12360 28 2019-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
andrei193
Second Officer
Flight distance : 240856 ft
Romania

Hi everyone!
Just got my Mavic Mini and what a great little drone it is. As it is my first drone I have a question to fellow Mavic Mini users and DJI. I experience from time to time a high pitched noise when rotating the drone clockwise and the gimbal follows it, only in that direction. It seems to go away If I move it up down left right or after doing a calibration. I suspect that maybe it takes a little time for the gimbal motors to warm up as it seems to appear after sitting for a while. Doesn't seem to affect the stability and the gimbal performs as expected and I honestly heard this kinda noise on phone gimbals when rotating a certain way but much quiter. Is it something I should be worry about? On a facebook group someone noticed the same thing and also "fixed it" with a calibration.
2019-11-18
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Mine does the same, I wonder if this is normal though.
Like you footage is super smooth, no jerky video like others suffer, it moves very nicely and smoothly but if you grab the dron by hand and rotate it, it does the sound then stops.
Hopefully somebody can tell us if this is normal or not.
2019-11-23
Use props
Six
lvl.2
Flight distance : 350486 ft
United Kingdom

Mine also makes a high pitch noise, it seems particularly bad at start up. I’ve been wondering if it’s a problem or not as I haven’t had it with any of my other DJI drones.
2019-11-23
Use props
andrei193
Second Officer
Flight distance : 240856 ft
Romania

Hey guys, also check if you have the problem described here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D712%26typeid%3D712
2019-11-23
Use props
B-man=)
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5433 ft
United States

I noticed the same thing on mine but after calibration it's fine. Hopefully somebody from DJI will chime in.
2019-11-23
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same noise here, noticed it yesterday while walking with mini turned on, it’s completely normal for gimbal motors to whine a little bit especially new ones...
2019-11-24
Use props
JeyTea
lvl.4
Flight distance : 399984 ft
Germany

I have the exactly same issue..

@DJI Gamora
Please tell us if it is something to worry about.

I had a few dji drones in the past, no one did make that noise before.
2019-11-28
Use props
JeyTea
lvl.4
Germany

Here is a Video

https://youtu.be/KNdovSJkLgA

2019-11-29
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Spain

That is the exact same noise on mine. Also happens when gimbal moves from left to right.
I really hope support can tell us if is normal, or we have a faulty unit.
2019-11-29
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Spain

R&L Aerial photography Posted at 11-24 03:09
Same noise here, noticed it yesterday while walking with mini turned on, it’s completely normal for gimbal motors to whine a little bit especially new ones...

Thanks, that's good to know.
Let's hope support can confirm this with us.
2019-11-29
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

InspektorGadjet Posted at 11-29 04:47
That is the exact same noise on mine. Also happens when gimbal moves from left to right.
I really hope support can tell us if is normal, or we have a faulty unit.

I had the inspire 1 with the x-5 camera, the gimbal motors made some scary whining noises at first but after a few hours they went away. The camera worked great for 3 years till I sold it, as far as I know it’s still going strong, no worries...
2019-11-29
Use props
JeyTea
lvl.4
Germany

I wonder why noone of the dji Support Team answers on this issue..
2019-11-29
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Spain

R&L Aerial photography Posted at 11-29 05:26
I had the inspire 1 with the x-5 camera, the gimbal motors made some scary whining noises at first but after a few hours they went away. The camera worked great for 3 years till I sold it, as far as I know it’s still going strong, no worries...

Aha, that's interesting to know,
I'd love to see the issue dissapearing with a few more hours, only flew the MINI over 2'5 hours now in total. Camera stabilization works great, and is very smooth, also the calibration completes, so... perfect there.

However every now and then when I start the AC, or changing batteries, the gimbal says is stuck and needs calibration again... and it either goes away within seconds or you have to perform the calibration.
No big deal, but it worries me it may actually be something else.
Thanks again for the info.
2019-11-29
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Spain

JeyTea Posted at 11-29 08:05
I wonder why noone of the dji Support Team answers on this issue..

Well I wonder too.
Basically I think they have banned me or something, they don't respond to PM, and never post in my threads.

One member of this community recommended to me speaking to one member of tech support, for an issue I had regarding another DJI account I own, about registration. Sent PM with no answer, made many threads about other things, still they ignore... sad but at least I can get some feedback from the community.
2019-11-29
Use props
Juju2b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 94150 ft
France

I've got the same noise but wondering if it's something to worry about or not ?
2019-12-2
Use props
clem clem
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19190 ft
France

there is already a subject that deals with this problem that I too have encountered :
https://forum.dji.com/thread-203330-1-1.html
2019-12-3
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Spain

Please @DJI Support, veryfy if this sound is something we should worry about or not.
We have the rights to know this, is not ctiticism.
2019-12-3
Use props
clem clem
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19190 ft
France

After a new test, I think that the "cold" is the cause of this noise.
I explain myself, the noise is present when the drone is switched on and also after a flight outside (temperature of 5-6°C).
Once back indoors the noise stops after 5-6 minutes (temperature 21-23°C).
2019-12-3
Use props
MiniChris
lvl.2
Flight distance : 552326 ft
United Kingdom

Mine makes the noise indoors whilst at normal room temperature without being outside at all.
2019-12-3
Use props
fans9c544e01
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1187005 ft
United States

Would a lubricant spray in the area of the noise, would that help? Anyone?
2019-12-4
Use props
fans40b37fa0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 391909 ft
Russia

fans9c544e01 Posted at 12-4 08:59

Just install the latest firmware that have been released today and the issue will be fixed.
2019-12-4
Use props
Crummett
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36929 ft
United Kingdom

Having thought it was a normal motor noise I listened again and it really was quite loud and constant. Anyway, just upgraded the firmware and it’s quiet as a mouse, job done!
2019-12-4
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Spain

fans9c544e01 Posted at 12-4 08:59

I thought about it but seems risky too... Anyway it seems it was a matter of adjusting PID values in code.
2019-12-4
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Spain

Crummett Posted at 12-4 09:40
Having thought it was a normal motor noise I listened again and it really was quite loud and constant. Anyway, just upgraded the firmware and it’s quiet as a mouse, job done!

Quite crazzy innit? is just gone...
I wish they came around here to say something though I was starting to get concerned and asking my retailer for stock so I could return it... thank god I waited.
2019-12-4
Use props
mearxi
lvl.1

Canada

I'm getting the same problem after the latest update is there a solution???please comment or message me if there is!!!!!!!!
2020-5-30
Use props
jeduardoh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38274 ft
Spain

Strange sound in mavic mini
I hear a strange sound when I start the engines of the Mavic Mini (Without taking it off) I have had the Mavic Mini for a week and I don't know if this sound is normal. I removed the propellers to try and isolate the sound
The noise is not coming from the engines, it seems to be coming from the body of the drone (a fan?). The gimbal works well.
When I turn off the engines (not the drone), the noise disappears.
The drone works fine, I don't remember if the sound was there before, I just heard it because I turned it on in a quieter environment.  (The drone is updated to the latest version) No banging

This is the sound:

Someone else presents this sound.. Is it normal?
2020-6-12
Use props
fansa3f8760b
New
Flight distance : 3 ft
United Kingdom

Mine has just started doing it too, strange but it was not doing it out of the box so this is definitely not normal. It doesn't affect performance and it is not battery related either.
2021-1-6
Use props
djiuser_Phar3uPblEBb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4287060 ft
United States

my drone had the exact same issue mine is 4 months old I just sent it to dji so I'll let you k ow what they say the issue is an whether or not they honor the warranty
2023-2-22
Use props
djiuser_Phar3uPblEBb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4287060 ft
United States

my drone had the exact same issue mine is 4 months old I just sent it to dji so I'll let you k ow what they say the issue is an whether or not they honor the warranty
2023-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules