11466 63 2019-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I just received my Mavic Mini and have successfully downloaded the DJI Fly App onto my Iphone 6S

I have many DJI drones and fly most of them on my Ipad Mini 4. I went to download the app onto my Ipad Mini 4 and the app does not seem to be available for the Ipad Mini

What is going on DJI.

2019-11-13
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Could an Admin please move this to the Mavic Mini Forum
2019-11-13
Use props
Bjord
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1861880 ft
Canada

Try selecting one of the other DJI apps, such as DJI GO 4, and then press on the developer name to get to DJI's app list. You should see it in there. You could also try clicking on this link https://apps.apple.com/ca/app/dji-fly/id1479649251 on the ipad and it should open it in the App Store.
2019-11-13
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bjord Posted at 11-13 23:36
Try selecting one of the other DJI apps, such as DJI GO 4, and then press on the developer name to get to DJI's app list. You should see it in there. You could also try clicking on this link https://apps.apple.com/ca/app/dji-fly/id1479649251 on the ipad and it should open it in the App Store.

Many thanks for that I seem to have found it by doing as you said clicking on another DJI app and then looking for other apps and I found it with the icon for downloading from the cloud. I think this might have happened because I had previously downloaded it to my Phone. It is still downloading so I will see if it works

Many thanks for your Help

Dennis
2019-11-14
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have now downloaded the App to my Ipad Mini but it does not fit the screen properly. Of course an iPhone screen and the Ipad Mini screen are different aspect Ratios which could be the problem.

Either way it would be nice if DJI updated the app to properly fit the Ipad Mini as so many people use this

Dennis
2019-11-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Bigplumbs Posted at 11-14 01:34
I have now downloaded the App to my Ipad Mini but it does not fit the screen properly. Of course an iPhone screen and the Ipad Mini screen are different aspect Ratios which could be the problem.

Either way it would be nice if DJI updated the app to properly fit the Ipad Mini as so many people use this

Currently its not listed as compatible with any iPads -

Compatible with iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XS, iPhone XR, iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6. [2]
2019-11-14
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It does say compatable with Ipads and it does work but it is pants. It is obviously an iPhone App working on an Ipad it looks and is terrible

Dennis
2019-11-14
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ipad Mini 4 and DJI Fly App

I have just got my Mavic Mini Fly more combo and am very disappointed and sort of feeling I want to toss the lot in the Bin.

Firstly I have many DJI Products and bought this just to see what it is like.

Many people use the Ipad Mini as the tablet of choice to fly DJI Drones and yet the DJI Fly App is pants on this tablet. It is just a phone app that looks and runs terrible. Come on DJI Get an app to work on the Ipad Mini.

Flying a drone with a phone makes little sense because of Incomming calls, Battery life, Stuffing your phone full of stuff you dont want, small screen size and a whole host of other issues.

Further I live nearish to an airfield from which Helicoptors are flown. The new DJI Fly App prevents my MM from taking off even in my house. I cant see anyway of unlocking it. (Of course we must consider the danger to aircraft from a 249g drone flying inside my house). Stupid does not begin to descride it.

My Advice would be think twice before you buy the Mavic Mini or scavange in the Bin behind my House because the whole lot will be in there in a while.

What a piece of useless kit DJI have produced this time..... What a letdown
2019-11-14
Use props
Alan E
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6457 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree on the Fly Safe thing or whatever it is called. I get the good intention but to not be able to fly it in my backyard (4 miles from a non towered airport with only a non-precision approach) is very frustrating. Frustrating to have to wait a month and a half for the fix. I do love the Mini though. It takes super smooth footage for such a tiny package. And very fun to fly. Mine is working good with the iPad mini 4 however, no troubles there.
2019-11-14
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Alan E Posted at 11-14 08:28
I agree on the Fly Safe thing or whatever it is called. I get the good intention but to not be able to fly it in my backyard (4 miles from a non towered airport with only a non-precision approach) is very frustrating. Frustrating to have to wait a month and a half for the fix. I do love the Mini though. It takes super smooth footage for such a tiny package. And very fun to fly. Mine is working good with the iPad mini 4 however, no troubles there.

How are you getting it to work with the Ipad Mini 4 I have got the app but it does not fit the screen properly etc. Is there something I am missing
2019-11-14
Use props
Alan E
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 11-14 09:13
How are you getting it to work with the Ipad Mini 4 I have got the app but it does not fit the screen properly etc. Is there something I am missing

I just plugged it in and flew. Must be a setting I have different on the iPad mini 4. I would sure share if I knew! I saw another thread here with similar symptom but I think they had a different version of the iPad mini.
2019-11-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your DJI Mavic Mini, upon checking the iPad Mini is not yet listed as a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly, it may work however we can't guarantee the stability of the said unit. for additional reference I will be posting a link and an image ( https://www.dji.com/dji-fly ) for the compatible devices. Second for the " No Fly Zone " issue, I will be posting a link
( https://www.dji.com/flysafe/custom-unlock ) to the DJI Flysafe department for unlocking request. Thank you.

2019-11-14
Use props
yorkie9668
lvl.2
Flight distance : 268248 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-14 09:24
Hi, I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your DJI Mavic Mini, upon checking the iPad Mini is not yet listed as a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly, it may work however we can't guarantee the stability of the said unit. for additional reference I will be posting a link and an image ( https://www.dji.com/dji-fly ) for the compatible devices. Second for the " No Fly Zone " issue, I will be posting a link
( https://www.dji.com/flysafe/custom-unlock ) to the DJI Flysafe department for unlocking request. Thank you.

The question is are you going to support the iPad Mini?
I have poor eyesight and find using my iPhone too hard, so bought the iPad Mini for the main use, now I find the new Fly App is terrible, it could be the deal breaker and I might have to return the Mavic Mini Combo and cancel the unused Care Package, yes it is that big of a deal breaker and I am amazed you never thought about it before releasing the scaled down Fly App!
2019-11-14
Use props
Alan E
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

yorkie9668 Posted at 11-14 09:33
I have poor eyesight and find using my iPhone too hard, so bought the iPad Mini for the main use, now I find the new Fly App is terrible, it could be the deal breaker and I might have to return the Mavic Mini Combo and cancel the unused Care Package, yes it is that big of a deal breaker and I am amazed you never thought about it before releasing the scaled down Fly App!

Couple pics of my iPad Mini4 with DJI Fly. I have flown with it with no problems.

2019-11-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I’m certain it’s not a piece of useless kit, to you maybe, but as you are very specific in what you were looking for you don’t want to look at any other options.

You could turn airplane mode on your phone, no calls
You could contact flysafe ask for permission , not as why you can’t fly but permission to fly.
There is already someone on this forum using iPad mini 3 quite successfully.

Putting it in the bin makes you look like an idiot, I’m certain you can return and get your money back , most sensible punters would choose this option .
2019-11-14
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 11-14 09:13

Did you click the double arrow thing in bottom corner?  When you click on it the app fills the screen up....
2019-11-14
Use props
Juliflash
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2923 ft

Spain

hallmark007 Posted at 11-14 09:52
I’m certain it’s not a piece of useless kit, to you maybe, but as you are very specific in what you were looking for you don’t want to look at any other options.

You could turn airplane mode on your phone, no calls

I kind of agree here, true they have to fix whatever bugs they encounter, add compatibility for as many devices as possible etc. The DJI FLY App should be the smoother of all since is new and streamlined version.

However before I bought the drone, I thought a lot about airspace stuff, I used to live literally 2Km away from a huge international busy airport, basically imposible to fly anywhere near where I lived, that is one of the reasons I haven't pulled the drone plug before.

A year ago I had to move home, very remote place which for most people is a bad thing... however now I live in an area with absolutely nothing risky around it for miles, checking the AIRSPACE App is one of the main reasons I decided to get the Mini.

I see it can be frustating to see how you can't fly within your own house or backyard, seems tight but at the same time, the possibility exists that some risky person would do something stupid ending up possibly risking hundreds of lifes... If Im on an airplane, I would rather no drone in the area at all...
2019-11-14
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

yorkie9668 Posted at 11-14 09:33

This is how I feel. Remember when Litchi comes out it might help
2019-11-14
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 11-14 09:52

You could turn airplane mode on your phone, no calls

I am in a position that time is more important to me than £450. If I want to Bin it that is up to me. What you think about that is of little concern to me.

This product was released in a hurry and the App is not ready and does not work on Many devices. This is very poor on the part of DJI
2019-11-14
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Juliflash Posted at 11-14 10:15
I kind of agree here, true they have to fix whatever bugs they encounter, add compatibility for as many devices as possible etc. The DJI FLY App should be the smoother of all since is new and streamlined version.

However before I bought the drone, I thought a lot about airspace stuff, I used to live literally 2Km away from a huge international busy airport, basically imposible to fly anywhere near where I lived, that is one of the reasons I haven't pulled the drone plug before.

So Perhaps we should stop all cars from starting their engines if they are ever in a place that could be dangerous. That would work well.

People should be told about no fly zones and then it is up to them. Using teck to stop/prevent is a very scary course to go down... Think about it
2019-11-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Bigplumbs Posted at 11-14 10:52
I am in a position that time is more important to me than £450. If I want to Bin it that is up to me. What you think about that is of little concern to me.

This product was released in a hurry and the App is not ready and does not work on Many devices. This is very poor on the part of DJI

Well they say a fool and his money are easily parted, if it’s in the bin I’m sure done with it, we won’t hear much more from you. I’m just amazed of how others manage to adapt .
2019-11-14
Use props
Juliflash
lvl.4

Spain

Bigplumbs Posted at 11-14 10:54
So Perhaps we should stop all cars from starting their engines if they are ever in a place that could be dangerous. That would work well.

People should be told about no fly zones and then it is up to them. Using teck to stop/prevent is a very scary course to go down... Think about it

Well I dont see a car vs airplane that similar of a comparison, remember not that long ago in the UK some funny person flying a dron in the airport... thousands of people lost their flights, it lastesd days, many probably had to go to important things, weddings, work... to some part of my family actually created a huge problem with a funeral.

I understand your concern, I also think that they should allow an "indoor" mode, dissabling GPS for example I dont know... or just allow you to fly like 10m height and 30m radius if you are in a dangerous zone...

The fact that the APP has problemas, is a differnet story that yes, it has to be fixed asap.
2019-11-14
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

This product was released in a hurry and the App is not ready and does not work on Many devices. This is very poor on the part of DJI

I'm sorry you're having trouble getting things working the way you like. Hopefully you won't bin it if it comes to it. I'm sure there might be a deserving kid in the neighborhood who would love it if it came to binning it.
2019-11-14
Use props
davidms
lvl.4
Flight distance : 428186 ft
Canada

I’ll buy it from you
2019-11-14
Use props
djiuser_4mLE2hzACwft
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1481995 ft
United States

I have to disagree with the post above about compatibility with the Ipad Mini.  This is from the Apple App Store download page for the Fly App -

2019-11-14
Use props
Juliflash
lvl.4

Spain

djiuser_4mLE2hzACwft Posted at 11-14 11:18
I have to disagree with the post above about compatibility with the Ipad Mini.  This is from the Apple App Store download page for the Fly App -[view_image]

Interesting, iPhone 5S also listed there... I happen to have that phone and the App does install, I still have to check with the drone, however dont want to risk it.

That may be a list of devices in which it will install, but it may not work correctly, and thats why the DJI list is smaller... those are only the ones they can guarantee, it may grow in the near future.
2019-11-14
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 11-14 11:00
Well they say a fool and his money are easily parted, if it’s in the bin I’m sure done with it, we won’t hear much more from you. I’m just amazed of how others manage to adapt .

Not in the Bin Yet and as I said I have no interest in your opinion of what I do with my money. Perhaps it is because you have obviously achieved so little that you feel so Jealous
2019-11-14
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

davidms Posted at 11-14 11:15
I’ll buy it from you

Money is not the issue. I could not care less about the money. Call me old fashioned but when massive numbers of a product are released to consumers they should have been properly tested and should work properly. Not the case here it seems...... Beta Testers all of us

I had intended to buy several Fly More Packages together with some  Ipad mini's for my employees as Christmas Presents but Based on my testing so far and what I have seen it will have to be somthing different this year for them. I am sure it will get sorted but in time for Christmas I think not
2019-11-14
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_4mLE2hzACwft Posted at 11-14 11:18
I have to disagree with the post above about compatibility with the Ipad Mini.  This is from the Apple App Store download page for the Fly App -[view_image]

Quite. That was what I saw and assumed was correct. The fact is the App in the App store is not correctly optimised for the Ipad Mini..... It is a Phone App
2019-11-14
Use props
that_HMMWV_guy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 59511 ft
United States

I'm going to have to do some research on this. I was just about to buy the newest iPad mini to use just for the Mavic Mini. Hmmmmmmm!
2019-11-14
Use props
yorkie9668
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have just managed to download the Fly App to my Samsung Tab S4 and Iam amazed because on this the Fly App is in full screen glory, not the small phone version, so how come you can make a full version for a 10.5" Tablet but not for a 7.9" iPad Mini?
2019-11-14
Use props
yorkie9668
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2019-11-15
Use props
Heavenone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3563 ft
  • >>>
Germany

today i found dji fly in app store and load it down to the ipad mini2..
but the fly app for android was till yesterday not availible on app store.....
i got in only from help of this forum....
2019-11-15
Use props
yorkie9668
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Heavenone Posted at 11-15 02:37
today i found dji fly in app store and load it down to the ipad mini2..
but the fly app for android was till yesterday not availible on app store.....
i got in only from help of this forum....

How do you add the little pictures of the drones you use?
2019-11-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

yorkie9668 Posted at 11-15 02:50
How do you add the little pictures of the drones you use?

Once you activate under the email you use for this forum it will show up .
2019-11-15
Use props
yorkie9668
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 11-15 04:51
Once you activate under the email you use for this forum it will show up .

I activated mine this morning but it sin't showing yet, I suppose it takes some time
Thanks for getting back to me
2019-11-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

yorkie9668 Posted at 11-15 05:25
I activated mine this morning but it sin't showing yet, I suppose it takes some time

It may take sometime if you sign out and sign back in it might also help .
2019-11-15
Use props
that_HMMWV_guy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 59511 ft
United States

yorkie9668 Posted at 11-15 05:25

Mine took several hours to show up under my profile.
2019-11-15
Use props
maihem.rc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2076335 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have to ask if this is your first DJI product that you have purchased at its release?
2019-11-15
Use props
maihem.rc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2076335 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 11-14 10:54

Much earlier versions of the DJI Go or Go4 app either said nothing or did just tell you about it and let you move on.  But, people still did dumb things that would have regulated these products into non-existence.  Your statement of leaving it up to people to decide how and where to fly is absolutely short sighted and frightening.  I would urge you to think about it.  Pretty sure your opinion would change if you were on one of the flights in the proper flight path of an airport that was interfered with by a drone.
Agreed, that there could be an indoor or very limited outdoor range setting but that is as far as I would go.
2019-11-15
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules