Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Compatible tablets
12Next >
12267 69 2019-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JodyB
Captain
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

As several threads has mentioned, I was going to use a tablet as my main viewing screen with the controller because of the larger screen, but it isn't compatible because of the 32 bit OS. I'd like to see what other mini pilots are using out there as far as tablets go. I like the sound of an iPad mini, but as with all apple products, they are way over priced. Any adding any insight here is greatly appreciated. And that goes for anything that you've tried and worked, or not worked.

2019-11-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 93626696 ft
  • >>>

There are no approved tables currently, and I saw on IOS if you install the DJI Fly app and run it some of the screen buttons do not format correctly so you cant press them.  Like getting out of the settings.
2019-11-18
Use props
Joemar7
Second Officer
  • >>>
American Samoa

The Android tablets are cheaper, but you also have to take in consideration that the remote control's battery will last longer in iOS devices.  I was tempted to get an android tablet, but will look for a deal on a ipad mini and hopefully by then, the Fly app has been configured for tablets.  
2019-11-18
Use props
fliptwister
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22516 ft
United States

I posted this on another thread. Not sure if you saw it.

The best Android tablet in US currently is arguably the Huawei MediaPad M5. I have the 8.4" version. It works great with DJI Go 4 and the Spark. The Fly app installed flawlessly on the MediaPad M5. My mini is out for delivery so hopefully I can report shortly how it does with the Fly app and the Mini. There was a person that posted on this forum that this tablet works well with mini and Fly app. The 8.4" version costs about $335. It has 4 gb of ram a 64 gb of ROM. It also excepts memory cards and I have a 256 gb Micro SD in mine. It has a very nice IPS high res screen (2560 x 1600).

The iPad mini would work as well. It has a screen with a little lower resolution than the MediaPad M5 (326 ppi vs. 359ppi). The screen on iPad is also 4:3 so it is not as well suited for wide screen video (there will be black bars). The 64 gb version costs $399 and you cannot add memory. There have been some reports on this forum that there are some issues with iPad mini and DJI Fly app.

You will have to also get a tablet holder as well.
2019-11-18
Use props
Alan E
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6457 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-18 06:20
There are no approved tables currently, and I saw on IOS if you install the DJI Fly app and run it some of the screen buttons do not format correctly so you cant press them.  Like getting out of the settings.

iPad mini 4 working great for me. Have not encountered any buttons not working. To get out of settings I just touch to the left of the settings window.
2019-11-18
Use props
JodyB
Captain
  • >>>
United States

fliptwister Posted at 11-18 06:31
I posted this on another thread. Not sure if you saw it.

The best Android tablet in US currently is arguably the Huawei MediaPad M5. I have the 8.4" version. It works great with DJI Go 4 and the Spark. The Fly app installed flawlessly on the MediaPad M5. My mini is out for delivery so hopefully I can report shortly how it does with the Fly app and the Mini. There was a person that posted on this forum that this tablet works well with mini and Fly app. The 8.4" version costs about $335. It has 4 gb of ram a 64 gb of ROM. It also excepts memory cards and I have a 256 gb Micro SD in mine. It has a very nice IPS high res screen (2560 x 1600).

I already have a tablet holder in anticipation of using one of the four incompatible tablets that I already own, LOL!!

On a side note, I'm aware that there isn't any officially compatible tablets, but I know there are some out there that will try the ones they have and hopefully they'll report the ones that do work. Hopefully doing this might help get some of them on the officially supported list a little sooner.
2019-11-18
Use props
JodyB
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Alan E Posted at 11-18 06:31
iPad mini 4 working great for me. Have not encountered any buttons not working. To get out of settings I just touch to the left of the settings window.

Thanks Alan. I have been looking at the mini 4 myself.
2019-11-18
Use props
Bigplumbs
Captain
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Alan E Posted at 11-18 06:31

If you are happy then fine but is just a stretched 16:9 phone app it is not an app written for the Ipad Mini.

Another thing for DJI to sort ASAP
2019-11-18
Use props
TruGreen
Captain
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cellular Ipad Mini 3 works. Downloaded the app, went through and set settings and such. There is a "Expand arrow" in the lower right corner to make the app fit the screen better. Have yet to fly because I'm waiting for the proper cable to come, I used the small cable with Ipad next to RC for test and setup. Since the Mini RC has no bottom USB port like all the other Mavic RC do.

Will be trying my Samsung Tab S2 later today to see
2019-11-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day JodyB. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our valued DJI co pilots on what tablet or mobile device they are using when operating or flying there DJI Mavic Mini. Just for reference I will be posting the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic Mini. Thank you.

2019-11-18
Use props
JodyB
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-18 08:58
Hello and good day JodyB. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our valued DJI co pilots on what tablet or mobile device they are using when operating or flying there DJI Mavic Mini. Just for reference I will be posting the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic Mini. Thank you.

[view_image]

Thank you Stephen. I'm currently looking for information on tablets that are working with the pilots that have tested them on their own. I realize that there currently aren't any tablets on the official list of compatible devices and thats why I'm asking for everyones experience here. If there is another list of devices that has been tested but just hasn't made it to press yet, that would be appreciated. I just think I want something that has a little more screen to it than a mobile phone though.
2019-11-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

JodyB Posted at 11-18 09:03
Thank you Stephen. I'm currently looking for information on tablets that are working with the pilots that have tested them on their own. I realize that there currently aren't any tablets on the official list of compatible devices and thats why I'm asking for everyones experience here. If there is another list of devices that has been tested but just hasn't made it to press yet, that would be appreciated. I just think I want something that has a little more screen to it than a mobile phone though.

You are very much welcome JodyB. Since the DJI Mavic Mini was released recently rest assured that our DJI R&D Team are continuously testing multiple devices like mobile phones and tablets to be added on the said list in the future. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2019-11-19
Use props
infinigrove
lvl.4
Flight distance : 212051 ft
United States

I can confirm that the app installs and can connect to a samsung galaxy tab s5e.  I have not had a chance to fly it yet as the proper USB Type C cable can be a bit hard to find.

2019-11-19
Use props
Tripntx
lvl.1

United States

infinigrove Posted at 11-19 16:28
I can confirm that the app installs and can connect to a samsung galaxy tab s5e.  I have not had a chance to fly it yet as the proper USB Type C cable can be a bit hard to find.

[view_image]

I'm using this cable from RCGEEK with my Mediapad M5, DJI FLY, and MM.
RCGEEK Type C Cable to Micro USB OTG Cable 11 Inch
2019-11-19
Use props
infinigrove
lvl.4
Flight distance : 212051 ft
United States

Tripntx Posted at 11-19 16:46
I'm using this cable from RCGEEK with my Mediapad M5, DJI FLY, and MM.
RCGEEK Type C Cable to Micro USB OTG Cable 11 Inch

Yep, that's the one I ordered and this is what I received today

Box has the correct label but this cable is not going to work with samsung s5e
2019-11-19
Use props
JodyB
Captain
  • >>>
United States

All good Information guys, keep it coming!!!
2019-11-19
Use props
djiuser_GoFYHdDaJh8U
lvl.1
United States

DJI Fly app doesnt download on Samsung Tablet A 10.5.  Also was wondering if anyone has tired an IPAD mini 5 onthe fly app?
2019-11-19
Use props
JodyB
Captain
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_GoFYHdDaJh8U Posted at 11-19 17:15
DJI Fly app doesnt download on Samsung Tablet A 10.5.  Also was wondering if anyone has tired an IPAD mini 5 onthe fly app?

I haven't seen any mention of the ipad mini 5, I've only seen the 4 mentioned. I've got a tab a 8 and it doesn't support the fly app either. Was hoping it would work. It's an older tablet yes, but still a decent one for me anyway.
2019-11-20
Use props
Luis Mello
lvl.1

Canada

I have an iPad mini 1, not sure if I can make it work on that since it is a bit old.... If so, that would be great! Let me know if you find some tricks about it
2019-11-20
Use props
JodyB
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Luis Mello Posted at 11-20 07:56
I have an iPad mini 1, not sure if I can make it work on that since it is a bit old.... If so, that would be great! Let me know if you find some tricks about it

I would be surprised if iPad mini 1 would work. Best I recall, it is 32 bit iPadOS. I could be wrong though. I think iPad mini 2 was the first iPad mini with 64 bit architecture.
2019-11-20
Use props
Luis Mello
lvl.1

Canada

JodyB Posted at 11-20 08:00
I would be surprised if iPad mini 1 would work. Best I recall, it is 32 bit iPadOS. I could be wrong though. I think iPad mini 2 was the first iPad mini with 64 bit architecture.

I see... I wasn't sure about it since the ipad is too old. But that would be great if so.

I was wondering if I somehow by jailbreaking could upgrade my iOS version to make it work. That would give a brand new utility for my old tablet
2019-11-20
Use props
JodyB
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Luis Mello Posted at 11-20 08:43
I see... I wasn't sure about it since the ipad is too old. But that would be great if so.

I was wondering if I somehow by jailbreaking could upgrade my iOS version to make it work. That would give a brand new utility for my old tablet

If it is 32 bit, I'd say the processor is 32 bit as well. If that is the case, it wouldn't work because a 64 bit os won't run on a 32 bit processor unfortunately. It would be worth investigating though.
2019-11-20
Use props
djiuser_9YDUGHlRbIdD
lvl.4
United States

I started with Mavic 2 Zoom and a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 tablet/ Note Edge phone, found out they couldn't keep up with the video. I purchased a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 as it was ranked high on the devices that work with DJI. I missed the huge screen so I crossed the working phone CPU to tablets and ended up with a Samsung Galaxy TAB S4, the POGO keyboard and the third party DEX station along with a portable 4K monitor video editing. Now in the field I can see the video I've captured and if it will work. The Tablet holder and cables are linked below, try to find cables that are 90 degree and two sided micro USB, makes it nice.
The last problem is the OTG Host/Device issue DJI doesn't deal with: I just sent out a PCB to be build, an adapter that opens the 5 volt pin 1 of the micro USB so the Android device will not drain the RC. The USB SMD connector I'm trying is a type AB just like the micro USB connector on the RC.
Note: The TAB S4 with the screen turned to the highest setting is bright, about half of the rated DJI Smart Controller CD/m2  but at twice the resolution on the tablets screen and 4K with a remote monitor. I have an L220 sun screen but have ask them to build a L235 for the 10.5 tablets, if there is no shade around I use it.  With the DJI Mavic 2 RC I've been using a battery pack plugged into the RC and the tablet plugged into the type A connector of the RC, with the Mini there is only one connector and for the first time DJI has stated the Host/Device issue causing a 500ma power drain, guess they couldn't figure out how to use the enable pin on the regulator IC for the USB Device....

Holder https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KFJ7P8B/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1  Note: I tried two others before spending the $$ for this one, I should have just purchased this to start with, rock solid.
Cables https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H172CHD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and https://www.amazon.com/Compatible-Degree-Platinum-Cellphone-Tablet/dp/B07NZFBXMY/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=micro+usb+to+c+cable&qid=1574266694&sr=8-6

2019-11-20
Use props
Bob-Mavic Pro Platinum
Captain
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Have the iPad Mini 4, with SIM 128GB, it is NOT a regular phone, so can not receive Text or Phone Calls, it does have "Cellular Data."  I can NOT get Flysafe Authorizations on it.  I have yet to find a good way to do that, other than using a Cell Phone to get the authorization, then connect it to Remote Aircraft Controller, and turn on the Aircraft to fly, then download the authorization to the Aircraft.  Then turn everything off, disconnect the phone, and put the Mini--4 in its place.  Once you have the Aircraft flying I really like the Mini-4.  It is in the UPTOWN price area  Going to take a look at the Huawei Media Pad mentioned in an earlier post.
2019-11-20
Use props
Tripntx
lvl.1

United States

I have been flying my MM with a Huawei MediaPad M5 8.4" every day since Nov 11th. On the morning of Nov 14th I had issues getting it to connect. Not exactly sure, but the evening before I had started 'developer mode', and I had installed MS office. Performed factory reset that morning, and have been flying MM Huawei MediaPad has the interface multiple times a day since then without any further issues.

The Huawei MediaPad M5 8.4" has an extremely nice display, the video is not stretched like it currently is on iOS tablets, and it doesn't seem to place as much of a drain on the Remote Controller battery as so many people led you to believe about android devices.

I have performed one hour worth of flying (three flights approx. 20 minutes each) without recharging the controller. It had one solid led, and a second flashing led. The second led didn't start flashing until approx. 55 minute flight time, which means it enough battery in the RC for more flying.
2019-11-20
Use props
Luis Mello
lvl.1

Canada

JodyB Posted at 11-20 08:58
If it is 32 bit, I'd say the processor is 32 bit as well. If that is the case, it wouldn't work because a 64 bit os won't run on a 32 bit processor unfortunately. It would be worth investigating though.

I see... Probably I will be stuck to my iPhone for that anyways, which is not that bad too (iPhone XS Max).... Maybe I will eventually consider getting a newer iPad Mini for that purpose...
2019-11-20
Use props
K9JDN
Captain
Flight distance : 893819 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have had 2 successful flights, so far, using an iPad Mini 4 with the MM.  Bought mine 2 yrs. ago for the Mavic Pro, but then went to a CrystalSky.  Got a "refurbished" one from Apple.  (Cheaper than a new one, but works/looks like a new one!)
2019-11-22
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

I bought my iPad Mini last year over Black Friday. I agree they are over priced, but sale price seemed ok last year.
2019-11-22
Use props
BobB
Captain
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

K9JDN Posted at 11-22 22:20
Have had 2 successful flights, so far, using an iPad Mini 4 with the MM.  Bought mine 2 yrs. ago for the Mavic Pro, but then went to a CrystalSky.  Got a "refurbished" one from Apple.  (Cheaper than a new one, but works/looks like a new one!)

CQ K9JDN from KA0RLB 73's
2019-11-23
Use props
Silver31581
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2374357 ft
United States

infinigrove Posted at 11-19 16:54
Yep, that's the one I ordered and this is what I received today

[view_image]

I'm very interested in your experience with the S5e tablet.  Did you ever get the correct cord?
2019-12-1
Use props
BobWinNV
Captain
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

JodyB Posted at 11-20 06:52
I haven't seen any mention of the ipad mini 5, I've only seen the 4 mentioned. I've got a tab a 8 and it doesn't support the fly app either. Was hoping it would work. It's an older tablet yes, but still a decent one for me anyway.

I have an iPad mini 5 and it works with the Fly app but you have to run the iOS phone app in x2 size which is not using all the available real estate of the tablet.  Hopefully DJI will fix the app to be work correctly with the native resolution of the Mini soon.
2019-12-1
Use props
BobWinNV
Captain
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

BobB Posted at 11-23 03:31
CQ K9JDN from KA0RLB 73's

WO3B here.
2019-12-1
Use props
Gustavo111
lvl.1

United States

I just got tab a 10.1 and it didn't work, a thought the OS is a 64bit.
2019-12-4
Use props
JodyB
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Gustavo111 Posted at 12-4 18:22
I just got tab a 10.1 and it didn't work, a thought the OS is a 64bit.

Was it the Samsung tab a 10.1 2019 version? If so, I posted somewhere else that the one I have didn't work either. It's hard to find a decent tablet that works with the mini.
2019-12-4
Use props
Gustavo111
lvl.1

United States

Yep, I just bought it. And I bought it mostly to fly the drone, such a disaster.
2019-12-4
Use props
JodyB
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Gustavo111 Posted at 12-4 19:35
Yep, I just bought it. And I bought it mostly to fly the drone, such a disaster.

I’m sorry to hear that. I was able to find an in really good shape used iPad Air 2 that works great with it. I’m
Not sure if you just like Android,  but I picked up that iPad Air 2 for $75 usd on the Facebook market place from a local seller. It was even the cellular version. That’d be the what I would do is take the tab a back and look into that. Course that’s just me and I’m
Not trying to tell ya what to do by any means.
2019-12-4
Use props
Gustavo111
lvl.1

United States

I tried to install in a 8inch galaxy tab a and it was successful,  that's why I was pretty sure it'd work. I don't mind buy a IOS device, I don't know if I can return this item and get a iPad and I don't know if it runs dji fly also. Do you guys know which tablet runs the app for sure?
2019-12-5
Use props
JodyB
Captain
  • >>>
United States

So far, all I've had the chance to test is iOS devices. My iPad air 2 works great for a larger screen, iPad mini 4 and up works as well. iPad mini 1 does not work and I haven't had the opportunity to test an iPad 2 or 3. My Tab a 10.1 2019 version just flat out refused to install with a not compatible message as well as my Amazon fire 8 and 10 tablets did not work. With that, I've ran out of tablets to test with. If I get the opportunity, I will test more devices like if friends will allow me to use theirs just to test with and such and post findings here.
2019-12-5
Use props
JM.REYES
First Officer
Flight distance : 84423 ft
Spain

JodyB Posted at 12-5 04:35
So far, all I've had the chance to test is iOS devices. My iPad air 2 works great for a larger screen, iPad mini 4 and up works as well. iPad mini 1 does not work and I haven't had the opportunity to test an iPad 2 or 3. My Tab a 10.1 2019 version just flat out refused to install with a not compatible message as well as my Amazon fire 8 and 10 tablets did not work. With that, I've ran out of tablets to test with. If I get the opportunity, I will test more devices like if friends will allow me to use theirs just to test with and such and post findings here.

Hi again, everybody. JodyB, I recommend you for EXPERIENCE on Android and not being very expensive, I used until I broke the NVIDIA SHIELD that the power and size ARE IDEAL, always with my Phantom 3 to work very, very well. I currently use the XIAOMI MI PAD 4, and with both DJI FLY and DJI GO, it works PERFECTLY. Of course, if you decide to buy it, let it be the LTE model so you have GPS. Really, the two tablets that I indicate work great. A greeting.
2019-12-5
Use props
JodyB
Captain
  • >>>
United States

JM.REYES Posted at 12-5 05:04
Hi again, everybody. JodyB, I recommend you for EXPERIENCE on Android and not being very expensive, I used until I broke the NVIDIA SHIELD that the power and size ARE IDEAL, always with my Phantom 3 to work very, very well. I currently use the XIAOMI MI PAD 4, and with both DJI FLY and DJI GO, it works PERFECTLY. Of course, if you decide to buy it, let it be the LTE model so you have GPS. Really, the two tablets that I indicate work great. A greeting.

Thank you JM.REYES that information is what we are looking for. Anything that will work at this point and time to help some of the rest of us that are like me and need a bigger screen or just want a bigger screen in general.
2019-12-5
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules