619 4 2019-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have just bought my Mavic Mini and I live in a no fly zone. I would like to test it by just hopping up a few feet but it wont let me take off as I live in a No fly Zone. Is there no easy way to unlock this so I can fly a little ?
2019-11-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

If you can fly it indoors there is a change it wont acquire satellites, otherwise unless they offer you an unlock option you wont be able to fly there.
2019-11-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out. I will highly recommend you to coordinate this concern about unlocking a zone on a specific location at flysafe@dji.com for further assistance. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2019-11-14
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 11-14 05:52
If you can fly it indoors there is a change it wont acquire satellites, otherwise unless they offer you an unlock option you wont be able to fly there.

How does one get an unlock option...…. I am starting to regret getting this Drone.... App don't work on Ipad and now this nonsense...… DJI you have let yourself down with this one
2019-11-14
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looks like some joy might be on the horizon

Got this from DJI Flysafe

Thank you for your email and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you for your support in Mavic Mini. We will launch a new version of the aircraft firmware and DJI Fly App in late December to support unlock the no-fly zone. Please pay attention to the official announcement. Thank you for your understanding and support.

If you have any further question, please feel free to contact us. We're always here to help.
Thanks for supporting DJI.

I think it is clear this App was rushed out
2019-11-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules