Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
MAVIC MINI CE URBAN RANGE TEST | 2.4GHZ - 5.8GHZ
1221 19 11-16 09:01
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Reinis (SkyHighFilms)
Captain
Flight distance : 140413 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

This is my second range test because some people said that 2.4ghz should be better. So here is my test.

Enjoy!

Follow me on social media - https://www.instagram.com/theskyhighfilms/

11-16 09:01
Use props
JodyB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12408 ft
United States

Nice!! Thanks for the share!!
11-16 09:05
Use props
DJI Stephen
Super Moderator

Hello and good day Reinis (SkyHighFilms). Thank you for sharing this range test video you have created for the DJI Mavic Mini. You did an amazing review. Two thumbs up. Have a safe and a happy flying always. .
11-16 09:22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 1716440 ft
Netherlands

Nice to see.
11-16 11:13
Use props
Juliflash
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2923 ft

Spain

So basically the EU version not amazing lol, thankfully I don´t live in a big capital but there are mobile phone antenas around for sure, good thing to consider flying nerby any of those.
Once I feel very confident I will carry out some range tests myself in small towns and nature.

Wouldn´t be possible to build some sort of "range extender" for the controller? since it´s wifi, I have seen plenty of those videos related to other things.
I may have to google that a bit.

EDIT:
I answer myself, it seems this guy did it to his Phantom 3:

Thanks for the video and test results!
11-16 12:11
Use props
Juliflash
Second Officer

Spain

Second part of the video I posted above, now the test, with quite impressive results. first try aded 300 meters, second more than one kilometer...
I mean maybe not for every flight, but in case you experience a place with interferences or shadows from objects/buildings, if they work on the MIVI is worth the try.
I will probably be 3D printing mine to fit perfectly but one can try easy with stuff every house has.
Hope it sparks some tinkering!

11-16 12:43
Use props
KREMi
First Officer
Poland

thanks for tests really a lot of interference on 2.4 :/ I had hope that it will get good over 500m
about range extenders - they do work quite nice - with 3d printed ones and copper (or aluminium, don't remember) reflectors I had boost around 30-40% in range, but when flying close range they are v. directonal - so it's best then to aim at drone
11-16 13:29
Use props
Juliflash
Second Officer

Spain

KREMi Posted at 11-16 13:29
thanks for tests  really a lot of interference on 2.4 :/ I had hope that it will get good over 500m
about range extenders - they do work quite nice - with 3d printed ones and copper (or aluminium, don't remember) reflectors I had boost around 30-40% in range, but when flying close range they are v. directonal - so it's best then to aim at drone

You are welcome, the video is not mine by the way I found it doing research.
I see it makes sense that they will be more directional, at close range, but safer since the signal is stronger. A 30 to 40% boost sounds good to me!

I dont want to fly that far really but at least fly confortable a bit over 500m, the 300-400m tests ive seen are glitchy and very risky.

By the way I did a new Thread to ask more info about the range extenders:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid2006996
11-16 13:38
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 3538780 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing
11-17 08:29
Use props
Droneflier
lvl.2
Flight distance : 406444 ft
South Africa

Why would you spend $600 on a drone and fly it away from you out of site risking loosing the drone? I bought mine to take pics and make some useless videos.
11-17 08:38
Use props
Reinis (SkyHighFilms)
Captain
  • >>>
Latvia

Droneflier Posted at 11-17 08:38
Why would you spend $600 on a drone and fly it away from you out of site risking loosing the drone? I bought mine to take pics and make some useless videos.

Useless? HA!
Is this useless?

11-17 08:44
Use props
Reinis (SkyHighFilms)
Captain
  • >>>
Latvia

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-16 09:22
Hello and good day Reinis (SkyHighFilms). Thank you for sharing this range test video you have created for the DJI Mavic Mini. You did an amazing review. Two thumbs up. Have a safe and a happy flying always.  .

Thank you!
Use props
Reinis (SkyHighFilms)
Captain
  • >>>
Latvia

Thank you all for the good words!
Use props
KREMi
First Officer
Poland

Juliflash Posted at 11-16 13:38
You are welcome, the video is not mine by the way I found it doing research.
I see it makes sense that they will be more directional, at close range, but safer since the signal is stronger. A 30 to 40% boost sounds good to me!

I was saying it to Reinis (SkyHighFilms)
as he was author of 1st post and I was suprised how dense was 2.4 on his location
11-17 11:24
Use props
Reinis (SkyHighFilms)
Captain
  • >>>
Latvia

KREMi Posted at 11-17 11:24
I was saying it to Reinis (SkyHighFilms)
as he was author of 1st post and I was suprised how dense was 2.4 on his location

Yeah, the 2.4 is super dense...
11-18 06:08
Use props
DJI Stephen
Super Moderator

You are very much welcome Reinis (SkyHighFilms). We really do value all the contributions you have shared and provided here at DJI Forum. Please stay safe always and keep on flying. .
11-18 13:41
Use props
Reinis (SkyHighFilms)
Captain
  • >>>
Latvia

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-18 13:41
You are very much welcome Reinis (SkyHighFilms). We really do value all the contributions you have shared and provided here at DJI Forum. Please stay safe always and keep on flying.  .

That is very uplifting to hear!
Thank you! And of course
11-19 09:53
Use props
DJI Stephen
Super Moderator

Reinis (SkyHighFilms) Posted at 11-19 09:53
That is very uplifting to hear!  
Thank you! And of course

It is always our pleasure Reinis (SkyHighFilms). Please stay safe always and keep on flying. .
11-19 10:36
Use props
Droneflier
lvl.2
Flight distance : 406444 ft
South Africa

Reinis (SkyHighFilms) Posted at 11-17 08:44
Useless? HA!
Is this useless?

LOL great video !!!!
11-20 01:05
Use props
gyurxi
lvl.1

Hungary

Juliflash Posted at 11-16 12:11
So basically the EU version not amazing lol, thankfully I don´t live in a big capital but there are mobile phone antenas around for sure, good thing to consider flying nerby any of those.
Once I feel very confident I will carry out some range tests myself in small towns and nature.

I agree. I have this drone just for 4 days, but my impression is not too good. I live in a village in Hungary and wanted to take some photos.  I raised it to 32m and only 5 metere ahead and signal lost. I tried different locations without any success. I see other videos that in a meadow I can fly even 800m but cmon in a city I'm limited to 40meters?  I'm thinkingto sell it.
22 mins ago
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules