Mavic Mini Shipping delay anyone?
20486 200 2019-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
slammedsonoma420
lvl.2
United States

mindy this is not normal. i order hundreds of packages from overseas. your company didnt provide the correct paperwork.
2019-11-15
Use props
fans714733d1
lvl.1
United States

Yeah this is not normal. Somebody screwed up. I’ll end up paying the damn price for it on my credit card before the drone ends up in my hands. This is dumb.
2019-11-15
Use props
hughden
lvl.2
Thailand

I was told 15th November availability from my shop in Thailand. Picked it up at 1030 this morning when the shop opened. It's worth waiting for!
2019-11-15
Use props
maihem.rc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2076335 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 11-14 13:32
while these types of things normally happen, i can't help but think there might be other elements at play here.

There is another thread about this whole situation.  This is the first DJI release since trade tariffs went into effect in September.  As such, there are going to be some that are looked at closer with as much as DJI ships at once.  It's just the luck of the draw.  It should only be a day or two like DJI Mindy says.  Not a big deal, it happens even when there are not tariffs.
2019-11-15
Use props
Me RC
lvl.2

United States

Stuck in AK for me too.
No scheduled delivery date available at this time.
Scheduled deliveryPending
CLEARANCE DELAY
ANCHORAGE, AK
2019-11-15
Use props
stonemtn
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Looks like mine is being held as well in Alaska. Looking at the tracking info it appears it shipped to Alaska, was held up for clearance, sent back to Hong Kong and then on to Taiwan and back to Alaska. This is pretty ridiculous. Is this because of the trade war bs? Is there a way to cancel an order once it shipped? I mean i can order the mini on Amazon and have it here in a couple days... I've never seen this ordering anything from Apple that was shipped from China.
2019-11-15
Use props
djicheaha
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2957598 ft
  • >>>
United States

Was hoping for update (release) this morning. Mine remains in Alaska. Will hopefully look forward to next week delivery.
2019-11-15
Use props
Flurginator
lvl.2
Flight distance : 904367 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI did not provide customs with correct documentation. I paid $49 for the Select program for expedited shipping. Fraud!
2019-11-15
Use props
stonemtn
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-15 05:25
Hi all, we apologize for the clearance delay, but please don't worry, this is normal and it usually takes 1-2 days for the clearance, it shall be updated soon, appreciate your patience.

Hi Mindy, I am sorry but I respectfully have to disagree. This is definitely not normal. I have had many shipments delivered from Apple that originated from China and never have I seen this issue before. It certainly appears that the shipment was sent back to China according to FedEx tracking. I understand that there has been an argument made in the past  that because of time / date differences it only appears to be so, however that would then also be the case with previous shipments... and it is not. Maybe instead this is a trade war / import tariff issue? If the shipment is not released today I will definitely cancel the order and purchase one thru a US based retailer, looks like Amazon will deliver within 2 days. Thanks for your attention to this.
2019-11-15
Use props
Flurginator
lvl.2
Flight distance : 904367 ft
  • >>>
United States

They won't let you cancel the order once it shipped. I have a the Select program, paid $49 for expedited shipping, it is fraud and they won't refund my money from the Select program
2019-11-15
Use props
Me RC
lvl.2

United States

My order also showing bouncing ball strangeness.
Is this for real! Can convention jet aircraft travel that fast or maybe UFOs really exist.

Wednesday , 11/13/2019
9:26 pm ANCHORAGE, AK
Clearance delay - Import
9:12 pmTA YUAN DISTRICT TW
In transit
8:50 pmTA YUAN DISTRICT TW
In transit
8:37 pmANCHORAGE, AK
Shipment exception
Held, cleared regulatory agency(s) after aircraft/truck departed
4:44 pmLANTAU ISLAND HK
In transit
2:12 pmANCHORAGE, AK
In transit
Package available for clearance
12:59 pmANCHORAGE, AK
Arrived at FedEx location
3:06 amLANTAU ISLAND HK
In transit
2019-11-15
Use props
Expedia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149613 ft
  • >>>
Germany

My order to germany is also stucked since Wednesday. (So I think it has nothing to do with us China trade wars) No progress which is absolutely not normal for DHL express if the costum was handeled correctly. That really sucks
2019-11-15
Use props
Knapweed
lvl.3
Canada

In my case, I thought my projected late delivery wa clearly down to the shipping company. Mine is DHL, not Fed Ex but I am experiencing similar problems. Mine shows the package arriving in British Columbia at 9:30 yesterday having circulated around the NE United States a couple of times. It shows departing at 1:30 - this morning it showed as being back in Cincinnati! I was so mad, I had to have a cup of tea and a biscuit.

Anyway, I spoke to a representative and, although a tad defensive, explained that the tracking 'should' show that it was a late notice that customs had been cleared in Cincinnati and shouldn't be in the 'Location' column. I asked why it looped around the NE of the United States before being shipped to Canada and she just sighed and said it was strange and she didn't have an answer, nor could she explain why customs had taken so long to update. She thought this situation odd but then informed me my drone was actually on a truck for delivery. After she made that statement, all else was irrelevant, as I was fixated on my baby arriving 'soon'.

Although she wasn't explicit, she was indicating that customs in the U.S. were being unusually awkward in terms of updates/release etc. It also explains why the delay within BC, because they couldn't go forward until they had an official 'cleared' notice from customs in Cincinnati. So, it appears that U.S. Customs isn't only effecting U.S. deliveries, it's also messing up any package that travels through it.

Basically, I'm pointing the finger squarely at U.S. Customs and their childish antics, no doubt politically motivated and a complete PITA. They have achieved what they set out to do, which, to my mind, was to stir up a battle between Chinese importers and their customers. Don't be a mug and fall for it.
2019-11-15
Use props
hawkins2000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1788104 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Expedia Posted at 11-15 09:47
My order to germany is also stucked since Wednesday. (So I think it has nothing to do with us China trade wars) No progress which is absolutely not normal for DHL express if the costum was handeled correctly. That really sucks

Yepp. Same for me... Stuck since Wednesday. No planned delivery date anymore.
2019-11-15
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

By the time our drones are released from Customs, a new Mavic Mini Pro will be out and people will do pre-orders and it also get stuck next to ours for clearance.  Lol.  In all seriousness though, this has been a very frustrating experience for me.  I had access to local possibilities but they didn't let me cancel.  I know patience is a virtue but I get a feeling thousands of boxes are sitting out there in the cold weather.  
2019-11-15
Use props
fansafb543cb
lvl.1

United States

Got mine today after a hold in Memphis
2019-11-15
Use props
Juliflash
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2923 ft

Spain

hawkins2000 Posted at 11-15 09:55
Yepp. Same for me... Stuck since Wednesday. No planned delivery date anymore.

It seems to be happening everywhere, spanish retailers have very contradictive information, the parcels also seemed to be in movement and they had expectations to be delivered at some point this week, however they now have no clue where it is, if it´s send at all and when the parcel will arrive.
I just think DJI´s decision of not giving any real answers/status of what´s happening is unapropiate.
2019-11-15
Use props
djicheaha
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fansafb543cb Posted at 11-15 10:33
Got mine today after a hold in Memphis

Alright! Good deal. Perhaps we will see some more releases. Alaska?
2019-11-15
Use props
Expedia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149613 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Very inappropriate I think. No help from costumer support and DHL (of course) tell me to contact the supplier. Worst international experience yet. If I order by alibaba I know at least what kind of delivery I get, but ordering via express and get snail mail and no support is just disappointing.

From what I see it could be bad luck but not in this frequency it pops up on this forum. So more kindly poor handling of costum services. But at least someone could care
2019-11-15
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

yep prob not a full-on ban or a stoppage but a slowdown or a warning shot.
2019-11-15
Use props
Maxi3D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

So, out of curiosity I ask the FedEx' virtual chat assistant what could cause the shipment to be held up on clearance and here are the causes and no I don't think this is part of normal process.

FedEx: Clearance delays occur for a variety of reasons; the following are some examples:
Missing documentation
Incomplete, missing, or inaccurate information on documentation
Additional documentation needed by regulatory agencies
Processing required by additional regulatory agencies
Missing piece(s) of multiple-piece shipment
If additional information is required from the shipper or recipient, FedEx will attempt to contact them. Once all requirements are fulfilled, your shipment will be cleared to move to its final destination.

2019-11-15
Use props
eM-Burr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 92 ft
Canada

Flurginator Posted at 11-15 08:59
They won't let you cancel the order once it shipped. I have a the Select program, paid $49 for expedited shipping, it is fraud and they won't refund my money from the Select program

Read the DJI select info page. You’ll see a [3] beside the prioritized shipping it reads...
“ [3] Currently, prioritized shipping is only available for select products as the stock level for new products and accessories is not always guaranteed.”
2019-11-15
Use props
RD_SF
New
United States

Monday - got the the shipping email
2019-11-15
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

RD_SF Posted at 11-15 15:03
Monday - got the the shipping email

Where is yours coming from?  Was it held up in customs too?  
2019-11-15
Use props
RD_SF
New
United States

10/30 - ordered.Monday - got the the shipping email.Wednesday - noticed it was being held in Alaska.
Friday (Today) - still stuck.
@DJI - will you please contact me to make an adjustment to my shipping?  I will not be home from Sunday 11/17 through Thursday 11/21.  Ideally the package will not arrive until Friday 11/22 or later.  - Thanks!

2019-11-15
Use props
RD_SF
New
United States

Joemar7 Posted at 11-15 15:09
Where is yours coming from?  Was it held up in customs too?

Sorry about that - I hit return (thinking I could get a second line) and it posted.  Editing didn't work - so I posted a similar reply below.
2019-11-15
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

RD_SF Posted at 11-15 15:12
10/30 - ordered.Monday - got the the shipping email.Wednesday - noticed it was being held in Alaska.
Friday (Today) - still stuck.
@DJI - will you please contact me to make an adjustment to my shipping?  I will not be home from Sunday 11/17 through Thursday 11/21.  Ideally the package will not arrive until Friday 11/22 or later.  - Thanks!

I think you can contact FedEx and arrange them to hold it for you at your nearest FedEx location but I think there’s a limit of days they can hold it there.  
2019-11-15
Use props
Shantok
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1104163 ft
  • >>>
United States

I called Fedex as mine was still stuck with everybody else's in AK. Say the truck or plane left before it cleared. Do they only have one plane a week? Fedex women said she'd report the issue and contact me tomorrow by 2:30 for an update. Really sucks could have gotten one from Best Buy on Monday. Don't think I'd buy direct again.
2019-11-15
Use props
fans714733d1
lvl.1
United States

Considering it’s Friday already. We are not going to see any results until next week. These drones most likely won’t be delivered for a another week knowing DJI and their prompt resolution. Week of thanksgiving I’m calling it now. This is BS
2019-11-15
Use props
slammedsonoma420
lvl.2
United States

updated!! departed alaska
2019-11-15
Use props
slammedsonoma420
lvl.2
United States

Friday , 11/15/20193:02 pmANCHORAGE, AK
Departed FedEx location
Wednesday , 11/13/20199:26 pmANCHORAGE, AK
Clearance delay - Import
9:12 pmTA YUAN DISTRICT TW
In transit
8:50 pmTA YUAN DISTRICT TW
In transit
8:37 pmANCHORAGE, AK
Shipment exception
Held, cleared regulatory agency(s) after aircraft/truck departed
4:44 pmLANTAU ISLAND HK
In transit
2019-11-15
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I suggest everyone waiting for their drone to clear in Alaska to contact FedEx right now.  I called and I was told mine cleared but it’s not showing in their website.  I asked when I should get it and she said because it’s already Friday maybe next week.  Take this with a grain of salt.  They might have tons of pallets still sitting there.  Call and let us know what they say.
2019-11-15
Use props
Shantok
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1104163 ft
  • >>>
United States

And just like that it is on the move. Friday , 11/15/2019 3:02 pm ANCHORAGE, AK Departed FedEx location. Hope to see it soon maybe Monday. I know it won't get delivered this weekend.
2019-11-15
Use props
slammedsonoma420
lvl.2
United States

who knows to where but its moving
2019-11-15
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

slammedsonoma420 Posted at 11-15 16:10

I hope it does not go back to Taiwan or HK as it previously did. Lol
2019-11-15
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

slammedsonoma420 Posted at 11-15 16:10

I hope it does not go back to Taiwan or HK as it previously did. Lol
2019-11-15
Use props
Me RC
lvl.2

United States

Now says:
Friday , 11/15/2019 3:02 pm ANCHORAGE, AK
Departed FedEx location
But where has it departed to?
2019-11-15
Use props
djiuser_vUY8hAoyCWIZ
lvl.1
United States

Just got confirmation that my mini departed Alaska!!!
2019-11-15
Use props
djicheaha
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Confirmed from FedEx:
3:02PM IN TRANSIT Departed FedEx location ANCHORAGE, AK. Hopefully, heading to my destination, not back to HK. Delivery date is PENDING. Similar information on DJI tracking.
2019-11-15
Use props
fans714733d1
lvl.1
United States

Confirmed mine shows departed Alaska also finally. Jeez. Wonder how long it’ll take to arrive now
2019-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules