Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Will Osmo Mobile 3 Help in Low Light Settings?
898 3 2019-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Trex05
lvl.1

United States

I'm working on a project to take still photographs of objects in a museum using an iPhone. The light is relatively low and I can't use a tripod because of the crowds. If I hand-hold it, will the stabilization of the Osmo 3 compensate for not using a tripod to give me sharp images? I've tried just holding the iPhone and the photos are blurred unless I use a tripod.
2019-11-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us. With a 3-axis gimbal of the DJI Osmo Mobile 3, the user will help eliminate any shaky footage or blurry shot since the DJI Osmo mobile 3 delivers a super-smooth, stabilized image. A lightweight, ultra-responsive design reacts to your movements in real-time, letting you focus more on the moment at hand. Also, hope that you could get the best recommendation from our valued DJI members here in Forum. Thank you for your support!
2019-11-17
Use props
fansfe82067d
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

The gimbal - any gimbal - will help with keeping the phone pointing in a set direction, but when you are close to an object it won't help with blur caused by moving your hand left or right or up or down.  Once the object is further away, the effect of such movement is naturally less important.

One option might be to run five seconds of video of the object, then step through frame by frame finding which is least affected by movement, though resolution and noise might be an issue.  Just a thought...

2019-11-17
Use props
Trex05
lvl.1

United States

fansfe82067d Posted at 11-17 16:30
The gimbal - any gimbal - will help with keeping the phone pointing in a set direction, but when you are close to an object it won't help with blur caused by moving your hand left or right or up or down.  Once the object is further away, the effect of such movement is naturally less important.

One option might be to run five seconds of video of the object, then step through frame by frame finding which is least affected by movement, though resolution and noise might be an issue.  Just a thought...

Ah, good idea! Thanks for th insight.
2019-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules