Anyone using filters on their Mavic Mini?
6320 10 2019-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Shantok
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1104163 ft
  • >>>
United States

I contacted Polarpro and they don't have any filters at the moment. I did find some other but was not sure of the quality or if they would damage the gimble. No mention on either if they can be put on during startup. I wish DJI would embrase us using the filters and design the gimble for threaded or magnetic filters. s-l640.jpg pgytech-mavic-mini-filter.jpg

2019-11-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Shantok. Thank you for reaching out. As of the moment the DJI Mavic Mini does not have an official ND Filter for the said drone. In addition I will cascade this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention. Thank you.
2019-11-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Mind that you might cross the 250 gr limit that is important for some countries.
2019-11-16
Use props
Juliflash
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2923 ft

Spain

Another important point is that, at this momment, even if you can block the EV values in Video mode, WB, ISO and shutter speed are being automated by the software, so adding an ND filter will probably make the MINI to increase ISO automatically compensating for the darker image.

An FW update for Manual Video Mode would be mandatory for it to work correctly.
2019-11-16
Use props
Shantok
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Juliflash Posted at 11-16 11:16
Another important point is that, at this momment, even if you can block the EV values in Video mode, WB, ISO and shutter speed are being automated by the software, so adding an ND filter will probably make the MINI to increase ISO automatically compensating for the darker image.

An FW update for Manual Video Mode would be mandatory for it to work correctly.

That's a good point.  Hopefully they will open up more setting in future fw. I am not as concerned about the weight. I will put my reg numbers on it anyway. Maybe if I visit Canada or another more restrictive country. Funny the included prop guards will also put it over.
2019-11-16
Use props
Juliflash
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2923 ft

Spain

Shantok Posted at 11-16 12:54
That's a good point.  Hopefully they will open up more setting in future fw. I am not as concerned about the weight. I will put my reg numbers on it anyway. Maybe if I visit Canada or another more restrictive country. Funny the included prop guards will also put it over.

Yeah I can see very probable the manual video update. Raw photo too (please) Let hope so.

I plan on experimenting, adding a parachute system I made a while ago, an osmo pocket and stuff like that, so yes I will have to become a pilot next year, since I eventually plan using drones for comercial video and photography.

Here is Spain is crazy though, is like learning a truck license for riding a bicicle, just because maybe one day you use the same road than them... useless stuff... just to make you pay.
2019-11-16
Use props
Knapweed
lvl.3
Canada

I would certainly welcome filters but I'm not sure how the compass in the drone would react to a magnetic filter.
2019-11-16
Use props
Shantok
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Knapweed Posted at 11-16 13:29
I would certainly welcome filters but I'm not sure how the compass in the drone would react to a magnetic filter.

They are usually made out of aluminum and glass. Non ferrous won't bother the compass. I have been using them for years on my Mavic Pro, Air and Phantoms. Only issues I've had was contact during startup.
2019-11-16
Use props
Knapweed
lvl.3
Canada

Shantok Posted at 11-16 21:09
They are usually made out of aluminum and glass. Non ferrous won't bother the compass. I have been using them for years on my Mavic Pro, Air and Phantoms. Only issues I've had was contact during startup.

Then how can they be 'magnetic'?
2019-11-16
Use props
Shantok
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Knapweed Posted at 11-16 22:06

If the front of the camera had a lip and a few metal screws or clips near the edge. Maybe 4. Then each filter would have very small but powerful magnets to match up with them. This is how it works on the Osmo Pocket Osmo Pocket Magnetic Filters
2019-11-17
Use props
Shantok
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Knapweed Posted at 11-16 22:06

Skydio 2 uses magnets to hold their battery one. So should be fine for compass and sensors after calibration.
2019-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules