5718 47 2019-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
portwally
lvl.3
Flight distance : 226276 ft
Portugal

Hi,

received my mini today, charged the batteries and started it outside. After 5 seconds of hovering 2 meter above ground it just flew away.
I could not manage to get it back it just had the will to get away and i own DJI drones for 6 years now. Phantom 2 and Phantom 4 pro. Never happened.

I want a new drone. I really did nothing wrong. What can I do to get a replacement?

Thanks
Walter

2019-11-15
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

not sure how to do this with mavic mini but if you can post the log files here for the doomed flight that would be good for us to help figure out what happened within short time span.  

sadly kinda what i was expecting from a drone with no redundancies in system for IMU or Gyro or Compass or Barometer, or VPS, etc etc and limited to Wifi as well means totally puting blind faith into it if any one thing fails since what can it do.. best you could hopeful is it to flip to Atti Mode on its own but this being such an entry market drone, may be programmed to do anything but failsafe into Atti mode if something fails.
2019-11-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi I am sorry for the troubles that it may cause and to know what happened to your previous flight with your DJI Mavic Mini. Since this unfortunate issue had happened. It appears that this issue needs to be diagnosed by our DJI support team. You can contact our DJI support team to start up a case by using this link: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index .We hope to hear from you soon and looking forward to resolve this issue as soon as possible. Thank for your support.
2019-11-15
Use props
portwally
lvl.3
Portugal

Hello, thank you for responding. Where do i get the diagnostics file without the drone? Are they saved in my mobile?

thanks
walter
2019-11-15
Use props
davidms
lvl.4
Flight distance : 428186 ft
Canada

Nothing under find my drone?
2019-11-15
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think you might be able to use DJI assistant 2 on the computer and get flight logs. This is just something I've read and not tried since I don't have my mini yet. Sorry if it doesn't apply and sorry for the mishap. That is sad.
2019-11-15
Use props
Alamoflyer
lvl.2

United States

I plan on recording my first flights with a gopro so that might be a good idea if this is some kinda issue. I don't see if the original poster said what happened when he pressed the controllers Return to home button?
2019-11-15
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can post your logs from your mobile device here if you'd like the community's help in understanding what may have happened.

You can follow the directions at the following link, just instead of looking in DJI Go 4, you would look in DJI Fly.

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

I would suggest you visit https://www.dji.com/support and open a conversation with them.  They will very likely want the same flight record file from your mobile to be able to investigate.

2019-11-15
Use props
portwally
lvl.3
Portugal

Hello,

here is the link to the flight log. Log Mavic mini flyaway
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/X7GUU0OGSJAKSQ97EFXZ
Yes, i pressed the RTH several times....

thanks for the help
Walter
2019-11-16
Use props
portwally
lvl.3
Portugal

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-15 12:35
Hi I am sorry for the troubles that it may cause and to know what happened to your previous flight with your DJI Mavic Mini. Since this unfortunate issue had happened. It appears that this issue needs to be diagnosed by our DJI support team. You can contact our DJI support team to start up a case by using this link: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index .We hope to hear from you soon and looking forward to resolve this issue as soon as possible. Thank for your support.

Hello,

thanks for the help.
Here is a link to the log https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/X7GUU0OGSJAKSQ97EFXZ
The case number is CAS-2102804- R1R0Z8
There are no options to report a fly away and they want me to send back the drone for repair.
Well.... can't do that.

Walter
2019-11-16
Use props
portwally
lvl.3
Portugal

Was having a look now on the flight log and its clearly to be seen that it went away without me having control over it.....
2019-11-16
Use props
Juliflash
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2923 ft

Spain

portwally Posted at 11-16 02:42
Was having a look now on the flight log and its clearly to be seen that it went away without me having control over it.....

Did it go that far? Did you not have the option to ¨find my drone¨?
2019-11-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

HereForTheBeer Posted at 11-15 12:28
not sure how to do this with mavic mini but if you can post the log files here for the doomed flight that would be good for us to help figure out what happened within short time span.  

sadly kinda what i was expecting from a drone with no redundancies in system for IMU or Gyro or Compass or Barometer, or VPS, etc etc and limited to Wifi as well means totally puting blind faith into it if any one thing fails since what can it do.. best you could hopeful is it to flip to Atti Mode on its own but this being such an entry market drone, may be programmed to do anything but failsafe into Atti mode if something fails.

Does M2 have redundancy for Compass,barometer,gyro,VPs, I don’t think so yet it’s very reliable I’m surprised that if redundancy means so much to you that you’d buy an M2 .
2019-11-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Post flight logs, and make sure you sync your flight and raise a ticket with dji .
2019-11-16
Use props
portwally
lvl.3
Portugal

Some good news.

I found the drone. Unfortunately on the property were 3 dogs and they got mad at my drone and bite it in pieces.
See attached photos. Anyway the drone had a fly away and I request a new drone from DJI.
2019-11-16
Use props
davidms
lvl.4
Flight distance : 428186 ft
Canada

Excellent that you found it. Now on to the replacement process!
2019-11-16
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

2 issues here:

1. GP wasn't completely solid lock, though the app and logs do indicate a homepoint update so, i think its okay,  though the low GPS count can definitely contribute to it dropping out of reliable GPS positioning

2. Battery was incredibly weak and possibly misreading.  these batteries are 18650 cells, 2S and thus:  100% battery should have each cell at about 3.7V and 50% nominal of 3.2V.  and 0% is somewhere around 2.60 V.     but looks like at take off you were at very dead battery state in terms of voltages...   im not sure if this is just a bad reading from phantom help trying to understand your log files or what.  looks like def issue withth phantom help though.  as its reporting total battery voltage of: 8.223V at initial point of the log but when you add the numbers up on same line= 6.16V  neigher are corect actualy.
2019-11-16
Use props
Sick Dawg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 451119 ft
United States

8 satellites, not enough to fly safe.
2019-11-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

portwally Posted at 11-16 05:16
Some good news.

I found the drone. Unfortunately on the property were 3 dogs and they got mad at my drone and bite it in pieces.

Wow, that looks bad.
2019-11-16
Use props
Juliflash
lvl.4

Spain

portwally Posted at 11-16 05:16
Some good news.

I found the drone. Unfortunately on the property were 3 dogs and they got mad at my drone and bite it in pieces.

Good thing you found it!, at least you can return it, allthoug a bit hairy now lol
Sorry have dogs here which I think they would do that or worse, but seeing the hairs made me laugh.

Was it hard to recover?, did the owners saw you?
Hope you can get a replacement soon!
2019-11-16
Use props
portwally
lvl.3
Portugal

Juliflash Posted at 11-16 11:31
Good thing you found it!, at least you can return it, allthoug a bit hairy now lol
Sorry have dogs here which I think they would do that or worse, but seeing the hairs made me laugh.

Hi, it was relaxed. Just was in the bar around the corner and asked the people whose property it is. Suddenly a guy popped up and went there and found my drone in the teeth of them dogs. All easy here in Portugal.
But fly away. Funny eveen the sd card which i took out of the drone had bite marks. :-D
2019-11-16
Use props
portwally
lvl.3
Portugal

HereForTheBeer Posted at 11-16 10:03
2 issues here:

1. GP wasn't completely solid lock, though the app and logs do indicate a homepoint update so, i think its okay,  though the low GPS count can definitely contribute to it dropping out of reliable GPS positioning

was it now my fault?
2019-11-16
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

portwally Posted at 11-16 11:59
was it now my fault?

from what phantom help says i have no idea who's fault it is.   
2019-11-16
Use props
Knapweed
lvl.3
Canada

was it now my fault?

I don't think it matters if you have 'Refresh'. If you don't, there may be a different reaction.
2019-11-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

was it now my fault?

Looking at your log this could be fault of dji or yourself, if you don’t have enough satellites to have good gps your craft should go to opti mode according to your log this didn’t happen it may not have made a difference to your flight but if would have warned you something was amiss, also clearly there was spurious information about your battery, I think best to wait and see what dji say.
Did you have care refresh or how long have you got the drone .
2019-11-16
Use props
Juliflash
lvl.4

Spain

portwally Posted at 11-16 11:58
Hi, it was relaxed. Just was in the bar around the corner and asked the people whose property it is. Suddenly a guy popped up and went there and found my drone in the teeth of them dogs. All easy here in Portugal.
But fly away. Funny eveen the sd card which i took out of the drone had bite marks. :-D

lololol, dogs are funny and when they like to chew things, the get every bit of it, I can´t have new shoes.
Cool it was a relaxed one with the guys, hope you get it repaired very soon!
Greetings from your neighbour Spain!
2019-11-16
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

I don't get this reading(log) - it show 4 cell... mini got 2x 18650
even there is a topic https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=202183
so for a normal 18650 full would be around 4,1V, maybe some little overcharging would allow 4,15 - anything more - shortens lifespawn of normal 18650 a lot
low voltage should not drop below 2,8-3,0 depending from BMS/cells

or is it just some difference in data logs? any1 can upload some other mini log and check?

2019-11-16
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

know what sucks?  my first day flying the mavic mini and it was a bit windy and all i could think about is the wind carrying my mini away amidst a flyaway.  even though i have care refresh all i could think about was this tiny drone going missing.  and that's even with a vifly buzzer strapped on.  it wasn't a fun first day to say the least.  hope things go better tomorrow.
2019-11-16
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

lucky the dogs did not have the battery combust in their mouth.
2019-11-17
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

portwally Posted at 11-16 02:19
Hello,

here is the link to the flight log. Log Mavic mini flyaway

Hi,

Wow, what a damage to your Mini.

See my chart, looks like the 2cell battery OK to me.

But as you can see, your mini lost its orientation (see the heading changed without RC input) and flew
away. In the beginning 8 satellites, at the end up to 11.

In the polar chart the light blue line is flown without any RC input, so it should hover in place.This indicates that the 'compting brains'of the drone doesn`t have the correct GPS data....or miscalculates it..or...

cheers
JJB
analysis2.png
analysis3.png
analysis4.png
analysis5.png
2019-11-17
Use props
Juliflash
lvl.4

Spain

The Saint Posted at 11-16 16:13
know what sucks?  my first day flying the mavic mini and it was a bit windy and all i could think about is the wind carrying my mini away amidst a flyaway.  even though i have care refresh all i could think about was this tiny drone going missing.  and that's even with a vifly buzzer strapped on.  it wasn't a fun first day to say the least.  hope things go better tomorrow.

Hello The Saint,
How did you connect the vifly buzzer?
I feel like you, too many things to be scared of.
2019-11-17
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Juliflash Posted at 11-17 08:15
Hello The Saint,
How did you connect the vifly buzzer?
I feel like you, too many things to be scared of.

the new vifly beacon does not require connectivity to the drone.  all you need to do is securely attach it and it works.
2019-11-17
Use props
Juliflash
lvl.4

Spain

The Saint Posted at 11-17 09:55
the new vifly beacon does not require connectivity to the drone.  all you need to do is securely attach it and it works.

AAAAAH I see so it´s a passive system that´s super cool now I get it!
I´m definitely getting one of those, thanks for the answer!
2019-11-17
Use props
Juliflash
lvl.4

Spain

JJB* Posted at 11-17 08:11
Hi,

Wow, what a damage to your Mini.

Wow what a detailed analysis, so was it a non calibrated IMU or compass?
I´m new to this so is hard to analize all this data. Thanks again.
2019-11-17
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Juliflash Posted at 11-17 10:35

shouldn't matter about calibration because it didn't act upset for first few moments of the flight then shot off doing its own thing.   

it should have failsafed into Atti mode if suddenly IMU or compass gets upset.  but it appears from everything i seen from handful of crashes and freak occurrences with mavic mini so far doesn have an Atti mode once in a GPS flight at very least.   nothing for it to flip back to and failsafe out of if one of the required things for stable flight fails, so it does its best to work things out and well...this is the result that's expected. .   
2019-11-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Juliflash Posted at 11-17 10:35

I think weak gps may have been an issue here, the mavic mini is slightly different than all other dji craft that when you have weak gps you can still hit Rth but craft will hover for a couple of seconds then land where it is, with other dji craft your craft would just drift away, of course it would be a mistake to push Rth if gps is weak and your drone is over a lake, if the OP had at any stage hit Rth his craft would have landed instead of drifting.
It’s important we become familiar with Rth because we have seen a big change with this drone and users should be aware of what will happen including those of us who are more experienced.
2019-11-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HereForTheBeer Posted at 11-17 11:18
shouldn't matter about calibration because it didn't act upset for first few moments of the flight then shot off doing its own thing.   

it should have failsafed into Atti mode if suddenly IMU or compass gets upset.  but it appears from everything i seen from handful of crashes and freak occurrences with mavic mini so far doesn have an Atti mode once in a GPS flight at very least.   nothing for it to flip back to and failsafe out of if one of the required things for stable flight fails, so it does its best to work things out and well...this is the result that's expected. .

There is atti mode with mavic mini, but if craft shows weak gps you still have option of hitting Rth craft won’t Rth but will hover for a few seconds and land, this is a good option if it’s safe to land, but not a good option if your over water .
2019-11-17
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-17 11:42
There is atti mode with mavic mini, but if craft shows weak gps you still have option of hitting Rth craft won’t Rth but will hover for a few seconds and land, this is a good option if it’s safe to land, but not a good option if your over water .

that doesn't sound ideal either  :/  i can see that causing a lot of lost and doomed mini's as well with them landing on roofs and in trees and stuff because the user panic'd and used RTH function when it started freaking out.  
2019-11-17
Use props
Juliflash
lvl.4

Spain

hallmark007 Posted at 11-17 11:38
I think weak gps may have been an issue here, the mavic mini is slightly different than all other dji craft that when you have weak gps you can still hit Rth but craft will hover for a couple of seconds then land where it is, with other dji craft your craft would just drift away, of course it would be a mistake to push Rth if gps is weak and your drone is over a lake, if the OP had at any stage hit Rth his craft would have landed instead of drifting.
It’s important we become familiar with Rth because we have seen a big change with this drone and users should be aware of what will happen including those of us who are more experienced.

Thanks for the answer, getting familiar with RTH seems like a good first priority.
2019-11-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HereForTheBeer Posted at 11-17 13:37
that doesn't sound ideal either  :/  i can see that causing a lot of lost and doomed mini's as well with them landing on roofs and in trees and stuff because the user panic'd and used RTH function when it started freaking out.

Well the alternative is that your drone will end up a tree flyaway crash into a house, I remember when spark was first released so many flyaways users kept asking for an alternative to going into atti mode well they now have one as well as atti so best of both worlds .
2019-11-17
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules