Switched GoPro Hero 8 for the Osmo Action - NOT DISSAPOINTED!
1392 10 2019-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
andrei193
lvl.4
Flight distance : 240856 ft
Romania

Hi everyone!
I recently bought the DJI Osmo Action after I have returned a GoPro Hero 8 and let me tell you, I do not regret it at all.
I could have forgotten the many stupid decisions that GoPro made with the 8 (like a non removable lens)  if the image quality would have been great but that Hypersmooth 2.0 compression only looks decent if you shoot in 4k. If you use any other resoluton with Hypersmooth 2.0 the details get squashed.
Not many reviewers mention how great the osmo action image quality is. The details and the balanced colors are just awesome at any resolution (even 1080p) with rocksteady. The photo quality is superior in terms of detail and colors. Not to mention the great menu system. Also the build quality is great and it really makes it feel like a sturdy and premium action camera. This camera has wifi and bluetooth enabled constantly and doesn't affect battery life when you turn the camera off (GoPro users will understand) I am very pleased with this camera. Great job DJI!
The only issue so far that I found is that the new firmware has a bug wich sometimes says low battery turn off and have to turn it on 2 or 3 times to make it go away for a while. This post details it better: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 696%26typeid%3D696.

Later Edit: I forgot to mention the little extras/details like the battery case and the fact that you can put a microsd card in it. These things show just how much tought have been put into it.
2019-11-18
Use props
maddox
First Officer
Malaysia

Thanks for sharing your experience
2019-11-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for sharing your experiences. I recently bought an Olympus Tough tg-5, right before the action was announced.
2019-11-18
Use props
Mizzu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 431873 ft
Germany

Montfrooij Posted at 11-18 06:02
Thanks for sharing your experiences. I recently bought an Olympus Tough tg-5, right before the action was announced.

I got the TG-5 as well and after my Vacation (and all ruined videos and photos) I sent it back and bought the Osmo Action. I don't regret it.

Only cool feature at the TG5 is the Macro-mode.
But the permanent Autofocus-problem (AF is "pumping") really destroyed 50% of my Videos and Fotos i shot on vacation. I was horribly angry about it.
You can't even do one single video that's permanently sharp and focused because each x seconds the Autofocus starts pumping and makes the video blurry.

2019-11-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Mizzu Posted at 11-18 06:11
I got the TG-5 as well and after my Vacation (and all ruined videos and photos) I sent it back and bought the Osmo Action. I don't regret it.

Only cool feature at the TG5 is the Macro-mode.

Oh, I don't have that issue.
My only issue is that it does not AF while recording video.
At least, sometimes.
2019-11-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Ive seen at least one complaint recently about the sound adaptor being a bad fit and the slightest knock can disconnect it.
2019-11-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, thank you for choosing and purchasing the DJI Osmo Action. If you have any inquiries or concerns with DJI or with your new DJI Osmo Action. Please don't hesitate to reach us through DJI Forum, we are all here to help and support you. With regards the link you have provided. Rest assured that DJI is already aware of the said issue. For the latest updates for the DJI Osmo Action. Kindly please visit our official website at
(  www.dji.com ) for details. Again thank you for your valued support and happy filming.
2019-11-18
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-18 06:22
Ive seen at least one complaint recently about the sound adaptor being a bad fit and the slightest knock can disconnect it.

DJI has  fixed the Issue with Bella  and they  are reaching out now.
2019-11-18
Use props
malikbianca
lvl.1

United States

Hi, I'm also looking forward to make the switch but can't afford to buy the GoPro Hero 8. So was wandering if there are any good alternatives under $100 that would work best. Also I did some digging and found this guide: https://camerasgear.com/best-action-cameras-under-100/
But still i seem to be confused. So which one should i go for?
2020-5-13
Use props
malikbianca
lvl.1

United States

A few suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks
2020-5-13
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

hero 8 to OA  AWESOMENESS!!!!  glad  you swapped over.

update the Exhausted bat   more or less gone away   if it pops up its random.   Just love the camera love it.     we all love things for reasons.
2020-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules