Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Mini loss of signal
12Next >
34111 50 2019-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
info
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2618 ft
United Kingdom

I live in a country village in the UK with good reception, and have had several DJI quadcopters which have all flown perfectly around my home area. However I've just bought a Mavic Mini which has been updated to the latest firmware, but on reaching a height of 30 meters (immediately above the take-off point) I get a 'weak signal' message, and then at 35 meters a 'loss of signal' message. I've tried adjusting the antennae but no joy. This is frightening! Anyone else experienced this and have ideas about a solution?
2019-11-14
Use props
Neroangelo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7441 ft
United Kingdom

I got that in a park yesterday and it brought me reminders of the Spark I had. Because the Fly app doesnt work with my android phone I am using my iPad mini. I went out today with a different cable and that seemed to give me a clear signal although...i noticed the signal breaks up if coming within 150 feet of a farm which makes me wonder if it is  WIFI interference problem with certain Wifi routers. Not something you get with Occusync!
2019-11-14
Use props
tshansen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 569820 ft
Norway

I have some of the same issues as you! My drone keeps losing signal or get week signal within 20 to 100m. It’s Brand new,
2019-12-24
Use props
fansef4ae8a7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 19885 ft
United States

My Mini flew fine at my house and a few other locations. I went to a park the other day and I kept losing signal not even a feet away. I landed and went somewhere else where it flew fine.

I assumed some sort of interference from some sort of radio device nearby.

Do you get signal loss everywhere you try to fly or just one particular location?
2019-12-24
Use props
Aaron Tan (YY)
New

Malaysia

i have the same problem too
After 60m keep losing signal and total lost signal more than 120m
2020-1-2
Use props
TECHNOZON
lvl.2
Flight distance : 179993 ft
Ukraine

The same problem.

Losing signal in 100 metres.

In Service Center said that i have to change flying area and drone don't have technical problems.
BUT ON OPEN PLANES OUTSIDE CITY THE SAME PROBLEMS.
2020-1-3
Use props
Bright Spark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

TECHNOZON Posted at 1-3 01:00
The same problem.

Losing signal in 100 metres.

Hi, mine varies quite a bit too, but orientating the antennae usually helps, but not necessarily instantly.
I believe airplane mode is a must.
I  presume (hope ) the signal that is lost is the video feed, and not the rc’s.
But I didn’t buy it to set distance records. Usually get 200 metres or so which is really out of sight, and more than enough for photo work.
2020-1-3
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

You guys using phone in airplane mode? apple watch?

I live in rural area but with big antennas, never had a signal weak or loss, but I never fly over 300m distance.
2020-1-3
Use props
emaneg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1591 ft
Italy

are the RC antennas pointing towards the drone, above your head? This is the worst relative position of the two to ensure propoer communication
2020-1-3
Use props
TECHNOZON
lvl.2
Ukraine

No one official answer for our issue questions
2020-1-4
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

I'm living in the shrub, villages all around me and I made it up to 1.2 km. RTH was once initiated after 660m but that was because I nearly pulled out the form the RC BY mistake
2020-1-4
Use props
Anandb316
lvl.3
Flight distance : 54570 ft
United Kingdom

I am having similar issues where the RC signal is lost when the drone reaches 20-30 meters away and it then initiates RTH. Other times it is having issues connecting to RC at all. Updated to latest firmware yesterday.
2020-1-4
Use props
TECHNOZON
lvl.2
Ukraine

InspektorGadjet Posted at 1-3 03:13

I live in rural area but with big antennas, never had a signal weak or loss, but I never fly over 300m distance.

In Airplane mode... Without watches. more than 50 km to nearest wifi router....

AND AFTER 30 METRES LOSING CONNECTION... hundreds people writing about that issue and NO ONE OFFICIAL ANSWER FROM DJI
2020-1-4
Use props
Padme
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35384 ft
Hungary

The antennas are at the feet of the drone. (See pics)
2020-1-4
Use props
Padme
lvl.1
Hungary

The antennas are at the feet of the drone. (See pics) https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_PLke0VmZc0yMKgkpE9B7HiYIP23LD_F/view?usp=sharing The Signal is not good when the drone is over the remote controller. Read the user manual for optimal position. But it is true. We hava a big problems with Mini (global problems). After 1-2 months the drone is wrong. Always lost the signal. We was talking with the local service and they says: It is global problem with mini. . The transmitter in the drone overheats over time and slowly but surely dies. Sry my bad eng. but my hand was damaged. See all forums of the world. It is not a simple problems.
2020-1-4
Use props
Padme
lvl.1
Hungary

Sry.  I have a bad day. :/
2020-1-4
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Padme Posted at 1-4 13:28
The antennas are at the feet of the drone. (See pics) https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_PLke0VmZc0yMKgkpE9B7HiYIP23LD_F/view?usp=sharing The Signal is not good when the drone is over the remote controller. Read the user manual for optimal position. But it is true. We hava a big problems with Mini (global problems). After 1-2 months the drone is wrong. Always lost the signal. We was talking with the local service and they says: It is global problem with mini. . The transmitter in the drone overheats over time and slowly but surely dies. Sry my bad eng. but my hand was damaged. See all forums of the world. It is not a simple problems.

Interesting point on the drone transmitter overheat, I can see this could happen as the mini does not have a fan like the other Mavic series drones to cool it down

I can't be sure but the quality of the Mini build doesn't seem up to the build quality of the MP, MPP and Air  

2020-1-4
Use props
TECHNOZON
lvl.2
Ukraine

So. Today we tested range. If in area exist one Wi-Fi router on 2.4 Ghz Mavic mini just won't work and dropped connection in 30 metres. If you are in deep area without any points of wifi 2.4 it could work. 500 M alt and around 800 metres.... BUT IF I TURNING ON WI FI POINT IN MY CAR.... ))) MAVIC LOSING CONNECTION. I think this issue wit 1-13 channels in 2.4 range. Mavic 2 pro in the same place and same time on 2.4 rang works ABSOLUTELY FINE. 500 m Alt and 4000-5000 range....

DJI HOW TO FIX MY MINI???? STOP SILENT ABOUT THIS PROBLEM
2020-1-5
Use props
djiuser_g8O9DERTrpe1
New

Ukraine

I purchased my mini in mid December. First takeoff and it looses connection 15m above me. Several other attempts and the same reaction. I decided I messed something in settings, but no. All my attempts in 3 different locations and it looses signal in 20-30m.

And one case yesterday was really disturbing. Around 40m above me (distance from helipad was approx 10m away) it lost connection and instead of returning back it started to fly in circles on very high speed and the diameter of his circles were approx 20m. He fly so on his own, I did not touch any stick. And in 30 sec he finally caught the signal and I managed to land it. Don’t even want to try it again! Will sell this ...!
2020-1-7
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

TECHNOZON Posted at 1-4 13:11
In Airplane mode... Without watches. more than 50 km to nearest wifi router....

AND AFTER 30 METRES LOSING CONNECTION... hundreds people writing about that issue and NO ONE OFFICIAL ANSWER FROM DJI

DJI usually doesn't say anything, lets hope they are working hard on it and a FW upgrade is coming very very soon, also drops from the sky are being reported by many users with no response.
2020-1-8
Use props
SveinDJI
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1273379 ft
Norway

First flight with my Mini today, tried 670m away. Still full connection and no lagging. Used manual and picked 2.4ghz, waited a minute or two to see which channel had no interference and chose one that was low and green.
2020-1-8
Use props
pedulianak
lvl.1

Indonesia

same problem here, losing connection on 49 meters. While my Spark is going up to 300 meters without any problems on the same location!
2020-2-12
Use props
Frank13011
lvl.4
  • >>>
Indonesia

Ah ok so it isn't just me having this problem... Even more annoying when you go on holiday and it's less usable than the previous drone you owned ( DJI spark ) lol

Works well in open areas with nothing around but as noted as soon as there is any WiFi at all it goes wild and throws errors up
2020-2-13
Use props
Frank13011
lvl.4
  • >>>
Indonesia

Given how long it took for the android issue to be fixed it looks like there is no solution other than to use another of their products or wait until MAYBE something is changed in the firmware but may never happen
2020-2-13
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have had no problems with height with either of my two Minis, at least up to 70 meters directly overhead anyway. But then this is for 5.8 GHz and I think we have more available power in the US?
2020-2-13
Use props
Braden Turner
New

New Zealand

I flew mine the other day out 1000m no problem at all .
Then went some where else 320m lost signal
2020-2-14
Use props
Braden Turner
New

New Zealand

I flew mine the other day and got to 320m lost signal.
Then went some where else 1000m no problems at all and would of kept going further
2020-2-14
Use props
djiuser_YO13uRLGGabw
New
Flight distance : 75 ft

Indonesia

hello everyone, I also have the same problem. I can't fly my dji mavic mini more than 30 meters. if it reaches 30 meters the signal is immediately cut off. please direct me
2020-2-23
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

I suggest you check the Transmission folder in the DJI Fly app menu.

You may find that the MM is using a 2.4 GHz when effectively all of them are pretty busy, if not in the immediate surrounding that might happen on the air once clear of the obstacles around.

Manually pick the cleanest channel. You can also poll the spectrum with a Wi-Fi app analyzer or send the MM itself next to where you start having problems, verify the Frequency and Channel Mode there, land and manually select a channel. In the city 5.8 GHz might be a better option but you should ALWAYS maintain vLoS (visual Line of Sight).
2020-2-23
Use props
djiuser_YO13uRLGGabw
New
Flight distance : 75 ft

Indonesia

m80116 Posted at 2-23 13:28
I suggest you check the Transmission folder in the DJI Fly app menu.

You may find that the MM is using a 2.4 GHz when effectively all of them are pretty busy, if not in the immediate surrounding that might happen on the air once clear of the obstacles around.

Thanks for your help
2020-2-24
Use props
Cobbletz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 131135 ft
United States

Same issue here but i got this on first release and was not an issue . I found this Didnt happen until fw updates. I thought it was my phantom suit but not the case as antennas are in the legs . No idea if this is true but just what i noticed . That it was great not not so much

2020-3-3
Use props
djiuser_0sgxjHcHxShq
New

Thailand

I have exactly the same
2020-3-8
Use props
Capt.Aid
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23612 ft
Malaysia

Hi Inspt Gadjet, may i know what do you mean apple watch
2020-3-11
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

Capt.Aid Posted at 3-11 18:12
Hi Inspt Gadjet, may i know what do you mean apple watch

Hello,
I simple Google search delivers results: https://www.apple.com/watch/

Other brands make them too, basically is a "smart watch", some only for sports and stuff, but others more advanced, they connect with your phone using wifi or other wireless signals and can affect your radio controller a lot, since its close and it gets in confilct with Mini wifi signal.

Hope it helps.
2020-3-12
Use props
Silver31581
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2374357 ft
United States

I live in a rural area in Kansas.  My farthest flight with my Mini was 3326m(2.07 miles) @ 130m(400 feet). I lose signal near high power electrical transmission lines and near groups of houses.  RTH still works when signal lost.
I'm using a Samsung S6 tablet with my Mini.  A great combo!
2020-3-15
Use props
Capt.Aid
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23612 ft
Malaysia

InspektorGadjet Posted at 3-12 10:34
Hello,
I simple Google search delivers results: https://www.apple.com/watch/

Thanks for info~

2020-3-15
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

You are very welcome!
2020-3-17
Use props
Mundus
lvl.1
Denmark

Hi,
I have the exact same problem with my new Mavic Mini. I am VERY unhappy with DJI for not recommending a solution, I have 13 Drones (quads) and the Mini is the worst.... even worst than my Tello combined with my IPhone. Really sad... having been used to fly with both my Phantom Pro, my Spark and my Mavic, I am now left with a bad feeling about DJI. Have they finally lost it?
2020-3-27
Use props
fansbd965d1d
New
Thailand

Mine was terrible, can’t fly further than 200-300m away or 130m ascent. I used to think that spark got really bad range but mini is worst! DJI should do something with this matter.
2020-4-13
Use props
djiuser_HfB5mAPxSwKi
New
Flight distance : 6050 ft

Pakistan

My mavic mini gets disconnects from the rc at 30m
2020-6-12
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now