Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Compatible tablets
2098 61 2019-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gustavo111
lvl.1

United States

I just realized that my tab A is running a 32bit OS so it's not gonna work until I install a 64 bit rom, so let's work on it.
2019-12-5
Use props
JM.REYES
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84419 ft
Spain

JodyB Posted at 12-5 05:12
Thank you JM.REYES that information is what we are looking for. Anything that will work at this point and time to help some of the rest of us that are like me and need a bigger screen or just want a bigger screen in general.

Nice to be able to help and share my experience on these issues with whoever needs it. For that we are.
2019-12-5
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 28566 ft
United States

Gustavo111 Posted at 12-5 06:04
I just realized that my tab A is running a 32bit OS so it's not gonna work until I install a 64 bit rom, so let's work on it.

Is it running android 9? If so, I would've thought that would have been 64 bit, but I've been out of the android loop for a little bit so I guess they could still be pumping out both versions.
2019-12-5
Use props
MatthewW28
lvl.3
Flight distance : 11444623 ft
United States

Luis Mello Posted at 11-20 20:31
I see... Probably I will be stuck to my iPhone for that anyways, which is not that bad too (iPhone XS Max).... Maybe I will eventually consider getting a newer iPad Mini for that purpose...

I also have an iPad Mini 1st gen that I would like to use, but it requires iOS 10 or above.  Im also stuck with my XR unless I decide to get a new iPad or iPad Mini.  Even if you jailbreak it, my iPad Mini sometimes crashes in Safari and a little on YouTube.
2019-12-5
Use props
Gustavo111
lvl.1

United States

JodyB Posted at 12-5 06:49
Is it running android 9? If so, I would've thought that would have been 64 bit, but I've been out of the android loop for a little bit so I guess they could still be pumping out both versions.

Yep, it is running 9.0 but 32bit version.
2019-12-5
Use props
Madperk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 650089 ft
United States

iPad gen 3 WiFi only (10in) works well with the exception of a device gps error message in the bottom middle of the screen.  There is no gps chip in the WiFi only ipads.  The app stretch seems fine although the apps graphics are a little on the big side.  I tether   it to a Verizon ellipses jet pack which shares its location.  The location is not super accurate but it is within about 50 meters.  I bought the rcgeek tablet adapter and 8in cable when I ordered my MM.  only had time tonight to test in backyard but I expect it to work just fine.  If I get more time tomorrow, today was my first day flying, I’ll post any additional info.  
2019-12-5
Use props
infinigrove
lvl.4
Flight distance : 194341 ft
United States

Silver31581 Posted at 12-1 16:50
I'm very interested in your experience with the S5e tablet.  Did you ever get the correct cord?

Sorry about not getting back to this sooner but I wanted to give this issue the proper attention that it deserves so I created a video

2019-12-7
Use props
fans1134ccb0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5466 ft
United States

Gustavo111 Posted at 12-5 04:29
I tried to install in a 8inch galaxy tab a and it was successful,  that's why I was pretty sure it'd work. I don't mind buy a IOS device, I don't know if I can return this item and get a iPad and I don't know if it runs dji fly also. Do you guys know which tablet runs the app for sure?

I cannot install it on my tab A8. What was the trick?
2019-12-8
Use props
Silver31581
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4314 ft
United States

infinigrove Posted at 12-7 13:57
Sorry about not getting back to this sooner but I wanted to give this issue the proper attention that it deserves so I created a video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTBQ9GJPAlU

Thank you very much for the video update!  I'm sorry the MavMount isn't working very well.  It doesn't look like it will go any smaller which surprised me.  I hope you keep us updated on your progress.  It didn't sound like you were as enthusiastic about the size of the S5e as I hoped you would be...
2019-12-8
Use props
infinigrove
lvl.4
United States

Silver31581 Posted at 12-8 20:49
Thank you very much for the video update!  I'm sorry the MavMount isn't working very well.  It doesn't look like it will go any smaller which surprised me.  I hope you keep us updated on your progress.  It didn't sound like you were as enthusiastic about the size of the S5e as I hoped you would be...

I do like the S5e tablet although it seems like it is to thin, LOL

I'm just not as happy with the entire setup as I thought I would be.  I'm planning to get a case for the S5e and a different clamp for the mavmount that should work better.  Plus, I still want to find a better cable.

I'm planning to do an update video after getting all that sorted out but the sorting out part won't happen until at least Christmas.  Then it will be mid winter which means bad drone flying weather.  So, I'm not sure when/if an update will happen but I will try to make it work better.
2019-12-9
Use props
The Watchman News
lvl.3
Flight distance : 63970 ft
United States

How come no one just uses a USB extension cable with the OEM cables? Am I missing something? Also for the Android users (which I am) why couldn't the power wire inside the extension cable be cut so it wouldn't try to charge the phone? You just need the data wires right?
2019-12-10
Use props
The Watchman News
lvl.3
Flight distance : 63970 ft
United States

The Watchman News Posted at 12-10 07:52
How come no one just uses a USB extension cable with the OEM cables? Am I missing something? Also for the Android users (which I am) why couldn't the power wire inside the extension cable be cut so it wouldn't try to charge the phone? You just need the data wires right?

I tried to edit to add but I was past the 2-minute limit. So I just tried this and confirmed it works. I have regular OTG extension cables for my S7 and other devices. I normally use them to connect hard drives to my phone. I just plugged my OTG cable into the MM controller and plugged in a regular USB cable between the OTG cable and the phone and it worked flawlessly. This is great news for me. Now I don't have to keep taking my phone out of its otterbox case just so I can plug in the stupid 90-degree connectors. It would also be a good solution for you all using tablets and needing longer cables. Here are the OTG cables I have. They are nothing special. I just noticed they even mention DJI in the title.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07V2Y2W9H
2019-12-10
Use props
infinigrove
lvl.4
United States

The Watchman News Posted at 12-10 07:52
How come no one just uses a USB extension cable with the OEM cables? Am I missing something? Also for the Android users (which I am) why couldn't the power wire inside the extension cable be cut so it wouldn't try to charge the phone? You just need the data wires right?

A standard micro-USB(male) to USB-C(male) cable should work.  However, you have to figure out what to do with the extra cable length because they are usually 1 meter long or longer.

The USB spec requires power for data transmission .... so, if you cut the power on your USB cable then no data.

2019-12-10
Use props
AE1M
lvl.3
United States

I am using an iPad mini 4 and it works fine and fits into the controllers arms fine. Had to order a longer cable to connect the iPad lightning connector to the controller..  
2019-12-10
Use props
PearlJammer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21106 ft
United States

Luis Mello Posted at 11-20 07:56
I have an iPad mini 1, not sure if I can make it work on that since it is a bit old.... If so, that would be great! Let me know if you find some tricks about it

I can confirm it will not. App not available in App Store for DJI Fly for iPad mini 1
2019-12-10
Use props
Hamiltom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18274 ft
Canada

Hi, Just watched your video. I have a S-6 tablet which is very similar to the S-5e. The mount I bought from Amazon  is very study and grips really well. I also purchased the longer cable and the one I received has the identical DJI connector to the OEM cable and fits really snug.

The mount - ASIN - B071GV74L7

The cable - ASIN  - B075683RSP
2019-12-10
Use props
BobWinNV
First Officer
Flight distance : 187474 ft
  • >>>
United States

JodyB Posted at 11-20 06:52
I haven't seen any mention of the ipad mini 5, I've only seen the 4 mentioned. I've got a tab a 8 and it doesn't support the fly app either. Was hoping it would work. It's an older tablet yes, but still a decent one for me anyway.

I use the iPad mini 5. Works fine. I just wish DJI would update the Fly app for native iPad mini screen size.
2019-12-10
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 28566 ft
United States

I wonder why folks with iPad mini's the app is stretched. It doesn't appear that way on my iPad Air 2. Of course I don't have one to compare, so I could just not know what I'm talking about LOL!!
2019-12-11
Use props
Nunook
lvl.1
Flight distance : 59 ft
United States

I purchased a Dragontouch k10 to only find it didnt work with DJI Fly. I put the tablet is developer mode and turned on the usb debug download the app from dji directly and it work flawlessly the Dragon is nice being only $89 and has an HDMI output to livestream through my encoder
2019-12-20
Use props
Nunook
lvl.1
Flight distance : 59 ft
United States

I purchased a Dragontouch k10 to only find it didnt work with DJI Fly. I put the tablet is developer mode and turned on the usb debug download the app from dji directly and it work flawlessly the Dragon is nice being only $89 and has an HDMI output to livestream through my encoder
2019-12-20
Use props
djiuser_ocpdUoJbAxqc
lvl.1

United States

Nunook Posted at 12-20 18:13

How does it work? Is it a 64bit OS?
2019-12-29
Use props
InspektorGadjet
First Officer
Flight distance : 405102 ft
Spain

Nunook Posted at 12-20 18:14
I purchased a Dragontouch k10 to only find it didnt work with DJI Fly. I put the tablet is developer mode and turned on the usb debug download the app from dji directly and it work flawlessly the Dragon is nice being only $89 and has an HDMI output to livestream through my encoder

Good find will have to investigate this.
2019-12-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules