Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Pay your import duty DJI
2828 15 2019-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Maxi3D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

Has anyone received this notice for FedEx tracking for the Mavic Mini? I assuming my package will be delay?

Duty? What Duty?

Duty? What Duty?

2019-11-14
Use props
maihem.rc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2076335 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've not seen that before.  But we were also not subject to tariffs with China the last time I purchased directly from DJI.  It does say that it is just under review, so hopefully it will clear or release soon for you.
2019-11-14
Use props
djicheaha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2957598 ft
  • >>>
United States

I received similar FedEx update. CLEARANCE DELAY ANCHORAGE, AK. First time I have seen this with DJI delivery. BTW: Usual carrier has been DHL. Hopeful that it will be released soon.
2019-11-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi. thanks for the inquiry. We've sent the message to you via PM here in DJI forum in regards to this inquiry. Please check your inbox later. Thank you for your support!
2019-11-14
Use props
maihem.rc
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Here's an article from a couple months ago...https://thedronegirl.com/2019/09/15/trump-tariffs/
The cost should be accounted for in your purchase price.  I thought it was funny that it appears the cost  of their products increased world wide and not just in the US, though they blame the price increase in the US on tariffs specifically.  They are having to pay for your product coming into the US regardless.
2019-11-14
Use props
Maxi3D
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

maihem.rc Posted at 11-14 08:22
I've not seen that before.  But we were also not subject to tariffs with China the last time I purchased directly from DJI.  It does say that it is just under review, so hopefully it will clear or release soon for you.

Held under review? Most likely held under ransom. Is DJI practicing drone dumping on the U.S? If so, why is it still so expensive?  
2019-11-14
Use props
Maxi3D
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 11-14 08:27
Hi. thanks for the inquiry. We've sent the message to you via PM here in DJI forum in regards to this inquiry. Please check your inbox later. Thank you for your support!

Hi, Tony, I have not received any email nor PM from DJI.
2019-11-14
Use props
djiuser_RXgrxSGc3VhT
New

United States

Mine is also delayed. It first was delayed at customs i guess, afterwards in transit and now again in clearance  delay. Can you help me with this one?
2019-11-14
Use props
Maxi3D
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

djicheaha Posted at 11-14 08:24
I received similar FedEx update. CLEARANCE DELAY ANCHORAGE, AK. First time I have seen this with DJI delivery. BTW: Usual carrier has been DHL. Hopeful that it will be released soon.

This is the first time I have been held at custom with DJI.
2019-11-14
Use props
maihem.rc
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Maxi3D Posted at 11-14 09:21
This is the first time I have been held at custom with DJI.

I believe this would also be the first time products from China were subject to tariffs that would cause this issue for you and DJI.  The tariffs were very recently put into place, I believe in September.  Prior to that, I don't think DJI released anything that was subject to any US trade sanctions.  Unfortunately, with the volume of product DJI releases at one time, it is bound to be checked for some people.
2019-11-14
Use props
archmac
lvl.2
Flight distance : 24183 ft
United States

Mine is "stuck" in Alaska too! The Mini was supposed to be here today. What's up DJI?  Disappointed ...
2019-11-14
Use props
Juliflash
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2923 ft

Spain

maihem.rc Posted at 11-14 10:24
I believe this would also be the first time products from China were subject to tariffs that would cause this issue for you and DJI.  The tariffs were very recently put into place, I believe in September.  Prior to that, I don't think DJI released anything that was subject to any US trade sanctions.  Unfortunately, with the volume of product DJI releases at one time, it is bound to be checked for some people.

Yeah, I mean not sure everywhere else, but in Europe anything that costs more than 100 to 200 euros is quite possible they will stop in customs and make you pay, same goes when we import stuff from the states, if its small no but if its relatively expensive is easy to get stuck.

The only thing to do is use soemething like Fedex and make sure the parcel has all sort of data outside, clear bill of purchase etc.

In the other hand, customs authorities must be amazed... why on earth there is that huge amount of flying camera spies!! They maybe realiced they can make quite a bit in taxes if they catch them all lol

Hope you guys get it sorted asap.
2019-11-14
Use props
BobB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

wow i am glad my Mini snuck through at the Memphis,TN center and was delivered to SW Missouri this morning.
2019-11-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi all, we apologize for the clearance delay, but please don't worry, this is normal and it usually takes 1-2 days for the clearance, it shall be updated soon, appreciate your patience.
2019-11-15
Use props
Maxi3D
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hey DJI, still stuck in Alaska and it's getting pretty cold. Why don't you pay your import tax and send my package on its way? It's getting pretty close to the acceptable limit of delivery time.  
2019-11-15
Use props
Pop Alexandra
lvl.1

Romania

Maxi3D Posted at 2019-11-15 06:53
Hey DJI, still stuck in Alaska and it's getting pretty cold. Why don't you pay your import tax and send my package on its way? It's getting pretty close to the acceptable limit of delivery time.

How long did it take? I'm wondering if it's worth ordering in the near future.
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules