Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Serial Number doesn't match in app!!
6847 25 2019-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
that_HMMWV_guy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59511 ft
United States

I just realized that the serial # on the drone and the box arent the same as the serial # that is showing for the aircraft in the DJI fly app. When I registered the serial # for DJI care I used the serial # that is on the box and drone. My question is, is this normal and will it mess with my DJI care? Or which serial number should i have used?
2019-11-14
Use props
JPilotR
First Officer
Flight distance : 584662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Moderator will jump in and confirm I am sure, but there are a couple of serial numbers: The drone S/N, controller S/N, remote S/N, and sometimes camera S/N. I found the same issues too when I opened up my first DJI drone and registered... but a Moderator set me straight ultimately.

But let the Mod tell you which number goes into the DJI Care. They'll get to you soon. :-)
2019-11-14
Use props
that_HMMWV_guy
lvl.4
United States

JPilotR Posted at 11-14 13:19
Moderator will jump in and confirm I am sure, but there are a couple of serial numbers: The drone S/N, controller S/N, remote S/N, and sometimes camera S/N. I found the same issues too when I opened up my first DJI drone and registered... but a Moderator set me straight ultimately.

But let the Mod tell you which number goes into the DJI Care. They'll get to you soon. :-)

Yeah, the app is showing me the Aircraft S/N, Battery S/N, Remote S/N and Camera S/N. But none of them match the S/N that's on the box and mini. Also when I registered the S/N that's on the drone, Dji had the gimbal S/N listed in the service agreement, and its not the same S/N that's showing for camera in the app.
2019-11-14
Use props
dronie1965
Captain
Flight distance : 24452848 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I have got the same . In the app i am getting aircraft sn completely sonething else then the number written in the drone or box. My carefresh number however correspond with the number on the drone/box
2019-11-14
Use props
that_HMMWV_guy
lvl.4
United States

dronie1965 Posted at 11-14 13:39
I have got the same . In the app i am getting aircraft sn completely sonething else then the number written in the drone or box. My carefresh number however correspond with the number on the drone/box

My DJI care aircraft S/N is also the same as what's on the drone/box. I'm just worried that I registered the wrong number.
2019-11-14
Use props
dronie1965
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

that_HMMWV_guy Posted at 11-14 13:44
My DJI care aircraft S/N is also the same as what's on the drone/box. I'm just worried that I registered the wrong number.

That will be fine i guess. It might be possible that they all mixed up chips and parts in the factory and they stuck the wrong stickers on the drone and box. So many people have different numbers
2019-11-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, I am sorry for the trouble. Please PM me the serial number of the drone and the serial number on the box. Thank you.
2019-11-14
Use props
dronie1965
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-14 14:37
Hi, I am sorry for the trouble. Please PM me the serial number of the drone and the serial number on the box. Thank you.

please check my pm's
thanks drone1965
2019-11-14
Use props
that_HMMWV_guy
lvl.4
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-14 14:37
Hi, I am sorry for the trouble. Please PM me the serial number of the drone and the serial number on the box. Thank you.

PM sent. Thanks.
2019-11-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, thank you for the information. I have forwarded this concern to the designated DJI department. I have sent a PM. If you have time please check. Thank you.
2019-11-14
Use props
that_HMMWV_guy
lvl.4
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-14 16:00
Hi, thank you for the information. I have forwarded this concern to the designated DJI department. I have sent a PM. If you have time please check. Thank you.

You're welcome. Thanks for the help. If you sent a PM to me, I didn't get it.
2019-11-14
Use props
zephiruspt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2913 ft
Portugal

I had the same issue yesterday when I was ordering the DJI Care Refresh. Only the box SN was accepted anyway during the order so I think you have to use that one. After I made the order I talked with DJI by chat and they confirmed that everything was ok.
2019-11-14
Use props
that_HMMWV_guy
lvl.4
United States

zephiruspt Posted at 11-14 17:22
I had the same issue yesterday when I was ordering the DJI Care Refresh. Only the box SN was accepted anyway during the order so I think you have to use that one. After I made the order I talked with DJI by chat and they confirmed that everything was ok.

Thanks for the info. I’m still waiting to hear back from DJI, but knowing that makes me less worried.
2019-11-14
Use props
StubbornSwiss
First Officer
Flight distance : 480771 ft
United States

Greetings!

As I just posted in another thread I started earlier about finding my serial number, I too have now discovered that I am also having this same issue - SN on box and battery compartment not matching the Aircraft SN on app.

Please advise.

Thank you.
2019-11-14
Use props
StubbornSwiss
First Officer
United States

I should have added that I already registered the MM for Care Refresh using the SN from the box/battery compartment.

I  hope I don't run into any problems down the road.

Thanks.
2019-11-14
Use props
that_HMMWV_guy
lvl.4
United States

StubbornSwiss Posted at 11-14 18:54
I should have added that I already registered the MM for Care Refresh using the SN from the box/battery compartment.

I  hope I don't run into any problems down the road.

Same here. I hope there’s no issues if I ever need to start a claim with Dji care. I’ve contacted support and sent them pictures of the drone and box’s S/N’s matching and a pic of the drone’s app S/N. I’ll report back with what they tell me.
2019-11-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi all, we apologize for the confusion, for the SN of the aircraft and the Remote Controller which used to purchase DJI Care Refresh, please refer to the SN in the box or the stickers on the device (the SN of aircraft can be found on the battery compartment, the SN of the RC can be found on the back of the RC).

The Aircraft SN in the APP--About refers to the serial number of the flight controller, the Remote Controller SN means the serial number of the RC's mainboard, the Battery SN is the same with the SN on the stickers. Please don't mix them up.

We have forwarded your concern to our engineers to optimize the text in the APP. Sorry again for any misunderstanding.
2019-11-14
Use props
that_HMMWV_guy
lvl.4
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-14 22:23
Hi all, we apologize for the confusion, for the SN of the aircraft and the Remote Controller which used to purchase DJI Care Refresh, please refer to the SN in the box or the stickers on the device (the SN of aircraft can be found on the battery compartment, the SN of the RC can be found on the back of the RC).

The Aircraft SN in the APP--About refers to the serial number of the flight controller, the Remote Controller SN means the serial number of the RC's mainboard, the Battery SN is the same with the SN on the stickers. Please don't mix them up.

Thanks for clearing that up.
2019-11-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

that_HMMWV_guy Posted at 11-15 03:17
Thanks for clearing that up.

You are most welcome.
2019-11-15
Use props
StubbornSwiss
First Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-15 05:09
You are most welcome.

Thanks for the reply.
2019-11-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

No problem. Please let me know if you have any further questions.
2019-11-17
Use props
Kadmos
New
Flight distance : 34163 ft
Ireland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2019-11-17 18:56
No problem. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Hi,
So if I understand well, the Flight Controller SN and the Remote Controller SN displayed on the Fly App are not the actual SN of the devices ( drone and controller) but of components inside the former, am I correct?

I have a SN for Flight Controller ending by R, ( unlike on the drone and the box) so I was wondering if I got a refurbished instead of new Mavic Mini whereas the bought as new.
2020-10-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Kadmos Posted at 10-2 03:01
Hi,
So if I understand well, the Flight Controller SN and the Remote Controller SN displayed on the Fly App are not the actual SN of the devices ( drone and controller) but of components inside the former, am I correct?

You are almost correct about the SN in the APP, but the R in the flight controller doesn't mean anything. As long as you purchased a brand-new drone from the authorized channel and the drone was never activated, it is not refurbished basically.
2020-10-6
Use props
Pastor Ted
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1359642 ft
  • >>>
United States

dronie1965 Posted at 2019-11-14 15:11
please check my pm's
thanks drone1965

I also have the same problem with my Air2s
2023-1-22
Use props
djiuser_f01LiidMP1cC
New

United Kingdom

The QR CODE INTO of my dji mavic 3 cine desnt mach its show me BMW Websites , Any explanation for ?
Thanks
2-5 03:04
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_f01LiidMP1cC Posted at 2-5 03:04
The QR CODE INTO of my dji mavic 3 cine desnt mach its show me BMW Websites , Any explanation for ?
Thanks

Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out. May I confirm if you scan the QR code on the aircraft or the one on the box? Please try to scan it again for further testing. I hope to hear from you soon.
2-6 02:24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules