Trouble with the DJI Fly App
1065 4 2019-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Piecar
New

Canada

Howdy.  This is my first adult drone.  (Bought a snaptain thing to practice while I waited for the Mini).  Got my Mini on Friday, downloaded the app.....Then discovered my phone isn't supported by the app.  It seems the issue is that the phone is 32 bit and the app takes 64 bit.  I spent the weekend trying to find something to fulfill the requirements.  No phone lists it's bit status without a different app installed, and no one will let me put on app on their phone unless I buy it.  Is there gonna be a 32 bit version of this app?  Will an Android tablet work in the app, even though it's not in the list?  Does anyone have a work around?  Because, right now all I can do is pet this 500 dollar paperweight.

Thanks
D
2019-11-17
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Every android phone/tablet with more than 3.5 GB Ram comes with a 64bit CPU, imho.
So 4GB Ram or more, and that issue should be solved!
2019-11-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, thank you for choosing DJI and purchasing the DJI Mavic Mini. I am sorry to know that you are having issue with the DJI Fly application. As of the moment, we do not any information if there would be a 32 bit version of the said application. Multiple tablets and mobile devices are able to work with the said application but those devices that are not recommended are not guaranteed to work properly or will be able to make all the function of the DJI Fly application work properly. DJI suggest to use the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic Mini and for the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. Furthermore, our DJI R&D team are continuously testing multiple tablets and devices to be added on the said list in the future. Fore reference, I will be posting the list of the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic Mini. Thank you.

2019-11-18
Use props
djicheaha
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2957598 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine arrived today. I can verify that Samsung Note 8 works.
2019-11-18
Use props
Bright Spark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

A xiaomi mi 9se works a treat. About £275.
2019-11-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules