Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Should I pick up the Ronin-S if I have a Canon 5D Mark III?
818 5 2019-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mattofbrown
lvl.1

United States

I'm reading mixed things about the Mark III's compatibility with the Ronin S so that's my biggest hangup; some articles are saying that DJI released a firmware update about a year ago that allows the Mark III to be compatible but some forum posts dated after those articles are talking about how it didn't really work. I was hoping someone would have some first-hand experience or additional recommendations for me.
I'd really just like something to function as a gimbal (keep my shots steady) and focus easily, I don't care about much else. Thank you in advance and apologies if this is the wrong place to ask, this is my first post here.

2019-11-13
Use props
M2Wair
Captain
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Not sure 100% if focus/record work, but heard it will record, so you'll be able to balance it for smooth footage that's for sure. The Ronin S is a great gimbal as long as you dial in the right settings it is silky smooth.
2019-11-14
Use props
Ime
First Officer
Flight distance : 57677 ft
Italy

With the cable (optional) MCC mini works, focus and start / stop video and in active photo mode the shot, as written in the manual, when you use the Ronin-S to pull focus, you
may need to switch the lens between AF and
MF to see which fits your need.
2019-11-14
Use props
mattofbrown
lvl.1

United States

Ime Posted at 11-14 04:41
With the cable (optional) MCC mini works, focus and start / stop video and in active photo mode the shot, as written in the manual, when you use the Ronin-S to pull focus, you
may need to switch the lens between AF and
MF to see which fits your need.

Thank you!
2019-11-14
Use props
fansf46a253c
lvl.3
Latvia

I use Ronin S with MARK III -- works great!
2019-11-15
Use props
mattofbrown
lvl.1

United States

fansf46a253c Posted at 11-15 00:16
I use Ronin S with MARK III -- works great!

Thanks for the input! I went ahead and ordered it. Do I need to purchase a special cable to use it with my camera, like to get the focus wheel and stuff to work? Someone mentioned something about a MCC (?) cable or something
2019-11-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules