Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
My Thoughts After 1 Night
3435 9 2019-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
paulsusnet
lvl.4
United Kingdom

The Mavic Mini is my first drone, I took it out briefly the other day but tonight was my first proper flight.

Here are my first thoughts.

1. Why does the shutter speed only go up to 4 seconds? Every other Mavic drone including the Spark goes up to 8 seconds.

2. Manual ISO/Shutter is essential for video.

The flying experience is bloody awesome, so much fun. But I must admit I want more from the picture and video quality, 8 second shutter and manual settings for video would make it a lot better though.

Congratulations DJI, you did exactly what you set out to achieve... I already know after 1 night of flying, I want and need the Mavic 2 Pro.

forum.jpg

2019-11-16
Use props
*DM*
First Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

That is why the 2Pro exists.
2019-11-16
Use props
Juliflash
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2923 ft

Spain

Awesome night shoot, agreed the manual video will be a must.
I feel i will be experiencing  something like you say, since I always wanted a mavic pro, the P2 even more but I was scared to crash it, the mini will be perfect for practice.
2019-11-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day paulsusnet. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing your first flight experience with your new DJI Mavic Mini. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2019-11-16
Use props
djicheaha
Captain
Flight distance : 2957598 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good night time photo. I have the MA and picked up this MM for additional portability and additional fun on a full day of flying with my nephew. Enjoy your flying.
2019-11-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Be nice to have some manual control with video, but as for 8second shutter, yes gimbal is very good but it’s not a tripod and particularly on such a light craft 8 second shutter is almost impossible to get sharp image, 4 second will get you almost all you need .

We should remember we have paid a lot less for this craft than any other dji craft including spark .
Hopefully we will get some add ons in future FW updates.
Great photo .
2019-11-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice image.
And you are right. That are features I will miss.
If you want those things, you probably have to step up to the Air or even higher.
2019-11-16
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-16 07:39
Be nice to have some manual control with video, but as for 8second shutter, yes gimbal is very good but it’s not a tripod and particularly on such a light craft 8 second shutter is almost impossible to get sharp image, 4 second will get you almost all you need .

We should remember we have paid a lot less for this craft than any other dji craft including spark .

Agreed -- that's actually a very impressive photo, not sure you could get anything sharper than that with my original Mavic Pro.
2019-11-16
Use props
KlooGee
Captain
Flight distance : 16641309 ft
  • >>>
United States

Haha, the Mini is your gateway drug to this just like the Spark was for me.  

Now look at the list of crap I own to the left over there under my name.  And that's just the DJI stuff!

2019-11-16
Use props
paulsusnet
lvl.4
United Kingdom

KlooGee Posted at 11-16 19:50
Haha, the Mini is your gateway drug to this just like the Spark was for me.  

Now look at the list of crap I own to the left over there under my name.  And that's just the DJI stuff!

oh dear, sounds like I'm in for an expensive ride!
2019-11-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules