Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Local cache not recorded Mavic Air and Android
1244 3 2019-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BostwickDrone
New
Flight distance : 1037 ft

United States

I'm having issues with the local cache. No recordings seem to be made. I am using a Mavic Air recording 4k to an SDcard. My phone is a Google Pixel 3a running Android 10. "Cache Locally When Recording" is turned on "Record Audio with Video Cache" is turned off. The cache size is set to 4G and I see "Cache Space Remaining: 2139MB". The app has all permissions enabled. My flight records are getting recorded but I can't see any local cached Videos or Photos in the app. Is this a known issue?
2019-11-17
Use props
djiuser_Id4HhokCTfrJ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 99055 ft
Canada

I see that you created your post several months ago, but I am having exactly the same problem since I switched my phone to the Pixel 3a. In this case, I am flying a Mavic Mini and using the DJI Fly app. Did you ever find a solution?
2020-5-24
Use props
BostwickDrone
New
Flight distance : 1037 ft

United States

djiuser_Id4HhokCTfrJ Posted at 5-24 07:33
I see that you created your post several months ago, but I am having exactly the same problem since I switched my phone to the Pixel 3a. In this case, I am flying a Mavic Mini and using the DJI Fly app. Did you ever find a solution?

Nope just checked every combination of bitrates permissions and formats all over again. Photographs are saved correctly, there is no video cache.
2020-5-24
Use props
djiuser_Id4HhokCTfrJ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 99055 ft
Canada

BostwickDrone Posted at 5-24 08:23
Nope just checked every combination of bitrates permissions and formats all over again. Photographs are saved correctly, there is no video cache.

The problem definitely seems to be the Pixel 3a. Previously, I had the Pixel 2XL but it broke. This morning I took the 2XL to a repair place (the problem turned out to be easy to fix). Anyway, I tried again with my old 2XL and it works great, so now I have a 2XL as my dedicated "drone phone" and a 3a for everything else. Unfortunately, that doesn't help you much, but I wanted to post this in case any Mavic pilots are considering buying a Pixel 3a.
2020-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules