Rth issue
550 4 2019-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans48f0c1a5
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2278898 ft
United Kingdom

I have found that if you are less than 60ft from you homepoint that if you do an rth the drone will start to land where it is and does not return to home.
2019-11-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

That’s normal it’s worth going through the manual Rth can be complicated if not understood.

My apologies I posted Rth for mini.Here's M2 you will see where I highlighted you must set Rth at current altitude in your app if you want it to return within 5 to 20 metres.

6DD1C671-2FAF-4259-9DF9-FDAEB16721F7.jpeg
2019-11-17
Use props
RK7dronzy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2278898 ft
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 11-17 04:14
That’s normal it’s worth going through the manual Rth can be complicated if not understood.

My apologies I posted Rth for mini.Here's M2 you will see where I highlighted you must set Rth at current altitude in your app if you want it to return within 5 to 20 metres.
[Image]

Thanks id missed that you have to set to current altitude to have it rth within 60ft from homepoint. I only do an rth if i am being too lazy to manually land or at a distance or if the controller is screaming. It is a bit scary when drone just starts landing. I am surrounded by all sorts of hazards but fun and challenging.
2019-11-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

RK7dronzy Posted at 11-17 04:50
Thanks id missed that you have to set to current altitude to have it rth within 60ft from homepoint. I only do an rth if i am being too lazy to manually land or at a distance or if the controller is screaming. It is a bit scary when drone just starts landing. I am surrounded by all sorts of hazards but fun and challenging.

It’s best to set it on app, it has been known to lose signal at short distance wouldn’t be so nice if you were over a pond lol.
2019-11-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us. We're glad that our fellow DJI member here hallmark007 was able to clarify to you the function of the RTH. Just a friendly reminder, please make sure that you have enough battery when performing the manual RTH. You may also refer to the image below. Thank you for your understanding and continued support!

2019-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules