Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimbal Stuck: 40002 Error
1234Next >
88473 121 2019-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tbgame
lvl.1
Australia

Received on Friday, had a few flights but tried to start on Sunday and Gimbal constantly warning of error 40002 saying is stuck, check that it can move freely etc.

When powering on the Gimbal appears to move fine and no resistence. When trying to calibrate the app stays at 10% and if do manual it will not change at all.

Tried firmware refresh, different battery, different device etc but no luck so Gimbal unusable at the moment.
2019-11-17
Use props
TheCameraGuy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

With all respect, you removed the Gimbal protector
2019-11-17
Use props
tbgame
lvl.1
Australia

TheCameraGuy Posted at 11-17 17:51
With all respect, you removed the Gimbal protector

Lol do you mean have I removed the Gimbal Protector?? If you mean the plast clip when it first arrived then yep.

Had 3 or 4 flights all good prior to the issue occuring.

Thanks.
2019-11-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi tbgame, we apologize for the trouble with the gimbal. If there is no luck after refreshing the firmware and calibrating, please export the logs via DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic (https://dji.com/mavic-mini/downloads) and upload to Dropbox or Google Drive, then post the link here and we also need the serial number of the drone as well, we will help to analyze. Thank you in advance.
2019-11-17
Use props
tbgame
lvl.1
Australia

Please see Logs at the link below
https://drive.google.com/file/d/14zv_8RJ_53iC0W-PbTlFKs3r2G0sAUXx/view?usp=sharing

Aircraft S/N
1SZDG9Q31286VL

Gimbal S/N
1T3DG9P2B2P4ZW
2019-11-17
Use props
d4nfox
New
United Kingdom

Has this been resolved yet? I'm getting exact same error - half dozen flights completed successfully, then persistent error.
2019-11-18
Use props
dmbaib
New
Ireland

I have the same problem
Gimbal  warning of error 40002 saying is stuck and camera horizon issue.
2019-11-18
Use props
djiuser_36VFmNhMAhib
New
United States

Same issue i had 4 successful flights and now gimbal stuck errors. I have recalibrated everything i could with no luck kinda bummed i had some great content to film today only to have this issue.
2019-11-18
Use props
tbgame
lvl.1
Australia

Yep I've had the same experience as everyone else posting, fine for 5 or 6 flights then Gimbal just will not work. Have reached out to DJI on every platform for support but no answer as yet so not sure if is going to be a Software/Firmware fix or is a Hardware issue.

Was just starting to really enjoy it only for this issue to occur!
2019-11-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

tbgame Posted at 11-17 21:06
Please see Logs at the link below
https://drive.google.com/file/d/14zv_8RJ_53iC0W-PbTlFKs3r2G0sAUXx/view?usp=sharing

Thank you so much for your assistance to export the logs, we have already forwarded to our engineers for analysis.
Besides, we also need a short screen recording of the error and may we verify your flight environment? Was it windy and is the gimbal stuck with sand?
2019-11-18
Use props
tbgame
lvl.1
Australia

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bLUFvhli4qhQwTSPdhNEXyEhRELaPQ0K/view?usp=sharing

Video above of when is first powered on. Flights were not in windy area or sandy. No visual sand or debris on the Gimbal itself.
2019-11-18
Use props
tbgame
lvl.1
Australia

To add to frustration, decided to test it out again this afternoon on the off chance that something had been udpated. First attempt and the Gimbal works perfectly, no errors and super stable footage. Turn off and on, back to same old error and now wont work again.
2019-11-19
Use props
djiuser_h9DY8kM9dsu4
lvl.1

Ireland

tbgame Posted at 11-19 02:37
To add to frustration, decided to test it out again this afternoon on the off chance that something had been udpated. First attempt and the Gimbal works perfectly, no errors and super stable footage. Turn off and on, back to same old error and now wont work again.

I have exactly same problem.
I hope its software problem.
Very like that drone.
2019-11-19
Use props
nodeco
New

Hong Kong

The angle range of pitch:-110~35deg,from your vedio,maybe something resist pitch to reach down limit angle(-110deg)。
2019-11-19
Use props
djiuser_jVhHzAZ50aKS
New
Flight distance : 7297 ft

Italy

same problem !    First attempt and the Gimbal works perfectly, no errors and super stable footage. Turn off and on, back to same old error and now wont work again.
2019-11-20
Use props
EOX
New

Italy

the calibration is locked on 10% ... i think that new firmware conflicted with gimbal
2019-11-20
Use props
omareox
New

Italy

for me solved: when you turn on the mini wait for the ignition to finish and push the camera up slightly. automatically recalibrates in 1 second and leaves the error.
2019-11-20
Use props
tbgame
lvl.1
Australia

Same as above. I've managed to get it to work if you turn on, leave for a few seconds then push on the camera/gimble to almost get it to fight against you then it will correct itself and work perfectly (until it turns off and on again)

Not ideal as I'm sure the Gimble is not meant to be man handled like that but just shows it will work. Hopefully a software fix.
2019-11-20
Use props
MatthewW28
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11460925 ft
United States

It probably is software related but I have been having a good experience, 55 flights, 12.8 miles, and 2.93 hours.
2019-11-20
Use props
fans4561ff3d
lvl.1
United States

It is a mechanical issue. You need to gently(!!!) pull the gimbal forward. You get a “click” sound as it pops out from whatever locked position it was. I am not kidding. This will most probably make me return this whole thing tomorrow.
2019-11-20
Use props
djiuser_Yip0izEaAKty
New
Canada

Hi , im having the same problem to .
The gimbal calibration freeze at 10% . See attached screenshot . And the dropbox link for the data from the Mini
Regards!
2019-11-20
Use props
fans4561ff3d
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_Yip0izEaAKty Posted at 11-20 19:59
The gimbal calibration freeze at 10% . See attached screenshot . And the dropbox link for the data from the Mini
Regards!

Read my comment above. I had the same issue. It’s mechanical. The gimbal is pushed into the body of the craft and cannot turn clockwise because it hits the plastic. You literally need to pull it out.
2019-11-20
Use props
fans4561ff3d
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_Yip0izEaAKty Posted at 11-20 19:59
Regards!

Read my comment above. I had the same issue. It’s mechanical. The gimbal is pushed into the body of the craft and cannot turn clockwise because it hits the plastic. You literally need to pull it out.
2019-11-20
Use props
djiuser_Yip0izEaAKty
New
Canada

fans4561ff3d Posted at 11-20 20:03

Hi, i did check , and for me everithing look in its place , when i power the drone the gimbal moves fine but the calibration is not going thrue its process
2019-11-20
Use props
djiuser_Yip0izEaAKty
New
Canada

djiuser_Yip0izEaAKty Posted at 11-20 20:08
Hi, i did check , and for me everithing look in its place , when i power the drone the gimbal moves fine but the calibration is not going thrue its process

Do i have to open a DJI service ticket , for this issue ?
2019-11-21
Use props
djiuser_kuNBdgTNcaAX
New
United States

I'm having the same issue as well and only got it yesterday.
2019-11-21
Use props
fans4561ff3d
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_Yip0izEaAKty Posted at 11-20 20:08

Try turning it. Clockwise if I remember correctly
2019-11-21
Use props
djiuser_8TK1mTS8qf02
New
Canada

Recieved my mavic mini opened it today right after I charged it turned it on the gimbal wouldnt move just made a ticking noise and gave 40002 error gimbal stuck. Pulled it out like others and it gave it left and right motion but the camera its self just shakes and ticks
2019-11-23
Use props
djiuser_qADSzqhj1W6u
New

Canada

Had the exact same issue. Seems to be firmware.
Everything moves properly, "intermittent" etc...

What worked for me, redownloaded app, wiped and re-installes firmware, then made absolute sure that the app starts first, then plug in to controller, turn on controller, then start drone. Works every time.
Seems to me that starting up in any other way causes the drone to act funny. Either the app/ controller playing catch up and messing it up, or the phone/controller are correcting the problem as it starts.
Hope this works for at least one of you.
2019-11-26
Use props
djiuser_qADSzqhj1W6u
New

Canada

djiuser_qADSzqhj1W6u Posted at 11-26 10:16
Had the exact same issue. Seems to be firmware.
Everything moves properly, "intermittent" etc...

Well. That was completely coincidental. Stopped working again.
2019-11-26
Use props
tbgame
lvl.1
Australia

djiuser_qADSzqhj1W6u Posted at 11-26 15:02
Well. That was completely coincidental. Stopped working again.

Mine is due to be sent back for repair, but I am able to get it working everytime within 30 seconds or so by fighting with the Gimble - once it pushes back a few times it will just start working fine.
2019-11-26
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Captain
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

I just got this same error today.
I noticed in the calibration that I can hear the motors, very quiet but it sounds, I guess this is normal since the gimbal is made out of r motors.
However when it moves from left to right it does a squeaking sound, subtle but is there. Today it prompt me with gimbal stuck, even do is fine, did the calibration and everything works again, but this has me thinking if I have a faulty unit or is software related...
2019-11-28
Use props
djiuser_11g4sZr4zSFL
New

United States

I just got mine today. I charged up the batteries, updated firmware, and am receiving this error right off the bat. Never made a flight. I verified that the gimbal rotates freely along all 3 axis. Calibration will not proceed past 10%. Did anyone hear anything back from DJI? This is really unacceptable.
2019-11-29
Use props
djiuser_OerxCyOyQJ7U
New

Italy

have the same problem, gimbal is dead and never moved since I bought the drone, keep on getting the gimbal stuck error and does not calibrate what should I do?
2019-11-30
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Captain
Spain

It seems DJI support is ignoring all posts regarding malfunctioning, specially about the gimbal.
2019-11-30
Use props
djiuser_0T7NLhdW8hxY
New
Finland

Anything new about this DJI? I have the same issue and would like to know if this is a software related or do I return.
2019-12-3
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Captain
Spain

djiuser_0T7NLhdW8hxY Posted at 12-3 05:03
Anything new about this DJI? I have the same issue and would like to know if this is a software related or do I return.

I´m hoping they are aware, and not saying anything cause it may be fixable with FW update.
Hoping here... I may be completely wrong lol
2019-12-3
Use props
Thirdwaver
New

United States

Add me to the +1 on this issue.  Just started today.  I've had about a dozen flights with no problems.  Even a few flights with firmware 1.00.0300 but today, the gimbal is doing what all of yours is doing.  And no amount of manually moving it is fixing it.  It does a few tilt movements after I move it but the display still shows "Gimbal stuck".  Damnit.  I was hoping DJI had gotten better since my experience with the Phantom.
2019-12-14
Use props
djiuser_peuzf8L3bbwt
New

Trinidad and Tobago

I'm having the same problem on 2 dji mini drones    i just love how dji just ignoring this problem   if  you comment on their Twitter page about this problem they delete it   I'm never buying another dji product again
2019-12-14
Use props
Adrian358
Flight distance : 17940 ft
Peru

same problem fuk dji
2019-12-14
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules