o(^-^)o
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

I am Learning more and More that  when there is a concern about :

• Hard Boot
  • Battery low issue
  • usb connection
And address to the site the  Team just seems to pass along and that is the end of the conversation on it. never to be heard.   

Thank you for the funds + five

Fish
2019-11-15
Use props
DeeJayOne
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Add to that the flickering issue... I've asked a couple of times and bumped the thread a couple of times and no official response, even though they go into every other thread with seemingly the same old boilerplate response.

2019-11-15
Use props
Mizzu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 431873 ft
Germany

Well, let's be honest. The DJI Support doesn't respond to anything in general. Only "Thanks, we will forward this" and that's all. A little disappointing. I would like to know at least when we can expect any Firmware update. This month? The next few months? I'm getting impatient...
2019-11-15
Use props
Mizzu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 431873 ft
Germany

DeeJayOne Posted at 11-15 05:49
Add to that the flickering issue... I've asked a couple of times and bumped the thread a couple of times and no official response, even though they go into every other thread with seemingly the same old boilerplate response.

For your flickering: I have this as well but only on my little display and only when filming in slow-motion.
Is it also in the finished video when you watch it on Computer?
2019-11-15
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Truth Hurts bottom line Keep silent with them wins
2019-11-15
Use props
DeeJayOne
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Mizzu Posted at 11-15 05:53
For your flickering: I have this as well but only on my little display and only when filming in slow-motion.
Is it also in the finished video when you watch it on Computer?

Hi Missu,

Yes indeed the flickering occurs in the finished video (I’ve had a couple of shoots ruined by it).

See here for details and examples: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 418&pid=1983325

Note I went to try it in a professional studio with all lighting stable and set at 50Hz to enable a controlled environment and the flickering occurred whatever the Osmo Action was set to.
2019-11-15
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Yeah that is where gopro shines its a bug that DJI needs to correct, they just like answering    posts that got video     . yet they really reach out to the video itself.   
2019-11-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Fish, we apologize for the unpleasant experience with our support or Forum admins, could you please post more details about your concern? I will follow up, thank you.
2019-11-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DeeJayOne Posted at 11-15 08:40
Hi Missu,

Yes indeed the flickering occurs in the finished video (I’ve had a couple of shoots ruined by it).

The Osmo action eliminates the flicker of the light source by adjusting the shutter speed and frame rate. However, it can only meet the light source of some mainstream frequencies, such as fluorescent lamps with 50Hz or 60Hz flickering frequency, energy-saving lamps, etc. But it cannot effectively suppress flicker for some non-standard frequency light sources.
Some of the lights have unstable flashing frequency. For this part of the light source, there is no way to filter the anti-flicker function. It is recommended to manually adjust the shutter time and frame rate.
If your anti-flicker is set to 50Hz, it is recommended to shoot with 25/50fps.
2019-11-16
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-16 03:35
Hi Fish, we apologize for the unpleasant experience with our support or Forum admins, could you please post more details about your concern? I will follow up, thank you.

lets take this one at  a time

Hardboot, find that post and respond
2019-11-16
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

SItting in a doctors office  this is not . like BeatleJuice pick a number and Wait........................
2019-11-16
Use props
DeeJayOne
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-16 03:43
The Osmo action eliminates the flicker of the light source by adjusting the shutter speed and frame rate. However, it can only meet the light source of some mainstream frequencies, such as fluorescent lamps with 50Hz or 60Hz flickering frequency, energy-saving lamps, etc. But it cannot effectively suppress flicker for some non-standard frequency light sources.
Some of the lights have unstable flashing frequency. For this part of the light source, there is no way to filter the anti-flicker function. It is recommended to manually adjust the shutter time and frame rate.

Thanks for the reply.

Please take a look here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 418&pid=1983325

Note I was working in a professional studio, with professional studio lighting setup at 50Hz (confirmed).

The anti-flicker did not work on the Osmo Action at any frame rate or resolution with multiple tests. All other cameras (we tested several different types) coped fine. Only the Osmo Action created flickering.
2019-11-17
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-16 03:43
The Osmo action eliminates the flicker of the light source by adjusting the shutter speed and frame rate. However, it can only meet the light source of some mainstream frequencies, such as fluorescent lamps with 50Hz or 60Hz flickering frequency, energy-saving lamps, etc. But it cannot effectively suppress flicker for some non-standard frequency light sources.

Any info yet on that hard boot, or should I simply mark this down as  no fix.
2019-11-17
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D696%26typeid%3D696

Z......................................
2019-11-21
Use props
Mini M
lvl.3

Ireland

Not great .....
2019-11-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Fishycomics Posted at 11-21 05:01
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=200889&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D696%26typeid%3D696

Z......................................

Hi Fish, so sorry for the late response, it has been very busy recently because of the release of the Mavic Mini, I have replied in this post, please check, thanks.
2019-11-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DeeJayOne Posted at 11-17 05:30
Thanks for the reply.

Please take a look here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=191418&pid=1983325

We will forward the issue to our engineers for further advice, I will keep you updated, thank you.
2019-11-22
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-22 00:38
Hi Fish, so sorry for the late response, it has been very busy recently because of the release of the Mavic Mini, I have replied in this post, please check, thanks.

Hi Fish, we are terribly sorry for the late response, may we have the logs of the issue for analysis?
The Osmo Action's camera logs are files stored under the /MISC/LOG/ Folder in the SD card directory.
Note: Since this is a hidden folder, please turn on the hidden item view permission first, such as tick "Hidden items".

Once you export, please upload to Dropbox or Google Drive and post the link here, thanks.

DJI Mindy

Thank you  We all like a answer  to the Low battery. We all  wanted an answer to why we are not getting answered and that is clear Sales and the Mini.  thank you. Became more priority over an issue

"Sales  became important over a important issue that we have and that is  Customer service for you.
2019-11-22
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Oh thank you for the reiend Invite  hours  before a Post was answered DjiMindy.
2019-11-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules