update/fixed MM stopped connecting to DJI FLY on Huawei MediaPad
2467 10 2019-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tripntx
lvl.2

United States

MM stopped connecting to my Huawei MediaPad M5 on the fourth day of use. I don't know what happen. It was connecting fine the past three days. Today it will not connect. Tablet recognizes cable plugged in and automatically starts DJI app when controller is turned on, but MM will not connect to it.

I tried a different cable, no joy.

Then I tried my Samsung S7 Active. It connects, and I can fly the MM with full video transmission to S7 Active.

Any ideas why the Huawei MediaPad has stopped connecting?
Any troubleshooting ideas?

2019-11-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, I am sorry for the trouble that your DJI Mavic Mini has caused. upon checking Huawei MediaPad M5 is not yet listed as a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly, it may work however we can't guarantee the stability of the said unit. for additional reference I will be posting a link ( https://www.dji.com/dji-fly ) for the compatible devices. Thank you.

2019-11-14
Use props
Tripntx
lvl.2

United States

I just performed a full system reset to factory on the MediaPad M5. If it doesn't connect again, or stops connecting again, then the MediaPad will be returned to Amazon. I only purchased a tablet to have a larger screen than my S7 Active cell phone.

I'll try looking up the setting for developer mode in this forum, and give it a try, but at this time I'm pretty bummed I spent $330 on a tablet that stopped talking to the MM.
2019-11-14
Use props
Tripntx
lvl.2

United States

Update, reset the table to factory. Wiped it clean. Downloaded the Fly app, and it is working again. Will test it daily to see if it stops again. Not going to setup my Microsoft 360 account or MS Cloud this time. The M5 was purchased as a screen for this MM, so I don't need word, excel, powerpoint, etc. on it.
2019-11-14
Use props
fliptwister
lvl.2
Flight distance : 22516 ft
United States

I was planning on using my MediaPad M5 8.4" with this drone so I hope this is not an ongoing issue. Do you think this is related to Microsoft 360 or MS Cloud?  
2019-11-14
Use props
Tripntx
lvl.2

United States

fliptwister Posted at 11-14 13:39
I was planning on using my MediaPad M5 8.4" with this drone so I hope this is not an ongoing issue. Do you think this is related to Microsoft 360 or MS Cloud?

I don't know for sure. I had set the M5 up as I would a laptop or cell phone, so a lot of stuff had been synced and setup on it.

Their is one thing I did last night that might have caused the issue today: I turned on developer tools, and turned on USB debugging, then turned on Aircraft Mode. Test the MM last night, and it worked, but today it didn't. I tried turning off developer mode, and turned off Airplane Mode, but it wouldn't connected until I performed the full factory reset. I will not turn on developer mode again unless their is a need to, and I will need to understand how it will need to be set up.

We will know by Sunday or Monday if this will be a continuing problem or not about the M5 losing connection to MM.
2019-11-14
Use props
Juliflash
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2923 ft

Spain

I already opened a post too, regarding Win 10 tablets https://forum.dji.com/thread-202020-1-1.html
Not sure why an App for Windows is not possible.
2019-11-14
Use props
Evolvic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2356 ft
United Kingdom

Does anyone know exactly which, if any Android tablets actually work with the Fly app?
2019-11-15
Use props
Tripntx
lvl.2

United States

I have been flying my MM several times a day the past 4 days, and the MediaPad M5 has been connecting with MM every time. Haven't had anymore problems. The screen is bright outside, and DJI FLY has been working flawlessly on the MediaPad since I reset the MediaPad M5 four mornings ago.
2019-11-17
Use props
gbiski
lvl.1
Flight distance : 570846 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Tripntx Posted at 2019-11-17 19:31
I have been flying my MM several times a day the past 4 days, and the MediaPad M5 has been connecting with MM every time. Haven't had anymore problems. The screen is bright outside, and DJI FLY has been working flawlessly on the MediaPad since I reset the MediaPad M5 four mornings ago.

Did you try again flying having activated the developers mode ?
2020-1-13
Use props
CamelToeInspecr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 53822 ft
United States

Tripntx Posted at 2019-11-17 19:31
I have been flying my MM several times a day the past 4 days, and the MediaPad M5 has been connecting with MM every time. Haven't had anymore problems. The screen is bright outside, and DJI FLY has been working flawlessly on the MediaPad since I reset the MediaPad M5 four mornings ago.

is it still working?
2020-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules