Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Swollen Bats - Solved (!?)
580 6 2019-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Adriano Araujo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 731565 ft
Brazil

Had four swollen bats. They are functioning very well, but the fit on the drone was not perfect anymore (had to do some preassure to "click")

*Four bats* - too much investment to change all.

With a litthe needle, I punctured the back of they.

Had some preassure out. Flat back again.

All working good.
2019-11-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out. We're glad that you already manage to resolve the error's on your batteries. Just a friendly reminder, we don't recommend using a swollen battery since it might caused a problem on your drone when in flight. We highly recommend purchasing a new battery if the battery that you are using is already swollen to avoid any possible problems. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2019-11-17
Use props
fans8b23bfcd
lvl.1
United States

Swollen lithium batteries are a bad situation.  The trapped gas can ignite causing a fire during charging or operation.  If they do ignite, they put on quite a show and could easily destroy your drone or burn your house down.  I would use them with great caution.  Maybe toss them and buy new.  
2019-11-19
Use props
Malakai_UK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You really pierced a swollen lithium battery? You understand that they will react with air if it gets inside the cell. Especially if it has charge in it. Wow. Cant wait for the future posts on this one.
2019-11-26
Use props
StubbornSwiss
lvl.4
Flight distance : 480771 ft
United States

Malakai_UK Posted at 11-26 03:47
You really pierced a swollen lithium battery? You understand that they will react with air if it gets inside the cell. Especially if it has charge in it. Wow. Cant wait for the future posts on this one.

Yup.... next post will be "DJI batteries suck. Exploded during charging."

Classic case of total novices getting into something without bothering to educate themselves.

Indeed, I believe a lot of the problems reported on the MM may be due to this same thing. People with absolutely no RC flying experience, getting the MM and wanting to fly straight away. And then of course, they want to see how high and how far it can go. And all this without a proper understanding of the functioning of the equipment or reading of the user manual.

Oh well..... I hope the OP doesn't experience anything bad with his punctured batteries.

Ok......'nuff of my early morning rant.

Happy Turkey Week!!
2019-11-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Please put them outside where there is nothing flammable,  these go up big time,  havent you seen the mess even a tiny iPhone battery can make.

2019-11-26
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4
United States

Change the batteries in your smoke alarms around the house........
2019-11-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules