MavicAir one of the front arms has a weaker spring
1095 7 2019-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rapilot
lvl.1

Netherlands

Hello,
I purchased a new Mavic air less than a month ago from a local shop. While folding/unfolding its arms, I noticed that one of the front arms (the left one) has a significantly weaker spring than the other front arm. The two arms feel very different when folding/unfolding them. The drone is otherwise flies normally. Is that a know issue ? Is there something to do about it ? I am specially worried because the left arm can stay in a position where it is not completely unfolded (which never happens with the right arm).

Please take a look at this video that shows the issue. Any tips are appreciated

2019-11-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day rapilot. Thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to know the you are having issues with the left front arm of your DJI Mavic Air. I would recommend you contact our support team for further assistance with regards to this matter at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav . We have the professional team who would do their best to check the said drone and a corresponding resolution would be provided. Please Thank for your.
2019-11-17
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

TheMotorMagnetsTooAreIndifferentStrengthsAsFeltByTheHandsTurningProp
AlsoSeeIfDroneSitsTrulyFlatOnFoursOnTrueSurfaceMineWobbles
AndFinallyTestPropLockPlayOnceLockedAsSomePropsHaveSlightFitupPlayLockedToSpindle
2019-11-17
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

ya there are these spring loaded bearing/bushings in the arm, actually surprisingly easy to repair.   but i reccomend you return/exchange the unit as has a minor defect.   i replaced an arm on my mavic air before i sold it after a wicked crash and replacing that part was probably the easiest bit. so up to you...

you do have to take apart some of the drone though if you wish to work on it yourself.. but fairly easy as not a complete rip apart and only a couple screws.. like 2 to take the lid off and 2 screws per spring loaded bearing.. maybe a bit of trim need to peel off around the camera as well but been a while since i did it.
2019-11-17
Use props
rapilot
lvl.1

Netherlands

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-17 09:08
Hello and good day rapilot. Thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to know the you are having issues with the left front arm of your DJI Mavic Air. I would recommend you contact our support team for further assistance with regards to this matter at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav . We have the professional team who would do their best to check the said drone and a corresponding resolution would be provided. Please Thank for your.

Thanks Stephen! I contacted the support and waiting for the engineers to respond
2019-11-18
Use props
rapilot
lvl.1

Netherlands

HereForTheBeer Posted at 11-17 10:57
ya there are these spring loaded bearing/bushings in the arm, actually surprisingly easy to repair.   but i reccomend you return/exchange the unit as has a minor defect.   i replaced an arm on my mavic air before i sold it after a wicked crash and replacing that part was probably the easiest bit. [view_image]so up to you...

you do have to take apart some of the drone though if you wish to work on it yourself.. but fairly easy as not a complete rip apart and only a couple screws.. like 2 to take the lid off and 2 screws per spring loaded bearing.. maybe a bit of trim need to peel off around the camera as well but been a while since i did it.

Thanks a lot for the useful info. It is indeed a minor defect that didn't cause any issues with my "quite careful" first flights. I think I should follow your advice and exchange the unit. Don't really feel comfortable working on myself, specially that it is brand new.
2019-11-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

rapilot Posted at 11-18 03:26
Thanks Stephen! I contacted the support and waiting for the engineers to respond

You are very much welcome rapilot. If you have any other concerns or inquiry with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2019-11-18
Use props
rapilot
lvl.1

Netherlands

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-18 16:00
You are very much welcome rapilot. If you have any other concerns or inquiry with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you. Have a safe and a happy flying always.

I still haven't heard back from the support!
2019-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules