2019-11-16
Use props
Juliflash
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2923 ft

Spain

Montfrooij Posted at 11-16 11:20
Typical first batch issues I hope.

I hope not lol, I mean in any first batch there may be some faulty units, they could been damaged during transport, storage, etc.

I just hope they didn´t rush QC.
2019-11-16
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

BobB Posted at 11-16 03:31
Dude i must say something and i don't know you but here goes:

You need to hit the gym and get back to the weight you were at. You look like you gained 60 lbs. Please take better care of yourself please.
Dude, I must say something and I don’t even know you...
but here it goes....

Trim that beard.  It’s friggn’ gross.  No hate messages please, just trying to help this guy out.  
2019-11-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Oracle Miata Posted at 11-16 12:02
Dude, I must say something and I don’t even know you...
but here it goes....

It seems to be all about looks on this forum, I will refrain from putting myself through this .
2019-11-16
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-16 12:08
It seems to be all about looks on this forum, I will refrain from putting myself through this .

It was childish, but I like Kloo.
2019-11-16
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
Second Officer

Hungary

This wobble effect appears when a camera shakes violently. Are the engines and propellers okay? When floating at eye level, how close does the gimbal look?
2019-11-16
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jakab Gipsz Posted at 11-16 12:16
This wobble effect appears when a camera shakes violently. Are the engines and propellers okay? When floating at eye level, how close does the gimbal look?

I've brought it back in close a couple of times to try to have a look to see if I could see anything.  Haven't seen anything yet.  Like I said, it doesn't do it all of the time.  If I had to guess, its really only about 50% of the time it happens.
2019-11-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Oracle Miata Posted at 11-16 12:12
It was childish, but I like Kloo.

I did see the irony of it, Kloo’s a good guy .
2019-11-16
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

BobB Posted at 11-16 10:22
It's a lemon but then again, that's what happens when you cancel your order and get it from someplace else. Karma

Not sure what I did to you for you to decide to take things personal with me.  If I did do something, then my apologies.  I hope tomorrow is a better day!  Cheers!
2019-11-16
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-16 06:45
Mine has been pretty good, got a very mild day for flying, no jello with 2.7k 25fps,
Jello or Rolling shutter is usually caused by wrong FPS NTSC as opposed to PAL, so try a different FPS setting, also check ghz you are using, other cause can be dampeners but looking at your video I don’t think this is the problem.
If it works ok with other FPS setting doesn’t mean you don’t have some problem.

I've not tried 25FPS, but honestly, I've got no interest in shooting at that frame rate, so it wouldn't help me out even if it was okay there.

I don't think its an instruction to the pilot to give it more power.  I think its a warning saying the motors aren't getting enough power from the batteries.  But that's just my assumption.  We all know what they say about the word "A-S-S-U-M-E".

Glad yours is working well so far.
2019-11-16
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-16 12:08
It seems to be all about looks on this forum, I will refrain from putting myself through this .

The funny thing is that in real life, I'm pretty quiet and introverted.  Putting myself out to share my experiences has been quite the eye opener in social dynamics!  Its crazy the things people say when they are not face-to-face with one another.
2019-11-16
Use props
JNIX
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7175 ft
United States

You need to hit the gym and get back to the weight you were at. You look like you gained 60 lbs. Please take better care of yourself please.

That's some F#@ked up stuff to say! I bet your a real peach........
2019-11-16
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

KlooGee Posted at 11-16 12:25
Not sure what I did to you for you to decide to take things personal with me.  If I did do something, then my apologies.  I hope tomorrow is a better day!  Cheers!

dont worry about him KlooGee.  in fact can spin it to a positive: someone is looking out for your health and cares : D

2019-11-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Juliflash Posted at 11-16 11:51
I hope not lol, I mean in any first batch there may be some faulty units, they could been damaged during transport, storage, etc.

I just hope they didn´t rush QC.

So far there have been issues with a lot of drone releases.
But that makes sense I guess.
Lot's of code that is tested, but not bulk tested with idiots (consumers)
2019-11-16
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

keep us updated - but I'm worried with info/reviews showing many mini's got problem
2019-11-16
Use props
Juliflash
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2923 ft

Spain

Montfrooij Posted at 11-16 13:07
So far there have been issues with a lot of drone releases.
But that makes sense I guess.
Lot's of code that is tested, but not bulk tested with idiots (consumers)

I know, too many IMHO, I haven´t received my Mini yet, but I´m taking all precautions and waiting for more updates before I feel safe to fly. Those "fly aways" are scary.
2019-11-16
Use props
urbanweb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 33963 ft
United Kingdom

Route77 Posted at 11-16 08:33
Hope you don't mind me saying but your footage looks quite shakey too, but not as bad as Kloogee's.

Edit: I notice you have already acknowledged the shaking. I'm in UK too and have not had a chance to fly my mini yet, due to the wet weather.

Mine got its first flight today in the uk.  Can confirm that it didn’t suffer the shakes at all, very impressed. Moderate wind speed. And didn’t take it higher than 100ft.

Hope the issue gets sorted.
2019-11-16
Use props
BobB
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

KlooGee Posted at 11-16 12:25

Hey i was just trying to be honest and friendly. It's your health. I guess being honest is one of my downfalls....
2019-11-16
Use props
fans640117b0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35013 ft
  • >>>
United States

So mine has been charging all day all the lights lit up. Go to power it on nothing. Plug it back up all the lights show fully charged. This sucks.
2019-11-16
Use props
Heavenone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3563 ft
  • >>>
Germany

First flight today....I have the same issue with that wrong red indicator
at the app below in the middle...
it should indicate : the real aircraft orientation (says the manual)
but there is no aircraft orientation displayed..so please DJ help...
2019-11-16
Use props
paulsusnet
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Heavenone Posted at 11-16 18:37
First flight today....I have the same issue with that wrong red indicator
at the app below in the middle...
it should indicate : the real aircraft orientation (says the manual)

Thanks for posting, thought I was alone for a minute. Looks like you own other drones so would know this is not normal behaviour.
2019-11-16
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

paulsusnet Posted at 11-16 18:59
Thanks for posting, thought I was alone for a minute. Looks like you own other drones so would know this is not normal behaviour.

I haven't paid too much attention to this indicator yet.  Been too focused on the video being messed up and seeing if I could resolve that.  

For that, in my video, some of it you can see that it is red on mine.  I think this may have to do with the fact that I was literally leaning up against my car when flying for those segments.  So the compass in my phone was probably a bit wonky due to that and not able to get a correct bead on which way I was facing in relation to the drone.

I'll try to remember to pay closer attention to it when I fly again.
2019-11-16
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans640117b0 Posted at 11-16 17:51
So mine has been charging all day all the lights lit up. Go to power it on nothing. Plug it back up all the lights show fully charged. This sucks.

I'm sure you probably already know this because it looks like you already own a Spark, but just in case....

Make sure the battery is seated fully.  Then make sure you are doing the short single press followed by a long press of the power button.
2019-11-16
Use props
fans640117b0
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

KlooGee Posted at 11-16 19:25
I'm sure you probably already know this because it looks like you already own a Spark, but just in case....

Make sure the battery is seated fully.  Then make sure you are doing the short single press followed by a long press of the power button.
Yes I’ve checked all that still nothing. I do think it’s a connection issue with the battery terminals. I can press and hold the power button and nothing lights up short or long presses.
2019-11-16
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans640117b0 Posted at 11-16 19:30
Yes I’ve checked all that still nothing. I do think it’s a connection issue with the battery terminals. I can press and hold the power button and nothing lights up short or long presses.

Sorry to hear that!  I guess its either back to the store where you got it or open a ticket with DJI's support team, eh?
2019-11-16
Use props
fans640117b0
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

KlooGee Posted at 11-16 19:43
Sorry to hear that!  I guess its either back to the store where you got it or open a ticket with DJI's support team, eh?
I’ll be calling DJI in the morning it was pre ordered from them so had to wait for customs delays also. Oh the joy of having to ship it back and play the waiting game again...
2019-11-16
Use props
fans640117b0
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

KlooGee Posted at 11-16 19:43

I’ll be calling DJI in the morning it was pre ordered from them so had to wait for customs delays also. Oh the joy of having to shop moi it back and play the waiting game again...
2019-11-16
Use props
paulsusnet
lvl.3
United Kingdom

KlooGee Posted at 11-16 19:21
I haven't paid too much attention to this indicator yet.  Been too focused on the video being messed up and seeing if I could resolve that.  

For that, in my video, some of it you can see that it is red on mine.  I think this may have to do with the fact that I was literally leaning up against my car when flying for those segments.  So the compass in my phone was probably a bit wonky due to that and not able to get a correct bead on which way I was facing in relation to the drone.

Hmm interesting, I was leaning against my car when I noticed this symbol come up. It only stayed on the screen for a few seconds a couple of times but it was enough to concern me.

2019-11-16
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Sweden

Thanks for the honest review,  KlooGee. Let us know if your Mavic Mini replacement had solved some of those issues you had with the 1st. Cheers!!
2019-11-16
Use props
fans7df02dd5
lvl.1

United States

Tim1985 Posted at 11-16 05:06
Claim a return repair from DJI. I've got almost 10 flights so far and no issues. This Mini has worked better then my spark ever has. I'm impressed at how much is packed under 250 grams.

have you had rc disconnect issues? mine disconnected and sat there for 5 minutes didnt rth theres no button to click to tell it to go home.. i used a ipand mini 2 and a aftermarket cable i think thats the issue the mini needs an iphone it wont work on tablets any tablet and only its cable it provides because the connection with any old cable is loose.. but still if that happens you have to wait for it to go into battery failsafe and come home if that dont work it will drop or land and if your over a building well kiss it good bye so make sure to fly over land you can access and roads etc over fields etc... because youll be driving up to it.. also the app does not extend that shoulda been my first inclination it only uses phoens with small screens
2019-11-16
Use props
fans7df02dd5
lvl.1

United States

M1 97103 Posted at 11-16 09:22
When my mini arrived it would not let me do anything untill I upgraded the software.  I disconnects way to much and is impossable to fly very low to the ground.
Control and stabiliity seems to be best on the apple iphone, Motorola  V3 will not stay connected. and the two samsungs seem a bit unstable.  
WiFi is not good on any of them.

0h the wifi is 5/8 and only 5 channels they say enhanced maybe it hops on those 5 but 5.8 has like 14 channels why dji wont use all of them i dont know someone needs to hack it and give us all 2.4 etc back.. and the remote can do 2.4 its only the app that wont let you use them like the phantom you can add a pdf or what ever and hack it to tell it to do so.... the mini for me was pretty cool they just need to work on the app and someone needs to make a seperate app so i can do the same things as the go 4 why they wont use go4 i dont know...
2019-11-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi KlooGee, we are so sorry to hear about the problems that you encountered. Could you please help to provide the below information? We'd like to forward it to our engineers for analysis. Thank you in advance.
1. The serial number of your drone.
2. The original videos from the drone.
3. Flight logs under DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic (https://www.dji.com/mavic-mini/downloads) -- Log Export--Save to local. Please upload to Google Drive or Dropbox and then post the link here.

At the same time, please make sure the operating temperature range is: 0° to 40°C (32° to 104°F).

Should there any further questions, please feel free to contact us.

2019-11-17
Use props
Madwankster
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1161 ft
Finland

I have the same problems. The picture is jerky and Aircraft power insufficient messages comes too easily. Ok. It's slightly cold here. About +6-0 Celsius (32-43F) I live in Finland. the device is CE version.
2019-11-17
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

ro_flyer Posted at 11-16 21:19
Thanks for the honest review,  KlooGee. Let us know if your Mavic Mini replacement had solved some of those issues you had with the 1st. Cheers!!

Still waiting for the new one to show up.  I'll definitely provide an update with how testing goes when it gets here.
2019-11-17
Use props
Tervist
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20830 ft
United States

Sorry to hear that your first experience was a bust. I've seen the insufficient power message show up on other videos that folks have posted. Seems like perhaps the wind may have been an issue? Not sure, though. That flyaway was a confidence buster for sure. It does sound like you got a lemon and I hope you have better luck with the next one.
2019-11-17
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Tervist Posted at 11-17 06:07
Sorry to hear that your first experience was a bust. I've seen the insufficient power message show up on other videos that folks have posted. Seems like perhaps the wind may have been an issue? Not sure, though. That flyaway was a confidence buster for sure. It does sound like you got a lemon and I hope you have better luck with the next one.

Thanks Tervist!  I'm looking forward to the new one showing up so I can have fun playing like everybody else!
2019-11-17
Use props
robat19
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16713 ft
  • >>>
United States

I’m having the same jello/wobble video. Can anyone from DJI help me out?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rgLows0HRq3y0uaz7oKr-v_Ys8oT53LR/view?usp=drivesdk
2019-11-17
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well in reply sort out that terrible Beard ….. Someone needs to tell you
2019-11-17
Use props
Tervist
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20830 ft
United States

KlooGee Posted at 11-17 10:18
Thanks Tervist!  I'm looking forward to the new one showing up so I can have fun playing like everybody else!

Sorry, if this has been previously brought up, but is there anything in the flight log that might provide a clue as to why you had the near flyaway?
2019-11-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Juliflash Posted at 11-16 13:24
I know, too many IMHO, I haven´t received my Mini yet, but I´m taking all precautions and waiting for more updates before I feel safe to fly. Those "fly aways" are scary.

They sure are.
2019-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules