Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI unveils free App drone-to-phone tracking
123Next >
8474 98 2019-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AirButterflyDrone
Captain
Flight distance : 4522884 ft
  • >>>
Qatar

DJI unveils Free App drone-to-phone tracking
DJI, which has an estimated 70% market share according to industry analysts, demonstrated its drone-to-phone transmission app at the United Nations aviation agency’s Drone Enable conference in Montreal.

DRONE ENABLE, ICAO's Third Unmanned Aircraft Systems Industry Symposium (DRONE ENABLE/3) 12 - 14 November 2019

SZ DJI Technology Co Ltd the world’s largest commercial drone maker,
company executives told on Wednesday it is developing technology (a free app) that would allow the public, for the first time,  to track and identify any modern DJI drone in flight using just a smartphone, in order to be  compliance with the pending regulatory approval in 2020

MavicAir2.jpeg

Brendan Schulman vice president of policy and legal affairs at DJI said :“We’ve created a remote identification solution that works with what people already have,”

DJI says its app would work on drones within a 1 kilometer (0.62 mile) range using WiFi Aware-enabled smart phones.

The push for remote identification technology comes amid regulatory calls for greater oversight of drone flight,

Industry is eying ways to better track and identify drones similar to the use of license plates for cars, ahead of eventual rules from regulators like the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).

Philip Kenul, who chairs an industry-led committee on drone identification standards said : “Remote identification is the #1 priority of the FAA with unmanned systems,” DJI_0317 2.jpeg

Alex
AirButterflyDrone.com

2019-11-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yeah, I heard it.
Not sure what to think of it.
2019-11-15
Use props
AirButterflyDrone
Captain
  • >>>
Qatar

Montfrooij Posted at 11-15 03:11
Yeah, I heard it.
Not sure what to think of it.

Hi Montfrooij

I honestly believe that in the end it is an advantage, a benefit ... for us drone users ... and for all other people too

in Europe EASA regulation will soon come into force
so , it will be foreseen to put a transmitter on the drones that gives the information in clear (transponder)
information like , position , altitudes, speed , direction Home point , piloto position , ID Drone

this must be available to be used by the police and common citizens ... in clear ...

so if this DJI proposal will become a standard ... accepted by EASA
and I will avoid having to buy and apply a transponder to all my drones ...
for me it would be wonderful ..

as DJI said,  the technology already exists ...
if it were also free ... why not use it
dji has about 70% of the market ... this means that this would solve a problem for about 70% of drone users ... for free ...

I have always used the drone in respect of the next ...
even at the beginning ... when I sometimes broke some limits, rule ... but always being very very careful not to disturb my neighbors .( close to me or faraway) ..

so if my drone is intercepted by people ... I don't think then these people will be angry with me ...

the same thing for the police ...

this awareness ... perhaps discourages those who use the drone to disturb ... or maybe subconsciously fly dangerously close (too much) to people ...

(the thing that scares me the most... is the propellers and children's reactions with drone )

what do you think about it ?
2019-11-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

AirButterflyDrone Posted at 11-15 20:20
Hi Montfrooij

I honestly believe that in the end it is an advantage, a benefit ... for us drone users ... and for all other people too

Depends on who is going to use it.
2019-11-16
Use props
AirButterflyDrone
Captain
  • >>>
Qatar

Montfrooij Posted at 11-16 11:01
Depends on who is going to use it.

I agree with you ...
but anyway, anyone uses the free app
can only read information
but he will never be able to take control of the drone, and even the photographs or images ...
so ... that he read my ID ...
this is what is prescribed by the new regulations that are coming ...
the free DJI app will probably make me avoid buying more devices to apply to the drone ...
that's why I like ... ...
but at the same time , does not like that this is mandatory
2019-11-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

AirButterflyDrone Posted at 11-16 12:18
I agree with you ...
but anyway, anyone uses the free app
can only read information

I'm not sure how much info is given from me.
2019-11-16
Use props
Shiner
lvl.1
Flight distance : 171440 ft
United Kingdom

Quite honestly?  This latest "update" worries me.

First of all, it turned out that the mavic freely broadcasts all your information including the controller location.  which was acceptable in the case of police or official use...

But with this latest news?  I don't see how Joe public having access is any benefit whatsoever,  Apart from the rare case when someone decides to camp your house or windows, then fine I could see that being helpful to then go "Oh, XXX did this with a registration number of XXX" and hand that info to the police.

But if we look at it another way. Just what information is going to be available to see in this app exactly?  If its just owner ID or registration, fine.  

But if its location, speed, and possibly even controller location.  Then just how long will it be till bands of criminals looking for easy targets start seeing us and the new app as a resource for thousands of pounds worth of goodies in the form of drones?

I just picture flying happily in a field minding my own business, when out of the blue, a band of people suddenly appear after driving round with said app looking for targets, and more than happily relieve you of your expensive gear.  Great theres public safety now.  But what about safety for us pilots?
2019-11-19
Use props
AirButterflyDrone
Captain
  • >>>
Qatar

Shiner Posted at 11-19 02:06
Quite honestly?  This latest "update" worries me.

First of all, it turned out that the mavic freely broadcasts all your information including the controller location.  which was acceptable in the case of police or official use...

Your point of view is interesting ...
Sometimes  I also look around before pulling out all my expensive equipment, and I think about that
so ... I understand your point of view ... (I have the same concerns)
however, for what I understand, in Europe and in the USA the new rules, (EASA and FAA) require broadcasting of our data ...
telemetry, direction speed and gps point, remote control position and when not available it Home point to RTH.
at the same time, the drone will have to be registered with an ID, so for the authorities, it will be easy to find the owner of him

therefore, I believe that even in the event of theft ...
I mean ... if someone steals your drone and then sells it or flies with it ,
here it will be really easy for the police to locate it and arrest the drone thief

which now, without the obligation to register, is not easy to have or to found it

in addition ...
another solution is to buy a transponder and apply it to the drone.
because the transmission of data will be mandatory in the new regulations (FAA and EASA)
so ... in my opinion is better save money ...
if this application will be accepted as the right one by the authorities ... it will all be for free ...
and who uses a DJI drone ... will not have to buy other expensive equipment ...

what do you say ?

to me too, everything that is new and mandatory bothers ...
but I try to adapt myself as well as possible

Alex
AirbutterflyDrone.com

2019-11-19
Use props
JohnK48
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311020 ft
United States

I wonder if DJI would consider offering to forum users the chance to bet Beta testers of this APP? I thought that I found a similar app from another source that did the same thing.  It did not work at all on my Mavic Mini.
2019-12-8
Use props
JohnK48
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311020 ft
United States

Hi Montfrooij

I agree, particularly after viewing a YouTube video where someone (Drone U channel) interviewed an expert in the field.  This is FAR less intrusive than other options that the various governments are thinking about. This is the equivalent of a license plate and other options are more like airplane transponders (currently going through a mandatory expensive update called ADDS-B) and requiring a massive ground based infrastructure that would cost billions of dollars.  Guess who would pay that bill?
2019-12-8
Use props
AirButterflyDrone
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

JohnK48 Posted at 12-8 15:39
I agree, particularly after viewing a YouTube video where someone (Drone U channel) interviewed an expert in the field.  This is FAR less intrusive than other options that the various governments are thinking about. This is the equivalent of a license plate and other options are more like airplane transponders (currently going through a mandatory expensive update called ADDS-B) and requiring a massive ground based infrastructure that would cost billions of dollars.  Guess who would pay that bill?

Yes it is .... I’m agree with you
Simple and for free ... maybe too easy ????
Too many times government and politicians have to shared billions dollars of cost with someone friend ...
otherwise, DJI has proposed a solution too simple ... but so maybe there is no profit .... nothing to share ... we'll see soon how it will end ...

about a beta test version ... I believe that in Europe  they need approval for privacy reasons
2019-12-8
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Hi Montfrooij

"what do you think about it ?"

The App should meet absolute minimum required by country's avaiation authority the App is used in.  In case of U.S. that would be what FAA eventually creates as a rule.

For example in US:

If FAA finally rules public should be able to determine ID of drone, then that is all App should provide, nothing more.  It should not provide GPS coordiantes of drone, drone's speed, drone's heading, or GPS coordinates of Pilot.

App in no way should provide a way for public to use ID of drone provided by App to identify owner / pilot of drone.  Such indetification should only be possible to Federal Law Enforcement, who can provide Legal justification.  Thus ensuring owner / pilot are not fasely accused of breaking drone flying laws.  Along with ensuring owner / pilot is not outed and harrassed by nut-cases.  Finaly ensuring owner / pilot is not targeted for robbery - either person or domicle.

There is also issue of Privacy, at least in U.S.  DJI's planned free Drone App is anything but.

2019-12-9
Use props
AirButterflyDrone
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 12-9 22:09
"what do you think about it ?"

The App should meet absolute minimum required by country's avaiation authority the App is used in.  In case of U.S. that would be what FAA eventually creates as a rule.

As you said ,  there are many different aspects to take into consideration ...
for example in my case,  it’s irrelevant , to be identified or not to be  ...
but at same time, I believe it is right to guarantee everyone, privacy rights...
in EU ... looks like , authorities want to get public more details about drones pilot to make easy his identification from everyone....
For sure this could have some benefits as like some consequences...
for example my car plate can be easily identified from everyone by free app ...
But only policemen or authorized person can found my address or other personal data ...
I mean... in my opinion should be something like your observations...
2019-12-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

AirButterflyDrone Posted at 12-10 05:23
As you said ,  there are many different aspects to take into consideration ...
for example in my case,  it’s irrelevant , to be identified or not to be  ...
but at same time, I believe it is right to guarantee everyone, privacy rights...

I think the problem here is, the American government through the FAA have requested from manufacturers an app to work REMOTE ID, so dji have demonstrated the app they developed, it was the FAA who requested that this be available to general public as well as security services and ATC, although dji objected and made it known here on this forum almost a year ago asking members both on the forum and by email to air their grievances to both EASA and FAA , they still had to come up with a working app which they did and have clearly said that use of this App would be clearly up to FAA and EASA, so we wait and see.

In Europe it’s illegal to give out information about any person over the internet without their permission and EASA have already taken this on board, we are lucky in Europe we have rules that fully protect us and we don’t ever need to brown nose the US government, as for the Americans they are completely at the mercy of the FAA .
2019-12-10
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 12-10 12:43
I think the problem here is, the American government through the FAA have requested from manufacturers an app to work REMOTE ID, so dji have demonstrated the app they developed, it was the FAA who requested that this be available to general public as well as security services and ATC, although dji objected and made it known here on this forum almost a year ago asking members both on the forum and by email to air their grievances to both EASA and FAA , they still had to come up with a working app which they did and have clearly said that use of this App would be clearly up to FAA and EASA, so we wait and see.

In Europe it’s illegal to give out information about any person over the internet without their permission and EASA have already taken this on board, we are lucky in Europe we have rules that fully protect us and we don’t ever need to brown nose the US government, as for the Americans they are completely at the mercy of the FAA .

it was the FAA who requested that this be available to general public as well as security services and ATC,

Can you provide a quote with link to FAA's website, where FAA specifically requested drone manufactures make a Remote ID App available to general public.  

To be clear: ARC report are suggestions to FAA.  Not FAA's final rule.  With final rule coming after FAA goes through rule making process and rule public comment period.  In ARC Report there are references to Public Official and Public Safety Officials or Agencies; those are not General Public.

2019-12-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 12-10 15:08
it was the FAA who requested that this be available to general public as well as security services and ATC,

Can you provide a quote with link to FAA's website, where FAA specifically requested drone manufactures make a Remote ID App available to general public.

I have provided all the proof ever needed on this forum. Look under the link for Activation Rule Making Committee and follow the trail.

So can you provide the proof that dji decided to build an app that would give out more information than was requested and that they said they would give this app out freely without the need for discussion as set out by the FAA .
2019-12-10
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 12-10 15:30
I have provided all the proof ever needed on this forum. Look under the link for Activation Rule Making Committee and follow the trail.

So can you provide the proof that dji decided to build an app that would give out more information than was requested and that they said they would give this app out freely without the need for discussion as set out by the FAA .

You have not provided Proof to back up your statement.  You keep pointing to a committee who was asked to make suggestions to FAA on Remote ID.

Until you provide a quote with link to FAA's website, where FAA specifically requested drone manufactures make Remote ID App available to general public, you are misleading forum members.
2019-12-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 12-10 17:33
You have not provided Proof to back up your statement.  You keep pointing to a committee who was asked to make suggestions to FAA on Remote ID.

Until you provide a quote with link to FAA's website, where FAA specifically requested drone manufactures make Remote ID App available to general public, you are misleading forum members.

You know it’s clear for anyone if they read some of your posts, you clearly started out saying the FAA had no intention of allowing public any access or information , your now saying FAA are going to allow public some access to identification information, because this was correctly pointed out to you.

You spend much of your time on this forum asking others for proof, but you think somehow you should have the privilege of not offering any proof, except to say that all who disagree with you are somehow lying.
So it’s time for you to offer proof of what your bandying about .
2019-12-11
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 12-11 02:29
You know it’s clear for anyone if they read some of your posts, you clearly started out saying the FAA had no intention of allowing public any access or information , your now saying FAA are going to allow public some access to identification information, because this was correctly pointed out to you.

You spend much of your time on this forum asking others for proof, but you think somehow you should have the privilege of not offering any proof, except to say that all who disagree with you are somehow lying.

More hm7isms false accusations for purpose of distractions.

Since you can not provide a quote with link to FAA's website, where FAA specifically requested drone manufactures make Remote ID App available to general public you were clearly B.lowing S.moke.
2019-12-11
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

An intentional misleading statement: "it was the FAA who requested that this be available to general public as well as security services and ATC"

2019-12-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 12-11 08:36
An intentional misleading statement: "it was the FAA who requested that this be available to general public as well as security services and ATC"

“DJI has choosen to broadcast Remote ID for anyone to receive and is providing a Free App to everyone.“

This is what HT wrote.

Now he is very fond of asking people to provide proof , but very aloof when it comes to showing his own proof, and he is this way about most of what he posts on this forum, always mouthing off about dji but with absolute no basis of truth, and as we can see above he tells us that dji are going to provide all of us and they will include the rest of the world also , but we all know he offers no proof so it’s a bunch of lies, I have provided all the proof needed in 2 other threads, that incidentally he thrashed just like he will do on this thread, because he’s not happy until he causes destruction.
ARC were charged by FAA , WHEN YOU CHARGE SOMEONE TO COME UP WITH RECOMMENDATIONS YOU GIVE THEM THE RESPONSIBILITY, NOTHING ELSE NEEDS PROVING .

Apologies to OP, I will refrain from any more commenting on this thread, I do think you will have a lot more difficulty getting rid of that rash above. He’s nothing but a troll
2019-12-11
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 12-11 10:07
“DJI has choosen to broadcast Remote ID for anyone to receive and is providing a Free App to everyone.“

This is what HT wrote.

See you are up to your old tricks again.  Twisting and SPINing to distract people from another hm7ism fabrication accusation.  

Your latest blarney - "your now saying FAA are going to allow public some access to identification information, because this was correctly pointed out to you."
As DJI Fanboy, how many Luck Charms are you given per your Troll comment?  

It does not matter one ioata if FAA finally publishes a Remote ID rule which requires drone manufactures to make Free apps available to General Public to identify drone owner/pilot.  At this time, FAA has not done so.  

However, DJI has announced they have created and demonstrated a Free app with intent to make App avialble to General Public to do more than proivde the Remote ID of drone.

2019-12-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 12-11 11:10
See you are up to your old tricks again.  Twisting and SPINing to distract people from another hm7ism fabrication accusation.  

Your latest blarney - "your now saying FAA are going to allow public some access to identification information, because this was correctly pointed out to you."

THE BIG FAT LIAR IS AT IT AGAIN.

WHERE DID DJI SAY THEY INTENDED TO GIVE APP OUT FREELY TO THE PUBLIC, THE APP THEY WHERE REQUESTED TO PRODUCE BY FAA. WHERES THE PROOF, OR IS THIS JUST ANOTHER IN YOUR LONG LIST OF LIES LIES AND MORE LIES.

YOUR PROBLEM IS YOU HATE DJI , BUT THE IRONY OF THAT IS YOU CANT KEEP AWAY.

HEDGETRIMMER WOULD STOOP TO ANY LEVEL TO PUT HIS HATRED FORWARD.

LAST TIME YOU SAID DJI INTENDED TO GIVE OUT FREE APP, WHERES THE PROOF, IF NONE IS COMING YOUR JUST A TROLL WHO LIES .
2019-12-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

“ It does not matter one ioata if FAA finally publishes a Remote ID rule which requires drone manufactures to make Free apps available to General Public to identify drone owner/pilot.  At this time, FAA has not done so.  ”

That was the whole point of the discussion you idiot, that the FAA where in the process of putting their recommendations up for discussion to the public regarding REMOTE ID, now the idiot is saying have the discussion after the horse has bolted , LMAO he’s completely lost the plot obviously back on the bottle .
2019-12-11
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 12-11 11:23
THE BIG FAT LIAR IS AT IT AGAIN.

WHERE DID DJI SAY THEY INTENDED TO GIVE APP OUT FREELY TO THE PUBLIC, THE APP THEY WHERE REQUESTED TO PRODUCE BY FAA. WHERES THE PROOF, OR IS THIS JUST ANOTHER IN YOUR LONG LIST OF LIES LIES AND MORE LIES.

hallmark007 - "WHERE DID DJI SAY THEY INTENDED TO GIVE APP OUT FREELY TO THE PUBLIC"

Read the OPs opening of thread:

"DRONE ENABLE, ICAO's Third Unmanned Aircraft Systems Industry Symposium (DRONE ENABLE/3) 12 - 14 November 2019
SZ DJI Technology Co Ltd the world’s largest commercial drone maker, company executives told on Wednesday it is developing technology (a free app) that would allow the public,
"

SZ DJI Technology Co Ltd aims to roll out a free app in 2020, pending regulatory approval, that would allow its users for the first time to identify any modern drone with a phone, company executives told Reuters.

“We’ve created a remote identification solution that works with what people already have,” said Brendan Schulman, vice president of policy and legal affairs at DJI.

DJI, the world’s leader in civilian drones and aerial imaging technology, today demonstrated a direct drone-to-phone, Wi-Fi based solution to remotely identify airborne drones, pioneering an easy way for anyone with a smartphone to monitor nearby drones

Christian Struwe, DJI Policy Director, Europe. “DJI’s drone-to-phone implementation helps accomplish that by allowing drone pilots to broadcast a simple description of their flights, so anyone viewing the smartphone app can understand that they are inspecting a roof, surveying a construction site, or performing another beneficial task with a drone.”

MONTREAL: SZ DJI Technology Co Ltd, the world's largest commercial drone maker, said on Wednesday that it was developing technology that would allow the public to track the registrations of drones in flight using just a smartphone, amid a broader industry push to make such data available.  "DJI aims to roll out a free app in 2020, pending regulatory approval, that would allow its users for the first time to identify any modern drone with a phone,'' company executives told Reuters.

2019-12-11
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 12-11 11:32
“ It does not matter one ioata if FAA finally publishes a Remote ID rule which requires drone manufactures to make Free apps available to General Public to identify drone owner/pilot.  At this time, FAA has not done so.  ”

That was the whole point of the discussion you idiot, that the FAA where in the process of putting their recommendations up for discussion to the public regarding REMOTE ID, now the idiot is saying have the discussion after the horse has bolted , LMAO he’s completely lost the plot obviously back on the bottle .

hallmark007 - Apologies to OP, I will refrain from any more commenting on this thread, I do think you will have a lot more difficulty getting rid of that rash above.

Lie much?

2019-12-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 12-11 17:48
hallmark007 - "WHERE DID DJI SAY THEY INTENDED TO GIVE APP OUT FREELY TO THE PUBLIC"

Read the OPs opening of thread:

Maybe post Brendan Schulmans interview or are you afraid that speaking the truth hurts your little fabrications, I think dji have clearly said THEY WONT BREACH ANY USERS PRIVACY AND WHATEVER THEIR APP IS USED FOR WILL BE THE FAA’S DECISION.

BUT YOU’D RATHER LIE TO GET YOUR RIDICULOUS POINT ACROSS.

WHAT BENEFIT WOULD DJI GET FROM PUBLISHING THEIR USERS PRIVATE INFORMATION , WE ALREADY KNOW THEY WONT BE DOING THIS IN EUROPE, WHAT MAKES AMERICANS SO SPECIAL THAT DJI WOULD FREELY BREACH THEIR PRIVACY, CONSIDERING THEY HAVE CLEARLY SAID THEY WOULD HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THAT, AND THIS STRAIGHT OUT OF THEIR MOUTHS AS YOU CAN SEE IN THE VIDEO.
NOT IN THE INTERNET ARTICLES YOU POSTED OF WHICH COMPLETELY CUT BY YOU TO SPREAD YOUR LIES BECAUSE OF YOUR RIDICULOUS HATE, YOUR AN IDIOT, NOW BE A GOOD BOY AND WATCH THE VIDEO.

What HT is trying to tell everyone is that dji are lying through their teeth in this video, and why, because it proves everything he says he’s making up to scaremonger.

2019-12-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

I mean really what kind of an idiot would believe that any Company would deeply offend ALL THEIR CUSTOMERS , not some ALL for 100% NO GAIN, but there will always be one idiot that would think such completely daft idea would be possible .
2019-12-12
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 12-12 02:09
Maybe post Brendan Schulmans interview or are you afraid that speaking the truth hurts your little fabrications, I think dji have clearly said THEY WONT BREACH ANY USERS PRIVACY AND WHATEVER THEIR APP IS USED FOR WILL BE THE FAA’S DECISION.

BUT YOU’D RATHER LIE TO GET YOUR RIDICULOUS POINT ACROSS.

You demanded an answer --> hallmark007 - "WHERE DID DJI SAY THEY INTENDED TO GIVE APP OUT FREELY TO THE PUBLIC"

You got your answer (and more) --> "DRONE ENABLE, ICAO's Third Unmanned Aircraft Systems Industry Symposium (DRONE ENABLE/3) 12 - 14 November 2019
  SZ DJI Technology Co Ltd the world’s largest commercial drone maker,  company executives told on Wednesday it is developing technology (a free app) that would allow the public,
"

Now you are stuck covering up answer with more of your Twisting and SPINing; to keep from looking like a DJI Fanboy Trolling Fool.

DJI plans to provide Free drone tracking App to general public.

"Using a simple app, anyone within radio range of the drone can receive  that signal and learn the location, altitude, speed and direction of the  drone, as well as an identification number for the drone and the  location of the pilot."

2019-12-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

I see the idiot is still calling both the interviewer and interviewee liars , like does anyone take this cut and paste guy seriously, he’s obviously a real problem with drink or he’s off his meds.

But we shall see very soon.
And people should remember what this idiot said.
He said, THAT DJI WERE GIVING OUT A FREE APP TO THE WHOLE WORLD THAT WOULD ALLOW ALL USERS INFORMATION TO BE READILY AVAILABLE, AN APP THAT WOULD CLEARLY VIOLATE THEIR PRIVACY . NOW WHAT DO WE KNOW, 1 HE GOT IT 100% WRONG FOR ALL DRONE USERS IN EUROPE, AND IM QUITE CONFIDENT HE GOT IT WTONG FOR THE REST OF THE WORLD.

HE SPENDS HIS TIME GETTING STUFF WRONG ON THIS FORUM.

Quick lookout here comes the launch of cut and paste. Give him his meds somebody.

Just so people are aware, this is what ARC recommended to FAA , and what the FAA charged them to come up with, and is what Schulman above in the video has asked that all drone users lobby directly against the FAA, I mean really does that sound like dji are trying to force an app on their users, please read below . Proposals from ARC charged by FAA

The NPRM will describe how remote ID information will be collected, managed and distributed in various levels to different stakeholders. The electronic registration number of nearby drones (within 400m) should be visible to the public on a smart phone via Bluetooth 4 and WIFI communications. Law enforcement agencies will have more information about the drone’s ownership at longer ranges, via more powerful handheld devices.

2019-12-12
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 12-12 08:14
I see the idiot is still calling both the interviewer and interviewee liars , like does anyone take this cut and paste guy seriously, he’s obviously a real problem with drink or he’s off his meds.

But we shall see very soon.

hallmark007, why do you continue to make false statements and false accusations when proof you demanded, is provided with Links?

Is it because you can't handle truth?   Is it because you have to save face?  Is it because you are Trolling? Is it to bury facts?  

Here it is again:
You demanded an answer --> hallmark007 - "WHERE DID DJI SAY THEY INTENDED TO GIVE APP OUT FREELY TO THE PUBLIC"

You got your answer (and more) --> "DRONE ENABLE, ICAO's Third Unmanned Aircraft Systems Industry Symposium (DRONE ENABLE/3) 12 - 14 November 2019
   SZ DJI Technology Co Ltd the world’s largest commercial drone  maker,  company executives told on Wednesday it is developing technology  (a free app) that would allow the public,
"

Now you are stuck covering up answer with more of your Twisting and  SPINing; to keep from looking like a DJI Fanboy Trolling Fool.

DJI plans to provide Free drone tracking App to general public.

"Using a simple app, anyone within radio range of the drone  can receive  that signal and learn the location, altitude, speed and  direction of the  drone, as well as an identification number for the  drone and the  location of the pilot."
2019-12-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 12-12 12:39
hallmark007, why do you continue to make false statements and false accusations when proof you demanded, is provided with Links?

Is it because you can't handle truth?   Is it because you have to save face?  Is it because you are Trolling? Is it to bury facts?  

I suppose you are continuing to say the two guys in the video are lying . What an idiot this guy really is, but we shall see soon enough .
2019-12-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

It’s only when you read down into statements you see Just how low this HT will stoop and how he will try to fabricate his lies and for what, The guy is not well, he’s staring in the face of going around many threads spreading his lies fabricating statements, and for what, his own inflated ego, djis statement below, it clearly shows that no app will be released to for public use until AVAITION REGULATORS say so, what an incredible liar this guy is.

From dji statement:

Aviation regulators in many countries are moving to require remote ID systems for drones as a solution to concerns about drone safety and security. The U.S. Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has said it will release a mandatory remote ID proposal by the end of this year. The rulemaking process will take more than a year to complete, but an FAA industry committee has URGED manufacturers to develop voluntary remote ID systems in the interim. The European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) will impose remote ID requirements in July 2020. The app and the associated drone firmware updates used for DJI’s demonstration this week are NOT AVAILABLE FOR PUBLIC USE, pending further direction from AVAITION REGULATORS  and final publication of the ASTM International standard.

I would think that all members would welcome dji designing an app which was requested by the FAA that's FREE, rather than hand more money over to the greedy American Government , and knowing that dji have already said that what is paramount for them is users privacy a statement which is fully backed by Schulman in video above which our friend can't bare to look at LMAO .

2019-12-12
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 12-12 15:27
I suppose you are continuing to say the two guys in the video are lying . What an idiot this guy really is, but we shall see soon enough .

While you are saying DJI Technology Co Ltd, Lied to media about their plan for DJI's Remote ID App being available to general public for free.

Dang are facts a stubborn thing or what.  Instead of blaming me, why don't you take it up with DJI Technology.  After all it is their propaganda, and their demonstration.
BTW: Ever thought that subject of DJI's Remote ID App being available to general public for free, didn't come up in interview?

2019-12-12
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 12-12 15:51
It’s only when you read down into statements you see Just how low this HT will stoop and how he will try to fabricate his lies and for what, The guy is not well, he’s staring in the face of going around many threads spreading his lies fabricating statements, and for what, his own inflated ego, djis statement below, it clearly shows that no app will be released to for public use until AVAITION REGULATORS say so, what an incredible liar this guy is.

From dji statement:

"I would think that all members would welcome dji designing an app which was requested by the FAA"

Again post a link to FAA's website, where FAA specifically requested DJI develop a Remote ID App, make APP provide drone's altitude, GPS position, direction, speed, and location of Drone pilot; and provide said App for use by general public all for free.

Thus far, you have repeated your claim, but never backed up your claim with a link to FAA telling DJI too.  
2019-12-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 12-12 17:55
While you are saying DJI Technology Co Ltd, Lied to media about their plan for DJI's Remote ID App being available to general public for free.

Dang are facts a stubborn thing or what.  Instead of blaming me, why don't you take it up with DJI Technology.  After all it is their propaganda, and their demonstration.

Your just lying again , it seems you can’t resist a lie, I posted statement from dji it differs completely with the rubbish you posted, but we shall see.

I suppose you believe everything the media prints and then you go resizing cutting and pasting your own lies LMAO HeHe, I think when we see app released with users privacy protected, you’ll be eating your lies, and I will gladly feed them to you .
2019-12-12
Use props
AirButterflyDrone
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

wamuBugMe Posted at 12-25 21:25
DJI notes that the application will work for drones within a 1 km radius using smartphones with Wi-Fi Aware support. Over the past few years, the company has not yet completed a list of compatible devices. In turn, I want to check the application for tracking any Android device using software: https://www.refog.com/phone-tracker.html

interesting and scary
2019-12-26
Use props
AirButterflyDrone
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

Have a quick look here on the link below

https://www.dji.com/newsroom/news/dji-reviewing-faa-proposal-to-identify-drones-in-american-skies

DJI Is Reviewing FAA Proposal To Identify Drones In American Skies....
FAA Rule For Remote Identification Intends To Bolster Safety, Security And Accountability

December 26, 2019 – DJI, the world’s leader in civilian drones and aerial imaging technology, is reviewing today’s proposed rule from the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) to remotely identify drones in American skies. The FAA proposal outlines its own approach to identify airborne drones, which is a major step toward integrating drones into everyday life for business, government, education, photography and fun.

continue ....  https://www.dji.com/newsroom/news/dji-reviewing-faa-proposal-to-identify-drones-in-american-skies
2019-12-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 12-12 18:07
"I would think that all members would welcome dji designing an app which was requested by the FAA"

Again post a link to FAA's website, where FAA specifically requested DJI develop a Remote ID App, make APP provide drone's altitude, GPS position, direction, speed, and location of Drone pilot; and provide said App for use by general public all for free.

How many links would you need posting now .
2019-12-27
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 12-27 11:20
How many links would you need posting now .

Article from yesterday after the FAA posted PDF "Remote Identification of Unmanned Aircraft Systems".  

At time, I choose not to post it; rather than see more egg on your face.

US proposes remote ID requirement for drones(26 Dec 2019)

“Remote ID technologies will enhance safety and security by allowing  the FAA, law enforcement, and federal security agencies to identify  drones flying in their jurisdiction,” said US Transportation Secretary  Elaine Chao, whose agency includes the FAA.
According to the text of the rule, the requirement would enable  officials to remotely identify any drone in real time and “assist  federal security partners in threat discrimination — allowing them to  identify an operator and make an informed decision regarding the need to  take actions to mitigate a perceived security or safety risk.”

Doesn't say one thing about Public being able too.  Only FAA, LEOs, and Fed Security agencies.

2019-12-27
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules