Mavic Mini - Aircraft Power Insufficient Warning....
12Next >
10147 63 2019-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Neroangelo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7441 ft
United Kingdom

I am getting an aircraft power insufficient warning with my brand my new mavic mini. DJI, is it a software bug or a problem with my drone?

2019-11-14
Use props
BobB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Have you flashed the new firmware yet? It might be fixed in the new firmware. I know the original firmware and app we would see that on the youtube videos.
2019-11-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi,we're sorry for the inconvenience. There are two scenarios that would trigger this prompt. First, the aircraft might be flying with full power under the sport mode against the wind direction. Second, the aircraft might be flying with full power with propeller guards installed.

No worries, this message is considered as normal and we will optimize this app prompt in the future. Thank you for understanding.
2019-11-14
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I am getting thaty also - A bug I recon cos it was flying fine
2019-11-14
Use props
BobB
Second Officer
United States

There's a new DJI Fly pp version out for Android. Load it up and see if you keep getting it after. They seem to be aware of this.
2019-11-14
Use props
Neroangelo
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 11-14 10:34
Hi,we're sorry for the inconvenience. There are two scenarios that would trigger this prompt. First, the aircraft might be flying with full power under the sport mode against the wind direction. Second, the aircraft might be flying with full power with propeller guards installed.

No worries, this message is considered as normal and we will optimize this app prompt in the future. Thank you for understanding.

I thought it was the Sports mode and what you described but it also happened in C mode. No prop guards.
2019-11-14
Use props
Neroangelo
lvl.3
United Kingdom

BobB Posted at 11-14 10:48
There's a new DJI Fly pp version out for Android. Load it up and see if you keep getting it after. They seem to be aware of this.

Hi...It is the latest firmware and my android phone (Go 4 works on it!) isn't supported so Ipad Mini 4.
2019-11-14
Use props
Neroangelo
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 11-14 10:46

Hope so....
2019-11-14
Use props
BobB
Second Officer
United States

Neroangelo Posted at 11-14 14:52
Hi...It is the latest firmware and my android phone (Go 4 works on it!) isn't supported so Ipad Mini 4.

Others need to try that. None of my phones have it installed (Go 4)
2019-11-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I have seen that indeed!
2019-11-15
Use props
Neroangelo
lvl.3
United Kingdom

After more testing I am still getting the warning constantly when in sports mode and zero wind...
2019-11-18
Use props
gfab71
Second Officer
Flight distance : 492874 ft
  • >>>
Italy

it also appeared to me this morning but because I was flying with the Mavic Mini in an area with quite strong wind.

Once the altitude of the drone was lowered, the wind fell and the message disappeared.
2019-11-18
Use props
djiuser_nck7yUFGlW2Z
New
United States

When I'm getting this warning my drone will drop super fast Is that happing to you guys also?
2019-11-18
Use props
WSUPolar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2241375 ft
United States

djiuser_nck7yUFGlW2Z Posted at 11-18 17:00
When I'm getting this warning my drone will drop super fast Is that happing to you guys also?

Luckily when I see the error - no my drone does not drop at all - that’d be a bit terrifying.
2019-11-18
Use props
WSUPolar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2241375 ft
United States

Wanted to share with the OP my thread on the same topic

https://forum.dji.com/thread-201966-1-1.html
2019-11-18
Use props
djiuser_nck7yUFGlW2Z
New
United States

WSUPolar Posted at 11-18 17:06
Luckily when I see the error - no my drone does not drop at all - that’d be a bit terrifying.

It is i email dji and they said check updates when its updated. It makes it so i cant even fly
2019-11-18
Use props
djiuser_nZ6PdAz45IYk
lvl.1

United States

I also got the aircraft power insufficient warning flying on cinematic,  low wind, no prop guards and my drone dropped and set down next to a pond (thank god I got off the water)  it still had 40 percent battery.  This is ridiculous,   I cant trust it anymore.  
2019-11-19
Use props
djiuser_nZ6PdAz45IYk
lvl.1

United States

I also got the aircraft power insufficient warning flying on cinematic,  low wind, no prop guards and my drone dropped and set down next to a pond (thank god I got off the water)  it still had 40 percent battery.  This is ridiculous,   I cant trust it anymore.   I am starting to regret buying it as my fingers shake every time I see the warning wondering if its crashing.  
2019-11-19
Use props
djiuser_nZ6PdAz45IYk
lvl.1

United States

I also got the aircraft power insufficient warning flying on cinematic,  low wind, no prop guards and my drone dropped and set down next to a pond (thank god I got off the water)  it still had 40 percent battery.  This is ridiculous,   I cant trust it anymore.   I am starting to regret buying it as my fingers shake every time I see the warning wondering if its crashing.  
2019-11-19
Use props
djiuser_MUZc68UBWDOM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 291129 ft
United Kingdom

Hi.  the mode doesn't matter, I having the same problem, the drone stops responding and immediately fell into the ground, strange because 1st day was OK and there was some update and since this,  I try with different batteries also controler and phone ( iphone XS )  full charged, I hope we'll get some update.  I'm  considering return it in the store.  I can't fly I can’t trust.
2019-11-19
Use props
garywin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 686834 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

I had my first flight with my new Mini yesterday and my flight was always getting the same message - Aircraft Power Insufficient - evening flight, no prop guards and no wind.
When you are saying 'No worries, this message is considered normal ......' you mean ignore the message and there is no danger of any incident?
Thanks,
2019-11-20
Use props
Neroangelo
lvl.3
United Kingdom

djiuser_nZ6PdAz45IYk Posted at 11-19 08:16
I also got the aircraft power insufficient warning flying on cinematic,  low wind, no prop guards and my drone dropped and set down next to a pond (thank god I got off the water)  it still had 40 percent battery.  This is ridiculous,   I cant trust it anymore.   I am starting to regret buying it as my fingers shake every time I see the warning wondering if its crashing.

That s scary! I returned my spark when it flew off, I hope there isn’t going to be the same bugs!
2019-11-21
Use props
djiuser_jahSanJSBkqG
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3163 ft
Netherlands

Hi, this was happening to me just before the drone dropped off the side of a hill and didn't have enough power to return to home making the drone unrecoverable . Conveniently the errors are not recorded in the flight log so DJI refuses to honour warranty. This was a brand new mini on second flight with barely any wind. Absolute scam company and I suggest you all return ur mini or fly no higher than 10m
2019-11-30
Use props
WooZie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4485558 ft
Romania

djiuser_jahSanJSBkqG Posted at 11-30 03:13
Hi, this was happening to me just before the drone dropped off the side of a hill and didn't have enough power to return to home making the drone unrecoverable . Conveniently the errors are not recorded in the flight log so DJI refuses to honour warranty. This was a brand new mini on second flight with barely any wind. Absolute scam company and I suggest you all return ur mini or fly no higher than 10m

how do the erros not saving in the logs? Can you post the flight log please?
2019-11-30
Use props
djiuser_d4nrepilgL4b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 58045 ft
Italy

I had the same problem aircraft povero insufficent....and the my mavi mini fell down in the an lake....
2019-12-1
Use props
djiuser_jahSanJSBkqG
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3163 ft
Italy

There is obvious faults with this drone but they will do anything to avoid honouring the warranty. Apparently tge warnings are intended and it's operator fault when ur drone doesn't have the power to rth.  SCAM COMPANY
2019-12-11
Use props
djiuser_GNEVLQXSq8Vi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 117628 ft

Australia

Got it today wind wasn't very strong,had to fight to stop it landing, lucky I was on sports fields
2019-12-13
Use props
djiuser_GNEVLQXSq8Vi
lvl.1

Australia

djiuser_nck7yUFGlW2Z Posted at 11-18 17:00

Yes same have to fight it
2019-12-13
Use props
the1shark
lvl.3
Flight distance : 43156 ft
Israel

djiuser_GNEVLQXSq8Vi Posted at 12-13 00:46
Got it today wind wasn't very strong,had to fight to stop it landing, lucky I was on sports fields

Did you update to the latest fw version 0.300 ?
Had a lot of this warning messages but they are all gone after updating to the latest fw version.
2019-12-13
Use props
djiuser_GNEVLQXSq8Vi
lvl.1

Australia

Bigplumbs Posted at 11-14 10:46

Agreed have same problem not in sports
2019-12-13
Use props
djiuser_eUuQ9yMVUzk9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1517648 ft
United States

I received this message twice to day on different batteries. C Mode, medium wind, no prop guards, iPad mini 4. The aircraft began descending but fortunately I noticed this in time to pull up and regain altitude. Stability was difficult to maintain. I have to agree with earlier post that this really damages my trust in this drone.
2019-12-15
Use props
djiuser_v2FzTipWIpGX
lvl.1
United States

I had the same thing, my drone crashed 1/4 miles away, flying in C mode at 40% battery and no wind, couldn't control it and RTH didn't work, yes it had the lastest update, I'm starting to see alot of people are having this problem
2019-12-23
Use props
djiuser_F4sNOiPMOeQV
New

United Kingdom

So I’ve only had my mavic mini for A few days now and as I’ve gone to turn it on today it’s giving me an error saying “power system error” it says to restart the devise but when I do that nothing changes. So it’s not allowing me to fly.
2019-12-24
Use props
Droneflier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1811322 ft
South Africa

I had similar problems today, when battery charge drops to 60% and I get "Insufficient power warning" I was flying in C mode away from me and with full up control. Once I leave all of the controls the drone just starts dropping regardless of where it is. I am however able to take control and get the drone to go up in altitude and bring the drone back to me. It only appears to happen in full forward and full up control, this happened around three times. I did all of the calibrations to the IMU and Compass after fitting the second battery and having the same result. During the flight with the first battery there was a slight breeze blowing.
2019-12-25
Use props
rzepa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1555528 ft
Poland

djiuser_eUuQ9yMVUzk9 Posted at 12-15 12:41
I received this message twice to day on different batteries. C Mode, medium wind, no prop guards, iPad mini 4. The aircraft began descending but fortunately I noticed this in time to pull up and regain altitude. Stability was difficult to maintain. I have to agree with earlier post that this really damages my trust in this drone.

Hi. Did You contact with service ?
I got similar issue today
2019-12-28
Use props
Eka
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1293625 ft
Serbia

Please upload your flight logs showing this issue. That will help us understand why exactsly is happening and maybe make DJI finaly do something about it as it seems that this happens alot.
2019-12-29
Use props
stop-production
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Sme are saying this seems to be a prop issue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpumxfV-KeE
2019-12-29
Use props
fans8e299cb6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5693497 ft
United States

Same problem here!  At about 30%-40% battery,  it starts to complain about insufficient power and refuses to move more than 2-4mph and starts to drop in altitude.   There is NO WIND, no prop guards, happens regardless of what mode S/C/P.  I'm on latest firmware.  It's almost as if the battery doesn't provide enough power to keep the MM airborne.   Is there a solution or is a class action lawsuit appropriate?  

This ridiculous. As every time I fly,  my palms are sweaty from the suspense.....
2020-2-3
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

fans8e299cb6 Posted at 2-3 13:09
Same problem here!  At about 30%-40% battery,  it starts to complain about insufficient power and refuses to move more than 2-4mph and starts to drop in altitude.   There is NO WIND, no prop guards, happens regardless of what mode S/C/P.  I'm on latest firmware.  It's almost as if the battery doesn't provide enough power to keep the MM airborne.   Is there a solution or is a class action lawsuit appropriate?  

This ridiculous. As every time I fly,  my palms are sweaty from the suspense.....

Typical 'merican, reach for your lawyer.
2020-2-3
Use props
Art Vandelay
lvl.4
Flight distance : 95492 ft
United States

If you have a spare set, try putting on another complete set of factory props.  That has helped for a lot of people having this issue.  Ultimately, I believe, it will have to be fixed in a firmware update.
2020-2-3
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules