Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI has introduced its Remote ID
3303 5 2019-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ivy's
Captain
Flight distance : 646230 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

I found this:

DJI’s remote identification solution, developed in collaboration with industry stakeholders and regulators, broadcasts information from drones directly to off-the-shelf mobile phones using existing Wi-Fi protocols. Using a simple app, anyone within radio range of the drone can receive that signal and learn the location, altitude, speed and direction of the drone, as well as an identification number for the drone and the location of the pilot.

https://www.dji.com/newsroom/news/dji-demonstrates-direct-drone-to-phone-remote-identification

I would like my DJI Mavic Air with this software and the Android app for my smartphone!
My DJI Mavic Air is registered with Belgian government and the ID is in my DJI Mavic Air already...

2019-11-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Ivy's. Thank you for sharing these information with us and thank you for your valued support.
2019-11-15
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I'm of two minds about this. I understand the reason, but I also see pitfalls for the operator. I've spoken with a number of people who will hold an irrational view of drones regardless of whether they know the drones are anywhere near them or not, and if they knew the location of the operator they'd seek them out to insert their controller in an orifice it's not designed to be in.

Perhaps if the app was not freely available to ANYONE, but restricted to use by air regulators and the police (especially at outdoor events), that'd be safer?
2019-11-15
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Captain
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 11-15 14:04
I'm of two minds about this. I understand the reason, but I also see pitfalls for the operator. I've spoken with a number of people who will hold an irrational view of drones regardless of whether they know the drones are anywhere near them or not, and if they knew the location of the operator they'd seek them out to insert their controller in an orifice it's not designed to be in.

Perhaps if the app was not freely available to ANYONE, but restricted to use by air regulators and the police (especially at outdoor events), that'd be safer?

nothing good about giving general ability the ability to see where a pilot is, hyperfocus on their flying of ther $1800 mavic 2 pro or $3000 - $10,000 inspire 2.. just putting a bounty on you and waiting for someone to take it.   
2019-11-15
Use props
MagicRide
First Officer
Flight distance : 6766027 ft
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 11-15 14:09
nothing good about giving general ability the ability to see where a pilot is, hyperfocus on their flying of ther $1800 mavic 2 pro or $3000 - $10,000 inspire 2.. just putting a bounty on you and waiting for someone to take it.

I agree, this app should be only for law enforcement people and not for the general public. All it does is create unnecessary conflict with people who simply hate drones. I fly around my neighborhood and do it legally without infringing on anyone's privacy, but there are those who will now take the opportunity to knock on my door without any basis.
2019-11-15
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Captain
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

MagicRide Posted at 11-15 15:33
I agree, this app should be only for law enforcement people and not for the general public. All it does is create unnecessary conflict with people who simply hate drones. I fly around my neighborhood and do it legally without infringing on anyone's privacy, but there are those who will now take the opportunity to knock on my door without any basis.

yep, been there done that as well.  had several police encounters cuz of my drone and people reporting me..  encountered unruly neighbors threatening me and my equipment.

... just a few days ago i got threatened with arrest by a retired officer who i challenged to arrest me . like do it.  he called someone on his phone and his face changed from smug to like "ohhhh.." he just left us alone, didn't talk to us and refused to even acknowledge us calling him out. when walking away  
2019-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules