810 14 2019-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Once again dji have been found out to punishing all European buyers.

In USA Free post if you spend $149
In EU Free post if you spend €389 equivalent to $420

At the beginning of this year free post to EU was €149, have shipping costs gone through the roof in Europe, have Europe starting charging tariffs on Chinese goods, or is the answer mor likely that Europeans are being asked to pay for tariffs being charged by Donald Trump.

If you buy any small item from dji an SD card props etc and have these shipped to EU you will now pay €28 if you purchase the same in the US you will pay equivalent €15 , you will also pay an extra 10% on almost all dji accessories than our American Friends, this remember when America has imposed high tariffs on Chinese Goods.

All of this is blatant robbery on All EU customers it's nothing short of highway robbery and all of this was done in very small print on the dji website.

Unless it's something I can't get anywhere else, from now on unless dji change their totally unfair policy I will no longer buy from there Website and others should follow suit .

2019-11-14
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007, I'm from the USA and I feel exactly the same. I ordered the charging base from the DJI website and they charged $17 USD for shipping. I probably could've waited a day or so and ordered from Amazon and had free 1 day prime shipping. Just guessing at that, but I'd say that's probably true. When I ordred the MM, I wanted the full DJI experience. Well, I got it. And from reading others posts, they did too. And like you, from now on, I'm not ordering anything through the DJI store if I can avoid it.
2019-11-14
Use props
fans48f0c1a5
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2309285 ft
United Kingdom

Yes i agree.
2019-11-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

JodyB Posted at 11-14 07:47
hallmark007, I'm from the USA and I feel exactly the same. I ordered the charging base from the DJI website and they charged $17 USD for shipping. I probably could've waited a day or so and ordered from Amazon and had free 1 day prime shipping. Just guessing at that, but I'd say that's probably true. When I ordred the MM, I wanted the full DJI experience. Well, I got it. And from reading others posts, they did too. And like you, from now on, I'm not ordering anything through the DJI store if I can avoid it.

Again it’s one of those enormous hikes in price dji think they can force on users .
2019-11-14
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-14 09:11
Again it’s one of those enormous hikes in price dji think they can force on users .

For myself, it's hard to get blood out of a turnip
I'm sure it's the same for a lot of others. But I'm equally as sure that the thought is if they want it, they'll pay for it.
2019-11-14
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I agreed , there are a big difference between us (Europeans)
2019-11-14
Use props
Knapweed
lvl.3
Canada

On the other hand, the U.S. could complain that we in Canada pay $50US less for the Mini or Mini Combo, i.e. $349 and $449 respectively than they do. Imagine how much less we pay than those of you in Europe. I'm confident none of this has anything to do with DJI being 'picky' and everything to do with your dumb Governments' arrangements with China. In the case of the EU, roll on Brexit so the UK can make some sensible deals with the rest of the world.
2019-11-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Knapweed Posted at 11-14 10:34
On the other hand, the U.S. could complain that we in Canada pay $50US less for the Mini or Mini Combo, i.e. $349 and $449 respectively than they do. Imagine how much less we pay than those of you in Europe. I'm confident none of this has anything to do with DJI being 'picky' and everything to do with your dumb Governments' arrangements with China. In the case of the EU, roll on Brexit so the UK can make some sensible deals with the rest of the world.

I think the EU’s trade deal with China has not changed in the last twelve months, we know the US trade deal or lack of it has changed, with regards Brexit it’s a British problem not mine.
With regards to us all having dumb government’s , I’m certain there are many more important things being discussed than toy drones this side of the world.
But it should be noted that your own governments leader who has come out as a Racist may have trouble negotiating trade deals with much of the world, one thing it will do for ye all is you will have much more maple syrup to fight amongst yourselves for :+)....
2019-11-14
Use props
Knapweed
lvl.3
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 11-14 10:55
I think the EU’s trade deal with China has not changed in the last twelve months, we know the US trade deal or lack of it has changed, with regards Brexit it’s a British problem not mine.
With regards to us all having dumb government’s , I’m certain there are many more important things being discussed than toy drones this side of the world.
But it should be noted that your own governments leader who has come out as a Racist may have trouble negotiating trade deals with much of the world, one thing it will do for ye all is you will have much more maple syrup to fight amongst yourselves for :+)....

I must have made my point very poorly, I think all Governments are dumb, mine most of all. It just so happens that on the issue of toy drones, they somehow bumbled into making things more pleasant for me.  I only mentioned it here because, you know, it was the subject under discussion.
2019-11-14
Use props
Juliflash
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2923 ft

Spain

I think we should keep Trump, Brexit, and VOX, the spanish version (we just got extreme right party now in Spain too since the 10th) out of this forum... if possible lol
It is something us normal citicens can't control, and goubernments use to put people against each other.

Brexit is going to make many people suffer, mostly medium and low class, so no jokes with this, we live in a world in which we all should be working more together, rather than finding differences and fighting each other.

I do think there is some sort of preference, regarding countries getting  more stock than others, which may not get stock at all (Portugal, Greece, Spain), but I don't think it is about them punishing Europeans, is more likely they analice their users/clients database, and decide how much stock to send to those countries, according to the number of potential buyers.

Shipping prices seem unfair, true, maybe DJI Can "shine an everloving light on us" regarding this policies.
Best of wishes for you all!
2019-11-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Knapweed Posted at 11-14 11:02
I must have made my point very poorly, I think all Governments are dumb, mine most of all. It just so happens that on the issue of toy drones, they somehow bumbled into making things more pleasant for me.  I only mentioned it here because, you know, it was the subject under discussion.

I wouldn’t be so quick to let dji off the hook, this move was done under the radar which is usual for dji, they now have a new shipping policy, if you buy a set of props you pay €28 shipping if you buy two sets of props you pay €43 shipping if you buy 3 sets of props you pay €58 shipping, so 3 sets of props €36 with shipping €94 this has nothing to do with trade deals taxes or anything else this is a money making racket.

Yes maybe it’s not so good to insult half the worlds government’s it should be the prerogative of those who put those governments in to rubbish them, but no hard feelings .
2019-11-14
Use props
Knapweed
lvl.3
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 11-14 11:24
I wouldn’t be so quick to let dji off the hook, this move was done under the radar which is usual for dji, they now have a new shipping policy, if you buy a set of props you pay €28 shipping if you buy two sets of props you pay €43 shipping if you buy 3 sets of props you pay €58 shipping, so 3 sets of props €36 with shipping €94 this has nothing to do with trade deals taxes or anything else this is a money making racket.

Yes maybe it’s not so good to insult half the worlds government’s it should be the prerogative of those who put those governments in to rubbish them, but no hard feelings .

Although I agree the shipping prices on the items you mentioned are outrageous, they are rather outside the scope of the question "Are EU Customers Unfairly Treated" as it sounds like you are describing something generic with the pricing that applies to everyone.

I wasn't insulting half of the World's Governments, I was insulting the other half.

I actually take part in the Elections of two of the three Governments I insulted, so maybe I meet your criteria.
2019-11-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Knapweed Posted at 11-14 12:01
Although I agree the prices are outrageous, they are rather outside the scope of the question "Are EU Customers Unfairly Treated" as it sounds like you are describing something generic with the pricing that applies to everyone.

I wasn't insulting half of the World's Governments, I was insulting the other half.

Having followed and been a customer for many years , I have seen some very strange increases in prices to EU customers and increasing limit on free post from 150 euro to 380 euro completely out of nowhere no announcement unlike on US website where you can see $150 free shipping, this is not visible on EU sites until you actually purchase and go to pay.

Regarding governments by all means mention all the governments you voted for, but don’t generalize about the rest and think it might go unnoticed :+)....
2019-11-14
Use props
Juliflash
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2923 ft

Spain

Well funny enough, nothing to do with DJI here, but I have an online shop hosted in an US Platform called ETSY.
I recently got a message telling me that unless I provide FREE Shipping to US customers my products won't be promoted in their store.

I did that, increased the price on my items a bit, and offered free shipping. After some days they sent another email telling me, congratullations on the free shipping, here are some tips in order to recover the expenses of free shipping to US customers, and basically it was, make the rest cover those costs... I was shocked, and actually have experienced a decrease in sale, so will change back to original prices.

Not trying to be conspiranoic here, but it seems a normal practice, not only from chinesse companies.
2019-11-14
Use props
Knapweed
lvl.3
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 11-14 12:12
Having followed and been a customer for many years , I have seen some very strange increases in prices to EU customers and increasing limit on free post from 150 euro to 380 euro completely out of nowhere no announcement unlike on US website where you can see $150 free shipping, this is not visible on EU sites until you actually purchase and go to pay.

Regarding governments by all means mention all the governments you voted for, but don’t generalize about the rest and think it might go unnoticed :+)....

Aye, Aye Cap'n  
2019-11-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules