guys are mad that you had no way of knowing ahead of time whether your device would work with DJI Fly. That's infuriating, for sure. In my case, my device (LG G6) is listed as a recommended device and doesn't work right. I have to use a silly workaround to get it to stay connected. I'm hoping upgrading to Android 9 (currently 8) will help, but I don't want to try it only to find out it made it worse or something. I have seen a single report that it does work, but I was hoping for that to be corroborated by at least one other personal experience.

On that note - for anyone listing devices that aren't on the list and either work or don't work, please list which version of Android the device runs. Ideally, try it with different versions. I have a hunch that it matters. Like the LG G6, maybe it works fine on Android 7 and 9, but not 8.

Just updated my android. It does seem to be working well with LG G6 on Android 9, while it didn't with Android 8.
2020-1-6
Use props
Cosmin Popa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 653 ft
Cyprus

updated DJI Fly on 15th of January
It WORKS on Samsung S10+ running Android10

thank you. Now I can finally use my Mini
2020-1-15
Use props
djiuser_l9QwFiO9Ui4y
New

Japan

Hello droners!
Have anyone encountered problem using DJI Fly app on iPhone 11 Pro Max? All the time I open the app, it automatically turning off the permission I gave it before to use WLAN and Cellular Data. If anyone has experienced the same problems;em on iOS device, how you got it fixed?  I have tried using the app on the latest iPad Pro and iPhone 7 Plus, both updated to the latest version of iPadOS and iOS respectively, and there's no such problem. However the newest iPhone seems not compatible to use DJI Fly app.
2020-1-16
Use props
RevealingMind
lvl.1

Australia

Ive come up with what i reckon is the best and cheapest workaround for the app compatibility issue, i bought a second hand iPad Mini 2 running IOS 12.4.4

2020-1-18
Use props
djiuser_UIQEvtpssTVV
New
United States

Tim Twerp Posted at 2019-11-23 09:35
Really?  You Buy a $500 toy drone and  still have a cheap android phone?  Yes, third party apps will catch the wave and be available, but invest a little in a new or second phone for your drones!  Do you still use 32 bit for your computers?  if you want your equipment to support the future, expect the software to be current and up-gradable... not down gradable.  Go ahead and hate this message, but buy a $500 dollar toy drone and then complain that they expect you to have current technology in your phone... return it and get your money back.  Buy a tello.

The problem is "Reading is fundamental", the issue is not 32 or 64bit OS's.  The problem many people have stated is DJI's only requirement is an android OS of 6 or higher.
2020-1-26
Use props
djiuser_7RpssnecsLkP
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22349 ft
Canada

Anyone install DJI FLy on Vankyo MatrixPad Z4 it run a  64 bit Quad-core processor 1.5GHz, 2gigs of ram, Native and latest Android OS - Android 9 Pie. Someone can tell me if the DJI FLY will run on the describe tablet?

Thank you for your time
2020-1-26
Use props
Arcmanov
lvl.1
Trinidad and Tobago

Works on the Samsung Galaxy A50.
2020-1-26
Use props
djiuser_ECCh74iJ1DUX
New

United Kingdom

First drone purchase and first time I've bought anything from DJI.

Not impressed as I just seem to have bought an expensive paper weight. My phone is a Motorola G7 Power (Android 9 64 bit) . No trouble downloading the app and all seems fine except the first time I come to use it the RC says that it needs to calibrate something, which I do. However gets to 95% completed and then stops. Nothing further happens. DJI support says because my phone isn't on their recommended list there is nothing they can do.

Will be making sure I let everyone I can know about this problem and advice them not to buy DJI.
2020-1-29
Use props
eruby
lvl.3
Flight distance : 11831 ft

United States

djiuser_UIQEvtpssTVV Posted at 1-26 10:56
The problem is "Reading is fundamental", the issue is not 32 or 64bit OS's.  The problem many people have stated is DJI's only requirement is an android OS of 6 or higher.

I have a Samsung Galaxy A10e. Below are the specs for my phone but DJI Fly is still not supported on my device. No my phone is not on the list but it does have Android 9 and 64 bit processor.

Android 9.0 (Pie)
Exynos 7884
Process 14nm FinFET
Multi-core Octa
CPU (Primary) Cortex®-A73 1.6GHz Dual
CPU (Secondary) Cortex®-A53 1.6GHz Hexa
GPU Mali™-G71 MP2
Video FHD 60fps encoding and decoding
Codec HEVC (H.265), H.264 and VP8, VP9 (decoding)
Display WUXGA (1920x1200), Full HD+ (2220x1080)
Camera (Rear) 21.7MP
Camera (Front) 21.7MP
Camera (Dual) 16MP+16MP
Modem LTE Cat.12 3CA 600Mbps (DL) / Cat.13 2CA 150Mbps (UL)
Connectivity GNSS
Storage eMMC 5.1, SD 3.0
Memory LPDDR4
Application Smartphone, Tablet

The ARM Cortex-A73 is a microarchitecture implementing the ARMv8-A 64-bit instruction set designed by ARM Holdings' Sophia design centre.
2020-1-29
Use props
Visualweddings
New
Flight distance : 9160 ft
Serbia

Hello everyone. Today I got my first dron, Mavic Mini. Not tested yet, because my phone is old and I need a new one just to fly this drone. So I`m thinking about some cheap Android like Nokia 4.2 or maybe Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro. Does anyone use these phones to fly Mavic Mini?
Thank you all.
2020-1-30
Use props
Droneyal8r
lvl.1

Australia

Really?  You Buy a $500 toy drone and  still have a cheap android phone?  Yes, third party apps will catch the wave and be available, but invest a little in a new or second phone for your drones!  Do you still use 32 bit for your computers?  if you want your equipment to support the future, expect the software to be current and up-gradable... not down gradable.  Go ahead and hate this message, but buy a $500 dollar toy drone and then complain that they expect you to have current technology in your phone... return it and get your money back.  Buy a tello.

i wouldn't consider it a toy
2020-1-31
Use props
timoat
lvl.1

Sweden

Lolik12345 Posted at 2019-11-21 11:42
I'm facing same issue with mavic mini that purchased today . Can't download at all the fly app.
And if I managed to download it's can't be install.
Never fougt that the mavic mini forcing user to by more expensive phone or tablet.

I too have a note 4, what the hell? I just ordered the mini, and now i find out it wont work?
2020-2-2
Use props
djiuser_3YZIjTDstUW0
New
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2019-11-15 12:10
Hi, I am sorry for the trouble that the DJI Fly has caused. upon checking Samsung A3 is not yet listed as a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Mini and with the DJI Fly application. The said mobile device may work however we can't guarantee the stability of the said unit since it is not yet tested by DJI. For additional reference I will be posting a link ( https://www.dji.com/dji-fly#download ) where in we can check the list of the compatible devices for the DJI Mavic Mini and for the DJI Fly application. Thank you.

[view_image]

My phone, Galaxy S10+, is on your list of compatible devices. It is a 64bit phone, updated with Android 10. It still does not connect to the Mini RC. Support says "please use another device". Why should I have to buy a new phone (my phone was over $900 USD)??????? After spending $500 on the Fly More package, my phone should work. Any answers???
2020-4-3
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Flight distance : 230 ft
Canada

djiuser_3YZIjTDstUW0 Posted at 4-3 10:37
My phone, Galaxy S10+, is on your list of compatible devices. It is a 64bit phone, updated with Android 10. It still does not connect to the Mini RC. Support says "please use another device". Why should I have to buy a new phone (my phone was over $900 USD)??????? After spending $500 on the Fly More package, my phone should work. Any answers???

DJI is very, very inclined towards Apple...iPhones or iPads seem to have their utmost favor.
We Android users are like second class.
Lots of problems with Android phones and especially tablets.
Get Apple phone or tablet.
No wait on DJI to fully support Android.

Personally, I have Android and shiver at every update so that all works right...
2020-4-3
Use props
jperkmr954
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1228609 ft
United States

fans1cafe718 Posted at 4-3 10:54
DJI is very, very inclined towards Apple...iPhones or iPads seem to have their utmost favor.
We Android users are like second class.
Lots of problems with Android phones and especially tablets.

I want to get an IPad to use with mine - it's hard confirming which tablets work and do not. Also I'm not well versed with Apple, I use droid phone but I want to know so I can get a tablet as a second setup.

I was reading that the IPad Air works but I think that is the 2019 Air not the 2nd Gen which is older and cheaper to find. I might look for a Mini(Seems like the 5) But I like the larger screen of the Air
2020-4-3
Use props
reneviera
lvl.1
United States

Gu5s Posted at 2019-11-30 12:20
I do think I have took off in an "airplane mode" - not to interfere with minis 2.4 wifi comm, so yea... I don't think you need any connection to the internet for a take off.

I have a Samsung Galaxy A10e Android version9.0 and have not been able to install the APK format djiFly file. Have tried APK installer and Astro and APK Manager to no avail, all give the same message failed to install. Any recommendations, by thw way via settings allowed install from unknown sources. Thank you for your help.
Rene
2020-4-4
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

In case of a Galaxy S10+ I'd surely check twice and troubleshoot as the device is compatible and running Android 64 bit.

For a Galaxy A10e it is possibile despite the 64bit processor is running a 32bit version of the OS, thus no joy for DJI Fly.
2020-4-4
Use props
djiuser_Sl1y83ZNpZvZ
New

Finland

Does anyone know if Huawei nova 3 works with mavic mini? This list is nova 3e but no 3.
2020-4-8
Use props
jagr19
lvl.1
Flight distance : 60187 ft
Singapore

i couldnt download the dji fly app on my rooted phone but after removing xposed module and clearing storage of the google play store was able to locate and download it
seems like they set it not to be compatible with a rooted phone
2020-4-16
Use props
Bill Staves
New

United States

Ordered a mavic mini this morning. Just cancelled the order, since I found out it's not compatible with my phone moto g6 plus. If it's just a matter of the compile settings do a version for the older 32-bit phones. I'm so glad I found out before getting this in the mail - that would have been so disappointing!
2020-4-20
Use props
djiuser_lmmhIBkNjAUz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 991699 ft
Belgium

johnnysnet Posted at 2019-11-26 08:01
Good news for all Motorola users: if you're willing to get a custom firmware for your phone which is a 64 bit system, you'll be probably able to fly your drone without spending money for another phone. I did my first indoor flight yesterday with success, works pretty good. I recommend the xda developers forum as a place to go to get a 64 bit system. Can give hints about my configuration. Mavic Mini and Motorola g5s definitely works.

Hello Johnnysnet,
Can pls give some more details how you did it? I do not know how to put custom firmware in my Motorola G5s.
Thanks for responding!
Greetings,
Ronny
2020-4-21
Use props
djiuser_lmmhIBkNjAUz
lvl.2
Belgium

djiuser_KNWrg8BjhZ4g Posted at 2019-12-19 09:15
I am a Xiaomi Mi 8 user (entered in the compatible device list) with Android 9. Dji fly app can be installed but there are some menus not available. Options for 'quick shot' are missing, camera settings and video recording are also missing so I can't choose HD / 2.7K or framerate . I already used the updated firmware. What's the solution?

Hi there! Did you solved the issue or is it still acting incompletely? I want to replace my phone and buy me a Mi8 but want to be sure it will work with the mini.
2020-4-22
Use props
djiuser_lmmhIBkNjAUz
lvl.2
Belgium

Does anyone can confirm me that the Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro works with the Mini?
I also read here that 'I am a Xiaomi Mi 8 user (entered in the compatible device list) with Android 9. Dji fly app can be installed but there are some menus not available. Options for 'quick shot' are missing, camera settings and video recording are also missing so I can't choose HD / 2.7K or framerate . I already used the updated firmware. What's the solution?'  Has this been solved yet?
Thanks for helping me out!
2020-4-22
Use props
eruby
lvl.3
Flight distance : 11831 ft

United States

m80116 Posted at 4-4 12:09
For a Galaxy A10e it is possibile despite the 64bit processor is running a 32bit version of the OS, thus no joy for DJI Fly.

I too have the A10e. If you look at my post #216 above, it appears to be running the 64 bit OS unless I am reading the specs incorrectly. I'm hoping DJI will make a simple update that will work on this phone.
2020-4-22
Use props
Destry Lack
lvl.1
United States

IEdzus Posted at 2019-11-13 19:53
First of all your mobile is not supported by the Fly App, why wouldnt you check it out before purchasing to avoid such a situation. The spec's on that phone are low-medium so it bound to have issues.  
And im using the recomended phone and still having issues, these things do happen when ever a new product is released. Just give them time it will be resolved.

Most IOS phones are more compatible wth the dji products. Android pushes out more firmware updates therefore causing dji develpers to work harder on a larger scale of android devices so updates are slower. I would recommend sticking with one device that the  dji fly app works on consistantly and if an update comes across for that android device then ignore it. I watched acreview on yiutube about this same issue and the guy uses an ipad mini 4 and thev go 4 app works flawlessly on it. I have a note 8 and haven't even bought the mavic mini yet so I'm scouting around and doing my homework so i know exactly what to expect before i get it..
2020-4-22
Use props
Destry Lack
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_lmmhIBkNjAUz Posted at 4-22 05:14
Does anyone can confirm me that the Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro works with the Mini?
I also read here that 'I am a Xiaomi Mi 8 user (entered in the compatible device list) with Android 9. Dji fly app can be installed but there are some menus not available. Options for 'quick shot' are missing, camera settings and video recording are also missing so I can't choose HD / 2.7K or framerate . I already used the updated firmware. What's the solution?'  Has this been solved yet?
Thanks for helping me out!

The dji fly app is compatible with the dji mini drone only i believe?
2020-4-22
Use props
Destry Lack
lvl.1
United States

The dji fly app and dji go 4 app is a beast and needs full attention without other apps or services running so this is why low budget phones are not ideal for running an app like the go 4 and dji fly apps the dji go 4 is 124 MBs itself so you need a phone that has plenty of storage,power (quad core) or higher,  and memory for both apps to run smoothly
2020-4-22
Use props
djiuser_31VgwRojzmRa
lvl.1

New Zealand

Hi everyone,

I'm running dji mini fly app on a Xiaomi Redmi 8 and everything works fine, apart from one small issue in the editor. I can't share/export the edited video, when "generating video" starts,it jumps back to the editor.
When tried "share" icon again, editor ends to black screen.
If any one knows a possible solution, advice would be much appreciated.

Many thanks
2020-4-22
Use props
djiuser_lmmhIBkNjAUz
lvl.2
Belgium

Got my problem with the Motorola G5s solved: I bought me a second-hand Samsung Galaxy 8 which is only 6 months old. DJI Fly installed without a problem. Tomorrow I can test my Mavic Mini out, finally
I warned my DJI vendor of the problems and he added a warning on his website now, so that future buyers are informed.
2020-4-24
Use props
alcuar64
lvl.1

Peru

DJI Paladin Posted at 2019-11-18 08:28
Hi. As of the moment the DJI Fly application is the recommended software for the DJI Mavic Mini. In addition, I will forward this information to the designated DJI department for further attention. Thank you.

TAMPOCO FUNCIONA EN SAMSUNG GALAXY 7 EDGE
2020-5-8
Use props
DeadFiend
New

United States

Hello everyone, i am new to this so please bare with me. I just recently purchased the Mavic Mini and i am very eager to take my 1st flight with it. I tried to download the DJI Fly App but it is not compatible with either my Phone (Samsung J7) or my Tablet (Galaxy Tab A). Does anyone know of an app that is compatible for either one of my devices? I really don't want to return the mavic mini, that is my last resort. Thanks in advance.
2020-5-9
Use props
Andeslight
lvl.1

United States

KlooGee Posted at 2019-11-13 19:13
I'm not sure why DJI has done this, and more importantly why they haven't made it more visible.  I can understand your frustration of having already bought something and not having been notified of a potential conflict.  

However, from a purely technical standpoint as someone that has worked in the software and tech industry most of my adult life, I can 100% understand why DJI would make the move to 64bit.  It really does solve a lot of potential issues from a technical perspective and makes it a bit more future proof.  After having supported the Go 4 app on older technology, I'm sure it was beneficial for them to start fresh with a new architecture for them to be able to evolve and move forward in the future.

I have motorola G6, Android 8, 64 bit, 3gb ram, ARM cortex A53 CPU. But not compatible!
Very disappointing, I'm not getting rid of my phone. I'm canceling my order with Amazon for the Mavic Air 2.
2020-5-21
Use props
Andeslight
lvl.1

United States

DJI fly is not compatible with my motorola G6, Android 8, 64 bit, 3GB Ram. Only 2 years in the maerket. Really??
2020-5-21
Use props
Andeslight
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2019-11-15 12:10
Hi, I am sorry for the trouble that the DJI Fly has caused. upon checking Samsung A3 is not yet listed as a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Mini and with the DJI Fly application. The said mobile device may work however we can't guarantee the stability of the said unit since it is not yet tested by DJI. For additional reference I will be posting a link ( https://www.dji.com/dji-fly#download ) where in we can check the list of the compatible devices for the DJI Mavic Mini and for the DJI Fly application. Thank you.

[view_image]

So you guys want to sell new drones or just want to sell the phones in your list?
2020-5-21
Use props
jflaplante
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23829 ft
Canada

5 months later... DJI seems to have done nothing to resolve that problem.  So the choices are: buy an expensive drone, run DJI Go and use a cheap phone/table OR buy a cheap drone run DJI Fly and be forced to use a phone/tablet that is worth more than the drone itself...
2020-5-23
Use props
Mark Nicholls
New

Canada

IEdzus Posted at 2019-11-13 19:53
First of all your mobile is not supported by the Fly App, why wouldnt you check it out before purchasing to avoid such a situation. The spec's on that phone are low-medium so it bound to have issues.  
And im using the recomended phone and still having issues, these things do happen when ever a new product is released. Just give them time it will be resolved.

Oh cmon man... as if that’s something every person should know.  Get off your “know it all” high horse as if your somehow smarter than the rest of humanity.  It’s a given, in this day and age things should just work.  There’s no godly reason someone should have to “check to see if my phone is 64 bit compatible”.  We didn’t all nerd out in the 80s like you, man.
2020-6-8
Use props
djiuser_zaZFHqF3f0pV
New

United States

DJI gets a triple thumbs down. I'm an engineer...no problem understanding technical specs. Wanted to be sure my phone was compatible before I bought a Mavic Mini.  Checked their website: "Name:
DJI Fly. Required Operating System: iOS v10.0 or later, Android v6.0 or later." My phone runs Android v7.0 so I thought I was good. Made the purchase. And of course the app "is not compatible." Emailed DJI support and got this canned answer: "Following the County of Los Angeles "Safer at Home Order For Control of COVID-19" and the Executive Order from the State of California to stay at home, and in following the guidance on how to prevent the spread of COVID-19 from the California Department of Public Health, we regret to inform you that we have decided to minimize our repair operations in California. Some product repairs and shipment times are expected to be delayed or suspended. Thank you for your understanding and support." Called their telephone help line the next day. Waited 45 minutes. Finally a guy who can barely speak English evades all responsibility. Wants to blame it on me. Won't admit the website is wrong and misleading. Has no solution other than for me to purchase a new phone. Chinese company; TERRIBLE.
2020-6-8
Use props
Junior - Brazil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 476483 ft
Brazil

On the packaging, "Made for Iphone", it means that it was not made for Android, note that updates are made available for the iOS system first. But the number of users with the Android system is very large and the Android application must exist, so the "iOS" and "Android" logos appear with the respective QR code for the respective application.
The big problem is that DJI must explain that, for Android, the application works only with the 64-bit Android system, no matter if the device has a 64-bit processor, if the Android system is 32-bit (like Samsung J7, A10, A20 etc.) they only run a 32-bit application.
I know friends all over the world, various groups of users on a social network where many people have tested and put their devices on the list of "which ones work" and "which ones do not" DJI Fly and I can say that this list is much bigger than the official list from DJI. An example is the excellent blog "Cult of Drone, by Steve XU, I recommend reading mainly the technical details.
I, as an example, use a Motorola G7 plus, which works with Android 9 and even updated to Android 10, works perfectly: this is due to having 4 GB of RAM, 64 GB of memory and Android 10.

Hugs for all

2020-6-9
Use props
djiuser_zXBwf8QBmjIJ
New

Pakistan

Wooppaa...!!.
I just put an order for dji mavic mini drone and still couple of days to receive my product with " cash on delivery" option.
So excited for drone that i wish and tried to  pre- install the dji app for mavic mini . But just got message of incompatibility issue..
wawoo ..
such on a percise and perfect  time   before i can pay 500$ including tax for combo mini drone..
Thanks god.
2020-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules