Android APK version 1.0.1
Samsung A3 2017 SM-A320FL (Andorid 8.0),  NO - failed at end of installation
Samsung A9 SM-A920F (Android 8.0) OK

2019-11-14
Use props
djiuser_zSymHkL4NBMk
lvl.1

France

Same with me here : A3 2017 on android 8.0.0.
I believe it is because the app is only 64-bit android compatible, and the A3 has a 32-bit android.

I tried contacting the support, they can't tell if a 32-bit version will ever be released...

I'll do some research on my end, maybe wait for a Litchi compatible version, but I'll keep an eye on DJI's website for future releases.
2019-11-14
Use props
emaneg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1591 ft
Italy

I understand that dji go release 4 works well on every phone (I presume the app is 32-bit) and on high end drones, except  the Mini; the dji go release 5 (aka fly) works just for Mini and requires 64-bit android os. Right?

Why dji folks are not upgrading (or enabling) the go 4 to operate with Mini, overcoming the 64-bit issue?
2019-11-14
Use props
radekne
lvl.1

Poland

So only 64 bit? Thanks for the tip.
2019-11-14
Use props
djiuser_zSymHkL4NBMk
lvl.1

France

emaneg Posted at 11-14 03:31
I understand that dji go release 4 works well on every phone (I presume the app is 32-bit) and on high end drones, except  the Mini; the dji go release 5 (aka fly) works just for Mini and requires 64-bit android os. Right?

Why dji folks are not upgrading (or enabling) the go 4 to operate with Mini, overcoming the 64-bit issue?
Yup, apparently only the Fly app is the ONLY DJI app not available on 32b os...

I believe they're not using Go 4 because they don't want ro carry old unused packages for the next generation of drones (my own opinion, though...)

But it's a shame to reduce compatibility for an app that is supposed to be "simplified"...

I just REALLY hope they will release a compatible app in the future... For now, my brand new Mavic Mini is grounded...
2019-11-14
Use props
Juliflash
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2923 ft

Spain

djiuser_zSymHkL4NBMk Posted at 11-14 04:03
Yup, apparently only the Fly app is the ONLY DJI app not available on 32b os...

I believe they're not using Go 4 because they don't want ro carry old unused packages for the next generation of drones (my own opinion, though...)

That was exactly my point originally when I made the post on iPhone 5S, if its "simplyfied" I dont see why it wouldn´t work, also since bigger DJI products worked with older devices not that long ago.
2019-11-14
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

djiuser_zSymHkL4NBMk Posted at 11-14 04:03
Yup, apparently only the Fly app is the ONLY DJI app not available on 32b os...

If you open the apk file you see most of Go4 inside.
Even some of the error message include the Go4 name.
2019-11-14
Use props
Faudgie
lvl.1

France

G_Sig Posted at 11-14 10:10
If you open the apk file you see most of Go4 inside.
Even some of the error message include the Go4 name.

True.
And when you look into the /lib folder, you'll only see the arm64-v8a folder, which are the only libraries, made for for the 64-bit ARM processors...
2019-11-14
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Faudgie Posted at 11-14 10:33
True.
And when you look into the /lib folder, you'll only see the arm64-v8a folder, which are the only libraries, made for for the 64-bit ARM processors... :'(

Was that the same in the first Dji Go which worked on these devices
and was used for the test group or was it changed in V2?
Have deleted the first download on my tablet.
2019-11-14
Use props
HeirFlick
lvl.2

United Kingdom

So those not on the approved phone list are sat at home with a £500 paper weight and looking at the outcry can DJI please make an official statement on how they are going to fix this. It apparently involves an awful lot of people.
2019-11-14
Use props
Faudgie
lvl.1

France

G_Sig Posted at 11-14 12:28
Was that the same in the first Dji Go which worked on these devices
and was used for the test group or was it changed in V2?
Have deleted the first download on my tablet.

I have no idea...

All I can say is that :
  • The latest versions for both DJI Go and DJI Go 4 have both /lib/arm64-v8a (for 64-bit ARM processors) and /lib/armeabi-v7a (for 32-bit ARM processors).
  • The latest version of DJI Fly (v1.0.1) ONLY has /lib/arm64-v8a (for 64-bit ARM processors), so no compatibility with 32-bit processors, regardless of their Android version number.

That keeps giving me hope that they'll update those libraries in the near future.

I've seen that a very simple line of code in Android studio would solve those issues quite easily by compiling both libraries at the same time, but I doubt it would be as straight-forward for DJI app, since they're probably building their own libraries...

Please, DJI, what's the update ?...
I can't wait to fly my MM !...
2019-11-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day radekne. Thank you for sharing these information with regards to the DJI Fly supported devices. For additional reference I will be posting a link where in you can check the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic Mini. Thank you.

2019-11-15
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

The app is not compatible with this Samsung SM-T710/T713/T715/T719 Galaxy Tab S2 device
2019-11-15
Use props
Juliflash
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2923 ft

Spain

When I originally asked about iPhone 5S, simply beacuse it allowed me to install the App with no problem, some users commented the typical "well your phone uses a very old technology you cannot pretend new Apps to work with very old technology" even though I don´t think is really such an old technology... I felt somehow I was one of the few with this issues...

However seeing now how people have relatively new technology, either iPads, Android using 32Bit, or even like Windows 10 tablets (with plenty of pòwer), and still cannot use the App, something is gonna need to be said from DJI part.

I wish I could afford/justify the latest iPhone, but I can´t and I would guess 99% of the technology needed to fly the drone it should be already inside the drone + controller, and the phone is simply a feedback screen of the drone camera and some sort of "remote" to send commands from the app in to the Aircraft.
2019-11-15
Use props
HeirFlick
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-15 09:26
Hello and good day radekne. Thank you for sharing these information with regards to the DJI Fly supported devices. For additional reference I will be posting a link where in you can check the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic Mini. Thank you.

[view_image]

This does not help the mass of people sat at home with a drone they can not fly Is it to much to ask DJI what they are going to do to help the people with a new drone and no way of flying. Our store has now had over 60 attempted returns because of this APP problem. Its terrible on our reputation and bad PR for the company DJI.
2019-11-15
Use props
Alamoflyer
lvl.2

United States

HeirFlick Posted at 11-15 11:55
This does not help the mass of people sat at home with a drone they can not fly Is it to much to ask DJI what they are going to do to help the people with a new drone and no way of flying. Our store has now had over 60 attempted returns because of this APP problem. Its terrible on our reputation and bad PR for the company DJI.

This drone is the least expensive Drone from DJI. So they should expect the customers to also have cheaper phones. We don't have Iphone 11's etc. We are cheap.. cheap drone cheap phone. I have a LG Xpression Plus 2 and the "App Not Installed" error happens. The phone is brand new (lol) and has Android  8.1. Sounds like 32 bit version does not exist. So Let me get this straight you wanted to market a cheaper drone but it's gonna require the top end phones? But it works on a some 8 year old phones but not this Brand NEW phone with Current Androind OS? Come on now fix it quickly my drone arrives tomorrow or I'll be on youtube creating complaint video.
2019-11-15
Use props
Alamoflyer
lvl.2

United States

Alamoflyer Posted at 11-15 12:17
This drone is the least expensive Drone from DJI. So they should expect the customers to also have cheaper phones. We don't have Iphone 11's etc. We are cheap.. cheap drone cheap phone. I have a LG Xpression Plus 2 and the "App Not Installed" error happens. The phone is brand new (lol) and has Android  8.1. Sounds like 32 bit version does not exist. So Let me get this straight you wanted to market a cheaper drone but it's gonna require the top end phones? But it works on a some 8 year old phones but not this Brand NEW phone with Current Androind OS? Come on now fix it quickly my drone arrives tomorrow or I'll be on youtube creating complaint video.

Just noticed my phone is 64 bit after looking it up MediaTek. Octa Core
2019-11-15
Use props
Alamoflyer
lvl.2

United States

So I get the "App Not Installed" error trying to install from the link provided by DJI support.
My phone is LG Xpression Plus 2 updated to Android 9. CPU is Mediatek Helio P22 8 core 64 bit, ATT network. Makes no sense as to why it would not work.
2019-11-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

HeirFlick Posted at 11-15 11:55
This does not help the mass of people sat at home with a drone they can not fly Is it to much to ask DJI what they are going to do to help the people with a new drone and no way of flying. Our store has now had over 60 attempted returns because of this APP problem. Its terrible on our reputation and bad PR for the company DJI.

Hi, I am sorry the trouble this has caused. Rest assured that I will be cascading this this information to designated DJI department for further attention and a swift resolution. In addition, rest assured that our DJI R&D team  are continuously testing mobile device to be added on the existing list. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.
2019-11-15
Use props
Knapweed
lvl.3
Canada

I have an iPhone 4 as my cell because it's tiny and has a very low battery drain but I realised it wasn't going to be any good with the Mini. I looked at all the compatible phones and went for the Huawei Honor 8X at $183US or $248CA on their respective Amazon sites. I have to say, I am blown away with it. 4GB RAM and 64GB DATA and, as far as I can tell, no issues at all with the DJI Fly app. If, like me, you don't have a phone that will run the software and have to buy a new one, I would certainly consider the Huawei. It's a beast for the price.
2019-11-15
Use props
Alamoflyer
lvl.2

United States

Knapweed Posted at 11-15 16:39
I have an iPhone 4 as my cell because it's tiny and has a very low battery drain but I realised it wasn't going to be any good with the Mini. I looked at all the compatible phones and went for the Huawei Honor 8X at $183US or $248CA on their respective Amazon sites. I have to say, I am blown away with it. 4GB RAM and 64GB DATA and, as far as I can tell, no issues at all with the DJI Fly app. If, like me, you don't have a phone that will run the software and have to buy a new one, I would certainly consider the Huawei. It's a beast for the price.

Starting to think it requires 4GB ram. If so they should say it instead of this guessing game and error message with no information.
2019-11-15
Use props
fans652d5e63
lvl.2
Canada

This is really weird...when Dji fly app has been released, it shown ''compatible'' with my galaxy S6 android 6.0.1.... Today I see the mention '' not compatible with your phone '' on play store... What's the story ?
2019-11-15
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

app works on ipad mini 3
2019-11-15
Use props
fans652d5e63
lvl.2
Canada

I forgot: galaxy S6 has  android 64bits version and a 64bits CPU ARM (shown with antutu). And my device is rooted...
2019-11-15
Use props
HeirFlick
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Alamoflyer Posted at 11-15 12:17
This drone is the least expensive Drone from DJI. So they should expect the customers to also have cheaper phones. We don't have Iphone 11's etc. We are cheap.. cheap drone cheap phone. I have a LG Xpression Plus 2 and the "App Not Installed" error happens. The phone is brand new (lol) and has Android  8.1. Sounds like 32 bit version does not exist. So Let me get this straight you wanted to market a cheaper drone but it's gonna require the top end phones? But it works on a some 8 year old phones but not this Brand NEW phone with Current Androind OS? Come on now fix it quickly my drone arrives tomorrow or I'll be on youtube creating complaint video.

I had 3 expensive I phones 2 broke within weeks and one I caught Apple being naughty with  it. I then bought a inexpensive LG K10 new for £150 in 2017. Two and a half years later it has not missed a beat and has done everything I have asked of it. In the world of must have the latest and greatest the Mini was bought with the idea of my son who is eleven having his first drone because he wanted one like his dad. I already use a Mavic Pro 2 and a Mavic Pro Platinum for my work with a Samsung Phone. This LG phone  I was going to give to my lad. It was Android 8 it is software V20 and Is like new as I look after my equipment. No where did I read the mini only works with certain phones for the first three weeks it was ordered and then the day before the Drones release I out the phone restrictions and also found out on a few network forums that many others are in the same place as me with the Mini. It is a Christmas present so I have a few weeks but the fact DJI never told us the limitations to start with as my drone was pre ordered long before the App was released and that they have not made any statement on resolving the issue does not fill me with hope. I am certainly not forking out another £400 quid just to find a compatable phone. You see why I am slightly annoyed.
2019-11-16
Use props
Alamoflyer
lvl.2

United States

HeirFlick Posted at 11-16 08:43
I had 3 expensive I phones 2 broke within weeks and one I caught Apple being naughty with  it. I then bought a inexpensive LG K10 new for £150 in 2017. Two and a half years later it has not missed a beat and has done everything I have asked of it. In the world of must have the latest and greatest the Nini was bought with the idea of my son who is eleven having his first drone because he wanted one like his dad. I already use a Mavic Pro 2 and a Mavic Pro Platinum for my work with a I Samsung Phone. This phone the LG I was going to give to my lad. It was Android 8 it is software V20 and Is like new as I look after my equipment. No where did I read the mini only works with certain phones and quickly found out on a few network forums that many others are in the same place as me with the Mini. It is a Christmas present so I have a few weeks but the fact DJI never told us the limitations to start with as my drone was pre ordered long before the App was released and that they have not made any statement on resolving the issue does not fill me with hope. I am certainly not forking out another £400 quid just to find a compatable phone. You see why I am slightly annoyed.

The app seems to require at least 3GB Ram. Wish they would just say so instead of this business about showing a small list with no reason as to why many phones don't work with fly.  DJI is hurting themself with a "budget drone" only flyable with "high end phone". When they had meetings about this didn't they realize to match the price of the drone (cheap) to the phones (cheap phones)?
2019-11-16
Use props
OceanSoftwash
lvl.1
Canada

I tried LG K4, Moto E5 and they dont even download the app.

Pixel2XL installs app but does not connect to controller. Doesn't work.
I did not expect such problems to have with a DJI Drone.
Very disappointing.
2019-11-16
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TruGreen Posted at 11-15 18:29
app works on ipad mini 3

Does it work properly or is it just the phone app stretched and hence have a border etc

2019-11-16
Use props
MaTiCeK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 545236 ft
Slovenia

I have a problem connecting my Samsung Galaxy S10 + to the remote control. Despite being plugged and turned on, it doesn't connect to the remote. The phone is officially supported, yet it doesn’t work. DJI please fix this!
2019-11-17
Use props
djiuser_CQwbe59sZ0su
lvl.1

Israel

I have the Xiaomi redmi 6A with Mediatek MT6761 Helio A22. It's 64bit but I still can't run the dji fly app. on this phone. Maybe it's because of the 2GB memory..
2019-11-17
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 11-16 23:56
Does it work properly or is it just the phone app stretched and hence have a border etc

it shrinks or expands via some arrows in the lower right corner

2019-11-17
Use props
Mini User
lvl.4
Flight distance : 416854 ft
Germany

Works fine with Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite 3GB RAM, ARMv8 64 Bit Processor.
no working image transmission, after booting first time.

Hopefully it will stay supported and not destroyed with a new update
2019-11-17
Use props
miniger
lvl.2
Germany

This is the setting screen @iPad Mini 3 . Like flight screen , full res is not supported. Anyways, for my eyes better than iPhone 6 on the list.

But take care, iOS doesnt support RTH options (hover,land) and resets the RTH return to 15m after Reset / Power off.

2019-11-17
Use props
imagecam
lvl.1

Romania

Not working with Samsung J6 2018 with 3GB Ram.
I will return the Mini !
2019-11-17
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

miniger Posted at 11-17 02:32
This is the setting screen @iPad Mini 3 . Like flight screen , full res is not supported. Anyways, for my eyes better than iPhone 6 on the list.

[view_image]

Reset promised to correct the new version, next week.
2019-11-17
Use props
djiuser_f1qEQatHsKbC
lvl.2

Portugal

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-15 16:25
Hi, I am sorry the trouble this has caused. Rest assured that I will be cascading this this information to designated DJI department for further attention and a swift resolution. In addition, rest assured that our DJI R&D team  are continuously testing mobile device to be added on the existing list. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.

Thanks - but this situation should have been entirely predictable shouldn't it? It seems like DJI would rather get the drone out sooner, inconveniencing probably thousands of people, than hold off until they get the software to work on a wider range of phones.

I'll be returning my Mini - who's going to compensate me for wasted time and inconvenience? (Not to mention fuel - I traveled 300km to pick up the drone). And now it will cost me another couple of hours to return it.  Not a fan of DJI right now.
2019-11-17
Use props
djiuser_1SQVzcQCV4is
lvl.1

Turkey

Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 pro, even it has 64bit CPU with android 6, no luck...
2019-11-17
Use props
fansce29ca51
lvl.1

France

i have tested with success the samsung galaxie A20E. Only indoor for the moment.
2019-11-17
Use props
Gu5s
lvl.3
Flight distance : 284728 ft
Czechia

djiuser_1SQVzcQCV4is Posted at 11-17 11:05
Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 pro, even it has 64bit CPU with android 6, no luck...

Yea, the problem is that although these smartphones do have 64 bit CPU, the ROM (OS) is running 32bit version - majorly. (The same case for my 1year old Xiaomi phone, with 8cores and 4G of RAM) - but "zoinks, we are gonna do a dumb move, that we have not thought through (compiling only 64bit version of app) in the name of progress, because 'who even uses armv7a phones?', am'iright?" - Well i'd at least 50% of people interested in budget drones...
2019-11-17
Use props
PercyJackson
lvl.2
Flight distance : 266 ft
Bulgaria

Work without any problems on Redmi Note 7 - confirmed.
2019-11-17
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules