Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Original or fake battery
2890 21 2019-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Juliano Cruz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4158868 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Hi friends!

I need a help to identify if my brand new battery is original or fake.
It looks a little different than the others of mine... so I would like some tips and advises to identify if it's original or fake.

The new battery has the DJI logo, certify stamps, etc... but the ON/OFF button is a little inside, and the screw and tray track mark is different.

Some photos bellow:

Logo and stamps

Logo and stamps

Logo and stamps

Track tray mark

track tray mark

track tray mark

ON/OFF button a little inside the case

on/off button

on/off button

Screw shape/type

screw type

screw type

2019-11-14
Use props
KEJ
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi

For what its worth:

Your last picture(Screw shape/type) showing the screw not flush and not through the plastic guide mark certainly looks suspicious, coupled with the casing joint not being flush.

This may suggest the battery had been dropped or opened, alternatively is this a Friday afternoon produced battery ?

Also your second picture(Track tray mark) appears to have no additional guide rails on the outer edges of the casing or not so pronounced, which is certainly suspicious, unless that's down to lighting and angle of the shot when you took the pictures.

There is also the possibility these batteries are now being produced by a third party to a lower standard to save on cost etc, but to me(not an expert) it looks suspicious.

2019-11-14
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Take a picture of the pin connectors.
2019-11-14
Use props
Juliano Cruz
lvl.4
  • >>>
Brazil

Hi! Thanks  KEJ and AntDX316 for your attention!

Here are the connectors picture and more pictures of the battery:

Here are the screenshots of the battery dashboard and serial number:

2019-11-15
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
Flight distance : 610614 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Juliano Cruz Posted at 11-15 02:45
Hi! Thanks  KEJ and AntDX316 for your attention!

Here are the connectors picture and more pictures of the battery:

It's fake, Neither serial number is in DJI's database. The serial number you see in the app looks more like a normal phantom 4 battery serial number, while the sticker looks more like a phantom 4 pro serial number. So even if the serial numbers were real it would mean someone has taken the battery or tampered with the sticker, both void warranty.
2019-11-15
Use props
Juliano Cruz
lvl.4
  • >>>
Brazil

Hi Ben, thanks for your help!

Now I saw the other batteries and their serial number are the same of the stickers with QR code...
unfortunately they sold me a fake battery as a original, I'm feeling so stupid right now...
2019-11-15
Use props
KEJ
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Juliano Cruz Posted at 11-15 06:37
Hi Ben, thanks for your help!

Now I saw the other batteries and their serial number are the same of the stickers with QR code...

Did you pay by credit card or P@yp@1 by any chance ?

You should be able to make a claim.

Also looking at the finish and joints around the battery connector certainly hints at inferior quality.

2019-11-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Juliano Cruz. Thank you for reaching out. Let me check the serial number of this DJI Phantom 4 Intelligent Flight Battery on our DJI data base. I will be sending you a PM with regards to the information that i will be gathering. Thank you.
2019-11-15
Use props
Juliano Cruz
lvl.4
  • >>>
Brazil

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-15 07:56
Hello and good day Juliano Cruz. Thank you for reaching out. Let me check the serial number of this DJI Phantom 4 Intelligent Flight Battery on our DJI data base. I will be sending you a PM with regards to the information that i will be gathering. Thank you.

Thank you DJI Stephen! I'll be waiting for..
2019-11-15
Use props
Juliano Cruz
lvl.4
  • >>>
Brazil

KEJ Posted at 11-15 07:55
Did you pay by credit card or P@yp@1 by any chance ?

You should be able to make a claim.

Yes, I've payed by .....
I'll be waiting the answer of DJI Stephen and if necessary I'll make a claim.

The battery came packaged in a DJI case with printed manuals and warranty certificate.
2019-11-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Juliano Cruz Posted at 11-15 09:55
Thank you DJI Stephen! I'll be waiting for..

Hi. Thank you for patiently waiting. I have sent you a PM. Kindly please check it if you have time. Thank you.
2019-11-15
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

possibly reconditioned fake? the two halves from what i can see do not line up like that do with a new DJI one
2019-11-15
Use props
enoibaf
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1933356 ft
Italy

Hi to everybody,  DJI Paladin or DJI Stephen I'm writing to kindly ask if it is possible to check also my P4P battery, that I've just purchased, same problem of button a little inside and less easy to slide in to the aircraft. Serial is 0DQAG7T032000L, but this time the serial in the app is the same as the one on the label.
2019-11-17
Use props
SD_Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Battery photos especially the one with the big screw and the one with the on/off button screams FAKE - PHONY !!!  You need to try and recoup your $$$
2019-11-17
Use props
Goran_m_pg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 616070 ft
  • >>>
Montenegro

So was it confirmed that it is fake?
2019-11-17
Use props
Juliano Cruz
lvl.4
  • >>>
Brazil

Hi, sorry my delay I was traveling.
My battery is fake unfortunately...
2019-11-17
Use props
Juliano Cruz
lvl.4
  • >>>
Brazil

enoibaf Posted at 11-17 02:49
Hi to everybody,  DJI Paladin or DJI Stephen I'm writing to kindly ask if it is possible to check also my P4P battery, that I've just purchased, same problem of button a little inside and less easy to slide in to the aircraft. Serial is 0DQAG7T032000L, but this time the serial in the app is the same as the one on the label.

Is the serial in the sticker  different than the app?
2019-11-17
Use props
KEJ
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Juliano Cruz Posted at 11-17 20:19
Is the serial in the sticker  different than the app?

Annoying to say the least, have you managed to contact the seller ?
2019-11-18
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

enoibaf Posted at 11-17 02:49
Hi to everybody,  DJI Paladin or DJI Stephen I'm writing to kindly ask if it is possible to check also my P4P battery, that I've just purchased, same problem of button a little inside and less easy to slide in to the aircraft. Serial is 0DQAG7T032000L, but this time the serial in the app is the same as the one on the label.

The serial number you gave is real and if the label matches the app as you say, then it is safe to say that the battery is a genuine DJI battery.
2019-11-19
Use props
enoibaf
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1933356 ft
Italy

Ben Mason Posted at 11-19 01:00
The serial number you gave is real and if the label matches the app as you say, then it is safe to say that the battery is a genuine DJI battery.

Thank you very much Ben and Juliano and KEJ.
Ben, may I ask you where did you check it?
Anyway I purchased the battery from Amazon.it, and it was sold directly by Amazon EU (to have maximum vendor reliability)
And it asked for a firmware update just after connecting it to my P4P (successfully).
But the battery is so important it is better to minimize any doubt about it.
2019-11-19
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

enoibaf Posted at 11-19 02:29
Thank you very much Ben.
May I ask you where did you check it?
Anyway I purchased the battery from Amazon.it, and it was sold directly by Amazon EU (to have maximum vendor reliability)

DJI's database/server. If the serial number is in DJI's database then it is a real serial number.
2019-11-19
Use props
SD_Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Juliano Cruz Posted at 11-17 20:16
Hi, sorry my delay I was traveling.
My battery is fake unfortunately...

Exactly what I thought.
2019-11-20