1222 3 2019-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aerography.pt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2012687 ft
Portugal

Hello Friends,

The problem is not Ronin/DJI, the problem is Fuji SDK!

But annouced yesterday, FUJIFILM Corporation (President: Kenji Sukeno) plans to release a series of firmware updates for the FUJIFILM X-T3 (hereinafter “X-T3”), starting in mid-December 2019. The updates reflect requests of additional features and operability improvement, received from users of the X Series of mirrorless digital cameras.

The upcoming update will enable controls for video recording from Gimbal / Drone via USB communications. You can combine the X-T3 with a Gimbal / Drone that supports this function to significantly broaden your shooting options. FUJIFILM is in communication with SZ DJI Technology Col, Ltd.* and ZHIYUN** (listed in the alphabetical order) about their plan to release compatible products. Fujifilm also plans to deploy this function to the FUJIFILM X-T30 and other models. Further firmware updates in the future will bring autofocus enhancement and other improvements to the X-T3.

Main features:
■ Firmware update for the X-T3, due to be released in December 2019
Firmware version: FUJIFILM X-T3(Ver. 3.10)

Gimbal / Drone support***

This firmware adds the following function to complement the current support for still image shooting via USB communications:

-Starting and ending video recording
-Adjusting exposure settings (exposure mode, shutter speed, aperture, ISO sensitivity, exposure compensation) for video recording
-Making manual focus adjustments

2019-11-14
Use props
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

This is good news.  You are correct, Fuji SDK does not support record on/off via USB.  But, DJI could have provided a record on/ff via 2.5 mm jack like they did for the Ronin SC as a stop gap..  Wonder how long it will take DJI to implement record on/off via USB?  Based on DJI's track record it will probably take over a year.  In fact, I would bet Zhiyun implements before DJI.  Count me as one who is extremely disappointed with DJI as a company.
2019-11-15
Use props
JacobACrocker
lvl.1
United States

Excited for this. I hope that DJI updates the Ronin S quickly to support the X-T3's video functionality. Lets at least give them a chance.
2019-11-15
Use props
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

JacobACrocker Posted at 11-15 19:38
Excited for this. I hope that DJI updates the Ronin S quickly to support the X-T3's video functionality. Lets at least give them a chance.

Why?  They have already shown themselves as a company that never misses an opportunity to disappoint.  Read the threads on this forum on this topic and others.  How many issues are resolved?  Answer.  None.
2019-11-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules