Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
First Indoors Mavic Mini Flight and a small crash!
2464 11 2019-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DarrenG
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Took my Mavic Mini for its first indoor flight and everything went well until I landed it on a kitchen counter top and it flle off onto the floor.

No harm done except the rubber isolating hangers either side of the camera gimbal came undone where they clip into the shell.  And boy are they tricky to re-attach!  Was very tricky to do, hope I don't have to repeat that too often!
2019-11-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Always hard to fly indoor.
2019-11-15
Use props
JodyB
Captain
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry that happened, give the rest of us a little knowledge of things to come though. Maybe things get easier with practice??
2019-11-15
Use props
Juliflash
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2923 ft

Spain

What are the rubber hangers you mention?
Why did it went to the floor?
I´m receiving mine next week and wheather report says water forever... so I may fly indoors too...
2019-11-15
Use props
zephiruspt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2913 ft
Portugal

I only flew it indoors. I'm in a no-zone and didn't have the time to go out and try it. Indoors it acts like a tripod, is super smooth, super stable, I'm very very impressed.
Always use the protections indoor, always!
2019-11-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about the incident. Please fly the aircraft in an open area where in there's no interference to avoid the incident. Thank you for your support.
2019-11-15
Use props
DarrenG
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Interference had nothing to do with it, pilot error, I landed it with one leg just on edge of counter and it slipped off, my fault entirely.

If you look at the gimbal, you will see it hangs on small three rubber mounts. One at the rear and one either side, in my case both side ones popped out.
2019-11-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

First flights recommended outside in open area, glad not to much damage, good luck and enjoy.
2019-11-15
Use props
Juliflash
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2923 ft

Spain

DarrenG Posted at 11-15 07:53
Interference had nothing to do with it, pilot error, I landed it with one leg just on edge of counter and it slipped off, my fault entirely.

If you look at the gimbal, you will see it hangs on small three rubber mounts. One at the rear and one either side, in my case both side ones popped out.

Thanks for the info! it may come in handy.
2019-11-15
Use props
djiuser_G18eMwIYTVgq
lvl.1

United States

Can it fly indoor without GPS ?
2020-4-19
Use props
deathsquad
First Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Be very careful flying it indoors. It can drift into walls with poor light and no gps.
2020-4-19
Use props
Deucalion
Second Officer
Flight distance : 103091 ft
United States

Definitely use the guards if you have them. It flies ok indoors, as long as you keep it simple, but I will admit, this is the only time I ever hit anything. I can understand people saying not to bother. But if you just hover and get used to the controls, it is pretty safe. It is when you start trying to fly through and around stuff in the house that you get in trouble.
2020-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules