Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Mini video vibration/shake
8685 17 2019-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Guorium
Captain
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

Hi Pilots and Admin,

I got stablization issue from a couple flights. Always shot in 2.7k 30fps with Sandisk extreme card. The videos sometimes appear shaky (vibrating left and right). This happens when shooting in P mode. I suspect it is caused by wind (it was blowing at about 20kph). Cinesmooth mode seems to remove it when I did an identicle flight route in the same flight.
Just wonder if this occured to you and is there any remedy?
Thank you!

UPDATE: A number of peopel on youtube including me encountered this annoying problem. No solution from DJI so far. See my video for example

2019-11-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Can you post an example?
2019-11-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Can you please try to perform an IMU and gimbal calibration to see if the problem persists? Also, if you could provide us a video sample showing the problem for us to further isolate the issue. Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2019-11-14
Use props
Guorium
Captain
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-14 08:40
Hi, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Can you please try to perform an IMU and gimbal calibration to see if the problem persists? Also, if you could provide us a video sample showing the problem for us to further isolate the issue. Please keep us posted. Thank you!

C mode Wind from top left to bottom right
P mode Wind from bottom right to top left

Please see the too videos shot back to back at the altitude and location. In P mode it seems to randomly do this shaky thing. I found this out flying this for the first time out of the box 2 days ago. Then I calibrated IMU and gimbal. I then shot the two videos above to show it is still occuring.

Lag at 7s and 9s
The video becomes choppy (not smooth) when around 7s and 9s of the footage. Appears to occur randomly... This was done in P mode and shortly after the first two videos in this post.

UPDATE: After day 2 of flying I did gimbal and IMU caliberation again and this Friday's flight had no vibrations when the same flight path was taken. Wind condition was very similar. I will report back if this happens again. The laggy video mistery is solved. The video player was no good. I played it back on iphone and native windows 10 player and no lagginess there.
2019-11-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Guorium Posted at 11-14 14:22
C mode Wind from top left to bottom right
P mode Wind from bottom right to top left

Hi, thank you for the additional information and we're glad that you already manage to fix the problem. If the issue will occur again, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you!
2019-11-15
Use props
Guorium
Captain
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-15 14:59
Hi, thank you for the additional information and we're glad that you already manage to fix the problem. If the issue will occur again, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you!

It happened again today. Check this link out. P mode vibration
It is starting to get annoying without a proper explanation.  The wind wasn't even strong at just 13kph. There must be some gimbal issue here. Looks like it is shaking around the roll axis. It happens so often I find it hard to believe the pre-release testers did not encounter and report this. Perhaps the release day firmware is the cause of this.

Today 18 Nov I tested this again and it happened again... The footage is on youtube

I am also not alone. See these other youtube videos!

2019-11-17
Use props
Guorium
Captain
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-15 14:59

Can you see my post above? The problem is not an isolated case.
2019-11-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Guorium Posted at 11-17 06:17
It happened again today. Check this link out. P mode vibration
It is starting to get annoying without a proper explanation.  The wind wasn't even strong at just 13kph. There must be some gimbal issue here. Looks like it is shaking around the roll axis. It happens so often I find it hard to believe the pre-release testers did not encounter and report this. Perhaps the release day firmware is the cause of this.

Hi, thank you for the additional information provided. I do apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused. The best thing that we can advise you right now for us to fix the problem is to send the unit to us for further diagnostics. You may refer to the link below. Please note that DJI can only perform data analysis for units falling within the warranty period; otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank you for your understanding and support!

https://www.dji.com/support
2019-11-21
Use props
Guorium
Captain
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-21 16:18
Hi, thank you for the additional information provided. I do apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused. The best thing that we can advise you right now for us to fix the problem is to send the unit to us for further diagnostics. You may refer to the link below. Please note that DJI can only perform data analysis for units falling within the warranty period; otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank you for your understanding and support!

https://www.dji.com/support

You could at least let the engineer know about the issue and see if it is a firmware bug... I can have it replaced by my authorised dealer if I want to but i am not in a rush as it is not happening often enough to make the drone totally unusable. If an update of the firmware fixes the issue I would happily hang on to it til the fix comes.
2019-11-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Guorium Posted at 11-21 16:55
You could at least let the engineer know about the issue and see if it is a firmware bug... I can have it replaced by my authorised dealer if I want to but i am not in a rush as it is not happening often enough to make the drone totally unusable. If an update of the firmware fixes the issue I would happily hang on to it til the fix comes.

Hi, thank you for the additional information. As per your request, I will forward this concern of yours to our designated department for them to review the videos also your issue. I will surely provide you a solution once we hear from them. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
2019-11-22
Use props
fans40b37fa0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 391909 ft
Russia

Just got my Mini (US-version MR1SS5) and discovered the same trouble.
Temperature about minus 7 celsium, wind 5 m/s.
Gimbal is ok for the first 30-40 secnds and after that I've experienced hard shaking all the time.
There is no trouble indoor (because of either temperature or wind).
2019-11-23
Use props
fans40b37fa0
lvl.1
Russia

And here is the temporary solution fo the problem

2019-11-23
Use props
Guorium
Captain
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-22 14:30
Hi, thank you for the additional information. As per your request, I will forward this concern of yours to our designated department for them to review the videos also your issue. I will surely provide you a solution once we hear from them. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

More gimbal issue.

2019-11-25
Use props
fans40b37fa0
lvl.1
Russia

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-22 14:30
Hi, thank you for the additional information. As per your request, I will forward this concern of yours to our designated department for them to review the videos also your issue. I will surely provide you a solution once we hear from them. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

So guys.
Further investigation of the problem showed that the thing is not directly related to the ambient temperature. This is also confirmed by the videos in this topic, which are made in Australia in the summer.

The problem with jello is in excessive daylight, and only in it. The camera automatically and excessively increases the shutter speed, which leads to a blurred picture and, theoretically, can be partially corrected by the use of ND-filters. But such kind of behavior isn't acceptable for sure.

I would like DJI representatives to carefully analyze the details that have been said, and the forum participants to conduct additional tests and make sure that in low light conditions the problem of video jitter is absent.

We all need a fast solution for this critical bug and a response from a DJI representative first
2019-11-25
Use props
fans40b37fa0
lvl.1
Russia

And today's flying showed the same thing I told yesterday above: no sun, no increased shutter speed, no jello.
So there is no way to use the drone in bright sun conditions for video recording.
Sad but true.
2019-11-26
Use props
tysonfromcanada
lvl.1

Canada

I have the same problem, most prevalent on very cold days, seems to settle down when it warms up or inside
2019-12-1
Use props
GonEbal
lvl.1
United States

I have the same problem. It was my first time flying the Mavic mini and video was shaking. I'm upset, should I return it or wait for an update?
2020-1-5
Use props
Guorium
Captain
Australia

GonEbal Posted at 1-5 12:19
I have the same problem. It was my first time flying the Mavic mini and video was shaking. I'm upset, should I return it or wait for an update?

For me it was definitely a faulty unit. The replacement worked fine. I recommend replacing it!
2020-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules