123Next >
95740 104 2019-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Espace2020
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11119 ft

djiuser_COA6z1UzrgrV Posted at 2019-12-4 13:32
Hi everyone ! Been using Samsung S5 galaxy on my DJI spark and now just bought DJI Mavic mini and will the Samsung S5 galaxy phone work with this drone too ?

Hi.

On an S5 -> Clearly not !!!

We have 3x S5 + 1x S5 mini to confirm that ONLY Dji Fly App does not work! (the "ex" those of my children)
I had to buy a Cubot Quest Lite (for the exterior (iP68)) cheap and works perfectly ...... whatever ...

...On the other hand, Dji Fly still contains a lot of  bugs without speaking about the restrictions of the flight limits "made in Dji"

2020-2-26
Use props
Espace2020
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11119 ft

perfect
Your message : (first post)https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=202136

should be "frozen" at all resellers in the product description!
This will prevent the resellers from having product returns, because of this ...

2020-2-26
Use props
Gimborgo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 111378 ft
Italy

Hi, thank you for your guide.

I have a Samsung A3 2017 (SM-A320FL), the AnTuTu Banchmark reports it to be a 64-bit, 8 x ARM Cortex-A53 (yes, just the one  used as an example), with Android 8. And yet I cannot install the App.
I also tried to install LineageOS with Android 9, but I wasn't lucky.
I rooted the phone as well. Nothing.
I tried to install via adb and I got the error INSTALL_FAILED_NO_MATCHING_ABIS that made me even more confused since it is due to the lack of "native libraries".
Any advice is welcome.
Regards,
Giorgio
2020-2-26
Use props
Faudgie
lvl.1

Germany

Gimborgo Posted at 2-26 13:46

I have a Samsung A3 2017 (SM-A320FL), the AnTuTu Banchmark reports it to be a 64-bit, 8 x ARM Cortex-A53 (yes, just the one  used as an example), with Android 8. And yet I cannot install the App.

As stated in this article, just like AnTuTu states, the A3 2017 (which i had) has a 64-bit processor, but Samsing only distributes 32-bit Android on those phones. That means that it will not be compatible with this model.

On the other hand, LineageOS is a completely different OS from Android : the Fly app is not developed for it : that will not fix the issue.

In hope that helps.
2020-2-26
Use props
djiuser_IdyG1X7kgF9X
New

Belgium

djiuser_IdyG1X7kgF9X Posted at 2-26 03:07
Would Xiaomi mi 9t run it? I know Xiaomi mi 9 lite will but im interested in mi 9t?
I asked that on reddit but didn't quite get the answer i looked for.

Update to anyone wondering or looking to buy xiaomi mi 9t
App runs perfectly fine on the phone.
2020-2-26
Use props
fans3b115b19
New

Canada

Motorola Z2 play in not compatible despite having "Octa-core, 2200 MHz, ARM Cortex-A53, 64-bit, 14 nm" DJI responded with "Motorola Z2 Play is currently not compatible with the DJI Fly app and the Mavic Mini. Currently, we suggest you use the mobile device in the compatibility list."
My Samsung Galaxy Tab E 8" is also not compatible.  
Luckily there are used Iphone 6 out there for $100cdn.
2020-2-28
Use props
Nidge
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Not directly connected to the Mavic Mini but may have some relevance.

One member of another forum I subscribe to has an issue where the DJIFly APP runs on his device (hasn’t given details of device yet) but he has no live video stream. I believe he has disabled mobile data, which can sometimes be attributed to this problem, but no difference. Everything else in the APP works fine, even the histogram is showing lighting changes in real-time.

Up until yesterday I had exactly the same problem with the new Powervision PowerEgg X drone combo. I was using a Samsung S7 which Powervision also recommended. I tried using a Samsung S6 but the results were exactly the same. However it worked perfectly with my Huawei M5Lite8 Tablet, the problem is there’s no way to physically mount the tablet to the controller. The common denominator appeared to be the GPU used on the Samsung phones. I searched for a phone that uses the same GPU as the Huawei tablet and acquired a Huawei P30Lite. Now I have full 1080x1920 video downlink, both by WiFi connection to the drone and by direct USB connection to the drone’s controller.

I did try Powervision’s online support but it was very much like DJI’s, even going as far as to ask if I’d

Nidge.
2020-2-29
Use props
djiuser_D0snUd6pk9o5
lvl.2
Vietnam

Hi everyone,
According to this guide, the DJI Fly app can only work with CPU which has the ARM 64-bit architecture
In my case, I want to use a Raspberry Pi 4 to use the DJI Fly app because the CPU of it is feasible (Broadcom BCM2711 SoC with a 1.5 GHz 64-bit quad-core ARM Cortex-A72 processor)
I want to ask if this is possible or not
Thank in advance
2020-4-17
Use props
Faudgie
lvl.1

Canada

djiuser_D0snUd6pk9o5 Posted at 4-17 19:31
Hi everyone,
According to this guide, the DJI Fly app can only work with CPU which has the ARM 64-bit architecture
In my case, I want to use a Raspberry Pi 4 to use the DJI Fly app because the CPU of it is feasible (Broadcom BCM2711 SoC with a 1.5 GHz 64-bit quad-core ARM Cortex-A72 processor)

Raspberry Pi doesn't run on Android... How would you run the DJI Fly app on it ?...
2020-4-18
Use props
djiuser_31VgwRojzmRa
lvl.1

New Zealand

Hi everyone,

I'm running dji mini fly app on a Xiaomi Redmi 8 and everything works fine, apart from one small issue in the editor. I can't share/export the edited video, when "generating video" starts,it jumps back to the editor.
When tried "share" icon again, editor ends to black screen.
If any one knows a possible solution, advice would be much appreciated.

Many thanks
2020-4-22
Use props
djiuser_k56G4duI5MhK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 53668 ft
Greece

I have yet to receive 1.0.8 on my Samsung S10e and it has been more than a month now i think since it was released officially in this world.
Got that other firmware update today for fps etc but obvisouly need the latest 1.0.8 for them to work, white balance etc show up. Dont remember the version of this update but obviously it is an add-on. The versions get confusing with these updates to say at least!

2020-4-24
Use props
nicovis
lvl.3
Italy

Do not buy the Mavic Mini if you have a Samsung Note 8 in Exynos version. It's not compatible.
2020-4-24
Use props
Suzuki Mike
lvl.1
Flight distance : 264596 ft
United Kingdom

Thank you for the information. I've got DJI GO and G0 4 plus Pilot on my tablet running Android 8.1 for my P3 Pro and Mavic Pro but Fly app will not work for my new Air 2... which is frustrating as I need a big screen! Again thank you for taking the time to share your knowledge.
2020-5-18
Use props
djiuser_bXgmkWczX8QK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 100915 ft
United States

I wish I had seen this prior to ordering the Mavic Air 2, it is now useless to me....
2020-5-22
Use props
Hankster42
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14304 ft
United States

Mike Dunn Posted at 2019-12-7 17:34
do you know if the Moto Z3 will work on the Mini

Yes the Moto Z3 is what I use and have been flying the Mini since Dec 2019.
2020-5-22
Use props
Hankster42
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14304 ft
United States

YouKnowWho Posted at 2019-12-15 18:21
MOTO Z3 is not compatible

Must have a bad one because I've been flying my Mini since Dec 2019 with my MOTO Z3.  Maybe your talking about a MOTO Z3 Play.... different animal.
2020-5-22
Use props
quotSpeedyquot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 405587 ft
United States

I had just started using my 2016 Tab A 10'1 w/ Go 4 and liking it, it's a 64 bit Octa and capable I'm sure to use Fly. Guess It's all that video editing social media that's being brought in. Would've been sweet getting a Go 5 with more telemetry and doppler!  
2020-6-12
Use props
djiuser_CY01fgvZDIck
lvl.1
Flight distance : 538071 ft
United States

Just updated my Pixel 2 XL - it appears that DJI Fly is not yet compatible with Android 11.
Luckily I did have a backup device, but it would be nice if support could be added soon. Right now it just starts to open and then crashes.
2020-6-14
Use props
djiuser_PQDDjnKIYw1b
New

Spain

djiuser_CY01fgvZDIck Posted at 6-14 17:22
Just updated my Pixel 2 XL - it appears that DJI Fly is not yet compatible with Android 11.
Luckily I did have a backup device, but it would be nice if support could be added soon. Right now it just starts to open and then crashes.

Same problem here. Pixel 4xl just updated to Android 11 beta 1 and the app always crashes when opening.
2020-6-22
Use props
djiuser_Ai7nfiubnoJJ
lvl.1

South Korea

Android 11? Used to work on 10
2020-6-26
Use props
kne
New
Spain

I am running DJI Fly app on Android 10 using a Realme 6, and I have live video feed issues so far.
I see it choppy and laggy, its impossible to fly looking at the screen.
2020-6-27
Use props
Suzuki Mike
lvl.1
Flight distance : 264596 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Faudgie. Firstly, thank you for taking the time and effort to post this information. Very helpful to me as I just bought a new Samsung Galaxy A10 as my new Motorola G8 Power would not work with my Osmo 3 Mobile gimbal. Although the Motorola G8 works well with the dji FLY App, and the Samsung works fine with the Osmo 3 Mobile gimbal, the Samsung, running Android 10 does not work with the dji fly APP, so I'm £350 down and pretty fed-up with having to buy 2 x phones, particularly due to the Fly APP, as I run dji Go and dji Go4, Pilot on both, including my Lenovo tablet for Mavic Pro and Phantom 3 Pro, but my new Mavic Air 2 will only run on the Motorola. Why do dji do this to us? I've tried everything but I refuse to buy an iPhone; which all dji equipment works with, it seems.
2020-7-3
Use props
olivierdamirongmail.com
lvl.1

Canada

FYI, do not try a LENOVO M8 FHD tablet.
I tried everything (Removing all the bloatware, freeing up all the Ram possible, Airplane mode. etc...., no other processed running) . The video feed will stutter, when you tilt the gimbal up and down, you will experiences at least 3 stutter steps.... Flying in any way other than Cinematic is not possible. Even in Cinematic you will experience stuttering during transitions...

I bought a Lenovo M8 FHD tablet, figuring since the specs are higher performance than the Samsung SM-T290NZKAXAC series.... It would work OK with the DJI Fly App...
That didn`t work. Only thing that was promising is that the app. showed up on google play, no need to side load....
With the MM sitting on a flat surface, moving the gimbal up and down with the remote, I see some stuttering, in flight, during rapid turns or any quick transitions, the feed stutters. Even when flying in Cinematic mode, with very gentle turns and transition, there is still some stuttering. Many have reported the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8 (SM-T290NZKAXAC series) works great, though I have doubts about those reports. Read on...

Here is a spec comparison between the two tablets:

Lenovo M8FHD Specs Tab M8 FHD (TB-8705F/TB-8705X- Type ZA5F-ZA5F0023US)
-WIFI only, no Cellular.
-MediaTek P22T Helio Octa Core 2.3 Ghz CPU
-3 geebeez ofLPDDR3
-Power VR GE8320 GPU
-1920 x 1200 Full HD resolution
-350 nits
-64 bit CPU and 64 bit OS confirmed

Samsung Tab A8 Specs:
-WIFI only, no Cellular.
-Qualcomm Snapdragon Quad Core 429 at 2.0 Ghz (Less)
-2 GBs of RAM type unknown (Less)
-Adreno 504 GPU (?)
-1280 x 800 resolution
-??? Nits?

So it begs the question, how come the Lenovo, with superior specs stutters?
A few people have reported on the Mavicpilots forum that the SAMSUNG SM-T290NZ series work great...
But the question is, do they work 100% flawlessly??? No stutter at all?
I have doubts now. Some have reported stuttering with the Samsung too...

Anybody with 100% no stutter on the SM-T290NZ, even after the new update to the DJI Fly App.1.1.6?
2020-8-9
Use props
djiuser_tND7o01nZOrx
lvl.1

United States

Ignore this post. Wouldn't let me delete from mobile. Asked a stupid question.
2020-9-13
Use props
mark117h
lvl.4
Flight distance : 241306 ft
United Kingdom

Berhatz Posted at 2019-12-16 23:51
Hello! And what about Nokia Android phones? For example, Nokia 3.1 Plus. Will it work with DJI Fly App?

Hi Berhatz.
I'm running the DJI Fly App on my NOKIA 6 TA-1033 on Android Pie (9) if that is any help also running on this latest update to 1.1.8.
Peace Out.
Mark
2020-9-13
Use props
djiuser_PvrMF8d0uRiD
lvl.1

United States

I noticed that the original pixel is supported but the pixel xl is not.  Is this correct?  Don't they use pretty much the same architecture?  
2020-10-15
Use props
X_Marine
New

United States

djiuser_PvrMF8d0uRiD Posted at 10-15 12:25
I noticed that the original pixel is supported but the pixel xl is not.  Is this correct?  Don't they use pretty much the same architecture?

Good question as I am going to have to upgrade to fly my virgin mini 2 and that would be one of my choices. Also looking at OnePlus 8pro and think I saw it wasn't compatible either. Grr..

I have read through this entire thread and picked up some great tips and info.
But,, one question I didn't see asked or answered is, can I fly my mini 2 with only wifi on cell or tablet?.
If so that would take the pressure off so I can research more before upgrading.

Apologies if posted in wrong area.
Many thanks.
X/BillyD..
2020-11-8
Use props
R777
New
Netherlands

Gimborgo Posted at 2-26 13:46

My Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017, Android 8) successfully installed the DJI Fly app and connected to Mini 2.
2020-11-23
Use props
djiuser_SAI1lGYUQpHo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6719 ft
United States

djiuser_FxUyaHZXOcsY Posted at 2019-12-9 11:57
Absolutely shocking to buy the MM and go traveling with it to find out I have a completely unusable drone because DJI and all the 'independent' YouTube reviews failed to mention the extremely small range of compatible phones.
I could have brought my mavic.  Thought I had downgraded to a simpler lighter drone, but I have to upgrade my phone when I get back or sell the MM at a loss.
Terrible attitude to customers.

Yep.  Very hurtful.  There didnt seem to be a clear answer as to why my drone didnt "work".  Its advertised as "beginner".  Whoa i went through a lot.  I literally learned the hard way.   You need an "expensive" phone period.
Then you need to go bonkers looking for a phone or tablet you like with the specs to satisfy the DJI fly app...its not easy AT ALL.   I understand most probably do not have this experience, but it looks like way too many do.  How sad.
2020-12-31
Use props
DIY_Quad
lvl.4
United States

In short,  64-bit ARM CPU and 64-bit Android 6 or above are the minimum requirements.
But there must be more to it as people have indicated that some phones/tablets still refusing to run the Fly app though they seem to have met the above requirements.

2021-1-1
Use props
Overlook Drone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15335 ft
United States

I am looking for some help after looking at this page.  I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A TS-510.  I have the DJI Go 4 app installed and using it with my Mavic Pro (original).  I just picked up a Mini 2 and trying to install the DJI Fly app and it will not let me do it.  I would think this table should be able to handle it, but here are the specs for the tablet, let me know what y'all think.  These were pulled from the Samsung website, but I know its running Android Version 10

OS
OSAndroid P
Processor
Processor Speed, TypeOcta Core (Dual 1.8GB + Hexa 1.6GHz)
Lassen O+ (Exynos 7904A)
Form Factor
Form FactorTablet
Color
ColorBlack
Size
Weight1.03 lbs (469g)
Product Dimensions (inches)9.65" x 5.88" x 0.30"
Camera
Camera resolution (Front)5.0 MP
Camera resolution (Rear)8.0 MP
Video Recording ResolutionFHD (1920 x 1080)@30fps
Main Camera - Auto FocusYes
Battery
Battery Type and SizeLi-Ion 6,150mAh
Music Play TimeUp to 128
Video Play TimeUp to 13
ENERGY STAR® CertifiedYes
Memory
Internal Memory 2GB(RAM) + 32GB
External Memory/microSD™ CapacityMicroSD (Up to 512GB)
Connectivity
Wi-Fi802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 2.4G+5GHz, VHT80
USBUSB 2.0
BluetoothBluetooth v5.0 (LE up to 2 Mbps)
ANT+Yes
Bluetooth® ProfilesA2DP,AVRCP,DI,HFP,HID,HOGP,
HSP,MAP,OPP,PAN,PBAP
Location TechnologyGPS,Glonass,Beidou
Earjack3.5mm Stereo
Wi-Fi DirectYes
PC Sync.Smart Switch (PC version)
Display
Main Display Resolution1920 x 1200 (WUXGA)
Main Display Size10.1" (255.4mm)
TechnologyTFT
Color Depth16M
Audio
Audio Playing FormatMP3,M4A,3GA,AAC,OGG,
OGA,WAV,WMA,AMR,AWB,
FLAC,MID,MIDI,XMF,MXMF,
IMY,RTTTL,RTX,OTA
Speaker2-Speaker
Video
Video Playing FormatMP4,M4V,3GP,3G2,WMV,
ASF,AVI,FLV,MKV,WEBM
Video Playing ResolutionUHD 4K (3840 x 2160)@30fps
Services and Applications
Gear ManagerGalaxy Buds,Gear IconX (2018)
2021-1-7
Use props
djiuser_9DNd8SEt6pc0
New

Brazil

Do any of you guys who use the poco f3 know if it is compatible with DJI fly? I am looking to buy it to use with a drone.
2021-4-20
Use props
fegato
lvl.2
Flight distance : 251886 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Hello, Galaxy S8 Active  (aka SM-G892A) is exactly the same phone as Galaxy S8 (aka SM-G950F), is just a rugged version, but is not supported by Dji Fly, that makes no sense! please add the support
2021-4-22
Use props
djiuser_LiMy0bcxYptv
New

United States

This is really frustrating. I'm returning mine.
2021-4-26
Use props
EPR16
New

Philippines

Hi, I'm using realme 8 pro. It can connect to the aircraft and also in controller. I can controller it while its in the air. But my phone can't access the features of the dji mini 2. Like paranoma, quick shots, etc. Why is that?
2021-5-16
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

I thought the OP was a most useful article.
May I suggest the purchase of a second-hand compatible device that is only used with your drone.
With that phone, remove or disable every app that isn't needed to operate the drone.
After each session of flying, delete all documents, video and images. All this useless data interferes with the efficiency of many phones. You may wish to backup that data on your computer when you review or edit your work.
I have been flying since early 2016 and have learned from bitter experience that phone, drone and drone-app updates should be avoided, if you have full functionality and reliability. In the early days, I religiously updated and scoffed at those who didn't because of reliability issues. They were right, I was wrong.
As new models of drone appear, so do technical issues. I would see updates to cure those problems to be essential. However, a plateau of stability is soon reached and new updates have the potential to introduce new issues. The time to stop updating is when you no longer have reliability issues.
My old Phantom 3 pro with Samsung TAB 2 tablet and Mavic Pro with Samsung  J7 phone fly faultlessly. Why take chances?
Neither drones  work reliably with a Samsung S9+ which is kept fully updated  for use as a phone.
2021-5-16
Use props
Adriaacuten H Bustos
New

Mexico

Thanks i have Android 8.0.0,  CPU 64 bits 8 Core  Galaxy S7 and I can't install DJI Fly.
2021-7-26
Use props
djiuser_fPEVbZksTPvt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 123156 ft
United States

djicheaha Posted at 2019-11-15 13:14
Thanks for the guide. I verified that my Samsung Galaxy Note 8: CPU 835, 9 (64-bits). I'll be ready when my MM arrives. Thanks again.

I really want to purchase a dji mini2, but my phone is an a42 5g with a 32 bit processor.  However, I  was able to download dji fly, open it, & watch the tutorials.  Does that mean that the app is compatible with my phone, or can I expect problems pairing?  Please explain.
2021-8-21
Use props
djiuser_VQn1Hbe5TcdM
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Did it the other way around. Disaster. First check on DJI site for phones compatible with DJI Fly App. It clearly says Samsung Galaxy S10+. Nipped out and bought the Mini 2. Charged it up. then tried to download the DJI Fly App. The phone complained about app from unknown sources, but I overrode it, anmd eventually got through as fr as the first screen, overhead pic of the sea shore, with a sign from the academy asking  if I want further instruction. Screen freezes. touch wherever you like... nothing, but if you swipe left you can get the controls to shut the app successfully. Phone still working. The true meaning of a Winstonian saying -  A Technological Inexactitude ! . Shop wont take it back - not their fault.  Support did the turn it off and on bit....Anyone know a cheap phone Samsung or LG, that will actually work with this plastic scrap. I hate feeling conned. I guess it's back to the simple Parrot.
2021-11-24
Use props
djiuser_VQn1Hbe5TcdM
lvl.1

United Kingdom

fans28c02dbe Posted at 2020-1-9 13:06
I found a solution for dji fly for those who do not work on android 10. You need to download the old version of Dji Fly 1.0.2 and have it install but uninstall a new one before.  I hope it works for you too.

Here is the link below from where i downloaded it

thanks. tried it on a Galaxy S10+, but the program shuts instantly. have removed it again. the phone is a 64bit with all DJI says it needs. Android 11.
2021-11-24
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules