Mavic Mini Remote Charges my Phone
4311 18 2019-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ICDroneSE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 622575 ft
United States

Could you fix the issue where the Mavic Mini controller charges my android phone?

I've also had this issue with the Osmo Pocket, which pushed me to purchase the Wifi Module.

The issue with the Mavic Mini controller isn't as severe because it doesn't charge the phone too fast, but I don't want to keep unnecessarily draining the remote battery and wasting battery cycles.

2019-11-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day ICDroneSE. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this information with regards to the DJI Mavic Mini's remote controller and with the DJI Osmo Pocket charging the Android devices. In relation to this matter the Android mobile device needs on-going 500ma to maintain the USB connection, so there is no option for the Android device to disable the charging mode, it is related to the android system and the communication protocol. This is regulated by the Android Open Accessory ( AOA ). Thank you for understanding and support.
2019-11-16
Use props
romolo8
lvl.2
  • >>>
Italy

se hai Android con root e installi questa app sul playstore "disabilita la carica della batteria", risolvi il problema :-) https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.bramantya.stopcharging&hl=en_US
2019-11-17
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

romolo8 Posted at 11-17 03:48
se hai Android con root e installi questa app sul playstore "disabilita la carica della batteria", risolvi il problema :-) https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.bramantya.stopcharging&hl=en_US

Bad ..  need root !!
2019-11-17
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

thousands of Mavic Pro users have seen with their remote controls have seen their charges plummet because of this matter....

I found a solution in a "old  and still compatible" android device LG G3 MINI  ...this devide dont accept chargue from Mavic Pro RC...or Mavic Mini RC

2019-11-17
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Same problem for millions Dji/Android Users ....
2019-11-17
Use props
ICDroneSE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 622575 ft
United States

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 11-17 04:25
thousands of Mavic Pro users have seen with their remote controls have seen their charges plummet because of this matter....

I found a solution in a "old  and still compatible" android device LG G3 MINI  ...this devide dont accept chargue from Mavic Pro RC...or Mavic Mini RC

Hmm, interesting, thanks for the info!
2019-11-17
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

fail : Dji Fly app do not run in LG G3 MINI , not compatible , Dji go 4 running flawlesly
2019-11-17
Use props
djiuser_v0qcjRQQrcbK
lvl.1
Sweden

DJI Stephen Posted at 2019-11-16 16:14
Hello and good day ICDroneSE. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this information with regards to the DJI Mavic Mini's remote controller and with the DJI Osmo Pocket charging the Android devices. In relation to this matter the Android mobile device needs on-going 500ma to maintain the USB connection, so there is no option for the Android device to disable the charging mode, it is related to the android system and the communication protocol. This is regulated by the Android Open Accessory ( AOA ). Thank you for understanding and support.

Yes it is. Buy a micro usb to usb c cable. Say 20 cm or shorter. I opend it up with sharp knife. Inside is cables in different colors. The black is for charhingpurpose. Cut black cable. Cut it again so they cant connect accedently. Say you cut it so the gap between ends are 1 cm. Then it cant charge. The other cables are for datatransmission. So Dji. There is a possibility for u to make a cable WITHOUT that black inside. A datacable with no charhing function!!! Fly away..bye.
2020-2-5
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

I thought all along that I lost charge on my Galaxy s6. Now i know why, but no matter, I'll just charge it via the 2way hub charger
2020-2-5
Use props
djiuser_v0qcjRQQrcbK
lvl.1
Sweden

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 2019-11-17 04:24
Bad ..  need root !!

Open usb cable..cut black wire. Chargewire..and there you are..fixed abd all good
2020-2-5
Use props
Espace2020
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11119 ft
Switzerland

djiuser_v0qcjRQQrcbK Posted at 2-5 03:35
Yes it is. Buy a micro usb to usb c cable. Say 20 cm or shorter. I opend it up with sharp knife. Inside is cables in different colors. The black is for charhingpurpose. Cut black cable. Cut it again so they cant connect accedently. Say you cut it so the gap between ends are 1 cm. Then it cant charge. The other cables are for datatransmission. So Dji. There is a possibility for u to make a cable WITHOUT that black inside. A datacable with no charhing function!!! Fly away..bye.

Hello and thank you for this information BUT...
EDIT :
I voluntarily deleted my ideas because they do not apply.
It is said to avoid the load that it is necessary to cut the black wire
-> It's FALSE it doesn't apply!

2020-2-19
Use props
Espace2020
lvl.2
Switzerland

EDIT:
I voluntarily deleted my ideas because they do not apply.
It is said to avoid the load that it is necessary to cut the black wire
Cut the red wire (+ 5V), either!
Insert a diode in the +5 (opposite to the current) either!
So no need to waste your time and money on a cable ...
NO solutions ...
Tested with the latest version of Firmware (Dji), Android 9
JFR;)

2020-2-19
Use props
Espace2020
lvl.2
Switzerland

Sorry for the duplicates above
I don't speak English so easily and your Forum has an unconventional publishing behavior
2020-2-19
Use props
Espace2020
lvl.2
Switzerland

? Without success  !
It is said to avoid the load that it is necessary to cut the black wire ?
OR...
Cut the red wire (+ 5V), either!
Insert a diode in the +5 (opposite to the current) either! (or the black )
So no need to waste your time and money on a cable ...
NO solutions ...
Tested with the latest version of Firmware (dji), Android 9
2020-2-29
Use props
Harry Jones
lvl.1

United States

I just purchased a mavic mini and had a heart attack when I saw how fast the remote control battery drained charging my Samsung S9.
I Then went to youtube and found this video:

Mavic Mini and Mini 2 remote charging Android phone ISSUE SOLVED!   

link :    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDID4SvpbLU&t=72s

Many thanks to the creator of this video - Zolly .

I obtained diode 1N4004 from a local electronics store (micro center) for $1.99 and followed his instructions.  

My samsung S9 has the USB type C connector so I didnt want to ruin the micro USB to type C remote control cord experimenting, so i purchased a micro USB to type C adaptor ($3) and executed the video instructions on the unused micro USB to micro USB cord that was included with the drone.
=> make sure diode band is pointing in the direction of the phone !!

Worked 100% - now the remote control no longer charges my Samsung S9 when they are connected.
2021-11-21
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17352513 ft
Sweden

Just keep your phone fully charge before you star flying and it will not deplete your RC battery. You will not have any problems at all. Its just made this way to make Shure your pone will not run out of juice while flying. Just a safety precaution. I have never had any problems with this.
2021-11-21
Use props
djiuser_kW2w9c2vVaRj
lvl.1

South Africa

I had a huge problem with this issue but managed to resolve it by enabling USB Debugging on my phone.
2021-12-12
Use props
djiuser_kW2w9c2vVaRj
lvl.1

South Africa

I followed the following path to enable USB debugging: settings-system management-about phone-software version  (I tapped on software version 7 times and it gave message "Developer Options now enabled. then back to settings - system management and developer Options will now be available - scroll down and enable USB Debugging and voila.

I then flew my drone on my phone battery at 65%. after the flight phone was still at 65% and controller fully charged.

I hope this helps , can somebody tell me how to change my profile name
2021-12-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules